Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's odd, all of the posts above you advise to use ipuprofen over APAP

Yes that's correct, it's easier to cause permanent damage from a paracetamol overdose so using codeine+ibuprofen is erring on the side of caution. I think the confusion is that he is recommending you don't use nurofen plus (the brand) as the tablets seem to be particularly firmly pressed and don't break down/dissove easily due to whatever binders are used. The generic brands (chemists own, panafen etc) are cheaper anyway.

If ur popping them like i do (N+) then i think thats better than having paracetamol ones. I usually drop 6 which is 1200mg ibuprofen. The chemist own and others are 500mg para which means 6*500 = 3000mg paracetamol. Donno but id take the ibuprofen over that much paracetamol.

^ I think from memory the max daily dose is 800mg. There are 800mg tablets available though, so I think it should be ok once in a while. It can't be as bad as taking the max daily dose of paracetamol, 4g. I guess the point is that if you're worried about it, do a CWE!

from MIMS

After assessing the risk/ benefit ratio in each individual patient, the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration should be used.

Adults. The recommended initial daily dose is ibuprofen 1,200 to 1,600 mg in three or four divided doses, with food or fluids.

Nice one PD, should have looked that up... glad I was wrong on the conservative side! Also from the MIMS page for Brufen:

Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis. For acute exacerbations in patients already on treatment with ibuprofen, a maximum daily dosage of 2,400 mg may be prescribed, reverting to a maximum of 1,600 mg daily once the patient is stabilised.

Primary dysmenorrhoea. Initial dosage of 400 to 800 mg at the first sign of pain or menstrual bleeding, then 400 mg every four to six hours with a maximum total daily dose of 1,600 mg.

good thing codeine never did shit to me
:)

although, just for the sake of it i may stock up on them
...i do have friends who like codeine, so for the sake of friendship perhaps
might try it one more time as well, i only did 200mgs (maybe that was why)
haha

There are a few reasons it could have not worked for you. Most likely is either you messed up the extraction, or you have a CYP2D6 deficiency and can't metabolize codeine into morphine ( :( )

I would say that he messed up! I mean doing an extraction! I always double wash mine to get the most out of. Yeh sure its a little more liquid..but man its worth it! Double wash means you get pretty much 95% of the deine out...its like around 50% on the first wash. So if you just throw it out after the first time its such a waste!

So in other words you probably only got like 5 tablets worth of codeine or something... sooo of course you wont feel a high from that haha!

But do it again with like 500mgs and double rinse that! You will get high!

I would say that he messed up! I mean doing an extraction! I always double wash mine to get the most out of. Yeh sure its a little more liquid..but man its worth it! Double wash means you get pretty much 95% of the deine out...its like around 50% on the first wash.

What brand and method are you using to only get 50% of the codeine? You should get a clear liquid from the first filter.

Yeah 50% doesn't sound right at all :/ Mine are usually around 80% or more, as far as I can tell.

In reality, none of us have any idea exactly what % of codeine is being filtered successfully. A friend of mine has another mate who has been CWEing every day for a few years, for a while he was double-rinsing but has now stopped as he was feeling no difference between a single and a double wash.

I must say it makes sense that a second wash would give you more codeine, but I think if you use the right tablets, the right amount of water and the right equipment, there's no need to do a second wash.

That being said, I still plan to try a double wash next time I CWE. Empirical evidence is greater than all other evidence.

I would say that he messed up! I mean doing an extraction! I always double wash mine to get the most out of. Yeh sure its a little more liquid..but man its worth it! Double wash means you get pretty much 95% of the deine out...its like around 50% on the first wash. So if you just throw it out after the first time its such a waste!

where do you get the 50% number from? if you're doing it right you should get a lot more, like crankinit said around an 80% yield or so. a second wash is a good idea if you're that pedantic though;)

now i've no way of knowing the exact %age of the final yield, though you'd have a good idea if you evapourated it. but i know i'm getting a lot more than 50%.

are the above posts relating to me?
when taking the 200mgs of codeine?

well i did *exactly* what it said online, and my mates also used the same process, same night, same tablets (at my house)
just in different glasses
(we also wet the filters before use, so less codeine was soaked into the filter)
and squeezed it out at the end

my mates were feeling quite good whilst i wasn't
so maybe i do have CYP2D6 deficiency...?

any info appreciated
:)

Sorry for these basic questions.

1. What is a good recreational dose if I want alot of euphoria? I have taken around 140mg at once, and then topped up with say another 80-100mg, and hour later. I don't get much euphoria off this.

2. When doing a double wash, do you just add some more cold water to the sludge at the bottom of the coffee filter?

3. What is the overdose range for someone without much tolerance to opiates (I do have a bit - but nothing big)?

^
1. Hard to say, there are a lot of factors but I typically take 360mg worth (before a CWE so allow for a loss of 20% or so). Codeine doesn't give me much euphoria compared to other opiates though. Over about 360mg worth i find taking more has diminishing effects and isn't really worth it.

2. Careful with this "double wash" business, you'll be getting more ibuprofen and paracetamol too then. I'd rather err on the side of caution and sacrifice a little codeine. If i recall correctly about 1g of APAP will dissolve in 100ml of cold water? (wiki says 14mg/ml at 25 degrees C)

3. "Overdosing" with codeine isn't really a problem like stronger opiates. You'll get sick and have a nasty histamine reaction with doses above the recreational range though (say more than 500mg?). I'd avoid taking that much as even with a CWE you'll be getting a dangerous amount of ibuprofen/paracetamol. Also of course there's the disclaimer to avoid taking it with other depressants like too much alcohol etc.

Hope that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.