• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Big and Dandy Loperamide Adddiction Thread

I am on day 17 ct off a 2 year 150-200mg day loperamide. How long was it until your malaise lifted? I'm am still fatigued. I will say having detoxes from ultram, fentanyl, and oxy respectively that lope was the worst. Any encouragement would be appreciated. I'm getting discouraged every day the mailaise doesn't lift

I am now at 3 weeks clean of loperamide and any opiate. Energy is slllllooowwwwllyy returning id say I'm at 25% of normal and gain a little more every day. I hope I'm on the downward slide now. My sleep returned 2 nights ago when I started working in the yard during the day and getting exercise instead of laying. Fatigue is stil hanging on by I has decided it's my body's last ditch effort to show me that "I need opiates to function" I am just going to ignore it and tell myself that it will pass eventually. I didn't get myself into this situation over night and I'm not gonna dig out of it overnight either.

25 days clean of lope, ordered some l-tyrosine, adding it to the multivitamin and b complex I take daily to see if it will give a little jump start to natural dopamine production. We will see, holding strong and tired taking it one day at a time

25 days clean of lope, ordered some l-tyrosine, adding it to the multivitamin and b complex I take daily to see if it will give a little jump start to natural dopamine production. We will see, holding strong and tired taking it one day at a time

PAWs you are feeling has nothing to do with dopamine production, and if you eat healthily and exercise you don't really need any tyrosine (every amino acid is l- something/ the levo enantiomer for some weird reason science hasn't figured out).

"Tyrosine, which can also be synthesized in the body from phenylalanine, is found in many high-protein food products such as chicken, turkey, fish, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, peanuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, soy products, lima beans, avocados, and bananas.[4]"

What is more closely tied to serotonin which might be what you needed, is 5-Hydroxytryptophan (remove the hydroxyl and oxygen and you got 5-HT (5-hydroxytryptamine) which is serotonin!)

As to the B complex, if it helps use it. B-vitamin overdose seems unlikely due to the inability for most to absorb readily (I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND COULD NOT EASILY BE 100% or even 50% CORRECT - please double check my statements)

Still can't believe you jumped at 140mg- though it is inspiring; I'm at a measly 30-40mg a day and scared to jump completely from their without tapering further.

If you keep going and a few more weeks and you'll feel 90+%, KEEP GOING! You're doing great!

Lolwhatzdrugs thanks for the support. The lltyrosine didn't do much. If anything at all I am gonna try some 5-http. I am makin myself get up and around trying to eat Better but crave all bad foods right now. Down to 30-40mgs is excellent I couldn't even make it lower than 140mg. Great job!

Lolwhatzdrugs thanks for the support. The lltyrosine didn't do much. If anything at all I am gonna try some 5-http. I am makin myself get up and around trying to eat Better but crave all bad foods right now. Down to 30-40mgs is excellent I couldn't even make it lower than 140mg. Great job!

Hah thank you.

When I first started with lope I was downing a bottle of 72 (144 mg total) to maintain in between times of having actual opioid pharms. I have no more access to them, and realized long ago that that was way too much. I believe I popped 20mg this morning and 20mg last night - though I feel like I really could use another 20mg right now.

Just start low with the 5htp, it can induce nausea if you take too much or sleepiness, it can be some odd stuff. Made me had super lucid dreams!

Lolwhatzdrugs I took just one of the 5-htp, tried to get some valerian root but my wife vetoed that she is a hospitalist and said that if you take antidepressants valerian root can cause undesired side effects. When you jump I will say make sure to drink I was so lethargic I didn't drink and got crazy dehydrated which made things worse. I found boost was the only "food" I could stomach too. Good luck

Valerian root has no significant interaction with common ads. Fwiw I quit opiates using lope easiest WD ever.tapered over a month or two relapsed and tapered again no paws

Worked like a charm of course speed and benzos helped but I got off opiates really easy last time. Keep up the good work tho week clean here

Lolwhatzdrugs I took just one of the 5-htp, tried to get some valerian root but my wife vetoed that she is a hospitalist and said that if you take antidepressants valerian root can cause undesired side effects. When you jump I will say make sure to drink I was so lethargic I didn't drink and got crazy dehydrated which made things worse. I found boost was the only "food" I could stomach too. Good luck

Sounds like you're doing good.

Valerian root is mainly a gabageric as far as I know which will have far milder action than benzos, more like kava kava, both mild gabagerics. It's interacion with ADs is limited ^like said above, as far as I'm aware.

Double check but it should be alright, they put it in "Sleepy Time Extra Strength" herbal tea so it can't be that crazy of interaction.

Keep on truckin' buddy!

Over a month now clean, things are way better. Can't tell if it is the 5-htp I started a week ago or just it's just time to feel better. Thanks lolwhatzdrugs for the advice on the 5-htp. How's your progress?

Wow, Mc83! Just reading back over the last few posts you've made and felt the need to simply say 'well done!'.

Lope is an awful thing to become dependent on, and the WDs can be brutal. You have some serious will power there to go a month after dosing such large amounts of lope and other opioids. I guess your "rock bottom" incident helped you along, but in the end it was you who saw the whole ordeal through.

At a month, you can well and truly say that while some symptoms may linger on, you have seen the worst of it through and you should be proud. I hope your wife appreciates the effort you've made, too - regardless of whatever happened before, the fact remains you've gone through a personal hell and shown the ultimate commitment to the wellbeing of your family and self. You have done the hard yards and can righteously look forward to a better quality of life ahead.

I agree. A month clean from lope after such high doses is no joke of willpower on your part. I slipped up and was offered .2g of h while at friends, and amount that a month ago I could barely feel. Man I got fucked up, but now I just feel a bit guilty. But It's alright. I didn't really know which direction I was progressing in, but actually those two points getting me high as hell made me feel better about getting off loperamide. I really need to right down exactly how much I take, I believe I took 32mg 2 hrs earlier and somewhere between 30-40 yesterday.

My goal is to eventually taper to 0, and wait long enough that this one and only one roxi 15mg will get me high. I'd say that would be about 2-3 months of being clean, or at least at 1-2mg on lope/day.

I'm not as worried about tapering faster, but I need to write down my dosages so I can measure a direction at least. Gonna start an excel sheet now :)

My stomach was all jacked up, so I got out of bed, and I feel better. It may have been from skipping a lope dose, but without writing it down I wouldn't know.

My mother has suffered from IBS for a lot of her adult life. She always has had loperamide on hand. It's funny though, in her older years, she claims her IBS has basically disappeared. What I don't think she realizes is that it was the constant loperamide use mimicking her IBS symptoms (when she didn't take it.) She stopped usage, withdrawaled (and didn't even realize it) and her IBS "cured" itself. She was a poop medicine junkie and didn't even know it. :)

I tried writing down my loperamide dose but honestly i kept track by shaking the 200 count bottle and knew went through 1 bottle every 2 days and sometimes would go through a bottle in a day. I never could taper it was always all or nothing for me. I am impressed lolwhatzdrugs that you can taper you have more willpower than i do. Dont feel bad about your slip up I had a little slip up at about 3 weeks. I had severe lower right quadrant pain and vomiting so assuming it was an appendicitis from the years of lope dependance i went to my wifes hospital and had the er check me out. I was given an IV and in comes the nurse with 50mcg of fentanyl and some zofran. I objected a little bit but relented. another 50mcgs iv later and a ct with contrast showed that i didnt have an appendicitis just colitis. feeling a little like i over reacted I went home ripped up the rx for norco i was given and noticed the next 2 days a slight worsening of restlessness and other things. after 3 days things got back to how they were. I assume fentanyl being the same drug class as loperamide was the cause? So we decided that in the future i would just list fentanyl as one of my allergies.

No, just fentanyl being an opioid was the cause. If you listed fentanyl as an allergy they'd just have given you morphine.

Wonder if the colitis has anything to do with the cessation of loperamide?

I don't know I have that will power, I've been guessing my Dosage. Now I'll know exactly.

Date5/6/2014
Time3008001806
MG321010
Total For Day52mg

Handy excel spreadsheet I just made up, now I can see I can graph my usage over time, and get some semblance of if I'm actually meeting my goal of tapering, as well as track my actual daily doses.

I was kind of wondering if the lope had something to do with the colitis. I still haven't gotten over the diarrhea from the withdrawal maybe the colitis is extending that? I felt like a baby for going to the er until my wife told me that she has people end up on her service because they demanded to be admitted for pain control for colitis.mine was nowhere near that bad . The excel spreadsheet is a great idea wish I would have thought of it. I slept last night with no sleeping pills of any kind. It was broken sleep but I did sleep all night. I keep meaning to write down my timeline of symptoms for anyone else who is searching for info on loperamide withdrawal. There is not an abundance of info on the matter

We'll they're loosely written here.

That's good progress. And it'll just get better with time.

Lolwhatzdrugs- How is the taper going? Just checking in to see how your progress is going

Lolwhatzdrugs- How is the taper going? Just checking in to see how your progress is going

I've certainly taken less daily then when I started making the spreadsheet, I haven't gotten anywhere near 40 a day, I believe I took about 55mg yesterday and haven't taken any today so far. I still don't see a light at the end of the tunnel quite yet, but I feel I will soon. Thanks for asking :) What I'm really most proud of is that it's been about three weeks since I bought a pack of cigarettes.