• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall and Circulation (Blue Hands)

10C

Bluelighter
Today I had my biggest Adderall so far that I've been using. I didn't use any at all last week. Today I take 3, 20mg Instant Release each. I took two at 6AM, and the third one at 10AM. After the one I took at 10AM about kicked in, my hands got cold, along with being clue, it was weird. It was hot were I was, and my hands were blue, like they had no circulation.

I know I took too big of a dose, but can anyone explain why this happend to me any better?

Its called palor and its a side effect of amphetamine intoxication. The coldness and palor has to do with your body acting like its going into hypothermia from all the dopamine being released (this is the theory anyway). So your body slows blood flow to the outer extremities to preserve your vital organs as it prepares for hypothermic shock.

As a side note, if your finger tips ever start turning a weird color like blue or purple you should probably call 911 because your hearts about to stop working.

Thank you.

Holy shit, that kinda makes me re-think my Adderall use. Im usually a careful person but taking 60mg of Adderall was a dumbass idea. Thank god I feel fine now and I'm noticing nothing wrong with me.

How long do you think till I can use again? Im just wondering...because this was seriously too big of a scare, Im considering not doing Amphetamines ever again.

Last edited:
While pallor is a side effect of high dose or chronic amphetamine use, the blue skin is cyanosis. Cyanosis is caused by there being more than 5g/dl deoxygenated hemoglobin in blood vessels near the skin's surface. The vasoconstrictive properties of stimulants, such as Adderall, can lead to poor circulation and thus causing cyanosis. This is the reason your hands turned blue, not because of pallor. Pallor causes paleness or pastiness.

Decide for yourself, it should only take 4 hours to come down. 60mg isnt an incredibly high dose but its at that level where i personally after years of experience with dex would say "there isnt a point in me taking anymore".

Coming down doesnt mean you're going to be able to sleep anytime soon but thats a different story.

While pallor is a side effect of high dose or chronic amphetamine use, the blue skin is cyanosis. Cyanosis is caused by there being more than 5g/dl deoxygenated hemoglobin in blood vessels near the skin's surface. The vasoconstrictive properties of stimulants, such as Adderall, can lead to poor circulation and thus causing cyanosis. This is the reason your hands turned blue, not because of pallor. Pallor causes paleness or pastiness.

Its basically a problem caused by the same thing, a slowing of circulation because of dopamines constrictive properties. Both are actually caused by different issues with hemoglobin.

Last edited:
60mg is my regular starting dose, then i usually take more later on, so i don't think you did anything too extreme. especially since it didn't take me long to get to that level of a starting dose.

Ok, so @ PharmTech09, thank you for clearing that up. I just remembered that my friend said my lips were blue after taking the third Adderall. Now Im wondering, is there any danger to having Cyanosis...after ingesting Amphetamines. I definetely wont get a lot of sleep tonight, maybe fall asleep at 3AM or 4AM and have to get up at 6AM. Usually with 40mg I cannot fall asleep till 2-3AM.

Now what I'm wondering, is there much risk of taking 20mg tomorrow? I don't think there is...but I'm not the best at these things. I will most likely take one tomorrow then another on Friday because of more tests.

As long as you space it out a bit you will be ok. If you present with signs of cyanosis though, you should not take any more. If you're talking about taking it tomorrow afternoon, then you should be fine.

Yes. I am planning on taking at around 1PM. I will take 20mg (1 pill).

As for the tip of fingers turning purple/blue, is that really a sign that my heart COULD stop?

Yes. I am planning on taking at around 1PM. I will take 20mg (1 pill).

As for the tip of fingers turning purple/blue, is that really a sign that my heart COULD stop?

Yes, that means you're not getting enough oxygen. Your finger tips and lips turn blue...i mean really blue not just a little. When i said your hearts going to stop, i meant if you saw this in conjunction with using stimulants because you're probably having a heart attack if your oxygen saturation is that low and you're high.

If you ever go into an ER they always take your temperature, take your BP and check your oxygen saturation levels by putting a little clip onto a finger.

Last edited:
Cyanosis CAN be a sign of heart problems. Strong stimulants put a heavy load on your heart and can cause you to have high blood pressure or in some individuals it can cause a myocardial infarction or a stroke.

If your hands are still blue you should avoid taking more obviously. When i used meth i found my hands and feet would get cold easily due to the reduction of blood flow to extremities but yours seems to be a extreme case.

Do you have any amphetamine tolerance? If you do then this is probably something you should worry about.

Becoming tolerant to any drug is something to worry about. Tolerant or not tolerant, the same degree of worry should apply. Its not normal for humans to have blue hands.

I dont think that I have that big of a tolerance to Amphetamines.

In all the past times I've used I break one of the pills into two, snort one of the halves (10 mg) then pop the other half (10mg). Then later on during the day I would pop the second one, and this would. usually occur around 4 hours after taking the first one. So I seriously just had a really big dose, without that big of a tolerance because I dont use often.

So Im thinking, If I just do what I've done in the past, it should be fine, because I've never gotten Cyanosis from amphetamines.

Last edited:
Idk why but same happens to me. Later in the night when i cant sleep in freezing, feet wrapped in blankets, still cold. Hands as well.

Last night, well more like early morning my hands were not blue but cold. Today I did not take any Adderall and my hands were fine and I felt fine, Im not gonna use till Friday.

I did have some slighty weird things happen last night as I lay in bed. Shadows in my room would seem to alter or move, which kinda freaked me out but it wasn't anything serious like hallucinations or audible hallucinations.

Idk why but same happens to me. Later in the night when i cant sleep in freezing, feet wrapped in blankets, still cold. Hands as well.
Do your hands turn blue or just get cold? And how big of a dose do you take?

My hands didnt get blue, but they were defiantly pale, like some yellowish white..

I had snorted two 20's at like.. 10am? Close to there.

As far as the hallucinations, its probably from sleep deprivation. Your eyes tend to play tricks on you without much sleep. Especial shadows/dark figures in the corner of your eyes seeming to move away when you look..
Happens to me atleast o_O

I've never had blue hands or the like but I know what you mean. As said above adderall, like most amphetamines, is a vasoconstrictor. (I first learned this after snorting some ritalin going to pee and realizing I had a very tiny penis.) Anyways as said above watch your dosage, you know your body best, space it out. And never hesitate to call 911 doctor/patient confidentiality was made for that kind of thing.

I did have some slighty weird things happen last night as I lay in bed. Shadows in my room would seem to alter or move, which kinda freaked me out but it wasn't anything serious like hallucinations or audible hallucinations.

Ahhhh the shadow people, those things strike fear in the heart of all good speed freaks. The longer you're awake and the longer you go without eating the more pronounced the shadow hallucinations become. Varying degrees of stimulant psychosis seems to create this hallucination and its almost always unified that people see shadow people.

I dont think its ever been studied exactly why the hallucination is shadowy people but it would be interesting to find out why its such a universal thing.

Ahhhh the shadow people, those things strike fear in the heart of all good speed freaks. The longer you're awake and the longer you go without eating the more pronounced the shadow hallucinations become. Varying degrees of stimulant psychosis seems to create this hallucination and its almost always unified that people see shadow people.

I dont think its ever been studied exactly why the hallucination is shadowy people but it would be interesting to find out why its such a universal thing.
It scared the crap out of me the first couple of times I saw shadows move last night! At 4AM last night I had been awake 22 hours and without much food. I did not take any Adderall today, and I felt pretty depressed today, stuff I do for enjoyment didn't bring so much joy...Thanks to the depletion of dopamine from yesterday.