Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin Pills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sætyr

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight!
about a month ago an individual bought 2 small blue pills which his dealer informed him were called silly pills (probably more accurately psily pills due to the suspected contents) which he claimed to contain the extracted psilocybin from an 8th of magic mushrooms. The other day this person ingested one pill at around 4:35 and was quite when an hour and a half later there were no effects whatsoever. at around 1:45 after ingestion he drank a glass of orange juice and then began to notice shimmering on the wall very similar to some of the visual effects he had experienced about a month earlier whilst on mushrooms. before this turns into a trip report i'll summarize and say that he proceeded to have a very intense and sometimes rather frightening trip, which although mildly visual, was more mental in nature. the trip ended sometime around 2 am. my question is, does anyone have any experience with said psilocybin pills? can anyone confirm that they are in fact psilocybin and not some other sort of research chemical which will likely go unknown unless tested? this individual does still have 1 of the 2 pills left and has sent me a picture of it which i will include below. i realize that it is nearly impossible to identify a mystery psychedelic of this nature, but any attempts to do so, or simply to confirm that it is or is not psilocybin would be greatly appreciated.
my best regards,
sætyr

resolved, im nearly positive these are purple ohms as mentioned by don luigi

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg80/Sur-reality/Photo75.jpg

Last edited:
What are you asking? If anyone's ever come across them? If they're possible?

Welcome to bluelight, love the name :D

Closest I can think of that's plausible to be around these days would be a 4-sub tryptamine, a psilocin analogue.

sorry for the incorrect initial post, i tapped enter a little too soon!
and thankyou! it's my rave name!

anyways, should have a little more info now as well as a picture!

They look like purple OHMs! I have a few pictures in my gallery of them. They're legal capsules that contain a mixture of morning glory and Hawaian baby woodrose, along with a piperine blend to increase the bioavailability.

purpleohms.jpg

That would explain the lack of visual intensity but quite intense mental experience.

However, this is just going by the picture. Could have gotten psilocybin and put them in some blue/purple capsules :\

The duration of the trip seems a bit long for psilocybin.

can anyone confirm that they are in fact psilocybin and not some other sort of research chemical which will likely go unknown unless tested?

Pure psilocybin is a research chemical, 4-HO-DMT (from memory, could be wrong). I seriously doubt someone has actually extraced the chemicals from a bunch of shrooms and pressed them into a pill, it is FAR more likely that they are an RC (Could be any one, or mix of 4-ho-dmt, 4-aco-dmt, the list goes on).

thats not to say there is anything wrong with that - the 4-sub tryptamines are known to be fantastic and versatile RC's, and also well priced so IMO thats far more likely what you've got. If you (sorry, your friend) took one and enjoyed it then there's no problem as far as I can see :) But it might be cheaper and safer in the long run to get your hands on some of the actual RC you want to take rather than buy it on the street

Pure psilocybin is a research chemical, 4-HO-DMT (from memory, could be wrong). I seriously doubt someone has actually extraced the chemicals from a bunch of shrooms and pressed them into a pill, it is FAR more likely that they are an RC (Could be any one, or mix of 4-ho-dmt, 4-aco-dmt, the list goes on).

thats not to say there is anything wrong with that - the 4-sub tryptamines are known to be fantastic and versatile RC's, and also well priced so IMO thats far more likely what you've got. If you (sorry, your friend) took one and enjoyed it then there's no problem as far as I can see :) But it might be cheaper and safer in the long run to get your hands on some of the actual RC you want to take rather than buy it on the street

Psilocybin is 4-po-dmt, first of all. Second of all, psilocybin/psilocin are definately not RCs IMO. We know quite a bit about them and have been studying them for years. They're nowhere on the "RC" level of 2c-*s/DO*s.

I seriously doubt someone has actually extraced the chemicals from a bunch of shrooms and pressed them into a pill, it is FAR more likely that they are an RC (Could be any one, or mix of 4-ho-dmt, 4-aco-dmt, the list goes on).
Psilocin IS 4-ho-dmt, and 4-aco-dmt is most likely hydrolyzed into psilocin in the liver anyway. So they are the exact same compound in mushrooms.

Edit - and for the record, I've seen pure psilocin for sale many times.

My main point still stands, that the pills probably weren't something extracted from shrooms, more likely something made in a lab, and that there is nothing wrong with that, in fact i'd probably prefer it.

Last edited:
Pricing is not allowed, so you'd best edit those prices out of your post Saetyr

thanks for the heads up safety, im new here so i apologize.

thanks don luigi! those definitely do look extremely similar, i'll have to check those out and see if they're the same!
my friend tells me that it was certainly a mind altering trip and that he discovered quite a bit about himself, both good and bad, so i think he'll probably do it again! does anyone happen to know about how these purple ohms affect one's body? my friend had a pretty intense migraine for the entire day following, so im curious to know if they're potentially harmful to one's health?

They definitely have a big body load! It can be very uncomfortable. Morning glory and Hawaian baby woodrose cause quite bad vasoconstriction which, I've found, often makes it very uncomfortable to move around. This could certainly also cause him to have a headache - it's given me a headache, lasting into the next day, a few times, especially if I don't manage to sleep.

If he gets any more then ask him to open up the capsules. Rather than powder, these contain a 'fluffy' mix of stuff that is obviously mostly plant material. They are potentially harmful to your health due to the effects of vasoconstriction on your joints, but nothing too serious (except in a few rare cases, and with very high doses).

that would explain the headaches. he didnt experience an overly large body load, but told me that they certainly didnt feel light and airy like some shrooms he had done about a month prior. i think in the future he'll definitely stick to shrooms thoughl... now what to do with his remaining pill...

do you happen to know of a website that sells these pills (since they're legal i hope talking about sales shouldn't raise an issue) so i can see if my buddy got ripped off buying them from a dealer?

I know a few websites. I think that, since I am talking about a legal product and not specifying a website or source I can say the price that I paid anytime I bought them.

Anytime I bought them in headshops they were £6 per 3 capsules. The potency varies widely from pack to pack (due to it being plant material).

:)

any idea how much that translates to in US dollars?
that's mildly upsetting as my friend paid quite a bit more for a single pill.

It's around $9.50 :(

Although, I don't think that they're legal to buy in the USA, or that they ship them in the USA so that could be some compensation. Also, that £6 is from quite a while ago, before the economic shithole.

Still, they may not be purple OHMs. Your best bet is to get him to open the capsule and examine the contents. Puprle OHMs are stuffed with the material. Also, each capsule weighs around 500mg.

alright, are they still ingest-able after opening or does that mess with the capsules release time?
if so i'll have him break one open right now.

Yeah, they're still ingestable. If they are, indeed, purple ohms then it's neatly packed in there so you can just pop the lid back on the capsule. If anything they would kick in faster if you just removed the material and ate it or bombed/parachuted it. Would probably taste quite nasty though.

good call, yeah he was quite surprised when they took nearly two hours to take effect! parachuting them would prolly be a good idea!

alright, he cut it open and found a sort of clumpy white powder within, not plant material. does this mean mystery unresolved?

Last edited:
Well, when you open the purple ohms it doesn't look like obvious plant material. However, it doesn't really look like a clumpy white powder!

I guess it's unresolved then. All that speculation for nothing! :D

I guess it's just some mystery RC then. At least he's not been completely ripped off. Does it look like there's much of it, does it take up much space in the capsule? I was going to say that the capsule in the picture looks a little small, but I've no idea how big that coin is in real life :\

the capsule is about half full.
ah damn, yeah i forget that not everyone knows what a nickel looks like :p
it's possible that it's a new formula however, as the color of the pill is much more similar to this XXX
so it's possible that they are now grinding up the plant material instead of just stuffing it in there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.