• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Adderall lead to hard drugs

Dog_of_WAR2000

Bluelighter
Im pretty limited in my knowledge of hard drugs because i really have no experience with them except for doing coke, ex and herion once, and ive never touched them again. but you know how people say weed is a gateway drug, my question is does adderall lead to use of harder drugs (i.e. coke, meth, heroin, ect) please no insulting responses i just want to know your personal opinions

I don't think adderall leads to hard drugs any more than weed does. People just start out with what is easiest to get. Just because someone has done adderall and then goes on to do other drugs does not mean that adderall is a "gateway drug." I know that at least in my case, of course I started out with easy things to get like weed, adderall, vics, etc. I would have jumped right to Heroin if I could have. Although, then again, that probably isn't the case with most people who are generally freaked out by it at first.

IMO adderall is a hard drug.. well sorta.

Anyways, I don't think the drug itself has to do with the gateway theory but has more to do with the social drug scene and the eventual relaxation of preconceived opinions on how bad [insert drug] really is.

Adderall is every bit as "hard" (and harmful) as coke and meth and Heroin. Stop kidding yourself.

word well you know im just trying to get a good disscussion going and get some opions i know adderall has amphetamine but its not as bad as meth or coke or heroin IMO keep responding im likin the opinions

Adderall is every bit as "hard" (and harmful) as coke and meth and Heroin. Stop kidding yourself.
When younger Id laugh at such a statement.. Now a days i wouldnt laugh but i am largely skeptical of that statement from 1st hand experience. Last i checked Amphetamine maintained no physical withdrawal. Wiki states
Withdrawal effects

Withdrawal from chronic recreational use of amphetamines can include anxiety, depression, agitation, fatigue, excessive sleeping, increased appetite, psychosis and suicidal thoughts
wiki
Hitler i believe had a "doctor" follow him around IVing that nisch.

Anydrug can lead to another, but don't get it twisted even though it's a prescribed medication amphetamine's are about as hard as they come.

Dude read my original fucking post just a conversation and getting some fucking opinions you ass fuck you

adderall and other ADD medications are the "hardest" drugs i've tried and i'm planning to keep it that way. so to answer your question from my point of view is no.

i think of "hard drugs" as drugs that primarily effect your emotions and physical feelings (in other words, your mood), whereas "soft drugs" more effect your perception of reality. therefore, "hard drugs" are stimulants, opiates, benzos, and the like. "soft drugs" would include everything else that's psychoactive.

i think that the reason people say marijuana is a gateway drug is that usually weed is the first drug that someone tries. Since alcohol and caffeine are downers and uppers respectively and marijuana is somewhat psychedelic, once you get high for the first time it opens a door; you can off baseline in a whole new beautiful reality and not be specifically up or down. also they call it a gateway drug because people who sell marijuana usually are poly-drug users/dealers so it gives you an opportunity to buy other things.

with adderall though it really depends on if you have a prescription for it, or you are buying it from others.
if you have a script then (atleast for me) it made me not want to do other drugs because i was already on something (esp cocaine. its just nowhere near euphoric when your on adderall...) imho.
if you are buying it from others then what i said first would really apply and it may become a gateway drug for you.

As stated numerous times, it depends. Some people try something weak and want something more potent, some are happy with whatever is weak. Amphetamines are hard in my opinion, whether prescribed or not. Dexamphetamine usage as a medicine is contraindicated with substance abuse, meaning it shouldn't be prescribed to someone who has abused substances in the past or is likely to.

(That said: I love dex, and *puts in mouth(really)* I think I shall have one now :D )

Adderall is a hard drug. It has all the same potential issues as methamphetamine. It's silly to differentiate between Adderall and meth. It's like differentiating between morphine and heroin.

It depends on your perspective. Any drug COULD lead to hard drugs, and no drug definately will unless it already is a hard drug and then it has really led you there so much as you are there.

Some people would consider adderall a hard drug because it is an amphetamine, I don't see it as an overly hard drug because it isn't a street drug AND because of the way it comes it can't be used in the 2 most addictive ways to take amphets ie. smoking and shooting (ofcourse if you want to be stupid and inject pills it can be slammed).

There are obviously going to be speed freaks out there who started out abusing adderal, but there are also plenty of people who used it for study and/or recreation through highschool or college that never move on to harder amphetamines or drugs in general and don't develop a drug problem.

IMO people have sugar coated Adderall, they view it as a "study drug" ,which it can be, and not an amphetamine. Amphetamines are the hardest substances out their IMO. But I don't feel it is going to lead you to other drugs, I think you lead you to other drugs. If a person is trying hard, ie physically addicting drugs, it is not because of a previous drug they took it is because they are curious about it, at least when they are first starting to use. If you subscribe to the gateway drug theory then you should look at the true gateway drugs, alcohol, nicotine and caffeine. Of course this is just my opinion.