• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do I have such INTENSE trips from weed?

realize that your heart is racing, and it's causing you to be on edge - and that weed can make you think quite deeply too.

then take a deep breath, or 2...

AND RELAX HOMIE!

If you really can't and you're too blasted - learn your boundaries, or in extreme cases DON'T SMOKE WEED.

This happens to me everytime i get high now since i took about a month t-break, i also think a very large reason for this in my case is if u used lsd in the past few months. I see designs in everything always things out of the corner out of my eye and even full on hallucinations, i definelty also have that euphoric body high and its awesome.. the only bad thing about this is when u sketch and then u feel ur heart it can be kind of scary. it is also very hard to sleep which is one of my favorite things to do while high :D

DJ-How often do you smoke? How much do you smoke? Also do you smoke mainly Sativas?

It sounds like you've got a low tolerance and that you're smoking with people who have a moderate/high tolerance. Instead of taking a hit off the J/bowl/bong everytime it's passed to you just take one hit or a few and see how you feel after that and don't smoke anymore.

I've had what you described as not being able to walk straight and being too into my own head with my own thoughts when I had a low tolerance and I smoked with a friend that smoked way more often than I did at the time and he had a high tolerance.

Also where were you when you were smoking herb? I hate being very high in public where I have to pretend that I'm sober or act sober when I'm blazed out of my mind.

Herb can cause some people intense anxiety and panic attacks. Lots of people including myself either just deal with it, work through them and realize that they're just high and it will pass, and I've known people who stopped smoking herb because of them.

I've known other people who wind up taking some benzos but I have no experience with those so I can't tell you what they do. Drinking a beer or a few would relax me and calm me down but that's what beer does to me, other people puke or get even worse anxiety if they smoke and drink.

IME anxiety and panic attacks from herb go away with daily/frequent use and tolerance since even if you get some while high you're so used to being high you just tell yourself, "Ehhhh I'm just high I'll be OK soon!" or you can watch some TV or listen to some music or do whatever it is that you like to do to calm down and relax.

Last edited:
My first and last weed experience was terrible, but I think I went to hard to fast.. I did three bowls sharing with the wife, but I inhaled most of it, while she only a bit each time. I was freaking. I was having crazy deja vu trips, I kept asking my wife if I had asked her the same question over and over. I didn't feel stoned, I felt locked inside my mind. Very hard to explain almost like a movie effect where you see someone and the background would move back and not them. I was panicking, luckily I had my wife there to help me.. I honestly thought I was going to die. My heart was going what felt like 200 bpm.. I've done Ecstasy and loved it, but I don't think I'll trust weed again.

Trust weed - it's your friend if not abused!! <3

I would also add drinking a large glass of orange juice really helps if you find yourself a lil overpowered, should bring you up a fair bit.

has anyone had a seriously hallucination from smoking pot? i would love to have one but dont think i can on pot alone. any tips?

ermmmm... not like OEVs - CEV's and shifts in my peripheral vision yeah...oh and auditory hallucinations.

Just today I had some faint CEVs. It was pretty cool; for a moment I saw a giant eye looking at the Earth from space...

I also got a sort of spinning wheel of alternating blue and yellow light that encircled the center of my vision.

i smoke everyday me an love it never have i had a panic attack or owt i woluld love to trip abit on it aswell for me the effects ae just a slight relaxation sometimes stuff is funnier not as much now 5yrs down tha line foods better mmmmm love food music an films better on weed music better on x tho obv an smokins mint on x aswell :) i will always argue thats its not addictive physically but is mentally my gf has been smokin with me for years an it has not affected her abililty to eat sleep or think even her memory seems to of stayed fine she doesnt see it the same way i do where as im at the stage where i think i need it she no's she doesnt need it doesnt need to buy it an just basically doesnt need it where as i prefer doing everything after a j its all in ya head i believe when the day comes that i dont want to smoke it i believe il be able to stop i have heard there some slight side effects weird dreams restless sleep and such but what goes up must come down an after 5yrs im pretty up lol

I had trippy crazy weed affects for my first 20 times prolly but i would never suggest someone who regularly trips off weed to take acid or shrooms. Especialy acid. Acid has always given me way mor visuals and body high then shrooms. Shrooms have more of a mindfuck but thats it and ive had my mind completely in circles from acid as well. I know acids weak these days but if you get even one or two really good(150mcg) hits ur in for a shock. I guees diffrent ppl react diffrently but acids just long and very intense

Even though you say you wouldn't suggest it, this sounds like a raving endorsement of hallucinogens.

As for your title question, though, I don't have a definitive answer, only advice: if you enjoy your cannabis experiences, don't worry about it. The drug is psychedelic in nature and known to invoke hallucinatory responses in certain individuals. If you don't enjoy cannabis, however, stop using. Again, the drug is psychedelic in nature and known to cause hallucinations in sensitive people, so there's not much you can do to avoid your particular response to a drug doing what it's meant to do other than not ingesting the drug.

Granted, you didn't ask a question in the post..... but I figured you were just trying your damndest to elaborate on the question posed in your thread title.

u probably shouldnt do it if this happens from low amounts. i can usually have about half an eigth of mids or 0.25-0.5 a gram of good stuff and still just act sober. my eyes may give it away to some extent but it mostly just looks like i have allergies. its only if i INGEST around half a gram of good stuff or a half eigth of mids or more that i start feeling like im tripping out. crazy shit can happen like the "mind fuck" you talk about which is probably fairly normal if you have a lot but off of 2 hits isnt unless its a huge bong or hookah or something. i hate to say it but i suggest you lay off it for your own mental health. though im not a user of psychadelics so i cant compare what the mind fuck ur talking about is between the two. by mind fuck u simply mean racing (tripping) thoughts and a general sense of utter confusion right? or is there a different word for that. if that is what u are talking about then it is normal at least for larger amounts

I get auditory 'enhancement' ( Different to hallucinations) from time to time. The only time, to date, that I've had a really interesting surface pattern hallucination was after several bowls of OG Kush. I sat in a friend's car after dark and was staring at a wall. I started seeing images of Hindu deities on it. Fascinating. It didn't stressed me out or anything. The first time I tried L.A. Confidential WAS a major trip. Thumbed through a newspaper, aimlessly and fixated on a picture showing a pair of German Shepherd puppies up for adoption. The photo came to life on the page. I could see them wagging their tails and playfully wrestling each other. I wouldn't call it a true hallucination. It was just my sense of whimsy going at warp speed.

When I smoke whether it be from just a dab pen or a J or bong, I end up tripping and it feels like my last experience with a bad trip/ego death that I went through in October and it is Now march, I'm not sure why I do, but if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Welcome to Bluelight Telapathix :)

You may just be consuming way too much weed? Try to take only a couple hits of a joint or a small bong rip.

Maybe you have a lot of emotions to uncover and it is overwhelming to deal with them all at one time?

It also has to do with your mood. If you are in a good head-space when you smoke, you usually have a good time. And the opposite is true as well.

I have "tripped" off of pot before, once was DRASTIC, possibly one of the trippiest experiences I've ever been through, even more than shrooms or acid. This was when I smoked after not having smoked for a year+. Seriously, I thought my mind was going to explode. No visuals or anything but it was just such an unbelievable headfuck, I can't even explain it.

I don't really like pot as a social thing at all. It's something I would do alone, either to meditate, do some yoga, work out, listen to music, write, that sort of thing. I don't exactly get terrible anxiety being around people anymore but I just find other people's presences takes away from what I find enjoyable about the experience.
I loved smoking and vaping pot both socially, and alone. But I would tend to prefer it alone since that way I can do anything I want to, and listen to any type of music I want to. I never had a bad trip from pot, but there were some awkward social moments where I would space out because I was extremely stoned. I used to love and prefer the high THC Sativas, Indica, and hybrid types. I do not know the strain names except for Afghani, and train wreck. Eating lots of pot was interesting but I made the classic mistake of thinking I had to eat a lot because it was not the best stuff and I had been smoking it regularly. I am glad I was not in public or out with friends the one time I ate it. When I would trip on pot it reminded me or felt exactly like a mild mushroom trip with no or very slight closed eye visuals.