• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Adderall lead to hard drugs

Adderal doesnt lead to hard drugs, milk does, as more milk drinkers do hard drugs then adderal users. When u understand my post you will have your answer.

Adderall (amphetamine) doesn't lead to hard drugs b/c adderall is a hard drug to begin with. I'm not saying it's a "bad" drug btw, just hard.

Adderall is so yummyyy i cantttt resisttt omggggzz

also: (on a more serious note)
1.) Adderall has a high potential for abuse, addiction (meh, idk bout that IME), and dependency.
2.) Adderall has a high potential for truly benefiting the lives of people with AD[H]D or narcolepsy.

amphetamines (especially dexedrine and moreso methamphetamine) have a very high dependancy potential and are highly addictive, in my experience.
They fit the same 'hard drug' definition that Alcohol, Cocaine, and Opioids do.

Im pretty limited in my knowledge of hard drugs because i really have no experience with them except for doing coke, ex and herion once, and ive never touched them again. but you know how people say weed is a gateway drug, my question is does adderall lead to use of harder drugs (i.e. coke, meth, heroin, ect) please no insulting responses i just want to know your personal opinions

im not TrYING to insult u

but

ur asking does adderall lead to hard druggs, as u just mentioned uve dun heroin, coke and extacy, probably the hardest drugs out there besides ur missing meth

yeah i dont take that as an insult very well put but that was after i had done adderall and shit like that i was wondering if someone who started out doing adderall and had never done any other drug will lead to coke use ect

I agree that adderall is a hard drug. It can induce terrible addiction and withdrawal even though it is not physically addictive. But cocaine and methamphetamine are not physically addictive either, what does it matter. I dont know that it leads to hard drugs, although probably a lot more than weed does, but if you don't want to do hard drugs don't do amphetamine.

i didnt read all the posts but i went from hard drugs (heroin, crack) to now adderall and thank god for suboxone ive been clean from H for over a year. anyway im a bit worried cuz i know that feeling of being addicted all to well and now its my prescribed adderall im up to 90mgs a day prescribed mind you. and i still wanna go over the 90 everyday i gotta tell myself no cuz i dont think the doc will increase it anymore so if i run out im fucked for a lack of a better word. and my heart sometimes feels sore. yknow like after a blast of rock . not fun

I took Adderall and Ritalin as a child and in my teens. They were some of the first drugs I abused along with pot and alcohol as a youngster. We used to crush them up and snort them all the time. I ended up becoming a user of hard drugs when I became older. But I wouldn't blame it on my AdHd medication though. I like using opiates the most anyways :D

I've used Adderall a number of times now, and I've also used, Alcohol, Pot, and Xanax. So I gotta say that Adderall is the 'hardest' drug I've tried since it alters me so much when I'm on it. Plus it really is just Amphetamines and Dex and similar stuff, doesn't matter if its 'made professionally", its still a hard drug.

I've smoked pot, but dont find myself saying "I really want some pot right now", and same with the other stuff I've tried, except Adderall I've said a few times "Damn it would be nice to have a pill or two right now to wake me up and get me going the rest of the day".

I don't the drug alone leads to other drug, but the people that use it. Some poeple will find Adderall does not give them enough of a high so they need stuff like Meth or Cocaine. I dont see myself going past Adderall, because quite frankly I dont have the money or will power to go and use even harder drugs. I use them recreationally, not an addiction.

Ethanol is a hard drug but it doesnt make me want to go and shoot heroin. This whole division of chemicals into soft/hard/erectile dysfunction is a silly notion.

What substantiates something being hard? Danger? Risk of physical or mental damage? If so than alcohol is by far the most dangerous, violent, neurotoxic chemical man has ever consumed. Its destroyed more lives in human history than hiroshima, nagasaki and the bombing of dresden combined. Its the ultimate "gateway drug" if you want to put things into terms like that.

Or we can just view drugs in an objective way and say that amphetamine is dangerous to the uninitiated. It can induce psychosis either through classic stimulant psychosis or from triggering pre-existing mental health issues in an individual. It can induce mania in individuals predisposed to it . Its a danger to those with pre-existing heart conditions and defects. But in an average, healtyh individual its not going to be worse for you than much more socially accepted substances. Tylenol probably kills five times the amount of people yearly in the US than oral amphetamine.

Its much easier to state facts and then allow individuals to draw conclusions rather than to answer a loaded question about gateway drug bullshit.

Last edited:
Its nigh impossible to get a desoxyn script these days. Most of the people still getting it have been since the 70s or are narcolepsy patients. Very rarely does a new user pop up on addforums.com.

ahaha, popping adderall is becoming just about is socially acceptable as drinking beer. people see d-methamphetamine as death itself, but d-amphetamine hardly even qualifies as a drug.

the title of this thread is almost worth mentioning out loud to my roommates.

Dog, what do you care if people are assholes on these boards? Are your feelings hurt? It's an online forum, no big deal.

As someone said before; It's all about social stigmas and what we associate as "hard." Someone who does Heroin once in a blue moon, as opposed to someone who does it every day. I think that's how you classify it as being hard.

Adderall is a "hard" drug in the sense that it's an amphetamine, which are clearly more harsh on your body than benzos, opiates, weed, etc. BUT, I would much rather take a clean form of "speed" than something off of the streets. Add to the fact, that I'm taking a significant lower dosage, it's clean, and I'm doing it in moderation. Adderall all of a sudden doesn't look so "hard" any more.

It's just social stigma. If you treat your body right and do a drug in moderation, it's not hard at all.

yeah man im not hurt man im just chiilin i do alot of adderall and i like it, i do like coke and xanax alot more and i do them occasionally like you said in modernation man. youre chill man i like your imputs on this shit yeah man learning through trial and error