• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to IV HydroMorph-Contin(Time Release Hydromorphone Capsules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

v4lium

Bluelighter
I've been searching around a lot here on bluelight for info or tips on getting the most out of hydromorphone, the particular big street brand here in my neck of the woods are the "hydromorph contins". Now, after usingtfse I've seen almost all threads in reference to hydromorph contins say something like "yeah hydro morph contins are impossible to abuse because they're covered in wax" or "they're really hard to abuse and shoot because they don't dissolve"---- BULLSHIT . I'm here to set the record straight... NO they are not impossible to abuse, though abusing them is illegal so I don't know why you'd want to but, they certainly are not impossible to abuse. The hydro morph contins are the most sought after opiate in my province, all the hardcore junkies prefer the hydro morph contins over dilaudid or generics because they are in fact the best HM pills to shoot, and for that matter, they prefer the hydro morph contins over shooting oxy, morphine, heroin, or any other opiate.

NOTE: As far as I know, hydromorph contins are only available in Canada, though I could be wrong but regardless, I'm sure these find their way into the american scene as well.

The only thing you need to do to shoot hydro morph contins, any MG, the ones I'm most familiar with are the orange 12's with the white beads inside; is the following:

What you'll need:

- Mortar & Pestle/Pill Crusher(Pill crushers are BOMB, i cant stress enough how useful these are, canadians go to your nearest lawtons or shoppers and buy a plastic one for $5, best 5 bucks you'll ever spend.

- Spoon, the thinner the metal in the dipped part of the spoon the better, easier it is to cook it faster

- 1cc insulin syringe, I prefer short tips to hit the veins in the arms

- Lighter (Optional)

- Cotton/end of a q-tip

What you do:

- Open the orange/whatever colour capsules, empty the white/whatever colour beads into your pill crusher/mortar.

- Crush repeatedly(I find the twist top pill crushers are best for this), crush until these beads seem broken into tiny little pieces.

-Empty the crushed beads into a spoon.

-Measure out 1 cc of distilled water(bottle water) into the spooon directly on top of the pile of crushed powder

- Mix the solution around a bit with the plunger end of your syringe

- Hold lighter flame about 1 or 2 cm from bottom of spoon, keep lit until water in spoon boils for no more than 3 seconds (Optional, the HM will dissolve without the application of heat, I personally always cook the shots up to kill bacteria but its not necessary)

DO NOT recook/ add more water/ whatever because the beads haven't dissolved, they aren't supposed to dissolve, you want the HM to dissolve not the WAX covering the beads, that's bad.. would you shoot a candle? I don't think so.

- Mix the solution around with the plunger of your syringe

- Throw a balled up piece of cotton into the spoon with the water and powder

- Draw up the water THROUGH The cotton(stick your syringe into the top of the cotton and pull the plunger back slowly) until you start to hear it hiss(meaning all the water has been drawn up and you're now drawing air into the syringe)

- Hold the syringe up vertically so the needle is facing UP towards the ceiling, flick the side of the syringe until all the air bubbles float to the top... then push the plunger on the syringe to push out all the access air.

- Wait for solution to cool(you don't want to inject hot water into your veins) and then inject the mixture slowly into your arm with the needle facing UP your arm towards your shoulder, then pull the needle out slowly as to not cut anything up inside your arm(bad news, happened to me before, Pulled out to fast and blood shot out of my arm onto my pants and hands).

- Lay back drooling and stare at the ceiling in awe

Conclusion- I find this method gives you a good 95%+ of the hydromorph into your system, I always cook the powder a second time and shoot as there can be 1 or 2 mg left in the spoon or absorbed into the cotton. So cook the beads a second time, shoot it, then if you really want to make sure you got it all, dry the crushed beads left in the spoon out and snort it or parachute it. That way you get all of it in you.

It's as simple as that, tried to make it detailed so you know exactly what to do, as that is exactly what I do and I tell you it works GREAT. Shooting the hydromorph contins is much better than shooting the pressed pills because the waxy beads do not dissolve in the water, only the hydromorphone dissolves, giving you a solution without little clumps of powder that's gonna end up in your arm.

I'll say this, I've shot a lot of pills in my day and the hydromorph contins are definitely one of my FAV, they seem to be a lot more potent than the dilaudid brand pills and caps... for what reason I do not know, but they are damn strong. They come in strengths ranging from I believe 3, 6, 12, 24 and 30 mg. I believe though the most common on the streets of canada are the 12's and 6's along with the dilaudid yellow 4's and the 8's.

So fellow Canadians, if you're an opiophanatic and you happen across the hm contins, refer to this guide and take solace in the fact you're swimming in gold :).

Mod's if you would like, edit this to your liking and archive it pls. I'm sure a lot of Canadians visit this site and hm contins being one of the most popular street brands I think it's fair to say this guide can and will help a lot of people, as well I'm sure these pills have and will find a way into the american streets, as I'm not even sure if americans have hydromorphones that come in strengths of 24 and 30mg.

Tips for the novice-Just a little bit of additional info here, for those with lack of a tolerance, 6 mg will be more than enough, I'd play it on the safe side though, If you get a pink hydromorph contin 6mg, Cook half the beads and IV, then try the second half if you're not a smiling lump on the floor covered in drool yet. Natural opiate tolerance varies a lot from person to person. So always play it safe and start with around 3 or 4mg if you're new to IVing.

There isn't enough info on here for canadian brand name pharms and the like, so perhaps I will write more guides in the future.

Peace and love,

-v4l

Last edited:
why heat it.

wouldnt ever heat the stuff

To kill bacteria, never know what microscopic things are crawling around on your dope spoon or have come into contact with the beads. . that and its just ritual now to me, I feel off if I don't cook my shots first. The wax wont melt unless you heat it for awhile, but by the time the beads melt the water would have all evaporated.

You don't HAVE to cook the hmc shots but if you have a favored dope spoon that's been sitting around awhile I would definitely consider it.

So it's pretty much the same as shooting any other substance?

I wasn't aware every injectable drug on earth came in little white beads made of a unique pain in the ass material and deemed "impossible to inject"

New's to me broski.

:)

If you heat it to make sure all the drug is out of the wax, apply ice to the bottom of the spoon afterwards to solidify the wax and make sure that anything that is going to crash out of the solution, already has, and isn't doing so in your veins/rig

These things can be ground into solid plastic like particles, ain't no melty wax goop with these bitches. Truly with a bit of patience and as finely crushed as possible hydromorph beads require NO heat...Fucking with IV pills of any sort is a bad idea, applying heat just up the ante as far as dissolving more binders/fillers into your shot.

haha if youre going through all this trouble i would just shoot dope..alot less fillers and shit.. IVin pills isn't the safest thing you could do<3

As I said the cooking is optional, I've always heated the solution because I have bacteriaphobia and its a habit, the prep of the pills is almost as addictive as the pills themselves. Cooking the shot for a few seconds isn't going to melt the beads into your shot but I definitely see where you guys are coming from on that issue, boiling it for too long would definitely be bad news bear and the thought of shooting wax into ones arm is not appealing in the slightest.

I've added "optional" to the cooking step to please those who don't agree with that step.

yeh, arund here (where you v4lium, coldboy wrote from) all the junk men cook up their dillie-water mixes with lighters, well yeh youre ruining spoons. wasting time and increasing the chance of getting wax or whatver in your veins, i do it w/o cooing and it works fine if not better, an you better washes or by-powder. so dont bother cooking your spoons unless you need to. you dont need to with pharms.

also these arent "unbangable" pills dont know where u got that from, you have brought nothing new here bro. keep pretending to be real wigga boy

Why do all of you think you cant heat Hydromorphs ? Ive been doing them since I was 12 .. thats 11 years and Ive only ever done them IV Im getting ready to do one now actually but Ive always heated them and so has everyone I know that does them .. and afterwards I re-heat and do the wash or rinse whichever you perfer to call it. Ive hear that you dont have to heat Dilaudid 4's or 8's which Ive done before. There was one time I didnt have a lighter so I couldnt cook my Hydro and I got nothing from it , it was very upsetting.

So anyone who is actually taking advice from this ..

COOK YOUR HM, NOT COOKING IT WONT GET YOU ANYTHING.

Like I said Ive been doing it for 11 years cooking it is not gonna hurt you, mind you the pill will in the long run and I dont recomend anyone starts doing it.

Why do all of you think you cant heat Hydromorphs ? Ive been doing them since I was 12 .. thats 11 years and Ive only ever done them IV Im getting ready to do one now actually but Ive always heated them and so has everyone I know that does them .. and afterwards I re-heat and do the wash or rinse whichever you perfer to call it. Ive hear that you dont have to heat Dilaudid 4's or 8's which Ive done before. There was one time I didnt have a lighter so I couldnt cook my Hydro and I got nothing from it , it was very upsetting.

Like I said Ive been doing it for 11 years cooking it is not gonna hurt you, mind you the pill will in the long run and I dont recomend anyone starts doing it.

Lies.

^truly.

You don't gain anything from heating it. The solution doesn't sterilize from a short burst of heat.

You are wrong. I've been doing these pills for years as well and you can mash the beads up real good (pill crusher) and let them soak in the spoon (I use a empty, sterile pill jar) with 60 or so units of water and every once and a while dip the plunger of your rig into the solution (whipe the plunger down with alch. swabs before you do this again). Does the solution taste bitter? Yes it does, after an hour or so it's bitter as hell and ready to filter and shoot.

PS. They used to have these in the US but they were discontinued, they were called Palladone SR or something similar...

As I said the cooking is optional, I've always heated the solution because I have bacteriaphobia and its a habit, the prep of the pills is almost as addictive as the pills themselves. Cooking the shot for a few seconds isn't going to melt the beads into your shot but I definitely see where you guys are coming from on that issue, boiling it for too long would definitely be bad news bear and the thought of shooting wax into ones arm is not appealing in the slightest.

I've added "optional" to the cooking step to please those who don't agree with that step.

If you feel the need to cook for the purpose of sterilization, do it after the solution has been filtered. This way you will not be disolving unnecessary binders/fillers into your shot.

Hydromorphone HCL is extremely soluble in cold water (333mg/1cc), cooking it is just retarded!:p

Anyone heard of the new Hydromorphone ER pill called Exalgo that is currently currently under review by the FDA? Looks like we could have another extended release Hydromorphone soon.....It is using an OROS system (oral osmotic delivery system), but I do not really know how that works....nonetheless sounds promising.

Last edited:
Anyone heard of the new Hydromorphone ER pill called Exalgo that is currently currently under review by the FDA? Looks like we could have another extended release Hydromorphone soon.....It is using an OROS system (oral osmotic delivery system), but I do not really know how that works....nonetheless sounds promising.

the OROS system is what concerta and invega use.. for those of you who dont know..

Anti harm reduction

v4lium;7131808[SIZE="4" said:
]* generic guide on how to shoot pills harmfully and give you a nice dose of as many dangerous fillers as possible*[/SIZE]
Peace and love,

-v4l

I'm going to go right ahead and say it: in terms of harm reduction this is a TERRIBLE guide that should not be followed.

First off instructing people to heat/cook pills? Come on dude, this is basic stuff, you NEVER apply heat to pills, period. Your rationale is it kills bacteria. Ok, this might have a little credence if you were talking about street drugs with questionable contents but pharmaceuticals are the last type of drug to worry about bacteria with unless you are pulling them out of you rectum. Pills have a load of potentionally harmful fillers and adding heat dissolves as much of them as possible into the solution as opposed to being able to filter them out if you just mixed with cold water. Second off this is redundant because anyone who shoots pills could follow their standard method for these without some of your bad instructions that could lead to a lot more harm than good. There is nothing special about shooting these as opposed to any other type of pill that warrants a special guide. Third, you don't even mention micron filtering which is always the best option for filtering pills when available. The sucking up through cotton thing works but if you are not using a micron, the best possible alternative is to stuff a syringe barrel packed with cotton and force the solution through it. It works magnitudes better than any other method where you are drawing up through cotton.

Please use common sense people when shooting pills, never heat and just use the best filtering method available to you. If you shoot pills on a regular basis look at the micron filtering megathread and invest in some supplies to filter batches of pills at one.

This thread really bothers me, for a harm reduction board having guides with such bad instructions shouldn't be acceptable. :X

yeh, arund here (where you v4lium, coldboy wrote from) all the junk men cook up their dillie-water mixes with lighters, well yeh youre ruining spoons. wasting time and increasing the chance of getting wax or whatver in your veins, i do it w/o cooing and it works fine if not better, an you better washes or by-powder. so dont bother cooking your spoons unless you need to. you dont need to with pharms.

also these arent "unbangable" pills dont know where u got that from, you have brought nothing new here bro. keep pretending to be real wigga boy

yes, don't ever add heat when you're prepping a pill for IV. it's only going to allow insoluable to become soluble(wax, etc *gasp*)

mims said:
MIMS Abbreviated Prescribing Information

Section: 4(a) Narcotic analgesics
Consumer Medicine Information: Available

Pregnancy Category: C * (See accompanying Precautions text.)

Sport Category: Banned in sport

Uses/Indications: Opioid analgesic. Treatment of mod-severe chronic pain

Contraindications: Surgical procedures and/or underlying disease resulting in GIT narrowing; GIT blind loops, obstruction; management of acute postop pain; status asthmaticus; pregnancy, labour, delivery; children

Precautions: Decr blood volume, respiratory reserve (eg hypoxia, hypercapnia); kyphoscoliosis; respiratory depression; COPD; pain relieving operation eg chordotomy (should not use 18 hrs prior, 24 hrs postop); head injury; incr ICP; paralytic ileus (should not use); chronic constipation; drugs, conditions causing decr GI transit time; inflammatory, obstructive bowel disorders; intestinal occlusion (esp ileus); acute pancreatitis sec to biliary tract disease; preop biliary tract surgery; mod-severe hepatic, renal impairment; adrenocortical insufficiency; convulsive disorder; myxoedema; hypothyroidism; prostatic hypertrophy; urethral stricture; CNS depression; toxic psychosis; acute alcoholism; delirium tremens; abrupt withdrawal; other drug dependence; abuse; not for parenteral use; galactose intolerance, Lapp deficiency, glucose/ galactose malabsorption, lactation (should not use); elderly; debility

Adverse Reactions: GI upset esp constipation; dry mouth; anorexia; dependance; CNS effects incl somnolence, headache, dizziness; respiratory depression; asthenia; dehydration; insomnia; anxiety; confusion; nervousness; nightmares; mood swing; restlessness; hallucination; memory impairment; visual disorder; vertigo; tachycardia; hypo/ hypertension; dyspnoea; muscle spasm; extremity, abdominal, back pain; flush; hyperhidrosis; pruritus; rash; arthralgia; urinary retention; dysuria; micturition urgency; oedema; withdrawal syndrome; pyrexia; chest discomfort; chills; procedural complications; others, see full PI

Drug Interactions: Phenothiazines; general anaesthetics; other opioids; alcohol; MAOIs within 14 days; other CNS depressants eg hypnotics, sedatives, antipsychotics, opioid agonist/ antagonists eg buprenorphine, nalbuphine, pentazocine; neuromuscular blockers

JURNISTA (Modified release tablets) Prescription required. S8 This product may cause drowsiness.

Hydromorphone HCl; lactose, NaCl; beige (4 mg), red (8 mg), yellow (16 mg), white (32 mg), blue (64 mg);

Dose: Swallow whole at same time each day. Do not chew, divide, crush. Individualise dose. Should not admin > once every 24 hrs. Opioid naive: initiate with conventional immediate release prep (recommended), then convert to Jurnista (see full PI) or initially less than or equal to 8 mg/24 hrs; may admin 4 mg/24 hrs, titrate up or down in 4 or 8 mg increments every 24 hrs. Opioid tolerant: base dose on prior daily morphine equivalent dose rounded down to closest 4 mg, see full PI for conversion table. Supplemental rescue medication: use immediate release prep; see full PI. Individualisation, maintenance: may incr at greater than or equal to 2 day intervals by approx 25-100% of current daily dose after initiation; may continue for as long as pain relief required; reassess periodically for continued need. Elderly, mod renal, hepatic impairment: reduce initial dose. Severe renal impairment: also consider incr dose interval.

Discontinuation: decr by 50% every 2 days until lowest poss dose reached then discontinue; see full PI
Pack: 4 mg [10]
Pack: 8 mg [10] : Restricted - PBS/RPBS
[Restricted benefit indication(s): Chronic severe disabling pain not responding to non-narcotic analgesics.] PBS:
Pack: 16 mg [10] : Restricted - PBS/RPBS
[Restricted benefit indication(s): Chronic severe disabling pain not responding to non-narcotic analgesics.] PBS:
Pack: 32 mg [10] : Restricted - PBS/RPBS
Pack: 64 mg [10] : Restricted - PBS/RPBS
[Restricted benefit indication(s): Chronic severe disabling pain not responding to non-narcotic analgesics.]

now these jurnista(effectivelt HMcontin. 24 hr release), from australia supposedly have some whack CR system which inhibits the abuse (much like those of xanax xr, beyond crushing it). here is a short copy of some mims info on it.

i'll try and grab the name of that "whack" time release system in a moment, it's in an aussDD thread. i haven't bothered to look any further into, because HMcontin isn't something that appeals to me too much. beside the obvious.

sorry, i forgot the pill composition

Composition

Active. Hydromorphone hydrochloride.

Inactive. Coated tablet core: polyethylene oxide, povidone, magnesium stearate, butylated hydroxytoluene (E321), polyethylene oxide, sodium chloride, hypromellose, iron oxide black (E172), lactose anhydrous, cellulose acetate, macrogol 3350 and iron oxide yellow (E172) (for the 32 mg strength only)

Colour overcoat: lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide (E171), glycerol triacetate and iron oxide red (E172) (for the 4 mg and 8 mg strength)/ iron oxide black (for the 4 mg strength only)/ iron oxide yellow (for the 4 mg and 16 mg strength)/ indigo carmine lake (E132) (for the 64 mg strength).

Clear overcoat: hypromellose, macrogol 400.

Printing ink: iron oxide black (E172), propylene glycol and hypromellose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.