• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Blonde

Bluelighter
Fry-d- said:
Mean Girl said:

The eating Nurofen thread has died a slow death and is banished to the archive forever. All the valuable information from that thread can be condensed down into the one post above by Mean Girl.

For those who like to read the old thread can be found here:

eating Nurofen

The previous codeine extraction thread can be found here.

And here is the CWE FAQ & Mega Thread from OD.

Enjoy! :D

Nice work Mr Blonde.

Pretty much EVERYTHING you might wish to know about taking codeine recreationally has already been discussed ad nauseum in the above threads so please UTFSE before posting any questions in this thread :)

Maybe keep the discussion Australia-centric too? I guess general questions are better suited to the OD Mega Thread?

^ It should be added that some of that information is outdated. Specifically I am referring to splitting Nurofen Plus pills - the ibuprofen has been distributed through the pill for several years now and splitting the pills for the codeine isn't possible any more. Just wanted to get that clear from the outset, so anyone who is too lazy to read through the other stuff doesn't try splitting the pills and ODing :)

At the end of the last thread there was some discussion regarding plugging codeine. So the solution is absorbed into the blood vessels then is transported to your liver where the metabolism takes place. I guess taking orally pretty much the same thing happens. Why is IV so dangerous then? Is it just that plugging/eating releases the codeine into the blood stream much slower, so the histamine reaction isn't so intense?

Last edited:
iv-ing pure codeine would be ok, i guess its the other non actives which are bad. U can get codeine injections.

Is there anyone that had actually used the CWE and succeded? Did one last night dissolved 18 nurofens in 40 mls of water and the whole lot turned into a paste and stuck to the bottom of the glass cup. Even when i used other types using a coffee filter getting a clear filter didnt feel a thing from it. Used bout 150-200mgs of codeine. I filtered it 3 times. I dont beleive in this tek at all.

^ It definitely does work, there are so many users that have reported successful CWE's. I can think of several reasons why yours might not be working:

1. Enzyme deficiency/low metaboliser - Maybe you can't metabolise the codeine to morphine at all, or are just a poor metaboliser. It's entirely possible that you need more than others to get the same effect, or that you are taking something else that is a CYP2D6 inhibitor that is inhibiting what little metabolising you can do (eg promethazine). The only thing you can do here is to try upping your dosage a little each time, and make sure you don't take any inhibitors - I make sure not to take promethazine until after the codeine hits. Personally I need a ceiling dose to feel anything, and using promethazine before the codeine will stop any effects at all (not dicksizing, just saying I'm a poor metaboliser and you may be the same).

2. Tolerance - you have posted several times in the last week saying you've tried a CWE and it hasn't worked. Tolerance goes up quickly - I need to leave at least 2 weeks between doses, otherwise the effects are greatly reduced. Wait two weeks before trying again. From your recent posts I would suggest this is probably the reason you aren't getting anything. Wait between each dose, slowly upping the dose each time.

3. Technique - The process is very simple and pretty hard to stuff up, but you could be getting it wrong. For a start, you don't need to filter 3 times. Once should do. Coffee filters are good, but a tshirt or similar should also be ok. I reckon most CWE's come out a little cloudy - you don't need to keep filtering to get it clear. There will be some colour from the binders/fillers anyway. Just use something with a tight weave like a tshirt or coffee filters and filter once making sure nothing is getting in the filtrate that hasn't passed through the filter. Also maybe use a little more water if it's too thick. According to the widely available solubility chart, 70ml of water at 21C will only dissolve 1g of paracetamol so using a little more water should be ok. Finally, wet your filter and squeeze out any excess water before filtering - the codeine is dissolved in the solution, so it may be that it's being absorbed into the filter.

CWE does work, it is supported by the science and the anecdotal evidence of many many users. Again, I would think tolerance would be the main reason why you aren't feeling it, particularly if you are taking other opiates.

The safest and best course of action would be to wait at least a week, preferably two weeks, between doses, slowly upping your dose each time. Or if CWE just doesn't work for you, move on. There's no reason to be taking all that paracetamol/ibuprofen for nothing. :)

iv-ing pure codeine would be ok, i guess its the other non actives which are bad. U can get codeine injections.

IV codeine is not ok, it causes a massive histamine reaction and can lead to death from pulmonary oedema (fluid in the lungs). I think the injections are IM or SC.

I was just wondering why this happens for IV but not for oral/plugging, seeing as how the codeine is going into the bloodstream either way. Is it as I suspected, that with IV codeine the dose is so fast that it causes the dangerous side effects, and that with other ROA the slow absorption means the side effects are less?

Sorry for double post :)

Last edited:
^ It definitely does work, there are so many users that have reported successful CWE's. I can think of several reasons why yours might not be working:

1. Enzyme deficiency/low metaboliser - Maybe you can't metabolise the codeine to morphine at all, or are just a poor metaboliser. It's entirely possible that you need more than others to get the same effect, or that you are taking something else that is a CYP2D6 inhibitor that is inhibiting what little metabolising you can do (eg promethazine). The only thing you can do here is to try upping your dosage a little each time, and make sure you don't take any inhibitors - I make sure not to take promethazine until after the codeine hits. Personally I need a ceiling dose to feel anything, and using promethazine before the codeine will stop any effects at all (not dicksizing, just saying I'm a poor metaboliser and you may be the same).

2. Tolerance - you have posted several times in the last week saying you've tried a CWE and it hasn't worked. Tolerance goes up quickly - I need to leave at least 2 weeks between doses, otherwise the effects are greatly reduced. Wait two weeks before trying again. From your recent posts I would suggest this is probably the reason you aren't getting anything. Wait between each dose, slowly upping the dose each time.

3. Technique - The process is very simple and pretty hard to stuff up, but you could be getting it wrong. For a start, you don't need to filter 3 times. Once should do. Coffee filters are good, but a tshirt or similar should also be ok. I reckon most CWE's come out a little cloudy - you don't need to keep filtering to get it clear. There will be some colour from the binders/fillers anyway. Just use something with a tight weave like a tshirt or coffee filters and filter once making sure nothing is getting in the filtrate that hasn't passed through the filter. Also maybe use a little more water if it's too thick. According to the widely available solubility chart, 70ml of water at 21C will only dissolve 1g of paracetamol so using a little more water should be ok. Finally, wet your filter and squeeze out any excess water before filtering - the codeine is dissolved in the solution, so it may be that it's being absorbed into the filter.

CWE does work, it is supported by the science and the anecdotal evidence of many many users. Again, I would think tolerance would be the main reason why you aren't feeling it, particularly if you are taking other opiates.

The safest and best course of action would be to wait at least a week, preferably two weeks, between doses, slowly upping your dose each time. Or if CWE just doesn't work for you, move on. There's no reason to be taking all that paracetamol/ibuprofen for nothing. :)

I tried the CWE many times and when i first started taking them i did a CWE and i felt nothing so i took 5 pills. It was nice and i enjoyed it. All of my extractions failed and didnt have any effects whatsover so tolorence isnt an issue for me.

My procedure:

Put 12 pills in 25ml of normal room temp of destilled water stir until dissolved. Then place in fridge and let it cool down too 5-10 Celcius. While cold i wetted the coffee filter with cold water and placed it in a cup then poured the mixture in. The filtrate come out pretty clear.

Dono what happened but the water didnt have much codeine in it as i felt nothing at all. 5-6 pills oraly gives me a nice feeling usually. Recently been takin it every 3rd day as my relaxing drug and it worked every time lol

tolorence isnt an issue for me.
Recently been takin it every 3rd day as my relaxing drug and it worked every time lol

That seems kind of conflicting to me.

I don't know how much is normally lost in an extraction, I have seen figures ranging from 10-50% but of course these are just conjecture. It's hard to know as you can't get pure codeine tablets to see what a CWE feels like (subjectively) compared to a known dose.

If you're taking 6 Nurofen Plus, that's 76.8mg codeine. So if you aren't getting any crazy reactions then I reckon it would probably be ok to do a higher dose via a CWE. Like I said, take it slow, wait between doses and slowly up it till you get what you want. I don't think there's much more advice I can offer.

I think in the spirit of harm reduction, offering advice on a CWE is much preferable to just taking more tablets, and I say what I have with the reminder that taking anything can be dangerous. If you're determined to use codeine recreationally then hopefully the information can be useful and you won't OD taking lots of pills just for a high. Just trying to cover my arse, that's all :)

Yeah i find that my tolerance doesnt get higher if i wait 3 days at least. I need to keep experimenting and try to get it right cos yeah takin too many pills aint gonna do any good.

Do u know of any good legal drug that is similar to codeine? Something thats good on weekdays to do to relax.

Try using a bit more water. If you're only using 25ml then you'd possibly be ending up with a very pasty solution, which would make it hard for it to drain into and through the filter. Even at 31 degrees C you can use 70ml of water and only end up with a gram of paracetemol, which is no more than swallowing two pills. No sure what the number is for ibuprofen but I can't imagine it's very different.

And yeah only need to filter it once, I use two coffee filters stacked inside eachother just because I had it break when I tried with a single fiilter. And obviously dampen the filters first so the water isn't absorbed into them.

Just a quick note so we are all using the same language here.

SOLUTION - Where the substance in question is dissolved.
SUSPENSION - Where the substance is floating in the solvent/water but is not dissolved.

These are rather important terms to familiarize yourself with if you are talking about CWE.

sustanon dont use nurofen's they dont disolve well at all. they just turn to a shitty glugy paste(as you said) for the best CWE you need a paracetemol/codeine combo.

sustanon dont use nurofen's they dont disolve well at all. they just turn to a shitty glugy paste(as you said) for the best CWE you need a paracetemol/codeine combo.

I used chemists own brand on another cwe. Got a clear filtrate and no effects from one filter. Im sure i didnt have tolorence as 250mg or whatver dose it was didnt effect me and the following days i only took 5-6 pills and was nice.

did u make sure you stirred the pills untill they disolved? Do that and make sure the water is put in the fridge, you can leave it in the freezer and let it almost freeze if you want, that way you won't even need to filter it as u can pour it into another cup and the cluggy stuff will stay at the bottom

i use chemists own brand often and they work everytime, tho i never get a completly clear filtrate. I've used alot of hard opiates and codeine is still a nice high for me, some people don't get much effect from it it seems.

did u make sure you stirred the pills untill they disolved? Do that and make sure the water is put in the fridge, you can leave it in the freezer and let it almost freeze if you want, that way you won't even need to filter it as u can pour it into another cup and the cluggy stuff will stay at the bottom

That's probably not the best idea, much more risky. I would think it would be better to stick to the traditional method of filtering.

^^ yeah for sure that doesnt sound very safe at all, the traditional way is so quick and simple.

The pills dissolved by themselves but yeah i did give it a little gentle stir then placed the chemist own pills/water in the fridge then weted the filter and filtered. Drunk it and no effects from 200mgs. When i take 60-70 mg in pill form its nice. So i donno.

That's probably not the best idea, much more risky. I would think it would be better to stick to the traditional method of filtering.

If you leave it long enough the chunky stuff won't make it to the top of the glass by the time the water is poured out, i noticed that i could put it through a filter and it wouldn't really filter anymore. I get stomach aches of eating say 4 pills however a full packet drank like that doesn't give me any pain so that helps estimate how much ibuforen im actually getting. but yeah it is safer to use a filter.

and Sustanon im not sure why you're not feeling it, did you make sure to leave it long enough? I would say it could be because your body needs to become acustom to it but you say you can eat 5-6 and feel nice of it so im really not sure man :\

Status
Not open for further replies.