Bluelight is now on Twitter!

we do have a facebook group.... although we don't really use it for anything.

i'm not very active on twitter... but i think it's cool to have bluelight updates.

^Thanks for that succinct description. 8(

This will simply be a medium to impart announcements relating to the site, say, if we go down for maintenance and need to inform folks about it. That's it.

I know it's difficult for some of you to understand. It's ok, take a deep breath and go back to watching TV. Don't forget to wipe the drool from your chin; it's not very becoming.

You're welcome. I gave it so you would make the above post. Feels good Finder.

Can you at least twitter something funny?

And post pics of Finder's haircut?

Yea, I started following BL on twitter, then I realized that it prominently display's my last name. That information isn't hidden, and quite a few BLers have access to that if they wanted it... it's not something I want sitting out there where it can be found unsolicited... Thanks though... :p

I don't have a twitter. I just RSS'd it.

Word on the street is BL is about to be bought by Rupert Murdoch.

you better hope twitter isn't down or malfunctioning for all the important announcements :)

Good show for implying twitter is some kind of serious pass time that requires intellect. Bonus points for figuring it out a year after Ashton Kutcher.

I lol'd at this

So why have one? Well a lot of organisations are doing it; profit and non-profit. Also not all members regularly check the home page or view the announcements posted in the ANNOUNCEMENTS forum. Another reason is to act as a backup to reach members in case Bluelight does down.

aka

1. Welllll.... everyone else has one!
2. Eh, it might come in handy!

god damn twitter...... so f'ing useless...

138 so far. I would expect that number to quadruple the next time we have to go down for maintenance ;)

I saw the announcement on the top of the new posts page and wanted to know more but when i clicked that link i got the 'you do not have permission to see this page' message. So i used up all my brain power for the day and tried one of the other links! It worked lol xD
Im just getting into twitter,im 1 of them facebook saddo's but ill check it out. Sounds like a good idea..... Thanks :)

I saw the announcement on the top of the new posts page and wanted to know more but when i clicked that link i got the 'you do not have permission to see this page' message. So i used up all my brain power for the day and tried one of the other links! It worked lol xD
Im just getting into twitter,im 1 of them facebook saddo's but ill check it out. Sounds like a good idea..... Thanks :)

Could you do us a favor and try that link again, the one that wasnt working, and if its still giving you that same message, post it here? Because there could be other people experiencing the same problem, and that would help to get it fixed :) It would be greatly appriciated. I'll give you a cookie :D

He might have seen an announcement from a forum he doesn't have access to. All the Twitter announcements are the same (there is only one) but the system puts the announcement into each forum... no matter June has passed now. Thanks again all :)