• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Big and Dandy Loperamide Adddiction Thread

Thx man I appreciate your concern ....so you know what it's like dude I mean I did 2 in a half days 2 days ago with nothing then like at 5am I couldn't bear it I just needed some sleep so I took only 70 to rest and only that so far over the course of 3 full days as of now so yea I think the best thing for me since my dosage is so high is to taper the only thing is I work in a pharmacy so the last thing I want is to be feeling/looking like that u know? But if I had the chance and time I would certainly cold turkey the only reason why I didn't this time is because I here the physical withdrawals last about 7-10 days and if I continued on the cold turkey regimen I would only have 5 days until I go back to work its like all the hard work would have been for nothing then I go back to work same ol shit u know? Thighs like this you really need to plan ahead for and be 100% ready for.

HHave you had a check up at all lately. I'm curious what kinda side effects high high doses of lope could do to someone who has taken them for years.

Wow..OP, just..wow....as i just succeeded in making oxyneo work as ir (if i had anything higher than 40 i wouldnt bother doing that but thats what happens) and I gotta say i'm so high right now it's probably why this post is hilarious. You are addicted to the lowest of the low crutch out there buddy, its used by people who are not on too high doses of their DOC to warrant methadone or subs and it will make the following hardest days (day 3-7 to me) a bit easier to endure. As for myself I find clonidine + hydroxyzine is better than loperamide. For science's sake please stop people this is getting so ridiculous.

I am now down to 4 pills/8mg of Lope every other day, and feeling pretty good. I hope to be off completely, or at least down to 1 pill by the end of next week. I'm also working Baclofen into my regimen, which is helping tremendously for relaxation and sleep. I would definitely suggest this to anyone in WD - either Baclofen or Gabapentin (also known as Neurontin). I took the Gabapentin during Suboxone WD (I've been on the Norco/Sub/Norco/Sub merry-go-round quite a few times now) and it masked virtually 100% of my symptoms.

A word of advice: USE CAUTION when taking Baclofen or Gabapentin. If you plan on taking it for a while, taper down your dosage, and don't go cold turkey. Despite what people say, THERE ARE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS with these drugs if you don't titrate your dosage properly. That being said, when used properly they are incredibly effective, and upon quitting you'll display no WD symptoms. Feel free to PM me regarding how I used these drugs in my personal detox process.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Niko

I agree it is ridiculous because originally I started using this to get off of my DOC three years ago but wound up trading one addiction for the other but to he quite honest with you guys I recently had a doctor visit took a blood test checked my bowels everything because my doctor happens to be a certified gastro doc as well as a primary care. All results came back good nothing wrong the only thing I can mention since I've been taking this for 3 years at this dose is that I gained weight like 20 lbs which is a lot for me because I'm not tall by any means but it's not like if u saw me you would be like oh look at fatty get some mud flaps for that ass it's just that if you knew me before you could tell I gained a bit. So overall nothing wrong with my health I go to the bathroom regularly once in awhile I take a stool softener if its been days but overall ok. So when I decide to go cold turkey from this ill be posting as much as I can which will be soon I'm just trying to straighten things out with my job first so I can dedicate my full attention to this thing I went three days without anything so I know I can do this yea it's very uncomfortable but to be honest when I did that I knew I had 70 loperamide left over somewhere in the house so my addict brain sniffed it out and found it.......with anyone, if your deciding to quit the cold turkey route make sure you don't have anything left over because knowing that you do makes the process a lot harder and it's torturing. So when I do this in the coming of days ill make sure my house is completely free of this shit. Thanks for listening guys and thanks for the posts everyone out there who has this problem or any drug problem at that my prayers go out to you guys FREEDOM is possible.

you should cut up those sentences a bit, it's very hard to read; use the enter key now and then...

ya? ;)

you need to get that dose down man, use whatever you can to get your loperamide dose to minimum. i was on suboxone for 3 years+ along with another 5+ of other drugs. i used 24mg of loperamide during the peak, then tapered down 4mg a day, then skip days with 2mg and off. you should try and get on suboxone for a few weeks just to get that tolerance down so youre not popping so many of those man.

Yea thanks man I know but I think I'm just going to cold turkey from it I don't want to prolong this problem I've had for three years

I've done 3 days might as well do the full five I know I can do it....it's just going to be tough and painful but I have clonidine and Valium and vitamin supplements so it may not be as bad as has been in the past.

I took suboxone for a year on and off never everyday for my heroin habit three years ago I just don't want to trade another addiction for another I think it would be best just to quit everything let my body heal let my mind heal and start treating my body better

i'd try getting some dypenoxylate from the doc.

Doesnt last nearly as long as Immodium, and provides gentle relief from WD symptoms. I once took 30 immodium and did not shit for 3 days.
With dyphen you can shit the next morning, and it just doesnt feel as "dirty" in my opion as the lope feel.

Loperamide gets me high in high doses as well(24-60mg).
I don't know why people are still refusing to believe this.
In the research about lope it even says that a small amount does pass the blood brain barrier.
This stuff has been so strong for me at times that the body high was freaky and so persistent that I was just waiting and waiting the 24 hours it takes for this stuff to wear off.
The high from lope feels unique though, physically it feels the same(pin-point pupils,fatigue,itching,tingling) Loperamide completely works with or without pgp inhibitors. It ONLY lacks euphoria. Which does not mean it doesn't feel good.

Yes it's very real with higher dosages and for some people the inhibitors are not needed. I have tried black pepper tonic water with quinine and yes it does potentiate the lope but most of the time I just dose without it.

The withdrawals are very real too and drawn out like the OP said you sometimes just sit there waiting for the lope to leave your body. It's because the half life of the drug is 10-15 hours, which also means the withdrawals will be longer as well.

I plan on going cold turkey as soon as my vitamins come in. Ill be posting as much as I can while doing so.

Hate to bump a old thread but damn this seems like the place for lope addiction support. it aint no joke.
Im currently on about 140-150 mg somtimes more of lope a day. so heres a story for all of us who feel there is no hope.
So the story goes i got a butt load of morphine discovered plugging morphine goes a long way so i stretched out the morphine daily abuse for a week or so.
the next day damn i was seriously dope sick i had to work and i thought i could use Kratom to get through the withdrawal,
but that didnt work..at all. at that point i wasn't a lope believer for withdrawal but after the first 60 mg i was home free.

So 2 months later i was still on the lope i was on about 100-140 mg. so i didn't dose on Friday and withdrawal d through the weekend.
it sucked but i was just depressed and i couldnt move without serious motivation. but day three hit and i HAD to do some stupid around the house work.
so despite not wanting to i ate a bottle of Lope and i was off it was awesome. but i thought i was going to have to start over with the
withdrawal but for some reason the next day i got on a kratom regiment and i was OK i was in disbelief and that lasted for 2 weeks.
Then i got some pod tea and now im on lope YET AGAIN.
So the point is it can be done. and the story above i was on 400mg of tramadol during the withdrawal and it didnt do shit.
currently im in the same boat as i was last time ive tried several times to CT off The lope.
but this week i only did 60mg on tuesday and then like 300mg thursday night friday morning todays saturday and i feel fine
im not going to dose untill monday if im withdrawaling and just taper down and try my damndist to make it through this because its ruining my
life seriously im so depressed im a hobbit and im pissed at myself for letting this stupid ass drug take over my life i will not fail even if it
takes months i will get off the lope. best of luck to those in the same boat.

Honestly, this is really real....I've posted on similar threads on this and the only reason why I'm able to write to you guys now is because the pain is really real and I just took some lope about 2 hours ago.

I've been trying to cold turkey withdrawal from a 288 mg habit of lope every other day which is when I dose. That's a 144 pills cuz they are 2mg each. At day 3 around 5oclock today I said enough is enough I really couldn't do this cold turkey with such a large/ high habit. I had my gf pick some up and agreed to taper which I should of done originally.

Anyone in my situation or similar could shed some light on how this taper should go would be greatly appreciated I know the half life of this drug is long so I know if I did this cold turkey I'd be in pain for awhile if anyone else has done done this cold turkey from such large doses how long does the physical symptoms last?

Any help would be appreciated and I pray for everyone in these shitty situations

Thx for stating something as obvious as that but unfortunately it's not that easy specter. Suboxone is not a choice I'm willing to take, tapering would be the best option.

I just would be trading one addiction for another and I really don't want to do that. All I'm asking is what would be the best tapering route how many should I cut off at what rate?

Has anyone else done this? I've read a few people who has.

I am a hardcore heroin / opiate addict. For the past few months I have been taking about 400 mg of loperamide daily. Which is roughly 200 pills a day. My friends think I am absolutely insane for doing this, but I can't help it. Whenever I go 48 hours without loperamide, I experience pretty rough withdrawals. The worst case is I get insanely weak. The withdrawals remind me of the methadone withdrawal I experienced in my addiction after 8 months of daily methadone dosing. I thought I was the only one who knew about loperamide being an opiate. I take 200 pills because first of all I have a tolerance to opiates and second of all because you have to overload the BBB for loperamide to have any effects.

You know what op?

I don't think it was the diarreahh medicine that gave you the strength and motivation to make it through withdrawal. I think it was inside you all along......just like all that rock-hard shit that's probably pressing on a nerve in your colon causing you to feel "high" from taking loperamide.
\
Next time try for some lomotil from the doctor, you can shit the next morning, just like short-acting opiates. On loperamide at doses that high you shouldn't shit for 3 fucking days mygodman.

I still have bowel movements every couple days, surprisingly enough. I look at it the same way as if I were to be on a methadone maintenance plan.

I really want to learn more about loperamide. I feel that the government allowed an opioid to be OTC because it is a small dosage per pill. When I swallow 200 pills a day of loperamide, I don't look at it like as a really bad choice. I look at it is I have to take large amounts because each pill is only 2 mg. But, I wonder if anyone has ever died from loperamide addiction. I am just fascinated to see that I am not the only person into it. I live in a sober house and my other sober roommates think I am insane.