• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Big and Dandy Loperamide Adddiction Thread

hey guys just thought i'd check in and let you know how im doing. i was finally able to get off lope using kratom. i know that it sounds like simple substitution however it is working for me. i am now 4 days off kratom and i feel a shitload better than i would have at this point off lope. i had even gotten down to 1mg per day of lope and i still couldnt stop taking it. the kratom withdrawals were much easier for me to manage for some reason. i wish everyone else success.

Hi everyone, since my last post, I had decreased to 64mg 2x a day but I got really sick last week and I'm not sure why, it was not wd. I had a high fever, and since then my anxiety level has been insanely high about my health. I have decided to quit cold turkey from this point. I have a decent supply of xanax and I'm going to the Dr on Monday to try and get some Clonidine. I'll report back and let you all know what effect Loperamide has had on my health. I've been using it in high doses for almost 2 yrs. The taper kept getting set back due to my ever increasing illnesses, so I don't think I would've gotten anywhere with that any way. Be careful with this stuff, guys. Avoiding withdrawal is not worth destroying your health.

started opiates in 2001 from 1 vidodin a day to about 300 mg Demerol every 3 hours iv in 2 months. forced quit x5 years following. mild withdrawal. Soon as able, started with couple vics quickly increased to 25 mg morphine iv every couple hours a few months. no more access...few weeks later oxys, hydro, whatever pills only till introduced to methadone (2006). eventually on 160mg daily (intended but I'd take my 2 week supply in about 8 days or less (80mg every 3 hrs with about 7 Benadryl to enhance the high) n withdrawal every other week till I had people lock it up n administer to me the last year uhtill about 2012 feb when I cold turkeyd the shit. (after doing the 2 week supply in a week again). I suffered tremendous withdrawal a couple weeks I started drinking a lot. I ended up non sleeping for a second for a month. I tried immodium. I slept. I got up to 350 mg daily. didn't crosss my mind I'd experience withdrawal like I did. I tried to qaruit due to lack of money and it was damn close to methadone withdrawal (after a year at that dose. I went about 2 weeks with maybe one or two 150 mg doses in that period for a fuckin break from it all. unbearable chills, suicidal, depression, anxiety, breathlessness, insomnia, rls, hot feet, cold hot pins n eedles fatigue can't even stand up, can't eat, vomiting, diarrh. ea, etc etc never got any better...got job, another year but at about 250 mg a day. also, started bendadry, increased that to about 7 pills every 4 hours too for bout a year (after steady increase). one night went around the block with suspended license, had warrant for prior failure to appear (never been to jail), but I got a 16 day sentence. imagine the panick that set in. so I finally told about while I was in there. told him to trash all the shit Ia had left. jail wasn't the best place to wd but I told myself this would not be for nothing. im done. so I suffered my ass off. went to er once in there had some morphine for about a 30 minute relief. but it overall wasn't as bad as the first time but still hell I was able to sleep at least a few hours a day most days as opposed to none a year ago. so I got early release day 11. tried sum pot that nite, helped a bit, but next day found a shitload and dosed that day, next day, and next day. tossed the rest. only took 150mg each of the 3 days. now its 7 days later so 3 weeks minus the 3 days. im guessing those 3 days prolong this shit about a week or longer but is there any end in sight? I drank all day yesterday for a break. slept quite a bit last night. stopped diarrhea with iron pills (anemic anyway).. its the mental part im worried so much about. so depressed. need a job. faked it through an interview Friday, but how the hell do you work in this state. I can't wait to be finally free of all opiates after 8 years straight of methadone/lope. BTW I did have that long QT syndrome. as a nurse I can tell you you can drop dead with that at any time. I didn't know about it till researching last week that It was the cause. will I ever feel like my old self ( the last time was that 5 year period ending 2006).

does nicotine make withdrawal worse? caffeine? im staying away from Benadryl period too. even if it would help insomnia.

So, I've been using opiates for about six years now, first hydrocodone, then opana, then pst, and for the past few months I've found myself juggling a pst/lope dependency which really sucks. I got off the pst by taking a lot of loperamide about 80 mgs a day to curb pst wds and to help with my stomach. My question is, when I was addicted to opana I used bupe to skip over the four to five day wds, with the pst I used lope, but the lope is kicking my ass since I've stopped. I cold turkeyd the lope since tapering was no use, and I am currently on day five of lope wds, although on day three I had a single dose of pst because the wds were quite uncomfortable... That being said, my question is did taking the pst kick me back to day one wds or did I simply "skip" a day out of the projected ten day lope withdrawal? Whatever light you could shed on the subject would be appreciated, thank you!

Well on lope again, ran out of kratom dont have $$$ until Friday so 3 days of pain. Been on this vicious cycle for 3 years 80mg oxy per day at first with hydros too, then 400mg morphine daily for 2 months then the methadone clinic at 50 mg daily for 4 months, found kratom it worked, ran out tried lope at 24 mg and it seemed to help some with withdrawals, got more kratom, ran out, same vicious cycle. I know im a wimp, only have 2 more days until I can get more kratom, but w/d for the 15th time makes me cry like a baby, I should just stop now and get clean, but I feel better on opies or anything that resembles it. I am such an addict. I feel for everyone on here, Ive been there way to many times and here I am again. I am wondering if adding 60mg dxm into my lope intake of 24mg daily will help any? and is it safe, not taking any antidepressants or anything other than motrin and lope. Thank you for any help

I wouldnt think a dose of pst would set you back to day one.Did you get high or buzzed from it? My problem with that would be since i would be used to the body high of lope, a head high from pst would make my mental cravings worse and would want to go out and score more. How many grams of poppy seeds did you use? I was only able to get PST to work twice for me out of about 10 times of trying source for those is most important. Where did you get yours from? I know sourcing isnt allowed but were they grocery store?I was able to cop about 8 hydros yesterday and hope to make those last until thursday when my kratom arrives. Does anyone else here prefer kratom over hydrocodone? I take a 10 hyrdro and dont even feel it. I take 8-10 grams bali reg leaf and feel great. Is it just the full sprectrum of alkaloids in kratom that make it so nice? The hydros are good for keeping me "normal" for a couple of days but not feel "good". My lope intake 2 days ago was 30mg took away some of the rls and anxiety. Lope is definitely good for getting through those rough days. I know I should taper my kratom this time and get off this cycle but I feel so much more like myself on opiate like stuff I dont know if I can or want too, sick cycle isnt it?

Poppys: In my experience with other opiates, you won't have set yourself back very far if you relapse in the middle of your kick. I once relapsed on day 4 of kicking H and when withdrawal resumed it was milder and eased up in a few days. I actually think the relapse made the rest of the withdrawal easier. I don't know if this rule applies to Lope/ PST but I sure hope for your sake that it does.

As an update on my last post, I was panicking when I wrote it, so it's a bit too dramatic. I am still tapering after attempting to CT, I didn't last long because I kept having panic attacks.

I saw my PCP Monday and told her about my Lope use, she prescribed Clonidine which unfortunately made me break out in a rash so I'm afraid to take it again. I've been using Xanax for about 2 weeks and I'm afraid of getting addicted to that too but it's the only thing that really helps. Anxiety and insomnia are the worst wd symptoms for me. I'm supposed to see my Dr again in 2 weeks and I'm sorta hoping she will prescribe some benzos since I'm allergic to this fucking Clonidine. It might be trading one habit for another but I can't see a benzo habit being worse than this for my overall health.

Hey all,

Ive been taking lope for about 2 months now, steadily taking about 96-180 mg doses.. I tried to stop the other day and didnt dose for 3 days and had terrible RLS, sweating, chills, anxiety, the regular withdrawal symptoms.. I personally think that the RLS is BY FAR the WORST symptom. I couldnt bear it any more and decided that i need to look at other options; like tapering off.. I took 80mg today, and am going to reduce my dose by 10 mg every 36 hours. So far im still experiencing the symptoms but they are bearable, i was actually able to get some sleep last night and not kick and jerk my legs or wake up soaking with sweat. Tho that 'feeling' is still there..

Anyway, my point is that if anyone is struggling with this then i highly suggest tapering off, but not too slow of a taper in my opinion becuase im just ready to be done with it all and not have to suffer with it any longer. So after my extensive reasearch im confident that this tapering method will work somewhat well. And worst case if it doesnt, im just gonna have to white-knuckle it and endure it and keep myself occupied, exercising constantly, and keeping my mind off of it till the really uncomfortable symptoms subside.. If anyone is still following this thread i will keep you posted..

Z-man

I dont know if anyone is still following this thread but i just wanted to post my experience with loperamide;

I started experimenting with lope a couple of months ago, taking about 80-180 mg at a time consistenly for that time.. I made the mistake of not researching to see if there were any withdrawals associated with lope.. Tho sure enough after experiencing withdrawal symptoms i knew i had to get off the stuff.. I am now on day 2 of withdrawals, THIS IS NO JOKE; severe RLS, insomnia, runny nose and yawning, chills, sweating.. I think i am hitting the worst of it right now or so i hope. But im commited to not starting the cycle over as it is just another addiction. Almost as bad as heavy methadone withdrawal.. Anyway.
"this too shall pass"

I have never posted but figured I would leave some helping words for any of you out there that are "lope sick" I originally started experimenting with ultram when I was 16 I bounced around from ultram to fentanyl to oxy back to ultram then percs then back to ultram. I quit once or twice for month here and there but was never really "clean". When I was 27 I hurt my back at work and had to have surgery. Now I had a medical reason to ask for my doc (ultram) and I hit it hard, taking 60 50mg ultram a day at the peak of my habit. Long story short my wife discovered how much I was taking and told me I had to quit ct or get out. It was my wake up call having my pregnant wife sobbing asking me why I needed to get high "wasn't our life together enough" she would ask. It was my rock bottom. So I quit, after all those years on narcs my stomach was a mess. So I started taking Imodium more and more until I realized one day that I was 2 months clean of ultram and said to myself let's stop the Imodium and see how my stomach was doing. Well I noticed I had some minor was symptoms so I went back on the Imodium. Over the next 1.5 years I took more and more Imodium until I was up to nearly 200 pills (400mg) daily in 2 doses. Well it was tanking my testosterone level so my wife (who is a hospitalist) told me that the only thing that I was taking that could effect testosterone levels was the Imodium. So we decidedly would stop it. I did a fast taper from 200 pills a down to 70 pills a day in 2 weeks and then made the jump. I wasn't expecting anything other than minor physical symptoms. (My wife tried to tell me that it would be a bad withdrawl) I dint believe her, well it was horrid. The first 24-36 hours after last dose were not bad just tired, then around 36 hours shit got real! Not just RLS but restless entire body. Chills, runny nose, then the vomiting started, I heaved so hard that I got a gushing nose bleed. I got zero sleep that night ( night 2) day three was the hardest. I was so lethargic that even talking took so much effort I didn't want to talk. A strange symptom I had that I have never had was on days. 3-5 I had this overpowering stench in my nose, the smell is hard to describe, the closest way I can describe it is a mixture of like putrid meat and intense mold. I couldn't smell or taste anything but that smell until day 5. It wore off thankfully. I had to start drinking ensure cause I couldn't bring myself to eat. Got dehydrated and wife gave me an iv of fluids to help. The peak for me was day 3 then everyday was a little better. I still have the insomnia and I am on day 12 post loperamide. Even taking 100mg trazodone ony
gave me 1 hour of sleep. I am still very tired but to be honest I Cant tell of it's from the withdrawl still or because I caught influenza from my wife. Hang in there everyone, if I can do it so cAn you!!! Just be strong. There were no cravings for me, during the entire wd process I had a half bottle (200 ct) sitting in the cabinet and was never tempted to take them. There doesn't seem to be a psychological element , to me it seemed all physical in nature....

keep up the good work!

That's just crazy to me. Do people take Imodium to get high? As bad as methadone withdrawal? That's tough. Especially if you just stop at 100mgs. Those are some intense withdrawals. I've been hooked physically on oxycontin, heroin, dillaudid, suboxone, and 180mgs of methadone. Shouldn't they have a warning on the box? I mean if you're not a drug addict & you happen to take it all the time(if u have IBS or something) then you just stop & have awful withdrawals that's crazy!

I was able to do a drastic reduction of loperamide.. Take note I was addicted to opiates/opioids for 4 years I am now 62+ days clean and feeling great no opioids of any kind.... I was able to reduce my doses by 25-50% every day until I took none.. I started with about 30mg of lope to curb all wds than reduced over 10 days or less to nothing.. I am able to give better details upon request for anyone seriously looking to no longer be a slave to the poppy and use loperamide as an arsenal in their wd toolkit..

Stay safe, stay informed.

I'm curious if anyone experienced the overpowering putrid smell that I did ?

I'm curious if anyone experienced the overpowering putrid smell that I did ?

I experienced a similar smell once, but it wasn't during any acute w/d, though it was a period when I had taken no opioids for a week or two. A rarer occurrence these days if you include loperamide. It started mid-day and lasted until I woke up the next day. I couldn't put my finger on a smell, but it was terrible, and overpowering.

i found this thread by searching for more information on using loperamide to help this grrl i know with withdrawal from smoking large amounts of fentanyl and taking the occasional percocet, uhhh just to preface said grrl weened very hard/fast for 4-5 days and it really sucked..going from 2-3 100 mcg patches to 1 25mcg a day..then nothing. ANYWAYS, grrl i know took 70mg of lopermide and it helped with rls and restlessness(most annoying symptoms for said grrl). so basically if you're having a really hard time try it, it might help. it might not, at the very worst it might control cramping and bathroom troubles for a while......

(by the way said grrrl does in no way intend to use loperamide longer than 5-6 days, smoking fent is way too fun to give up permanently. so i hear)

Here I am over 2 weeks free of loperamide and all opiates. Day 16 exactly. I am still having trouble with my legs, still fatigued and knees hurt. Legs feel like jelly. Does anyone know whn this will go away? Last night I got 9 hours of sleep without taking trazodone and only woke up 3 times. Rls is almost gone just want energy back. Anyone who has done this and can let me know how much longer I have to wait would be appreciated

Here I am over 2 weeks free of loperamide and all opiates. Day 16 exactly. I am still having trouble with my legs, still fatigued and knees hurt. Legs feel like jelly. Does anyone know whn this will go away? Last night I got 9 hours of sleep without taking trazodone and only woke up 3 times. Rls is almost gone just want energy back. Anyone who has done this and can let me know how much longer I have to wait would be appreciated

Entirely dependant on dosage and length of use, pretty unique to the person. But long half life drugs seem to cause longer acute w/d but less severe.

The real answer is you've made it 16 days, and you're probably more than halfway through with the worst symptoms - I hope.

Thanks , I used for 2 years and worked my way up to 200mg daily. Did a fast taper over a week to 140mg and jumped . I'm hoping it's almost over. Thankfully I have zero cravings like I had for other opiates in past bouts f withdrawl