E depression

SYTHE

Bluelighter
O.K,
I think I over did it! Last night I dropped 5 pills of E and the night before I did 3...When I woke up today I was fine but a few hours later I got really depressed...It really sucks, usually I have control of this stuff. To make matters worse, my girlfriend is 3,000 miles away and I wont see her for two months.
Anyway, is therre any cure for this crappy feeling???

First off... not to be parenting you or anything but 8 pills in two days is a little excessive for anyone! But to help you with your E-pression go to a local GNC / Vitamin world and pick up some H-5TP take like two or three a day for the first few days after you roll... I believe it balances out your Ceratonin level... It's real inexpensive and works wonders... good luck with your G/F.
PLUR
EddiE
------------------
"ya got the househeads, breakbeat junkies, drum and base purists, hardhouse people and all the ravers across america."

i know what you mean about the depression. i introduced my girlfriend to e 3 days ago. she loved it while she was on it, but she said that she didn't know if the depression that followed the day after was worth the feeling of the roll. she has almost convinced herself of not rolling for supa phat hong kong in nola next weekend.

sleep builds up your serotonin levels too.
caffeine helps me but that might be all in my head.

*begone!!*

aren't i powerful
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by brand-x (edited 30 January 2000).]

just for a little refresher here's some info:
mdma (what you want to get when you buy "ecstasy") stimulates a massive release of serotonin in the brain. now serotonin is a neurotransmitter, which just means that it is a chemical that sends signals in your brain. serotonin is implicated in many brain functions including sleep, mood, appetite, tolerance to pain, etc... while it is a gross oversimplification i will go ahead and say that serotonin is the "happy chemical" in your brain. this is why you get that happy, empathetic, top-of-the-world high from mdma.
unfortunately, for every high there must also be a low. mdma is so good at getting your brain to use its serotonin that within 4-6 hours most of the serotonin in your brain has been "used up". while you can always take more pills at this point you will not get the same type of high since, without any/much serotonin left, you're mostly just stimulating the release of dopamine and norepinephrine (mostly responsible for the "speedy" feeling). that is why extra pills taken at the end of the night give you a different, less empathetic, more speedy kind of buzz.
so, after 4-6 hours whether you take more pills or not you're faced with a wait. what kind of wait?? well, you have to wait for your brain to make more serotonin (so you can go out and use it up again
wink.gif
). now this process can take a while. unlike dopamine, which can be replenished relatively rapidly, serotonin takes a long time to build back up, especially if you use it all up. the whole process can take about two weeks, but most people start to feel better within the next day or two. that's because the sleep you get and the food you eat (as well as the supplements like 5-htp) are what the brain uses to make more serotonin.
so, taking less pills helps.
taking 5-htp helps.
sleeping and eating right both help.
i hope this helps
smile.gif

by the way, for all this info plus images and waaay better writing go to www.harmreduction.net/dancesafe check out the slideshow
smile.gif

------------------
"You're all blue! YOU'RE ALL BLUE!!"

Thank all,
Day three seems to be going a little better, though I'm still a bit cloudy-headed and dizzy at times. I've been sleepin well and eating good and will try the 5-htp.
Late
J-