• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Oxycontin: to snort or to parachute

Johnny blue

Bluelight Crew
Whatsup guys. Ok we all know that oxycodone by itself is much more effective orally. Of course with oxycontin you got the time release to deal with so most snort em. I personally snort as I just like snorting shit anyways but, I'd love to hear people's opinions on which ROA is better for them.

If you or anyone prefers chuting maybe you could break down your method too. Just curious here maybe we could even get a poll going cause everyone I know feels like they have to snort em so they don't waste any. I'm hoping to show just from opinion that parachuting is more effective and I'd imagine it to be healthier so...

I'm like you, I just like snorting, so when I have oxy that's what I do. I have parachuted- it takes longer to hit, but does feel stronger at the peak.

Just crush it into powder, put it in a little peace of toilet paper/tissue, swallow.

Sometimes I'll snort half and parachute the rest. The best of both worlds :)

DO NOT. take the above poster's advice. for some reason parachuting oxycontin doesn't work the same as parachuting instant release oxycodone. at least in my experience parachuting oc sucks, maybe it's because the time release chemistry is still kinda working but im not sure. but trust me stick to insufflation

im the opposite i actually feel like i am wasting them if i snort them.
IMO snorting kinda sucks cuz it feels good quick and feels great for an hour but is gone there after
i enjoy parachuting waiting 15 mins and then feeling great for the next 2-30 hours and good for hour after that

when i parachute i dont do ne thing special i peel the coating, cruch whats left and then hit with a blade like im goin to rail it but then i just scoop it all up with two razor blades put it in a small piece of TP and down the hatch

IMO IV is dumb, Insulfation is wasteful and oral is justtttttttt rrrrriiiiiiggggghhhtttt

for me 35-40 mg of oxy orally has me sittin side ways for 4 hours

when i snort i need 15-20mg to feel good and that is gone within an hour

so say i am tryin to get high for 4 hours some night, my best bet is def to just crush it up and let it do its thing

also if im not mistaken in the BioAvail/half-life mega thread i believe the general consesus for BA was about70-80% oral and some one had quoted IN as 40% +/- 30, so in theory if your system is all clear insulfation could achieve equal BA but prob not and also by the same theory IN could result in damn nere little effects (has happened to me once when i was determined to snort oxy with both nostrils clogged, i snorted 20mg waited 20mins and notin so i snorted 10mg more and 20 mins later basically nothin maybe felt like i popped a hydrocodone but damn near nothin)

anyways those are my 2 cents

Last edited:
If I have extra OC, ummm… yeah, so… in the realm of pure fantasy. No actually, at times I have had enough OC to waste on snorting. I grew up with poor depression-minded family and to waste is a sin and all that. Despite the fact that that outlook is irritating if you're making enough money to not be desperate about things, the philosophy sticks and can be extraordinarily useful.

It just gets annoying when you've escaped dead poverty and your family is still stealing sugar packets off the table at the cheapest possible restaurants. It gets really ugly when you live with alcoholic parents who managed to get middle-class and have a little dough to spare and they're still buying wino vodka. Fer crissakes, stop buying Popov unless utterly necessary. wtf? "Well, anyone who thinks they need to spend extra money on fancy labels is just showing off." Umm, yeah, ok mom.

Anyway, I would parachute in the morning (160-200 when I was doing too much), then gift myself little lines throughout the day. So I got the baseline high in the morning that would keep me super productive, and the nice little pick-me-up of the lines when the effects from the parachuted amount started to abate.

Lines were particularly helpful when I had to hang out with friends in the evening and I was feeling burnt-out after my morning dose had subsided. I hate drinking on opiates so I couldn't use booze as a pick-me-up. So I'd rail a 40 or 80 to get going again, then surreptitiously (sp?) do lines throughout the night. I had a Coricidin bottle from the old days that I put my ground OC in. My grandmother was a nurse in the 50s and she kept all those glass Coricidin bottles that slide guitar players use for slides. They made better pill bottles then. And the glass rigs…*shudder* I still haven't been desperate enough to use those.

My method for parachuting was just to grind the pill with a hose clamp, dump separate batches into several rolling papers and down the hatch. I've never liked parachuting with toilet "tissue," as the polite like to refer to it. I hate the feeling of toilet paper in my mouth. Fuck Freud and I don't give a shit. I just hate that soft, dissolving, powderey, sticky toilet paper. Makes me gag. I'm surprised that people can get it to work unless they're using Eastern European toilet paper, that stuff that's like the paper they use for toilet seat covers.

In short (right), I like the power and duration of the parachuted dose but I like the bumps/lines for the burst of energy they provide.

I guess I should add that when I was traveling with what amounted to a huge vial of white powder, I was always walking to a bar in the neighborhood and I stood very little chance of being searched. If I was going to a big party or rave, I'd just crotch it.

I prefer taking them orally. Snorting gives you faster onset and sort of a pseudo rush, but they do last longer orally and the peak is just as strong, if not stronger. I find chewing and sucking the pills long enough, so they've dissolved almost completely in my mouth before swallowing works fine for me.

If someone has time, they could crush them very well and dissolve in small amount of acidic liquid, like high % citric acid / water mixture. Let it sit there for couple of hours, occasionally stirring well and dump it into a glass of juice before downing it. That should take care of any remaining time release binders. Haven't done that myself, as I personally think its almost as good as instant release powder just crushed very well or even chewed throroughly.

Last edited:
i don't really understand "parachuting".
hits you the same whether its whole, half, chewed, or powdered.
It's all in your head.

IMO snorting gives a less pleasurable high than eating them. However, you must grind them into a very fine powder to make sure the time release component is broken down completely.

Chewing them is much more efefctive and a better longer more mellow high, snorting gave me a kick and last about 45 minutes then i'd get a sore head and could become very irritable, the slightest thing could put me in a foul mood or snap at someone

I like snorting them alot. Mostly because I'm impatient and like to put things up my nose. The high from parachuting them is much smoother and last's longer but eating drugs isn't as much fun. I like crushing the pills and chopping out my lines. That's half the fun for me.

If you wanna get the most bang for buck out of OC's though , parachuting is the way to go. I enjoy using both methods at the same time. It's the best of both worlds :D

I snort oxycontin just because I really like the way they taste when I do so. Any other pill I take orally.

i don't really understand "parachuting".
hits you the same whether its whole, half, chewed, or powdered.
It's all in your head.

Eating a whole time release oxycontin certainly won't hit you the same. Just telling you bro you might be thinking of IR pills like roxi or oxy IR. Sure they all have oxycodone in em but they aren't made to be adsorbed the same way.

heres what i do,

depending on how much atm has:

if its alot..160mgs or more, atm snorts half and eats half. this gets him the highest.

if its anyless, atm simply snorts them. atm does this bc no matter how much he has, he really only likes to feel that rush that comes with snorting oc's.

it all depends on what you're looking to get out of it. a rush or a more drawn out high.

When it comes to Oxycodone products, oral use is THE ONLY WAY TO GO. Not because the high is ULTIMATELY better in my opinion, but also because the oral bioavailability is naturaly very high. You'll get the most out of your money if you use Oxy products oraly. Also, parchuting IS NOT necissary. In my opinion, whatever you're using to parachute (A piece of tissue paper or whatever) is just an extra barrier causing additional time before you feel effects. Just instead, drink a small to medium glass of milk (the higher the fat content the better as this will effect peak plasma levels...) about 30 - 45 minutes ahead of time if possible. Then when you go to take it, just clean the pill off (If it's a name brand or similar generic all you'll have to do is lightly wet your shirt or a paper towel and gently rub at areas of the pill until the coating is gone.) and get a piece of posterboard/cardstock paper (or 2-3 pieces of paper stacked on top of each other) then fold it in half long ways. Place the pill, pill piece, or pills near the center of this fold. Fold the paper over on this and move your thumb on one hand out to make a sort of < shape, and place that on top of the paper with the pills inside the concave area of the hand and thumb. Make sure that you can completely prevent pieces of pill from launcing away with the pressure you and placing down with your hand on one side, and the crease of the papers on the other. Then just use a lighter or something else to smoothly crush the pills down to a powder. Use a credit card or similar sharp edged straight piece of sturdy material, to further chop up the powder. Then just get a mouthful of milk, gatorade, or otherwise ph basic liqud and tilt the paper up with both hands to pour this powder into your mouth. Then swish it around and swallow. Pow. Done. No bad taste. No unnecissary waiting, etc. And no waste. The fat in the milk will help with peak plasma levels without filling your belly up with food that will just get in the way of the drugs absorption. And since it's orally consumed, you'll have no problems with bioavailability. So, you're good to go. I'm in the middle of some bullshit right now, so I hope that all the information I wanted to get across is there, and is understandable and... what not... Enjoy! Have fun, be safe!

Thanks guys for this thread! I was going to start a similar discussion, but I got my answers! I used to only swallow oxy, but I have been snorting them lately because I figured I would get a better rush/high. I will switch to oral consumption, it will save up my nose at the same time. ;)

Some of you guys are doing extreme doses of oxycodone! I do opiates rarely and have been doing just 5 mg IR tablet up to 15 mg and its perfect for me. Lat week-end, I did the mistake of snorting 20 mg, felt really good for 5 minutes, figured I would feel even better with 15+ mg... and I felt nausea and the usual opiate high dose side-effects. Anyway, I was wondering if tolerance rises fast for oxy, the same for going down.

I quit pot and speed... so now am doing oxy here and there. It's not the greatest high, but I like it 'cause it's good and easy on my mind/body. I don't want to get withdrals and high tolerance. I don't feel addicted to this because it's not so great to me. I was thinking one day on, one day off and week break here and there. What's your advices? Sorry if it's a little off-topic.

By the way, I figured that fighting to keep your eyes open or to do something when the rush is over is a buzz killer. When I feel like closing my eyelids, I lay down and that's the best part of the high! That's also give me a very nice enjoyable afterglow. Never fight the effects of the drugs ;)

Great day all!

^ haha, ya you're describing the "nod" if you will. Sedation in its finest form.

Anyways be careful. You're starting off in the same place as the rest of us. I remember when doing 15mg had me rocked and nodding out... Nowadays 60 would have me high for an hour or so if that. At my peak I was doing 320 a day and withdrawals aren't fun and they sneak up on ya. One day on and one off is way too much IMO if you're trying to stay free of addiction. I started at once a week then it turns to a couple times and it just gets worse from there. The only way to truly be safe is to set a strict schedule and stick to it. I'm talking like maybe every 2 weeks AT MOST! Ya I know it seems too safe but, before you know it you'll be living your life rapped up in the warm euphoric energy powered high that is oxy. You won't be able to work without it and it WILL stop being fun, trust me. Ok that's my disclaimer for the day, be safe.

Eating a whole time release oxycontin certainly won't hit you the same. Just telling you bro you might be thinking of IR pills like roxi or oxy IR. Sure they all have oxycodone in em but they aren't made to be adsorbed the same way.

Well for ER of course you'd scrape off the extended release coating.
and then swallow.
but seriously,
I've done everything and it all hits you the same and at the same time.
Now empty stomach that makes a BIG diff. :]

I do perferring chewing though.
not because "it hits me faster" lol
because some of it get stuck on my teeth and gums and under my tounge
so I get a little boost before it hits.

Last edited:
I like to snort them mainly cuz I'm partly addicted to the process of snorting and the taste of OC

I also like to chew some or suck on some for a longer high, it depends on how much I have

I'm starting to notice that the smoking or freebasing method has been getting more popular in my area unfortunately, It's a trip, I think its the least efficient ROA. I see people argue that it doesn't work because it burns away the oxycodone. I don't know, all I know is people like it. I think it does work some what, probably the least efficient ROA though. I've done it a few times when friends offered for free, I think it's a very short high, and the high is mostly a "head" high. I prefer snorting it or chewing it, I just think it's weird that smoking it is kinda catching on, I keep hearing more places where people are doin it.

Wack huh?