• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Oxycontin: to snort or to parachute

Danger

i was recently at a cafe and heard of a guy who snorted a full 80mg dose pill in 2 lines. 1 in each nostril.

He apparently had zero experience and tolerance and had a seizure, then stroke. From what the witnesses told us he is now suffering from partial loss of use of his right (maybe left?) side of his arms + legs. similar to the stroke effects.

Be safe. As i say, take them orally as prescribed. I dont want to judge or belittle anyone as i have made mistakes and done odd things to treat my pain. real pain.

Take care. Be safe. Do your homework (research). %)

I love how RastaFly69 was all DO NOT take the above posters advice, then goes on to show he doesn't know that oxycontin is oxycodone IR if it's crushed. Stuff like that is a classic. It always seems the most opinionated people are the ones who are more often than not totally fucking wrong.

Mims reckons that swallowing processes almost twice the amount of the molecule, however I've always had the same feeling that I'm wasting it, I don't know why we all share that common feeling; I mean, I'd never spoken to anyone who did them or knew anyone who did them until I was two years into my addiction, but snorting always felt the right way. I'd swallowed a few that were ground up (gel capsule, or just pour the powder into half a shot of vodka in a shot glass and down it, fuck swallowing toilet paper, that's for noobs) and I don't remember there being a noticable difference in effects. Perhaps because it's a slower onset?

I'm CYP2D6 deficient though so I don't hepatically process most things that work, and 99.99% of analgesics have ZERO effect on me. I'm talking I can slap an entire box of fetanyl patches on my dick and not even yawn. If you know anyone with it you'll know what I mean, it's fucking horrible, especially if you suffer both hemiplegic migraines and have a massively fucked spine like I do in my case.

So yeah, I've had extensive experience with a few 'heavy' opiates, and to be honest, snorting always felt better. But I think also a lot has to do with the placebo of the ritual involved, google that shit, there's a lot of data on it. Hope this helps. Bit late, but if I'm reading this now, so will others.

I'm like you, I just like snorting, so when I have oxy that's what I do. I have parachuted- it takes longer to hit, but does feel stronger at the peak.

Just crush it into powder, put it in a little peace of toilet paper/tissue, swallow.

Sometimes I'll snort half and parachute the rest. The best of both worlds :)

Why parchute, just mix with cola or something and drink, and make sure your stomach is empty.

Or crush up, mix with a small amount of liquer, swill around mouth for sublingual absorbtion then swallow.

grave robbing much? and cold water extraction, every time. snorting doesnt do shit for me with oxy, but it works with adderall, but i like to break that down to the amp salt and smoke it, definitely worth a try #off topic

These are some funny arguments lol..

I REALLY don't get the chewing/parachuting argument. Seriously? I haven't really messed with OC since they changed the formula. But I did have a very regular supply then. I'm an IV guy at the end of the day, so when possible it's going into the outfit. But quite often, I didn't have time or it just wasn't reasonable so I would take them orally. I would chew, swallow, sip and swish, then swallow again. 10-15 minutes later, lets just say I was much more pleasant to be around =D..

Buuut.. Could someone explain why going to the trouble parachuting could make a difference? I really thought 'chuting was just a meth thing.. I am interested.
Cheers!

@volks it releases it all at once vs swallowing chewed up pills one at a time
thus hitting harder

have you ever let a IR oxy or vicodin sit on ur tounge?
it crumbles and dissolves really fast.
In a matter of seconds its powder on my tounge. I wonder how much of the binders and fillers (the oxy aside) sticks to your tongue and teeth
so say you swallow it whole.
by the time it reaches your stomach its already dissolved. Pics plz
esp. if you swallow it with water. I think you meant stomach acid
seriously chewing and chuting is all in your guys head educate yourself more
but hey go live in a fantasy world No, my dead grandmother does
i mean a pill in a tissue is stupid anyways
the tissue takes longer to digest then the f-ing pill! lmao. Hence why people put oxycodone powder inside the tissue instead of more tissue. A parachute delivers the whole oral dose, down the GI and into the stomach utilizing a single bus trip, instead of a freeway of cars

as for hitting me faster.
im not taking it for that im just taking it for a boost. snort, save the IV use for the pros
its not like a crumbled the whole pill over my gums.
I simply chewed the pill for oral comsuption
and I got a little surprise doing it. Metabolism is a bitch ain't it?

im not going to fight with you. Waste of a high
becuase seriously it doesn't matter how you take it orally.

its all the sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
^No, it's not all the same. Quite far from it actually.

To the Op

I found that parachuting was more of a flowing high whereas snorting was more intense and me being an intense person(at least back then) I pretty much always sniffed when I wasnt IV'ing(and I used other methods than IV'ing more than one would believe, some injectors do go back to previous MOA's. I just had to say that, im not at all suggesting you IV) though I plugged oxy a fair bit too, plugging is probably more effective than both snorting/oral oxycontin and comes on very quickly, I DO suggest giving plugging a go. Once you get over the fact that your sticking something up your butt(and everyone does to some extent) you will find that it is a really effective method of administration, and besides you really dont even need to stick it up far at all only 2-3cm which is nothing, believe me im gay, its NOTHING lol

Often you dont need to use as much drug when plugging but considering oxy has a high oral and intra-nasal bio-availability anyway you might not feel that much of a difference in potency but you will notice the feeling is a lot cleaner, the comeup much quicker and it lasts just as long as orally would IMHO. Intra-ass oxy is probably less corrosive too, you dont get the burn of snorting and you dont get the feral taste that you do eating the stuff.

Theres just so many reasons why plugging is better than pretty much every other way you can take drugs. The only downsides I see is that its not social, I highly doubt that people sit around at parties with syringes fulla drugs stickin out their behinds :p Funny though that ive been at parties where people are sitting around shooting up :( .... Also you need 3-5ml syringes which arent always around, you can sniff or eat drugs anywhere which makes them more convenient but if you are prepared them id go plugging all the way...Ill shut up now, sorry if your not interested at all.

Be safe! :)

Last edited:
After actually reading peoples replies I will add that theres not much point in snorting if your doing more than an 80 because your just dealing with too much powder and most of it would end up in your stomach to be absorbed there. I always found that using orally didnt quite have the kick that sniffing did, it lasted longer but I always had to do more if I wanted to be as high as id get snorting/plugging. Snorting half your dose 15 minutes after youve bombed the first half is the best way to go IMO, best of both worlds. Of course I IV all opiates worth doing now so all of this is irrelevant to me.

I just realized how old this thread is so im stopping here :p

Plugging is time consuming, anti-social, unsanitary, nd even when you circumvent all that, we're talking about opiods here/ might as well eat massive doses of Colonflo, in order to ingest a substance.

Well think about it this way...if the pill is whole it takes the stomach longer to break down compared to when in pure powder...thus hitting you faster and for some people stronger.

About time someone mentioned plugging. It is the quickest most efficient method and the easiest route through the membrane and its funny ! Back in the day we would plug ecstasy and it was hilarious ! You would get a bit of a wobbly bum feeling then
a mad rush..much better than snorting.
If you dont like iv then this is the boss to start the night .
Otherwise parachute it..your stomach acid is so reactive tobacco paper or toilet paper dissolves instantly.
Snorting is a wsste of the drug, just for people who cant get ice or charlie.
Moderate oxycontin or you will get tolerant too quickly. It is best for a night in not for clubbing unless it is the end of the night....when you should plug it ! Too easy !

BTW ladies don't be precious, lick your finger dab your stash and slide it up there F'Csake ..

Actually only half joking..never tried plugging oxy but should work shouldn't it ?!

I tried parachuting oxy last night and it just bowled me over not in a pleasant rushy way more like an anesthesio...I had just ate two temazepam though....
Next time I will start with the oxy first.
Still hav'nt dismissed plugging yet !
(Will try snorting first tho...rscks up so fine !)

I do too timalan; however I do NOT like the current formulations (ER) for Oxycodone & Oxymorphone. They don't work well (IMO/IME), which makes me want to 'abuse' them. I don't really get 'high' anymore though, my tolerance is ridiculous. 8)

I am a bit old fashioned , and not really up on today's lingo , but I have noticed a few comments on plugging, Umm is this ... how do I say politely , is a similar way of ingesting like what is referred to butt chugging ?? I guess one would ram a couple pills up the pooper and then try to sip some vodka to wash them up there ¿¿ I would think the later would be somewhat dangerous as the rectolius instantly absorbs liquids , I assume (no pun intend) the ox would also absorb very quickly... I'm getting a good chuckle jist picturing this process in my head..