Survey for E users

sunny33

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

I am a researcher from the University of Tasmania in Hobart, Australia. I am seeking people who have used ecstasy in the last 6 months to contribute to a study that is investigating the relationship between the personality traits of impulsiveness and conscientiousness, and how they may influence risk-taking and harm reduction behaviours.

Taking part involves completing questionnaires and should take around 30 minutes. Questions ask about drug use and health, driving practices and sexual experiences, as well as questionnaires about your personality style.

To thank you for your participation, you may choose to enter a prize draw to win one of three $100 amazon.com gift certificates.

The questionnaires are online and are hosted on a fully encrypted SSL-secured website to protect your anonymity. To find out more information about the study please visit

<removed dead link>

For further information, you may contact me at [email protected]

Thanks everyone!

Edit: Researcher name - Ashley Lynch

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting your survey - there has certainly been an interest in this forum for surveys about personality and drug use, so hopefully people will be interested in this one too.

A few points - I assume this is open to all respondents regardless of their location?

Secondly, we usually like to publicly note the researcher's name as well as email address as sometimes this information is lost after the survey is complete and we try to trace related publications/results. I've edited your post to add that in.

Good luck with your project!

Hi Tronica and others,
Thanks for that, I am happy to have my name put to the research.
And yes, this survey is open to everyone, regardless of their location. Thanks for clarifying.
Cheers,
Ashley

Completed. May have been good to include a comments section at the end of each section, or the end of the survey. Although you do give an address for any queries :)

thanks don luigi,
a comments section would have been helpful - i will certainly ensure this is included in any future research. as i can't rectify this for this study, if anyone does have any other comments or questions please email them to me, obviously they can't be linked to your response submission, but i would like to hear them!
thanks,
ashley

This is a rather interesting study. Will impulsivity and certain personality traits predict drug driving? how about pre and post loading or pill testing? I can see some of your hypotheses now :)

Looking forward to the results!

hi all,
just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has participated in the study thus far. for anyone else who may be interested, i am still looking for more people, so your participation is most welcome. thanks heaps!

thanks all who have participated!
for those who might be interested, i am still in the recruitment phase and looking for responses!
cheers everyone

Very interesting survey! I am curious to find out the results/findings. I hope you post them. Thanks and good luck!

thanks blissfulabyss, results are due early in the new year, and i will certainly post them!

done.

some of the sex questions were phrased kinda weird, like a question about "do you think you have been exposed to HIV/AIDS?" with answers "rarely/often/sometimes/frequently". Either change the question to "how often" or change the answers to "not likely/slightly/very likely" something like that.