• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Hunkering down for Opana withdrawal

diskman123

Greenlighter
I'm currently withdrawing from Opana. I went from 40 erx2 + 10erx5 a day down to 1--10er every 24 hours over about 2 weeks. Now I stopped altogether, and the fun is beginning. I know it will be 4 or 5 days, and I'm ready. My question is what are the benchmarks? I had the lead feet really tired thing, followed by the sweating and chills thing, the runs thing just started. It seems to be comming on in waves with feeling pretty normal in between for about 2-3 hours. I'm on hour 28 right now and feel pretty good. It doesn't seem as bad as oxycontin somehow. Is the really bad stuff yet to come, or will it just be more of this?

The unknown seems to scare me more than what's happening. Any advice would help.

Welcome to Bluelight diskman123 :)

I'm going to move this to The Dark Side sub-forum where people there is support on issues with drugs or life getting problematic. Later I'm going to search for threads related to Opana withdrawal and post links for you.

Support----------------------------------------------->TDS

It's not going to be easy I'll tell you that, especially from opana because it's so strong. I'd just find something to help me sleep it out that wont potentially be addicting... maybe seroquel will work good if you can find some. Good luck.

-dp

I went through Opana Withdrawl.. I don't want to scare you or anything. But it was the most physical/mentally punishment I've ever endured. It last bout 3 days. First day being the most intense and painful. Sleep will be impossible that night. The next day is a little better, but still tough. Try and have some Soup and Ginger Ale, drink/eat SLOWLY. Your stomach will be pretty beat up, so take it easy. While benzos do help, you run a risk of becoming dependent on them at such a vulnerable time. You're get progessively better as the days ago on.

I recently quit doing oxy- albeit from a much milder habit. First thing is that you're doing the right thing by getting off that shit. That party wasn't going anywhere but to a really bad bad bad place. So keep that in mind. Second- you did the right thing by tapering down. You've made things a little easier on yourself already. Be prepared for a few days of classic withdrawal symptoms like you mentioned. Sleep will be elusive for awhile and it will fuck with your head. Also, depression and anxiety will set in. If you can get through the first 5 or so days- things will get slowly better. Remember- the depression is bad b/c of the withdrawal. It will distort your view of reality. Keep that in mind. Things are not as bad as they seem. All your problems will be magnified- just remember that. Put off any important decisions for awhile until you get back on an even keel.

Don't worry, I mean every body is diffrent, but for me it didn't get much worse than that. My symptoms stayed that way for about 48. I did it to try to lower my tolerence witch worked. Just remember that that one opana 10mg er is equal to 20mg of oxycontin. When I was tapered off oxycontin my doc had me on 20mg oc bid x 1 week, then 10mg oc x 1 week, then 10 mg oc q daily x 1 week. I had zero wd symptoms excluding anxiety then. Hopefully it works for you this time, but if you can't go through w/ it try tapering down to 5mg opana first bid x 1 week, then q daily x 1 week. But try not to go back now, hour 28 is pretty good my friend your probably about half way until you start feeling a little human again. Clonazapam, or xanax would be really helpful in your situation right now.

What is or the difference?

What is morphone? What is the difference between morphine?

You should go get some Loperamide. It is an OTC med (Immodium) and you can buy it at any grocery or drug store. It'll help your w/d symptoms a lot. Other than that there's not a lot you can do except wait it out. Some people recommend benzos to help symptoms, others do not because they feel that using a benzo would trigger a person to start using opiates again, which would be counter productive to the whole stopping thing ;)

first of all, congrats homie!

Ive been through both opana wd's and oxy wd's. I can honestly say, much like swerlz, that the opana wd's were the worst thing Ive ever been through. Now, with that said, I also found it to be much shorter in duration than oxy wds. Physical symptoms started to abate after the 3rd day. I'd get some loperamide (as mentioned above) and if you can, some benzos. Xanax was the only thing that gave me relief and allowed me to sleep a bit. Also, if the RLS gets real bad, a nice, hot shower can give some temp relief. If you feel up for it, go walk around the block every now and again.

Again man, congrats on getting off that shit. I'm new to the boards but I feel confident saying we are here for you.

opana withdraws

I have been taking opana for along time now, months...I was taking at least 1 40 or sometimes more a day for at least 3-4 months. Also I was snorting them. I am now off them for 2 days and the withdraws are almost unbearable. Sever pain all over, very restless and anxious, sick feeling in my stomach, diareah, and I feel very weak. Not to mention I feel like I am losing my mind! The depression is very bad indeed.... This is the worst ordeal I could possibly imagine. I actually felt like shooting myself to make it go away...I have tryed valuim, kolonopin naproxen for relief of pain but nothing really seems to work. Should i try a higher dose of valium? or kolonopin? I am currenty taking 3, 2mg valiums a day and 2-4 mg of kolonopin a day. I do have access to seroquil and I noticed someone said it may help. What should I do? Can anyone reccomend a dose of valium, kolonipin or seroquil???? Or mabey any other suggestions???? Please someone give me some advice here... And how long are these damn withdraws supposed to last?????

Last edited:
^ Be very very careful with how wild you get with the benzos. Let me tell you whatever you gotta do to get through the opiate withdraws is one thing and you should go for it, but if you get addicted to the benzos as well then you will be playing a very different ballgame and suffering 100x worse. You should try kava or some people say kratom or weed may work. Lower doses of benzos for a few weeks wont hurt also ultram or very little suboxone. Good luck yo be careful with the benzos.

^ Be very very careful with how wild you get with the benzos. Let me tell you whatever you gotta do to get through the opiate withdraws is one thing and you should go for it, but if you get addicted to the benzos as well then you will be playing a very different ballgame and suffering 100x worse. You should try kava or some people say kratom or weed may work. Lower doses of benzos for a few weeks wont hurt also ultram or very little suboxone. Good luck yo be careful with the benzos.

thank your for a quick response. I know the benzos can be bad to withdraw from as well, but not like the opana. that shit is evil!!! I dont do weed anymore it just makes thing worse for me. I fella bit better with the benzos. kolonopin and valium. But not a whole lot on the low dose i am taking. like i said i do have access to seroquil as well. I am trying to work with what i got here. Would the seroquil be a bad idea on top of kolonopin and valuim? And if i do continue to take them, how much should I take to be comfortable in my own skin??? without overdoing it.
thanks, Shane

Low dose klonopin(.5-1mg) or valium(5mg-15mg) throughout the day with about 50-100mgs of seroquil at night time. Only use the benzos for a month at the most and then take a break so you dont get addicted to those as well. The seroquil arent that addicting but taking too much at one time can lead to some very bad things dont take more than 200mgs. You'll be fine relax and have some fun wd doesnt have to be all bad.

I have used ketamine to ease my transitions from opana back to suboxone when my opana tolerance was quite high. I basically average 1 gram of K per day for about 4 days and it really does help me ease back to suboxone, even though I enter in at the "ceiling" dose of 32mgs...

Ketamine stimulates the sigma opioid receptor site- I am guessing a close neighbor to our favorite mu site.

I have been taking opana for along time now, months...I was taking at least 1 40 or sometimes more a day for at least 3-4 months. Also I was snorting them. I am now off them for 2 days and the withdraws are almost unbearable. Sever pain all over, very restless and anxious, sick feeling in my stomach, diareah, and I feel very weak. Not to mention I feel like I am losing my mind! The depression is very bad indeed.... This is the worst ordeal I could possibly imagine. I actually felt like shooting myself to make it go away...I have tryed valuim, kolonopin naproxen for relief of pain but nothing really seems to work. Should i try a higher dose of valium? or kolonopin? I am currenty taking 3, 2mg valiums a day and 2-4 mg of kolonopin a day. I do have access to seroquil and I noticed someone said it may help. What should I do? Can anyone reccomend a dose of valium, kolonipin or seroquil???? Or mabey any other suggestions???? Please someone give me some advice here... And how long are these damn withdraws supposed to last?????

you need to take atleast 30 of the 2mg valiums if you want to get any relief.

and atleast 5-7mg's of kolonopin mixed with it, dont do this for more than 3-5 days though, but by then the worst should be over.

Oh and if you can, try and score about 15 2mg xanax bars, those are a bit better than valium and kolonopin for opiate W/D's.

Last edited:
30 of the 2mg valiums?? come on... I only use the Vs to sleep. They don't provide me with any other type of relief. Honestly, after WDing a trillion times, I think the best thing to do is just not even think about it. The benchmarks will be meaningless once you feel physically well.

Just tough it out man. I am going to a detox center tomorrow,so I am there with you bra ;)

agreed

you need to take atleast 30 of the 2mg valiums if you want to get any relief.

and atleast 5-7mg's of kolonopin mixed with it, dont do this for more than 3-5 days though, but by then the worst should be over.

Oh and if you can, try and score about 15 2mg xanax bars, those are a bit better than valium and kolonopin for opiate W/D's.

2mg valium don't do a whole lot but i was scared of overdosing.
Thanks for the reply!
Shane