• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Seroquel and Cannabis

ElCityRoller

Bluelighter
Didn't know if this should go to Cannabis Discussion or Other Drugs. Mods do as you wish :)

I tried the search, no dice! So hear's my question.

Started taking Seroquel today for OCD. I took 50mg. Then tomorrow, I take 100mg. Then the third day I take 200mg, and stay on the 200mg once a day. I was wondering if there is any ill effect from smoking weed while taking this medication. I know everybody is different, but I don't think I can give up the weed for this medication. Also from what i've read, i'm on a pretty low dose.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thank-you.

Cannabis can actually alleviate some of the negative aspects of seroquel ie. neuroleptic malignant syndrome....Take it cautiously though- smoke small and see how you feel. I was adminsitered seroquel recently for psychosis/drug related craziness and reacted very badly- was hospitalised, and snuck out to smoke a spliff- which very much calmed me down. YMMV

i was on 200mg seroquel a day a few months back and smoking pot seemed to be the only way i could tolerate the terrible side effects of that shitty drug.

the akathisia i experienced while on that was unbearable.

use caution though cause the weed could make the seroquel knock you out faster and harder.

Thanks for the advice. Wasn't so bad smoking on 50mg. We'll see when I'm at my regular dose.

Thanks a ton! Just glad it's not as bad as drinking alcohol on these.

i take seroquel for OCD, lithium for bi-polar and celexa for depression/anxiety, for me smoking doesnt really effect me in a bad way while takin my meds, bodies are different, but id say yeah just slowly build up and see how your body reacts to the meds while smoking weed, thats all you can do really

Dear ElcityRoller,

I've reeding your message about the combination of seroquel and Cannabis!
Well at first i need to tell you that it's very importand to tell your docter that you are smoking Cannabis. This, because they can tell you if you arte taking a risk in combination with cannabis and
the medication you are using! I've askes if i could smoke with seroquel. The sad to me that it has to be no problem. So i't tryed out! Remember, i am not using that dose that you are. I have 50mg.
You are already stoned from your medication i guess, well i do! If you smoke, you getting more lazy and stoned. I don't feel sick with this combination but i don't need more than 2 joints at daytime and before seroquel i'd smoke 4 or 5.

Cannabis helped me overcome the lethargy\depression caused by Seroquel to some extent. I hate Seroquel these days but still take a bit if I get too manic-ky. When I take it I smoke some weed and don't have any problems with the combo.

Last edited:
First..I wouldn't say 200mg is a small dose really, its a solid dose; but the combo for me personally, being at 100mg, is completely fine. One thing you might want to be wary of though is weight gain. Seroquel is quite the appetite stimulant, and so is weed. I gained 10lbs mixing the two and I take a pretty solid dose of Adderall daily as well :\