Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never do this, i was just wondering...
since the risk of IV codeine is a histamine reaction, would antihistamines prevent such a response?

For Dulcie Harris: yeh, some people using opiates, including codeine, do use anti-histamines such as doxylamine succinate, promethazine or diphenhydramine, to reduce "the itch", red face etc and also to enhance the "nod". These are the only anti-histamines people use that I'm aware of being used, so there's probably a good reason for that, maybe in the link that they're all drowsy type rather than the non-drowsy type antihistamines.

Sorry, I meant to say they're the only ones that I'm aware of that people have used to potentiate opiates with no unwanted effects.

Would it be possible to get some sort of amalgamated guide on the different brands of codeine combination pills? I think it would be in the best interest of everyone if we could see which brands provide clean and easy solutions, minimizing paracetamol and ibuprofen intake.

I've never found there to be a great difference between the brands, some dissolve a little easier than others, but you can just crush the ones that don't and the solution turns out exactly the same.

Question, the reason you can only take up to a ceiling dose of 450mg-ish is because the codeine inhibits the enzymes in the liver that convert it to morphine isn't it? How long does it take for the enzymes to free up so you can redose effectively.

Disregard that, I just came out the end of 5 hours of the most horrible nausea I've ever experienced after drinking down 430mg, I was literally at the point of wanting to force myself to throw up to try get it out of my system, except that the thought of that taste in my throat was more than I could handle.

Fuck knows why this drug hates me, I can drink it and be fine one day, then the next it'll leave me wanting to curl up into a ball from nausea. Empty stomach, full stomach, doesn't seem to matter. I can't be fucked with putting myself through that again, I'll stick to booze if I want a lazy buzz from now on.

Last edited:
I've never found there to be a great difference between the brands, some dissolve a little easier than others, but you can just crush the ones that don't and the solution turns out exactly the same.

I would disagree. Some filter better than others, some quicker, some clog up the filter and break them (I can't remember the brand, ended up orange but quite clear when finally filtered, had a horrible time with that stuff, maybe just shoddy filters). My experiences have varied alot, I would say that there is at least a substantial difference between the way the ibuprofen filters compared to paracetamol.

Last edited:
Yeah I think there's a big difference in brands. I'll only use Chemists Own, which are the generic brand from the chemist and a few other chains. If I'm desperate I'll buy Panadeine brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think there's a big difference in brands. I'll only use Chemists Own, which are the generic brand from the chemist and a few other chains. If I'm desperate I'll buy Panadeine brand.

Man, I was using Panadeine (8mg codeine per tab, 100 in a box) up until last week when I found chemists own. Shit, you get 10mg per tab and they are cheaper per the box. They don't dissolve as esay as Panadeine though.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Panadeine 15 works better and filters better than anything. Of course I don't even think I could be bothered with all the effort just for an hour codeine buzz...

Man, I was using Panadeine (8mg codeine per tab, 100 in a box) up until last week when I found chemists own. Shit, you get 10mg per tab and they are cheaper per the box. They don't dissolve as esay as Panadeine though.

the chemists own brand have always dissolved straight up the best for me. theyre my fav kind if i do an extraction. value for money.

Don"t get me wrong, spending an extra few minutes stirring the solution is worth the lower cost. Plus you get 960mg codeine from 1 box as compared to 800mg from Panadeine.

@ Panadeine 15, they are the most expensive method. You have to buy 2 boxes to get a full dose. Each box costing the same as a 100 pack of normal tabs, so basically you pay 4 times as much. Silly bizniss.

I use Panafen Plus because they have 12.8mg/tab. Also although I'm pretty confident in the CWE, I would rather be taking a largish dose of ibuprofen than paracetamol. Although they seem to have some sort of coating on the tabs, they crush and dissolve pretty easy, and the filtrate is quite clear. I'd agree that the Chemists' Own brand crushes the easiest.

Don"t get me wrong, spending an extra few minutes stirring the solution is worth the lower cost. Plus you get 960mg codeine from 1 box as compared to 800mg from Panadeine.

@ Panadeine 15, they are the most expensive method. You have to buy 2 boxes to get a full dose. Each box costing the same as a 100 pack of normal tabs, so basically you pay 4 times as much. Silly bizniss.

yeah definitely, it's logic to me to get chemists own because of more codeine and the price. plus i dont like running around different chemists just for codeine.

it's easy enough for me to ask my dr for a pandeine forte script every couple of days if i were so inclined.

i only use codeine for breakthrough pain these days and a little potentiation with other opiates and benzos.

The CWE doesnt work, ive tried the chemist own and nurofen plus. Drank 200mg and nothing. Took 4 pills another day and that was nice:) I donno what im doin wrong.

Have you got any tolerance to opiates at all? 200mg is a pretty small dose anyway, plus if you do a shitty extraction you lose a lot of codeine. Even if you doa good extraction you still only get 90-95% of the codeine.

The CWE doesnt work, ive tried the chemist own and nurofen plus. Drank 200mg and nothing. Took 4 pills another day and that was nice I donno what im doin wrong.
It could be 2 things.
1)You lack the enzyme(or yours is very poor) needed to convert codeine to morphine which is what gets you high
2) You screwed up the extraction(More probable). My first few extractions were pretty bad too, I barely got high. I think the exact method has been posted many times but I'll go over it briefly.
Step 1: Fill glass with enough water to cover pills + 10mls more.
Step 2: Once pills dissolve make sure you STIR once or twice. This is important. If you don't stir only 30-50% codeine will dissolve properly in the water and you will get shit yields.
Step 3: Let it sit for a minimum 20 mins. I prefer 30 though but you can go as high as an hour. Personally I never noticed a difference
Step 4: Put a coffee filter/microfiber cloth/2 folded paper towels over another glass and pour your solution into it, making sure no paracetamol chunks fall in.
Step 5: Drink your solution. The way I judge strength is through its bitterness. The bitter the better
Step 6: Profit!

Oh and as for brands... Chemists Own>Generic Chemist Pills>Panafen Plus>Nurofen Plus
These are all the ones I tried. CO being the best as they filter well, filter almost clear and are the most cost efficient. Try not to get nurofen if you can avoid it. They cost too much and are an ass to filter, not to mention I've never gotten a good effect from them.

It could be 2 things.
1)You lack the enzyme(or yours is very poor) needed to convert codeine to morphine which is what gets you high
2) You screwed up the extraction(More probable). My first few extractions were pretty bad too, I barely got high. I think the exact method has been posted many times but I'll go over it briefly.
Step 1: Fill glass with enough water to cover pills + 10mls more.
Step 2: Once pills dissolve make sure you STIR once or twice. This is important. If you don't stir only 30-50% codeine will dissolve properly in the water and you will get shit yields.
Step 3: Let it sit for a minimum 20 mins. I prefer 30 though but you can go as high as an hour. Personally I never noticed a difference
Step 4: Put a coffee filter/microfiber cloth/2 folded paper towels over another glass and pour your solution into it, making sure no paracetamol chunks fall in.
Step 5: Drink your solution. The way I judge strength is through its bitterness. The bitter the better
Step 6: Profit!

Oh and as for brands... Chemists Own>Generic Chemist Pills>Panafen Plus>Nurofen Plus
These are all the ones I tried. CO being the best as they filter well, filter almost clear and are the most cost efficient. Try not to get nurofen if you can avoid it. They cost too much and are an ass to filter, not to mention I've never gotten a good effect from them.

I did exactly whats written in ur post. I dont have tolerance at all. I take 4-5 pills and get nice effects. The extraction tasted very bitter like sucking on a lemon skin. I donno what happened. It baffles me.

pseudoephedrine is also water soluble apparently any suggestions as to how i can simply remove it from the codiene. and no meth thanks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.