Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try a CWE on some generic codeine pills in a few hours. I'm gonna post the method I'm gonna use - could you guys tell me if its efficient?

1. Crush the pills with a hammer on a breadboard

2. Put pills into water at a ratio of 2.5ml/tablet.

3. Stir for 2-3 mins.

4. Leave mixture to settle for 15 minutes.

5. Stir mixture, and put it into freezer for 30 mins.

6. Pour half of mixture into one coffee filter, the other half into another coffee filter

7. Drink filtered results

How is my method?? Is it worth doing a second wash on the sludge left in the filter? Whats the best way to wet the coffee filter beforehand whilst ensuring it doesn't break apart during the extraction?

Thanks!

it seems a bit excessive, just make sure the water is chilled to start out with and skip the freezer stage, and I'd use two filters stacked inside eachother to ensure it doesn't break.

^^ For the sake of convenience I wouldn't bother crushing the tablets. Just throw them in some water, stir and forget for half an hour. I'd also filter through cloth or somesuch material *before* bothering with coffee filters to remove 90% of the binders/gunk.

You should wet the coffee filters first but shouldn't ever have to squeeze them so they shouldn't be breaking.

I hope this helps?

Crushing depends on the brand. Some brands will dissolve on their own in a minute or two, others (generally the capsule shaped ones) often take half an hour or more and still won't fully dissolve. If you aren't sure, it can't hurt to crush them, or at least break them into smaller chunks.

I have 19 panafen plus extracting at the moment to make a dose of 243.2 obviously minus how much is lost during the CWE. I have some promethazine tablets that I plan to use to potentiate my codeine.

Basically I want to know what is the best time to take promethazine? Like an hour before codeine? Just swallow the pills with the solution? Or do I have to wait so as to avoid inhibiting the metabolism of codeine.

If anybody can help me out here I would very much appreciate it, I would hate to fuck up my buzz tonight.

You guys weren't kidding about the nurofen+, I figured it might be an idea to crush them up first, fuckers are like rock, I've been going at it on and off for half an hour and there are still solid chunks in the bowl.

Will see how the actual extraction goes, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The powder seems pretty insoluble as well. I had to use 100mg water to get it to dissolve 28 pills properly, usually I only need 50mg.

Last edited:
Guys

i accidentally froze some of the codeine/apap mixture

i left it in the freezer too long

what do i do?!?!?

Haha.

I imagine it would be fine if you just melted it and filtered it as normal.

It should be ok, just let it warm up to room temp. Don't microwave it or anything though.

As belarki suggested, I would filter through a tshirt or similar first, you can squeeze as hard as you like and it won't break. You can then use the coffee filters but I usually don't bother because I use material with a tight weave and the coffee filters hardly catch anything.

Also regarding the promethazine, I find that taking it before the codeine or at the same time significantly reduces the buzz. I usually just wait until the body buzz has gone and you're just feeling the warmth in your stomach then take them. Either that or take them earlier if the itching is too intense! For that though I'd take a different antihistamine that doesn't react (no 'first-generation' anti-histamines). Something like fexofenadine works well.
Oh, and promethazine doesn't potentiate codeine, in fact it pretty much does the opposite by competing with the codeine for the metabolic enzyme. It's effects synergise with the codeine though because it increases the sedation. I'd take maybe 25mg if it's your first time. Be safe, the whole point of this is to reduce potential harm (not to sound like a Dad :)).

Just dosed about half hour ago with a brand that I've used before and had good results with. For some reason though I had a much stronger histamine reaction than normal; itching really badly and my neck coming up red. Only thing I did differently was mix the filtrate with Red Bull which I've never done before. Given that the tablets and process is exactly the same, I reckon that must be it. Not going to do that again!

On the plus side, red bull would almost taste foul enough to cover up the codeine :p

Ok, the nurofen+ extraction just went down the hatch, I'll let you guys know if it works. I had quite a full dinner beforehand, so it may take a bit to kick in.

The whole process was a lot more effort compared to other brands. There's some kind of thick coating on the outside of the pills that's very hard to break through, and even beneath it they're very compressed and hard to crush. It took 3 times as long to crush them, then when I put them in the water they seemed to almost drink it up, I needed to use twice as much as normal for the same amount of pills. And even then, it took forever to filter out and I had to squeeze it through twice, with the final filtrate ending up very foggy.

My new favourite flavor concealer is 1 part filtrate, 1 part red cordial and 1 part sprite. Still has a nasty aftertaste, but it's much more tolerable.

Last edited:
^ Yeah Nurofen+ suck. Even Panafen Plus need more water than a generic brand to dissolve into a decent viscosity.

You're right with the cordial. Recently I've been mixing with orange cordial; it needs about a 1:1 ratio to completely mask the taste but it's worth it!

Oh yeah. The cordial does wonders, I wish I'd tried it earlier instead of sticking to juice. The sprite is nice, adds a little extra taste. It's much more liquid to drink, but you can get away with sipping it slowly instead of gulping the whole thing down before your taste buds catch up and kick in your gag reflex.

I can feel the codeine start to kick in now, it definately works, but it's 10x the effort of any other brand. It's not specific to the ibuprofen, because I bought a 96 box of generic ibuprofen/codeine and those worked wonderfully, nurofen specifically must have something weird they use as a binder that makes them such a chore to crush and dissolve. Stick to panadeine or home brand.

Codeine Extraction - Perfect Method?

Firstly, hello all. I have skulked around these forums for years without really contributing, but after going back to codeine recently and experimenting abit i believe i may have come across a method that is as close to perfect as can be achieved.

Secondly, im sorry for avoiding protocol and making an entirely new thread on the subject, but from what ive seen everybody is still using paper or cloth gravity filtering and coming out with liquids ranging from almost milky to pretty clear. This method produces a cup of water, looks exactly like water in every respect. I almost thought the codeine wouldn't be in the water when i took a sip to test it, but it was incredibly bitter as always. It was also quite nice to find that it got me very fucked, seemingly more messed up than i'd normally get.

Also, apologies if this has actually been mentioned elsewhere :S

Ok, so here we go. In short... - 5.0 green wheel filters and 50mL syringes after CWE as normal (can be sloppy as you are filtering through a wheel filter anyway)

Now, i may have jumped the gun as i have not tried the greens, i was using yellows (.45's) as i had one from use with bup. But ive been assured that greens will work better, and not clog up as fast while still filtering out all of the ibuprofen.

Articles needed:
2x 30 or 50mL syringes (no tips needed)

A wheel filter, used for filtering pills for injection. Size 5.0 green should work best but if you find it is not fine enough you can move down to the red. These cost $1.50 from the community health center or usual syringe outlet :p (many posts on these already, dig in the crates)

2x Clear glasses

1x Filtering cloth or paper. These are well documented, I have found that the fine fabrics used for cleaning of reading glasses work well. Just make sure you get the thick weave ones. When you wash them out, use warm water and wash the chalk off of the fabric instead of squeezing it through it. Stretching the fabric will destroy your filter cloth. Alternatively use coffee filter paper. :)

1x freezer.

1x rubber band

1x ice cube (optional: can be used to speed up the process after you mix in the pills properly, add the ice cube and mix, levelling out the difference in temperature between the cube and the liquid before storing it in the freezer. Just be careful you dont end up with too much liquid)

Ok. The Method..

Do your CWE as normal - Add room temperature or luke warm water to a cup to your desired fill level, generally you want to only have to swallow one mouthful of liquid at the end.

Add your pills and stir, continue stirring and crushing until the pills have completely disintegrated into the mixture. Optionally, add an ice cube and stir some more before storing in the freezer for fast cooling.

Write a poem.

Come back to the freezer, your mix is now cold. If you use a cloth for filtering, dampen it first, else just fix your filter the top of one of your glasses with the rubber band, allowing maximum capture.

Slowly pour the top layer off into the filter, allowing some to filter through before adding more. Maintain a settled mixture so you can extract as much clean liquid as you can. Sometimes i just dump the remaining gunk, however, with wheel filtering it doesnt matter as much except to clog your filter faster.

So now your codeine has been normally filtered cold water extraction style and we likely have a glass of liquid with ranging clarity, depending on what brand of pill you purchased. (Panafen plus is great, but once again, the wheel filter takes care of much)

- It is important to maintain the solution at a cool temperature, make sure it doesnt become warm as you go about your work. -

We then draw 1mL of standard water from the tap into one of our syringes and attach the wheel filter to it, inject the 1mL of water into the filter to dampen it. Remove the wheel filter. Now, draw the entire syringe full of your CWE solution and attach the wheel filter. Proceed to filter the liquid through the filter and into a new cup. The filter will dictate your pace. Every now and again you can unhook the syringe full of CWE solution, hook your secondary syringe on and draw luke warm water back through the wheel filter to unclog it.

Warning - You can blow a wheel filter into several pieces (half landing in your cup) with too much force. :) Be somewhat patient. Or use two sets and run two filters at once.

Anyway, i hope this helps people out there wanting to get a better filter out of their cold water extraction. Harm reduction is the key, and its simply unsettling to be drinking glasses of milky like solution, when logic says that it should be clear.

Bottoms up ~

^ Appreciate the method, but to be honest I don't really see the point of going to all that trouble.

Your solution will be slightly cloudy as some of the ibuprofen/fillers/binders will dissolve into the mixture. However with a decent filter using the normal method there shouldn't be much more than a recommended dose of ibuprofen in there.

Let's say you have 48 tabs and are using 2.5ml water per tab. That's 120ml of water. Wikipedia says that the solubility of ibuprofen is less than 1mg/ml. So using a perfect filter you're getting less than you would get by taking just one normal 200mg tablet! Of course you need to allow for some to get through the filter undissolved but I don't think it's much. Ibuprofen is available in 800mg Rx tabs, so even if you're getting another 600mg of ibuprofen making it's way through the filter, this should be ok occasionally.

If you're really paranoid about the ibuprofen or are dosing regularly then this might be useful if you can spend the time on it. However for the casual user, the standard CWE technique should be fine.

Sorry to rain on your parade. :)

Yeah I'm kind of inclined to agree, it seems like a huge effort to go to to get rid of a few hundred MG. Unless you're using it daily those sub-recommended doses are pretty harmless.

Ahh. Yeah, i was unawares of the 1mg/mL absorption into water by ibuprofen. That makes it significantly less damaging. That isnt so bad.

My only problem is impatience, so i squeeze liquid through the filter reasonably fast and then run it through the wheel. :p

Just an fyi for everyone out there, you most definately can extract nurofen+ with the same effectiveness, just be prepared for the considerable effort of crushing them first, and use twice as much water as normal.

Also regarding the promethazine, I find that taking it before the codeine or at the same time significantly reduces the buzz. I usually just wait until the body buzz has gone and you're just feeling the warmth in your stomach then take them. Either that or take them earlier if the itching is too intense! For that though I'd take a different antihistamine that doesn't react (no 'first-generation' anti-histamines). Something like fexofenadine works well.
Oh, and promethazine doesn't potentiate codeine, in fact it pretty much does the opposite by competing with the codeine for the metabolic enzyme. It's effects synergise with the codeine though because it increases the sedation. I'd take maybe 25mg if it's your first time. Be safe, the whole point of this is to reduce potential harm (not to sound like a Dad :)).

right on the money there. i got a little too eager a few weeks ago and took a big dose of phenergan before i drank my extraction and realised what i'd done after i did:\

doxylamine is a great potentiator that you can take with the codeine at the same time. and seeing as theres tablets with codeine/doxy it's too easy not too do.

i;ve found drinking a nice big glass of grape fruit juice about 20-30 mins before i dose the extraction with the doxy in it works perfectly. if i feel like it i will take some promethazine when the fuzzies hit me. it takes a long while for promethazine to hit me though, but when it does the sedation is nice.

Well I fucked up another extraction the other day. The one I mentioned earlier doing an extraction on 19 panafen plus. I did the extraction friday but ended up going out on friday night so didn't down the liquid until last night.

I used 19 pills crushed them fairly well, there was a few small chunks here and there but nothing crazy, added roughly 40ml of water and stirred well. I placed the resulting mixture in the fridge for exactly 25 minutes.

I put two pre wetted coffe filters inside another glass and tipped my codeine/ibuprofen mixture into the filters. After half an hour to 45 minutes there was about 20ml of water passed through the coffee filters and absolutley no more was coming through. I left it for another half an hour or so to make sure everything that was going to come through had and sure enough no more had filtered through.

I have a few ideas on what I may have done wrong. First I think 50-60ml would of been better than the 40ml I used. I think maybe I didn't quite wet the coffee filters enough and they absorbed some. I think that possibly I should have siphoned off the more watery part of the solution into the filters and let it filter through completely before adding the thicker gunky part of the solution into the filters. Possibly the gunk hardened up a bit and prevented some of the water coming through.

The water that I did get had the distinct codeine bitterness to it and drank with 2 whole panafen plus definately had codeine in it, but it really wasn't the buzz I was after and it is irritating to have fucked it up.

If anyone could offer any criticism and/or advice I would appreciate it a lot, I have 54 panafen plus left and I will be damned if I don't have the technique down pat before they are gone.

Also, is promethazine better for using with tramadol then? (the only other opiate I have access to at the moment, other than heroin which I can't afford) I have read a lot about opiate potentiation with antihistamines and most people tend to think promethazine is a better one to use than doxylamine but there is little elaboration on dose, timing and different opiates/opoids to use them with.

The big recommendations I can make are

1) use more water. I'm generally in the 60ml range.

2) Once you've let it strain through for a while, ball the coffee filters up, wrap them in an old tshirt, and squeeze them out into another filter (placed over the same cup), then wait for that to drain through. It's the best way to get the entire thing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.