• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Hunkering down for Opana withdrawal

i have been iv'ing the opana IRS 10mg about 4 to 6 times daily for the last 2 months, i just ran out of them last night and started subs today but they dont seem to be helping much i still have really bad anxiety, i also have been trying to smoke pot but not working that well, i cant imagne how bad it would be without the subs are opana worse then oxy and herion cuz i feel like it is? any ideas or opinions i need help?

How many Mgs of subs you take???

It takes a couple days for the subs to work 100% and your body to ajust to them.

Always remember Loperamide is always available if you can't get anything better, I've been amazed at how much of the withdrawal it can take away. however the amount I have to take to get rid of wd costs about as much as other good drugs that you can buy on the street, such as subs or benzos, or more opiates if you're not trying to quit.

Still, it's always there.

Help.

Swim has had an opiate addiction for about 4 years now. Swim began Opana about 1 month ago. Only getting to snorting about 30 mg a day it has began to become too expensive to continue without thoroughly f.ing up life financially. The question is off of just 30 mgs of Opana ER a day for about 1 month how long will the withdrawal symptoms last and should swim be able to do this cold turkey without too many problems. Thank you so much in advance for any replys.

Swim has had an opiate addiction for about 4 years now. Swim began Opana about 1 month ago. Only getting to snorting about 30 mg a day it has began to become too expensive to continue without thoroughly f.ing up life financially. The question is off of just 30 mgs of Opana ER a day for about 1 month how long will the withdrawal symptoms last and should swim be able to do this cold turkey without too many problems. Thank you so much in advance for any replys.

I'm in almost the exact same situation except I wasn't addicted to opiates 4 years prior. I took vikes for a while. It has been a month, snorting around 20-25mg a day. Day two into withdrawal and it has been the hardest thing I've had to do. I don't know what to do with myself. Hysterically crying about every thought. I remember what vicodin withdrawal was like. This is ten times worse. You really have to prep yourself up for this.

So... here's my story and could really use some advice! I was a hospice RN for 30 years. I was exposed to a lot of toxins and poisens that have ruined my liver. During the last 2 yrs, I have had major back surgery, that failed and hip surgery. I desperately need more back surgery and am mostly in bed or a wheelchair, but due to the liver issues, they are making me wait to fix the back. In the mean time, my Pain MD has me on Opana 80mg bid and opana 10ir. Thats a lot of drugs! I as so concerned about addiction. Now, I'm in this spot where I went to fill my med box and found that I was low...on opana! I should have had 30 tabs left. I did not count them when I bought them, and I keep my meds locked. So, now I have only enough to take 40mg daily till next week when I see the doctor. I have terrible pain!!! However, I'm scared that I may go through wd. I have ativan to take, but I slept terribly last night. And there is so much going on wrong with the liver (testing and stuff) that I'm a nervous wreck!!
Do you think I should call the pharmacy and ask them if they gave me the correct amount?
and after reading all the stuff here... do you think I should get on a different opiate?? HELP!!!!!!!! Debbie

Seriously, and I hope this helps. Sounds like a lot of suffering going on. The "easy way" out of Opana (in my experience, and done many times) if you can pull it off is two lortab 10 or hydro equivalent every 4-6 hrs for three days then switch it over to tramadol, two times 50 mg every 4-6 hr. Really not bad at all and I find very little real discomfort. If you can't swing the lortab then tramadol is available online if you search out a good US pharm. 3-4 tramadol every 4 hours for the week is something anyone should be able to manage without going into the big panic when coming of opana. You'll prob need to stay around the house or the bed though. As I'm sure everyone knows tramadol won't get you high in the least but it bonds with the opiate receptors and "tricks" your brain into thinking your getting something and does normal you out quite a bit. I say this because i would have saved myself many months maybe years of misery in trying to kick a big time hydrocodone habit several years ago if i'd just known how well it works with hydro. It's not near as effective with Opana but it still knocks the very worst of the suffering off. Just relax and know that the Tram alone will keep you from ever reaching the pits of hell. You may not feel like a million bucks but should be doable for most. Bottom line, I find Opana can inlict as much pain on the back end than it helps up front. For those of you that live in pain Opana can be so amazing and appealing to get back on but the price you end up paying... Best stay away next time. Good luck all.

I'm currently withdrawing from Opana. I went from 40 erx2 + 10erx5 a day down to 1--10er every 24 hours over about 2 weeks. Now I stopped altogether, and the fun is beginning. I know it will be 4 or 5 days, and I'm ready. My question is what are the benchmarks? I had the lead feet really tired thing, followed by the sweating and chills thing, the runs thing just started. It seems to be comming on in waves with feeling pretty normal in between for about 2-3 hours. I'm on hour 28 right now and feel pretty good. It doesn't seem as bad as oxycontin somehow. Is the really bad stuff yet to come, or will it just be more of this?

The unknown seems to scare me more than what's happening. Any advice would help.

I have been on Opana 30mg exstended release. For 3 yrs. N my Dr. Would refill my meds n I have never abused or ran out early. But for 3 yrs. N they basically told me. To go to emergency rm. But it will be 6 days today. I have the troots, I did sweat last nite badley. And I am not hungry but forcing myself to eat fruits. N I have missed a lot of work. N I may get in trouble. So far its been hard. Shakes, shiverring, no sleep. Only 6 hrs of sleep in 4 days. I am short on breatheing. And my chest and heart beat rapidly and I have horrible anxiety. But I will not take zanex or nothing else. But hang in there. Cause I am trying too. I am doing it cold turkey. And the one thing I really wish is that I actually loked up the withdrawls n how hard this is n I would have never let them put me on this high of a dose.. good luck

I would say Oxymorphone withdrawal isn't too bad to deal with. It's a very powerful onset of symptoms. That last right at 4 days typically. My advice would be to stay away from buprenorphine if at all possible because it is much harder to kick than the full agonist.