Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Green Dragon" Drink

perthboy

Bluelighter
For those that don't know what this is, it is basically a method of extracting the fun stuff out of weed to make a super potent drink where all you need is a couple of drops to get pretty high.

I tried making some a while back, however I don't believe it worked out too well in the end, however I wouldn't mind making some more.

Has anyone got some tips so I can do it properly the next time around?

What was the method you used? Cannabinoids aren't very water soluble, so I imagine any extraction would need to use alcohol or another solvent.

It was months ago now, but my friend's method involved drying out the weed first, then grinding it up and mixing it with a high alcohol content spirit...which happened to be that green fairy absinthe you find at most bottlos.

Apparently 2 drops of this stuff should be mindblowing...but after trying it I felt somewhat relaxed if anything.

^ Well whether it is mindblowing or not depends on the concentration, i.e. an estimate of cannabinoid content and the amount of solvent used.

You can use the stalks of the plant to do this.

Stockpile all of the stalks you find over a year or whatever..buy some vodka, place all stalks inside and place in a dark place for 2 weeks or so, filter and voila..THC vodka.

The most important part for good Green Dragon is patience, needs to soak for at least a week. Give the bottle a bit of a shake everyday. Personally I don't like weed anyway except smoked/vaporised. Oral cannabis is too sedating for me and lasts too long (tho as a liquid is won't last as long).

maybe the time is where we went wrong...we did it in an afternoon.
would a stick in say a bottle of vodka left for a week or 2 leave me with a reasonably strong drink?

You want more than a stick and why waste decent bud which is perfectly good for smoking when you can recycle stem, kiff or leaf?

I don't smoke weed ever unless I'm on acid.
Its not really my thing, and I thought I'd try out some green dragon again.

google "cannabis tincture" and you should find a few recipes

Spirytus, which you can pick up in Melbourne Dan Murphy's, is about as close to the U.S. 'Everclear' you can get, and will serve you better than Vodka.

If desperation hits, go the Absolut 100 (50% ABV).

If this works then it must be because the cannabinoids bond to the alcohol which helps them get past the blood brain barrier right? In a similar way that they are changed when cooked in oils to make butter, cookies, puff pastry? I hate THC myself, the only worse thing being THC and alcohol. But if this does work then be carefull, when you're smoking you will become incapacitated before being able to overdose, though I suspect you would have to use a lot of weed to make this strong, if it is strong then you will be able to consume a lethal dose before greening out and not being able to take any more, because its effects wont be as instantainious.

You can use the stalks of the plant to do this.

Stockpile all of the stalks you find over a year or whatever..buy some vodka, place all stalks inside and place in a dark place for 2 weeks or so, filter and voila..THC vodka.

There is very little if any THC in stalks. Why? Simply because THC is not produced and transported internally. It is produced via glandular trichomes on the the flowers and the bracteal tissues on the smaller leaves of the plant. Some is produced in the larger leaves, but very little in comparison. Smaller stalk surfaces may contain some, but very little THC is found there.

i have a question can choof be pressed into a tab how cool would that be drop a tab and full body stoned for 4 hours
be better for your lungs too

You can make cannabutter fairly easily and then be fucked off a big teaspoonful for 4 - 6 hours ;)

I have had a 6ft xmas tree of a plant and it ended up being hermie ..

I tried doing the quick iso wash method ... got a ball of resin big bigger than a marble ..

it was shit .....

you have to use the trim off the buds or actual buds to get some nice honey oil or resin ...

using just leaf and stem is pointless ...

green dragon I thought of trying but again you need thc glands on the leaf or use bud to make it worth while for a good buzz ..

there is a way of converting cbd to thc using a sulphuric acid during extraction but never tried ..

thc is formed from cbd by acids in the plant when flowering ..

is this also called hash oil ? that u smoke spots of on a hot element or a knife ?

phase hoping you can help me with this one. i am concerned about the decarboxylation of THCA. apparently the raw plant material should be heated to remove the carboxyl group.

i do realise thc acid is active but its more of a mild analgesic and for my means less usefull.

the weed i used was pretty dry and i am hoping this is sufficient since i have already made the mixture. used about 4 gram of bud with 30ml of 80 percent homebrew. shook every day for a week and a 60 degree water bath on 7th day. so hoping my concerns are nonsense