View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin Pills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just the light that the picture's taken in. They have it all processed in with the other ingredients into a mix. They kinda need to stuff the capsule because the dose required for MG/ HBWR is higher than the capsules provide. However the piperine blend helps to potentiate it. I also always found that I needed to take all three. However, one could do the job with one batch wheras another might need 6 for the same effect.

You'll need to remove that link before you get told off by the big bad mods :D

I wish I'd taken a picture of the inside of one whenever I had them, if I could only figure out how to get into the damn gallery!

EDIT: Just got it:

PO2.JPG

PO.JPG

They look longer than your capsule I think..although there's nothing to compare it with in my pics.

that they do, but very similar otherwise.
any kind of size comparison by any chance?

whoops, just saw that last line hiding below the pics. lol.
hmmm, well oh well! I dont think my buddy will buy them again regardless. best to buy shrooms when looking for shrooms. i think he will parachute this one shortly however and post an extensive trip report afterwards :) so look out for that! he had some very interesting revelations last time he used said substance

Well a nickel is 32mm wide..which means it could be about right. I just remembered - the purple ohm capsules are flavoured. They're supposed to be grape flavoured but don't really taste like that. Maybe give the capsule a lick lol? :D (What a funny measure to identify a drug haha)

Hmm, again it looks like it could be it, maybe a little less packed. Although, if it's an RC - it looks like quite a lot of material so it would be quite a high dose one I think! When you hold it like that, it looks about the right size, because I have small hands. (Doesn't mean I have a small willy...although I do have a small willy :()

hmmm, i get the feeling that it is the purple ohms... or atleast i'd like to tell myself that so that i can stop wondering! do you think it'd kick in quicker than the 2 hours if my friend parachuted it?

haha, that's alright! it's not the size of the wave, but the motion of the ocean :p

hmmm, i get the feeling that it is the purple ohms... or atleast i'd like to tell myself that so that i can stop wondering! do you think it'd kick in quicker than the 2 hours if my friend parachuted it?

haha, that's alright! it's not the size of the wave, but the motion of the ocean :p

Yeah, I be using depth charges :D

Yeah, it should kick in quicker, it can take a wee while to get through those capsules if you have food in your stomach. The long come up also makes me think it could be the ohms because it takes a couple of hours to peak on LSAs and one ohm isn't usually that strong.

fuckin..........ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not psi.

Very likely not that is.

Who would bother to do that with their mushrooms?

Also, you would know if you know mushrooms well.

powder n shit.....lol

I seriously doubt someone has actually extraced the chemicals from a bunch of shrooms

Why not, the procedure is quite easy and doesn't require any hard-to-get chemicals.

Although the result would be a mixture of psilocin/psilocybin/(maybe baeocystin, depending on species).

Although it doesn't make much sense to go through all that trouble, if you have shrooms you can just eat the shrooms, or grind them and put to gelcaps or make chocolate... but theoretically, it would not be that hard to extract the alkaloids from shrooms and put them in capsules, either.

Surely, to actually extract a close to chemically pure product, you'd need some decent chemistry knowledge and equipment?

Why not, the procedure is quite easy and doesn't require any hard-to-get chemicals.

Although the result would be a mixture of psilocin/psilocybin/(maybe baeocystin, depending on species).

Although it doesn't make much sense to go through all that trouble, if you have shrooms you can just eat the shrooms, or grind them and put to gelcaps or make chocolate... but theoretically, it would not be that hard to extract the alkaloids from shrooms and put them in capsules, either.

But why would you do it? Unless you can sell the psilocybin pills for 10 times the amount you can sell mushrooms for why would you bother?

Surely, to actually extract a close to chemically pure product, you'd need some decent chemistry knowledge and equipment?

Well, to get a single pure substance out of a mixture you'd need some knowledge of how to do chromatography, but you can get a fairly clean mixture of alkaloids out of plant matter with an acid/base technique and pretty rudimentary chem knowledge. The purer you get the more you throw away with acid/base extraction though.

But why would you do it? Unless you can sell the psilocybin pills for 10 times the amount you can sell mushrooms for why would you bother?

it wouldn't be worth doing for profit, but it might be an interesting project for somebody. I wouldn't do it though. Waste of petroleum product (naptha). Petroleum products aren't something I use very liberally.

I don't think it's a standard A/B extraction - think you need to use methanol.

Psychedelic Mushroom Studies

I hope you are still responding to this. I have been trying to get my hands on the psilocybin pills recently. I fell upon this one article explaining how scientists in the U.S. are now doing double blind tests. So out of 36 people, 30 people received a pill that had the same amount of psilocybin as a 1/5th of shrooms. The other 6 were given a ritalin-placebo. the article is here: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/07/psilocybin-stud/ So, if Saetyr did really get mushrooms in a pill, that is probably where it leaked out from. It would explain why the experience lasted so long.

^Please do not confound the discussion-- there is almost 0% chance that these purple pills are in any way related to a double blind medical trial.

For the people discussing the theoretical possibility of extracting something from mushrooms, please remember that psilocin is not DMT and the extraction process is not the same. People on shroomery and mycotopia have done extensive first-hand research on psilocybin or psilocin extracts, and unless you have a Merck laboratory there is simply no feasible way to start with mushrooms and end with white crystalline psilocin hydrochloride.

This thread is exactly why the rules are in place-- "what did I take" is going to be about a million anecdotes and no verifiable information. I am inclined to believe that there is an high chance of these purple pills being some kind of "herbal blend" (may or may not contain actual plants like morning glory) but it may not be the actual "Purple OM" or it may be a later batch that has a different set of ingredients. We all know that the people who make these "herbal highs" are unscrupulous and often sell caffeine pills with unmarked doses (highly dangerous) as ecstasy. It is also possible that this is 4-AcO-DMT or even a 2C-X that is being misrepresented simply because it is easier to tell people on the street that they are going to take mushrooms than to explain the whole concept of a designer drug analog.

Mods please close?

EDIT: oops, saw that this was a resurrection by shonpaul. Well my post still stands I guess.

i've eaten so called psilocybin pills before, it was a clear capsule with white powder in it. looking back impossible to tell if it was an RC or not. the trip felt just like mushrooms tho. my buddy was even daring enough to break one open and snort it, he said it was the hardest he had ever tripped off "mushrooms"

Status
Not open for further replies.