• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Oxycontin: to snort or to parachute

i don't really understand "parachuting".
hits you the same whether its whole, half, chewed, or powdered.
It's all in your head.

No it's not. Crushed pills have a greater surface area, so they get absorbed faster. And with OC especially, a whole pill won't do much lol.

I prefer snorting.

I like to snort them mainly cuz I'm partly addicted to the process of snorting and the taste of OC

I also like to chew some or suck on some for a longer high, it depends on how much I have

I'm starting to notice that the smoking or freebasing method has been getting more popular in my area unfortunately, It's a trip, I think its the least efficient ROA. I see people argue that it doesn't work because it burns away the oxycodone. I don't know, all I know is people like it. I think it does work some what, probably the least efficient ROA though. I've done it a few times when friends offered for free, I think it's a very short high, and the high is mostly a "head" high. I prefer snorting it or chewing it, I just think it's weird that smoking it is kinda catching on, I keep hearing more places where people are doin it.

Wack huh?

as a knowledgeable bluelighter with a better then average understanding of how drugs work i always take my time to denounce that kind of plastic punk behavior, not to be a prick but because its JUST STUPID. now i'm not being holier then thou or anything, i've even tried smoking oxys/roxys with these types and for me it did absolutely nothing, even though i really wanted it to work and get stuper high off it. i could only deduce that smoking as a ROA is pretty much limited to the relatively inexperienced/misled and those without a high enough tolerance to even notice its affects. KIDS DONT SMOKE YOUR OXYS! it must be some trendy "sprinkle it on the blunt yo" highschooler behavior lol

Well for ER of course you'd scrape off the extended release coating.
and then swallow.
but seriously,
I've done everything and it all hits you the same and at the same time.
Now empty stomach that makes a BIG diff. :]

I do perferring chewing though.
not because "it hits me faster" lol
because some of it get stuck on my teeth and gums and under my tounge
so I get a little boost before it hits.

And that there is the bane of OD oxy users. The time release ISN'T in the coating. Maybe you get high from 80mg divided over 12 hours but a lot of us don't. I'm glad you're getting high bro, I'm not telling you to change anything but seriously if you crush an oxycontin then it will work better when swallowed. Again the time release ISN'T in the coating, that is a fact.

Anyways of course we are talking time release. It says oxycontin in the thread title, lol. There's no such thing as IR oxycontin. Oxycontin is just a popular name brand and that's why I made the thread to see what people think of the 2 most popular ROAs. I hope you don't take any of that the wrong way. Just making sure you have the right information.
Peace

have you ever let a IR oxy or vicodin sit on ur tounge?
it crumbles and dissolves really fast.
In a matter of seconds its powder on my tounge.
so say you swallow it whole.
by the time it reaches your stomach its already dissolved.
esp. if you swallow it with water.
seriously chewing and chuting is all in your guys head
but hey go live in a fantasy world
i mean a pill in a tissue is stupid anyways
the tissue takes longer to digest then the f-ing pill! lmao.

as for hitting me faster.
im not taking it for that im just taking it for a boost.
its not like a crumbled the whole pill over my gums.
I simply chewed the pill for oral comsuption
and I got a little surprise doing it.

im not going to fight with you.
becuase seriously it doesn't matter how you take it orally.

its all the sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

when people say they chewed their pill, to me that is taking it sublingually (also know as letting sit under your tounge and dissolve after its chewed up) IDK where your from but there is more then one way to administer a drug. read up on bioavailability and ROA's maybe? try the oxycodone mega-thread. there's no fighting to be had here, just trying to clean up so others don't get mis-information. but on the real, if you like poppin your pills and dissolving them on your tounge, do you. no ones gonna stop you haha just dont spout ignorance about things which are so clearly not true.

as a knowledgeable bluelighter with a better then average understanding of how drugs work i always take my time to denounce that kind of plastic punk behavior, not to be a prick but because its JUST STUPID. now i'm not being holier then thou or anything, i've even tried smoking oxys/roxys with these types and for me it did absolutely nothing, even though i really wanted it to work and get stuper high off it. i could only deduce that smoking as a ROA is pretty much limited to the relatively inexperienced/misled and those without a high enough tolerance to even notice its affects. KIDS DONT SMOKE YOUR OXYS! it must be some trendy "sprinkle it on the blunt yo" highschooler behavior lol

hahaha good one. I only wish I was inexperienced and had a low tolerance, man those were the days... I'm glad you think your better than everyone though. Actually these people have been doing oxy for years, I just think it's funny how people think you can't get high off of it. why the fuck would they do it then? makes no fucking sense. People are just stupid.

and by the way, first off all your not going to get "super high" off any way that you smoke it, as I said it is the least efficient ROA. Second of all there's actually a certain way to smoke it or else it doesn't really work, so if your sprinkling your oxy on a blunt, ya you won't feel shit, you'll look like a dumbass tho

I have used oxy for a while off and on, as there never seems to be a reliable supply (which is for the better). I have always snorted it, never tried the oral route. I do enjoy snorting it, nice quick and strong onset. Snorting oxy however, has a very short duration.

My question is this. What is the conversion rate of snorting vs. oral? Personally I snort 60mg and that gets me going. How much would a person who snorts 60mg need to take orally to get the equivalent high?

hahaha good one. I only wish I was inexperienced and had a low tolerance, man those were the days... I'm glad you think your better than everyone though. Actually these people have been doing oxy for years, I just think it's funny how people think you can't get high off of it. why the fuck would they do it then? makes no fucking sense. People are just stupid.

and by the way, first off all your not going to get "super high" off any way that you smoke it, as I said it is the least efficient ROA. Second of all there's actually a certain way to smoke it or else it doesn't really work, so if your sprinkling your oxy on a blunt, ya you won't feel shit, you'll look like a dumbass tho

take it easy there champ, i don't engage in "whos the bigger drug addict" pissing contests unless properly challenged and provided with my DOC in person :]

have you ever let a IR oxy or vicodin sit on ur tounge?
it crumbles and dissolves really fast.
In a matter of seconds its powder on my tounge.
so say you swallow it whole.
by the time it reaches your stomach its already dissolved.
esp. if you swallow it with water.
seriously chewing and chuting is all in your guys head
but hey go live in a fantasy world
i mean a pill in a tissue is stupid anyways
the tissue takes longer to digest then the f-ing pill! lmao.

as for hitting me faster.
im not taking it for that im just taking it for a boost.
its not like a crumbled the whole pill over my gums.
I simply chewed the pill for oral comsuption
and I got a little surprise doing it.

im not going to fight with you.
becuase seriously it doesn't matter how you take it orally.

its all the sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Ya IR pills you're right. It doesn't matter if you eat it or crumble it or chew it or whatever. Its instant release, we all know that ok?

Like I said this thread is about oxycontin which isn't IR. I really didn't think I had to specifically say parachute/eating powder/chewing thoroughly. If you don't think its worth it ok that's fine but, what are you trying to prove with all the IR talk? An oxycontin simply doesn't just fall apart as easily as IR forms of oxycodone. If you keep a pill in your mouth by chewing or whatever of course you will absorb some sublingualy. All of this stuff you're saying has very little to do with which ROA of the 2 listed in the title you prefer with OXYCONTIN. Its not about dissolving a vicodin and swallowing it and whether its sublingual or not or any IR anything.

I always used to snort them... I'm too damn impatient when it comes to my highs... which explains why I moved to the needle.

Whatever, I like snorting some, but the oral bio-availability of oxycodone is supposed to be higher than intra-nasal. I question these so called numbers.. Are they accounting for the drip? What about the amount you end up absorbing orally in the end??
Anyway, I think a combo of both is the most potent. Snorting gives you a quick onset + strong peak which are important factors with any drug. Oral administration gives you a longer duration and also is efficient.

oral for a longer lasting effect for me, snorting for that quick hit albeit a shorter high. IV for the satisfaction of the rush since im an IVer

revisiting this thread.. i think i'll try this time to just answer OP's subject line question as accurately as possible..

oxycontin: to snort of parachute?
you should snort your extended release oxycontin's if: you want a quicker onset and larger amount (bigger rush) of the drug to reach your system in a shorter "high" time period. with this method of administration you get shorter perspective high as the downside/trade off. the upside/reward is a quicker and more powerful rush/high all at once.
you should parachute your extended release oxycontin's if: you want to get higher, longer and also have the high last longer. a gradual onset builds up to higher amounts of OC in your system (peak plateau) where you stay higher longer. the trade off/downside of this method is that you don't get the same rush/high as quickly or at all that happens when you are snorting the same amount. the reward/upside is you stay higher, longer and absorb more of the drug into your body.

i probably said much of the same thing in my above posts, but maybe its more accessible written this way. be safe kids

heres what i do,

depending on how much atm has:

if its alot..160mgs or more, atm snorts half and eats half. this gets him the highest.

if its anyless, atm simply snorts them. atm does this bc no matter how much he has, he really only likes to feel that rush that comes with snorting oc's.

it all depends on what you're looking to get out of it. a rush or a more drawn out high.

I agree with you somewhat. When atm snorts it, it's a rush high that lasts not long. When atm eat or parachute, it lasts for a lot longer. Doing both is swell, and someone previously said drink milk or Gatorade with it, which is also smart. Personally, when atm has an 80, atm likes to cut it into four pieces, snort a piece, parachute a piece, taking the covering off and eat a piece, then have a piece left to do little bumps with. Just throwing that out there..

Snorting oxy was the dumbest thing i ever tried. So weak compared to oral dosing. Theres no rush(lol) and no high compared to oral. Its always like "I think i feel something", opies shouldnt make you question if your high or not and ive tried it by increasing my dose by 50% and it was still so damn weak, i dont know what you guys are talking about. I would rather eat Diluadid than snort oxy. Yes it is stronger.

^ Yeah I know what you mean, when you have no tolerance, or a really low tolerance snorting oxys is fine, but once you have a decent tolerance is pointless. I have to snort like 3 times my oral dose to get a high from snorting them now, so anyone with a tolerance, dont waste your time or drug, eat them

If I only have a 40 I snort it, if I got more I will parachute it... thats just my habit