• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dilaudid and Heroin

Used to do a lot of heroin when I was younger and quit. Now I'm a Chronic Pain patient and I get 180 4mg Dilaudids a month. I personally think the rush from IVing Dilaudid is MUCH better then any rush I've gotten from IVing heroin. Heroin has a better lasting high though. Dilaudid is amazing when it comes to the rush but it just wears off so fast it makes me sad. I've found that adding a little Dilaudid to a heroin shot gives you a good Dilaudid rush and a long lasting high. Personally I try to steer away from shooting Dilaudid though. I get 180 a month and If I got hooked on shooting them I'd be screwed. I wouldn't get pain relief anymore and that would be horrible just to chase that rush. Plus we all know shooting pills is bad for you & if I shot 180 pills a month I'd be dead or end up losing my arm or something real real quick.

For the sake of harm reduction I just made a thread toward the top of this forum that breaks down 4 different ingestion methods for Hydromorphone that I find personally great for when you need to take a break from IVing them. I even made a detailed how to on filtering the Dilaudid pills the best possible way without using a micron filter. It always leaves e with a crystal clear solution. Even with all the Dilaudid I have though im lucky if I IV them once every 3 months. I used to have such a IV addiction when I was younger I'm far to afraid to end up back there again. Plus I don't want to take advantage of my Dr. and what I get when so many people get nothing for pain control. Check my thread out though.

P.S. I end up on the hospital atleast once every two months (it totally sucks) but i'll usually get 2-3mg's of Dilaudid IV'd every hour for 5-7 days. 3mg's of hospital IV'd liquid Dilaudid feels MUCH stronger then shooting 6-8mg's of Dilaudid in pill form. Hospital grade liquid Dilaudid is where its at!

Also i'm an RN in an ER so i'm very familiar with administering Dilaudid to people. In the 1-4mg range it's actually one of the safest opiates when it's hospital grade liquid for injecting. It's amazing something so strong is actually so safe. It's when you start banging pills that you run into all the health problems. It's funny as I read this I was in the process of taking one of my 8mg doses. It's that time of day again... ... ... by far my favorite pain killer for my chrohns disease.

Last edited:
I absolutely love Dilaudid. I've heard it's about 8 times stronger than your average street H, but I have no idea. I've never tried H. I would love to, though...just don't know anyone who messes with it. Nothing kills my pain better than Dilaudid, and shooting the pills are very similar to having the IV form. (And yeah, just 6mg is a nice shot.) I've had both, several times. About the only difference, to me, is that the IV will never give you a headache, and the pills sometimes will...for me anyway. I wish I could get my Doc to increase my prescription. He only allows me a measly 2mg per day, which goes really fast since taking just 2mg is a waste if I don't feel any relief. I never used needles before this last surgery. I got so used to people sticking needles in my arms, over the last 17 years or so, and it doesn't bother me anymore. It was harder for me to do an intramuscular shot when I took allergy shots.
When you're in severe pain, you will do practically anything for relief, sometimes. I happened to find some Stadol (Butorphanol Tartrate) and that was my first self injection. Stadol is a wonderful rush, too. In fact, the IV solution is better than shooting Dilaudid pills. I think the Stadol rush hangs with you longer than IV Dilaudid. I wish I could get a bottle of that, just for those days when my pain feels like it's a 30 on the 1 - 10 scale.

The dilaudid rush is better than H IMO.

However H is a stronger drug.

Heroin is strong, but Dilaudid is a more potent opiate.

OP, if you have used Dilaudid for a while your cross-tolerance to other opiates is probably pretty high.

Your "muscle rush" is the euphoria effect, when I took 10mgs of Morphine IV I had intense onset of euphoria, I had 2mgs of Dilaudid IM later, it gave a better high than 10mgs of morphine IM but I didn't get the "muscle rush" you talk about because it's slowly defusing through the muscle.

The one time I managed to get an 8mg Dilaudid (very rare here in the UK) - I ruined it by mixing it with 0.2grams of smack.

I remember the rush being quite good, but then it just felt like H.

people ask me this alot

how i describe a good dilly shot:

its like you swallow a fire cracker and it explodes in your gut with a HUGE wave of euphoria spreading throughout your body instantly

heroin:

i can best describe the rush as shit:

you know when you are on a roller coaster and you are at the tip top of the highest drop and that 1 second you begin to descend and your head gets light and rushy? thats what i think it feels like.

as far as rushes go dilaudid is your best best but its short lived

The one time I managed to get an 8mg Dilaudid (very rare here in the UK) - I ruined it by mixing it with 0.2grams of smack.

I remember the rush being quite good, but then it just felt like H.

Sounds to me like you got the full dilaudid effect. I don't think the H ruined it for you--dilaudid doesn't really have any effect past the initial rush, at least ime.

Also i'm an RN in an ER so i'm very familiar with administering Dilaudid to people. In the 1-4mg range it's actually one of the safest opiates when it's hospital grade liquid for injecting. It's amazing something so strong is actually so safe. It's when you start banging pills that you run into all the health problems. It's funny as I read this I was in the process of taking one of my 8mg doses. It's that time of day again... ... ... by far my favorite pain killer for my chrohns disease.

I have crohn's too. how'd you get a script for so many? I have my GI appointment on friday, and Im hoping maybe you can give me some advice. See, he refuses to write me anything for the pain, so for the last few months Ive had to buy percocets and oxycontin off the streets, and its financially draining when I need so many per day, and my Doc wont write me anything. I'd love to get what you have or anything close to it so I dont have to keep paying for ER visits and also not be in pain anymore. Any advice on talking to him?

edit:
also, he's just a punk ass and just up's my dosage of Humira and switches me back and forth from Lialda to Entocort and then more Humira.
Its difficult to talk with him because one time i was having a flare and called him to ask what to do, and he said to just wait it out or go to the ER because he 'doesnt believe in writing scripts for painkillers in these situations', which makes me not want to talk to him about about and just keep getting street drugs when other members of my family have talked with him as well and he told them the same thing (with my permission to speak to them of course).

I'm thinking of just getting another GI doc. is that the only route left?

Dilaudid is like the ghost of a real rush. When I shoot up, I dont want to feel a quick feeling for about 3 seconds and then have no high. I want to feel like I got hit in the face with a 9000 pound mac truck. Dilaudid rush is weaker than dope IMO. Dope has a much fuller high and better all over your body AND mind rush. Dilaudid is simiply a body rush that lasts long enough for you to blink your eyes and take a breath and then youre ready to boot up again. Opiate crack, no thanks, unless its free or super cheap. Id have to do a shitload of them at once to feel anything truly worthwhile. A waste of time IMO for any heroin addict with a decent tolerance, only ppl who are new to opiates or only use pharms. just my 2 take it or leave it agree or not thats my personal experience.

edit:
also, he's just a punk ass and just up's my dosage of Humira and switches me back and forth from Lialda to Entocort and then more Humira.
Its difficult to talk with him because one time i was having a flare and called him to ask what to do, and he said to just wait it out or go to the ER because he 'doesnt believe in writing scripts for painkillers in these situations', which makes me not want to talk to him about about and just keep getting street drugs when other members of my family have talked with him as well and he told them the same thing (with my permission to speak to them of course).

I'm thinking of just getting another GI doc. is that the only route left?

Yeah, I'd go to a new doctor

I was under the impression that prescribing painkillers to Crohn's patients was pretty standard

Yeah, I'd go to a new doctor

I was under the impression that prescribing painkillers to Crohn's patients was pretty standard

Honestly ive heard of many getting nothing but I believe it's the rhoute you take with your doctors and the severity of your chrohns. I mean I had a whopping 42 days in the hospital last year alone and 22 days so far this year. All related to vomiting and crapping blood profusely for hours on end companied with extreme stomach pain that just couldnt be stopped even with my pain meds. I HAD to go get a Zofran and Dilaudid shots and usually they would keep me for a few days to a week. Thats with my pain medication. So with all that documented it wasn't hard to show I did indeed need pain med's to function. Also I get my pain meds from my PRIMARY Physician, not the GI. GI's always refuse to write pain meds. If you have Chrohn's bad you need to see your Primary or a Pain Dr. your primary can refer you & then for treatment and tests you see your GI. You need more then one Doctor for these situations. They will all work together. My GI's always told me to work put pain care plans with my primary and/ir a pain doc.

I have crohn's too. how'd you get a script for so many? I have my GI appointment on friday, and Im hoping maybe you can give me some advice. See, he refuses to write me anything for the pain, so for the last few months Ive had to buy percocets and oxycontin off the streets, and its financially draining when I need so many per day, and my Doc wont write me anything. I'd love to get what you have or anything close to it so I dont have to keep paying for ER visits and also not be in pain anymore. Any advice on talking to him?

You need to have all of your medical records and talk to your primary doctor or a pian management doctor your primary can refer you too in order to get your pain taken care of. No GI I've ever met, and i've met alot, will prescribe you ANY pain meds. They will tell you to take care of that with your primary doctor and they will say it in a snoody way. The good thing is once your doctor starts you on pain meds, real pain meds it's pretty easy to continue treatment with a real disease and solid medical record to back it. No doctor wants to be the one to break the opiate medication cherry but once the flood gates opened i've moved twice and never had a problem with going to a new primary with my current meds and my medical records and getting my medical treatment continued.

Just approach your primary about whats going in in your life and your medical condition and be honest. I wish I could give you mor e"pointers" but im not here to help anyone try to scam there doc or how to tell your doctor what they need to hear. If you really need to you can PM me and we can talk some more. You have an honest problem and disease. I know how it feels and you do deserve to be treated for it. Ive honestly been through every kind of opiate treatment possible before I found one that is cheap and effective. Methadone + Dilaudid makes chrohns pain pretty non-existent. Just PM me if u want to talk further.

^ How long do you have after a D, before you start clucking again?

after a dilaudid shot? As soon as the rush is over. So, about 3-7 seconds.

After heroin? I can go a few hours fine without wantin to redose.

thats my point...with dilaudid,the high, it aint even MINUTES , its measured in SECONDS.

I know the rush is short, but you likely would not feel w/ds for at least a few hours after a decent dose of hydromorphone.

I will PM you, as soon as I hit Greenlight status...lol

Im just really in a bad situation and caught between the cracks. You're right on the point that GI's WILL NOT writ scripts for pain meds. My father is a General Practioner (sp?) and although he's really not supposed to, he has at the most 'helped' me by talking with other DR's about whats going on. I am going to talk to him about a pain doctor, i think you called them, to assess whats going to happen and what we can do.

What is happening is this: Im up to 40mg of Humira every week (one sub-cutaneous shot/dose) and taking 12mg of Entocort every day along with the occasional methyl dose pack (one week supply of prednisone) when things start to get ugly.
Im going to see my GI on friday, and tell him Im going to start looking for another doc to treat me, preferably in NYC at NY Presbyterian or Monitfiore or Columbia Hospitals, and they can start me on some kind of pain management regimen. But that could takes weeks, so in the mean time I have to make some phone calls to try and get my daily 40-50mg of oxycodone so I can attempt to go to work and/or do work around the house so I can feel somewhat useful and not a total waste of life.

Also, Ive talked to my father about his friends who are DR's possibly just writing something small in the mean time so I dont have to spend $20-$30 a day on pain meds so I can function. He told me that 'There's no way they would do that' for me, so it looks like Im left with making phone calls and trying to medicate myself in the mean time, although he knows exactly what it going on with me (we keep in touch often)

[ know the rush is short, but you likely would not feel w/ds for at least a few hours after a decent dose of hydromorphone/QUOTE]

Yes. You shoudn't feel w/d for at least 6 hours after decent shot (8-12mg), probably longer. It's a pretty potent drug if you have enough.

Not as potent as h but has a better rush. I find if you are dosing in the 'teens' it is pretty potent stuff.

I done 12mg in like 10 minutes (8mg in one shot then 4mg a few min later) and just felt ....the opposite of overwhelmed. It is just my opinion but i dont know every time i do it i am less and less impressed. now if u put it in front of me ill shoot it all night long but it just feels like there is something missin from it, and i really dont think the rush is better, its all physical, it dont even hit your brain, theres no euphoria, its just like the feeling your body has on a strong clean e pill , all condensed down into a couple seconds of a rush. Its just me tho Im hatin I kno.

I done 12mg in like 10 minutes (8mg in one shot then 4mg a few min later) and just felt ....the opposite of overwhelmed. It is just my opinion but i dont know every time i do it i am less and less impressed. now if u put it in front of me ill shoot it all night long but it just feels like there is something missin from it, and i really dont think the rush is better, its all physical, it dont even hit your brain, theres no euphoria, its just like the feeling your body has on a strong clean e pill , all condensed down into a couple seconds of a rush. Its just me tho Im hatin I kno.

dilaudid is definately an acquired taste. it suited my lifestyle for a long bit i liked it for a lot of different resons other than the high. ime and imo dilaudid is almost pointless to exceed 8mg in one shot. if you exceed 8mg it just feels like 8mg....IME and IMO. and also if you re-dose dilly's at anytime before 1-1.5 hours you just blew a shot. there is a high after the rush and it will last about an hour.

i would take a huge dick hardening dilly rush over a nasty mild heroin high any time.

thats just me.

dilaudid is definately an acquired taste. it suited my lifestyle for a long bit i liked it for a lot of different resons other than the high. ime and imo dilaudid is almost pointless to exceed 8mg in one shot. if you exceed 8mg it just feels like 8mg....IME and IMO. and also if you re-dose dilly's at anytime before 1-1.5 hours you just blew a shot. there is a high after the rush and it will last about an hour.

i would take a huge dick hardening dilly rush over a nasty mild heroin high any time.

thats just me.

Me too, I found though recently that the reason I wasn' so keen to IVing the pills and thought it was nowhere near the same as hospital IV'd dilaudid is I simply wasn't doing a large enough shot for my toleranc eto the drug since I take it on a daily basis as my main pain med (6x a day 4mg's) I shot 4mg's.... ... ...eh it was ok I felt SOMETHING. I shot 6mg's... .... .... felt just like 4mg's. Was overwhelmed with pain the other day and figured i'd give it one more go at 8mg's IV'd and damn near hit the floor when I plunged the rig down. It felt exactly like a 3-4mg shot given to me at the hospital. An explosion right in the dead center of my chest and every muscle in my body relaxed. I felt great for a good hour but nothing like those first 10 sec. when that rush just explodes.

The rush from Hydromorphone is hands down a lot stronger and more of a kick then any shot i've ever had of Heroin & I shot a lot of H when I was younger. Im scared that I got such a good shot off the D's finally because I get so many. I had to throw away all of my rigs last night so I wouldn't be tempted to continue that bad habit. I'll attempt to just save it for the worst case pain scenario's as an alternative to going to the stupis ER for an exspenisve ass Zofran and Dilaudid shot. Both drugs which I have and CAN administer at home and save me $1000

I'm gonna have to be the dissenting voice on this. Heroin rush > Dilaudid rush.

I find the rush from Heroin to be more all encompassing and pleasurable. It is warmer, fuzzier. A shot of Dilaudid feels like going down a steep hill in your car too fast. Your muscles slack and you can't breathe for 5 seconds, then nothing.

Prickly Histamine overload beats being hit with a chemical bus anyday :p