• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to IV HydroMorph-Contin(Time Release Hydromorphone Capsules)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously...

Sometimes I feel like there should be a big banner or sticky thread with all caps that just says NEVER HEAT PILLS

you really dont have to cook pills, also,
you dont have to filter 10 times or be too worried about sterility, OKAY, this is "stupid" advice but ive re-used plungers without wiping them down with swabs, never used anything but q-tip cotton for filters, and have fucked up with hygiene a fuckload of times and nothing bad has happened... granted i dont iv pills that often...but i dunno...ive always thought of hygiene in general as massively overrated, but it depends on your immune system too. i mean be as clean as you can but stuffing syringes full of cotton isnt necessary. if you're that worried about medical problems stay the fuck away from the needle (actually, do that no matter who you are!! please!)

Telling people not to be worried about sterility/hygiene is a terrible idea. This is a harm reduction forum. That is the opposite

^Seriously, my jaw dropped when I read that.

To paraphrase and CORRECT ControlDenied...

"if you're NOT that worried about medical problems stay the fuck away from THIS HARM REDUCTION MESSAGE BOARD"

The time release system on jurnista- which is available in Serbia, Australia and much of the EU- is OROS (osmotic release) so the workaround would be similar to Alza Concerta XL tablets. Both are 24-hour extended-release and Schedule 2 CD so the makers obviously want to abuse-proof newer formulations. At least it won't be mixed with Naloxone to supposedly "reduce constipation" like the new UK med Targinact (OC + narcan)

you're right desdenova, i just feel that people exaggerate a lot of things on this board about losing limbs and such because of iv pills...maybe it can happen but from my experience it is very unlikely... anyway, i deleted the post as it is only asking for flaming here on BL

^Seriously, my jaw dropped when I read that.

To paraphrase and CORRECT ControlDenied...

"if you're NOT that worried about medical problems stay the fuck away from THIS HARM REDUCTION MESSAGE BOARD"

CD said:
Originally Posted by ControlDenied View Post
you really dont have to cook pills, also,
you dont have to filter 10 times or be too worried about sterility, OKAY, this is "stupid" advice but ive re-used plungers without wiping them down with swabs, never used anything but q-tip cotton for filters, and have fucked up with hygiene a fuckload of times and nothing bad has happened... granted i dont iv pills that often...but i dunno...ive always thought of hygiene in general as massively overrated, but it depends on your immune system too. i mean be as clean as you can but stuffing syringes full of cotton isnt necessary. if you're that worried about medical problems stay the fuck away from the needle (actually, do that no matter who you are!! please!)

wow i don't know how i missed that. terrible terrible "advice" there:|

Could someone please tell me the best method for IV Jurnista 16mg or 8mg. I will have a few of each soon. Thanks

So cook it or dont cook it. i dont live in canada so sall chance ill ever see these awesome hm pills. yet i want to know. whats right and whats wrong cook it or dont cook it. what is better for the sake of your body if your gonna bang it

Heating pills is potentially unhealthy and I doubt the bacterial benefits are of much, you should be using clean rigs and tools to begin with, I even do my best to use saline or bacteriostatic water for IVs.

However, I discovered earlier today, that while everything I've ready says that these are readily soluble in cold water and I've always followed that and agreed - I did try adding a bit of heat to a few my shots today.

At least in my scenario - this more than DOUBLED the perceived potency of my shots, I was splitting 24mg's with my friend (12mg each), and after we added a bit of heat, we were back down to splitting 12mg's (6mg each) and having a more powerful experience.

Now, I want to make it clear, a lot of heat will make the wax go into solution and that is BAD and unhealthy. I only used a tiny bit of heat, waving a ligher's flame across the spoon for just a few seconds to warm it up - definitely no boiling or anything close.

Just my observation.. Did an A/B test and the results stand, I am kind of scared that there may be more pollutants in the rig though, must-get-micron-filter...

Bottom line, you DO NOT NEED HEAT OR WANT IT, but a TINY BIT seemed to work REALLY WELL for me..

To kill bacteria, never know what microscopic things are crawling around on your dope spoon or have come into contact with the beads. . that and its just ritual now to me, I feel off if I don't cook my shots first. The wax wont melt unless you heat it for awhile, but by the time the beads melt the water would have all evaporated.

You don't HAVE to cook the hmc shots but if you have a favored dope spoon that's been sitting around awhile I would definitely consider it.

Heating a shot doesn't kill bacteria. It may kill some bacteria, but certainly not all of it.

The best thing for removing bacteria is a micron filter.

long time reader and nrevous poster

I've been searching around a lot here on bluelight for info or tips on getting the most out of hydromorphone, the particular big street brand here in my neck of the woods are the "hydromorph contins". Now, after usingtfse I've seen almost all threads in reference to hydromorph contins say something like "yeah hydro morph contins are impossible to abuse because they're covered in wax" or "they're really hard to abuse and shoot because they don't dissolve"---- BULLSHIT . I'm here to set the record straight... NO th
useful these are, canadians go to your nearest lawtons or shoppers and buy a plastic one for $5, best 5 bucks you'll ever spend.

- Spoon, the thinner the metal in the dipped part of the spoon the better, easier it is to cook it faster

- 1cc insulin syringe, I prefer short tips to hit the veins in the arms

- Lighter (Optional)

- Cotton/end of a q-tip

What you do:

- Open the orange/whatever colour capsules, empty the white/whatever colour beads into your pill crusher/mortar.

- Crush repeatedly(I find the twist top pill crushers are best for this), crush until these beads seem broken into tiny little pieces.

-Empty the crushed beads into a spoon.

-Measure out 1 cc of distilled water(bottle water) into the spooon directly on top of the pile of crushed powder

- Mix the solution around a bit with the plunger end of your syringe

- Hold lighter flame about 1 or 2 cm from bottom of spoon, keep lit until water in spoon boils for no more than 3 seconds (Optional, the HM will dissolve without the application of heat, I personally always cook the shots up to kill bacteria but its not necessary)

DO NOT recook/ add more water/ whatever because the beads haven't dissolved, they aren't supposed to dissolve, you want the HM to dissolve not the WAX covering the beads, that's bad.. would you shoot a candle? I don't think so.

- Mix the solution around with the plunger of your syringe

- Throw a balled up piece of cotton into the spoon with the water and powder

- Draw up the water THROUGH The cotton(stick your syringe into the top of the cotton and pull the plunger back slowly) until you start to hear it hiss(meaning all the water has been drawn up and you're now drawing air into the syringe)

- Hold the syringe up vertically so the needle is facing UP towards the ceiling, flick the side of the syringe until all the air bubbles float to the top... then push the plunger on the syringe to push out all the access air.

- Wait for solution to cool(you don't want to inject hot water into your veins) and then inject the mixture slowly into your arm with the needle facing UP your arm towards your shoulder, then pull the needle out slowly as to not cut anything up inside your arm(bad news, happened to me before, Pulled out to fast and blood shot out of my arm onto my pants and hands).

hi all- first off thanks for providing this site- as this question has been answered countless time i would ask that you guys post some links of other threads so u dont have to repeat urselves!

im in pain 24/7 for 2 yrs and theres no hope in site- opiates have been a life saver as i doubt id be here without them, altho im struggling on a slow release morphine sulfate slow release- ive been wanting to iv them for ages to get the relief ive been needing and ive decided to now as the drs etc wont give me enough to work swallowing the capsules- little wee beads in a cap-

so my question is as im an amateur, is how to i shoot them! i can crush them into a fine powder and drink it but that doest work much anymore so i need to iv them-
so after crushing the them into a white powder and 1-2mls of water in a cup or spoon what do i do now? this is as far as ive got-?

do i do what v4lium;7131808 has said but dont heat it up just mixt it up , wait a while then use a needle and filter and suck up the clear liquid?

even tho i read v4lium;7131808 post there were a few ppl who didnt think it was the best way or safest way etc so id like to know the best safest way to iv morphin tablests- so please just post links or if someone experienced could maby walk me thru it from a- b as im a novice!

if v4liums way is correct(minus the heating of the spoon) then it sounds quite easy-

and do i just put the needle in like a blood test etc? maby 2mm into the vein, just enough to bury the tip? thats the scary part for me

if these questions are inappropriate then please advise me- i flicked thru the rules but this site is bloody- big u can get lost rather easy

cheers and look forward to some replys- and remember im desperate to relive the pain and if i got high i wouldnt say no!

V4ALIUM thanks for the information in how to inject theses caps it was very helpful. I have the 30mg and was thiking they were garbage. I wouldn't crush them and heated them like 4 times to get them to dissolve. Guess this was a really bad idea not just getting the wax but also not getting high. I again thank-you for taking the time to post your information. Everyone who is being so rude should lay off. He has taken his time t help us all. Thank-you...

I have been injecting pills for years and always heat them. Everyone I know that lives in my area does. So thanks this has been quite helpful and I am sharing this information with the other users in my area. I unfortunately was heating Hydromorphone caps like 5 times to get them to crush, which I now know was a very bad idea. Like I said in my last post I was doing 30mg and thought they really sucked. Now I realize I was probably just injecting wax. Again thanks everyone for the very useful information. I won't be heating anymore.

i dont understand

this made me feel sick to read all these comments. ive done ds before, ive never shot them up but ive sniffed them and i understand why you all like them but it makes me feel sick to see people giving eachother advice on how to shoot up. your all glamourizing the addiction and dont try to say your not addicted because anyone who is shooting up is defenitely going to become addicted if they arent already. ive seen what drugs do to people, do what you want to yourselves, its your life, your body and you can decide what to put in it but dont help other people do the same. it only takes one time to have someone overdose and die, can you imagine that you showed someone how to shoot up or gave them advice on it and when they do take your advice and try it they die.. its like assisting suicide. i know there can be a debate on this because there are clinics in Canada that provide a place for users to shoot up and i know a lot of you will probably feel offended by what im saying but just keep an open mind and try and understand where im coming from

ive been slamming hydros for about 2 years .. tried a cold wash a few times .. didnt really do much .. i find it necessary to heat them in order to obtain the rush/high im looking for

SOMEONE simply doesnt know what they're talking about

your all glamourizing the addiction and dont try to say your not addicted because anyone who is shooting up is defenitely going to become addicted if they arent already.. it only takes one time to have someone overdose and die, can you imagine that you showed someone how to shoot up or gave them advice on it and when they do take your advice and try it they die.. i know a lot of you will probably feel offended by what im saying but just keep an open mind and try and understand where im coming from

FIRSTLY @ "WHATTHEFUCK"
OK FIRST OFF...HOW OLD ARE YOU??? Teaching people how to properly IV anything DOES NOT..AND I REPEAT..DOES NOT automatically turn them into an addict!!!

Snorting Hydromorph like you said YOU do/did..WILL turn a person into an addict JUST AS EASILY as shooting or ANY other form of ingestion!! IN FACT maybe even EASIER since it IS "EASIER" for most people to snort something than to go through the effort in getting the needles and the anxiety of sticking them into themselves/ their veins.. it just takes repetitive use to become addicted..PERIOD!

JUST for YOUR information;
SWIM got 100% addicted JUST from snorting!!!
SWIM THEN started using a needle because of increased tolerance.

Teaching people how to do anything properly is a good step in harm reduction and perhaps REDUCING the chance for an OD.. AND death to begin with!!.

WHICH BY THE WAY... you can OVERDOSE by simple snorting too!

ANY WHICH WAY that puts a lethal dose of a drug in your system will cause death! (LD50)

SO far I see everyone suggesting small doses to start.. NOTHING REMOTELY CLOSE TO the LD50 . so an overdose and death from reading AND FOLLOWING the advise/directions in this forum is as likely as winning the top prize in a lotto.

SECONDLY "your all glamourizing the addiction"
I dont think ANYONE here is "glamourizing addiction"... THAT sounds like the repetition of a lame excuse/catch phrase from a politician or anti-drug freak..same as "marijuana is a gateway drug" I would bet that NO ONE here enjoys being addicted and think it is glamorous or desirable!! THAT is simply STUPID and so are you if you seriously believe that!

There IS NO glamor in addiction, or using a needle. UNLESS you use the definition of glamor as "making it more desirable"..which in fact using a needle under certain circumstances IS more desirable...

ie: When doing hydromorph orally or nasally, does not provide pain relief anymore.. using a needle IS more desirable..period!

SWIM has shot Hydromorph IM.. and tried IV once.. and plugged once.
IF SWIM shoots, SWIM only shoots IM, as SWIM found IV not worth the effort, SWIM also snorts and orally and has tried plugging.. but found the effort deterring.

SWIM gets 90x12mg hydromorph (contin) and 120x2mg Hydromorphone/ month.
Thats 44mg Dilaudid/day.

The 12 mg needs to be ground up..
SWIM vigorously boils water in a spoon to kill as many bacteria as possible, to heat up the water, AS WELL as to ensure that if it is boiled again, WITH the crushed pill, it will not easily boil over and spill out of the spoon wasting it......then while it is cooling, SWIM pours the 12mg capsule of beads into a small bowl, using a large spoon to crush the beads into a powder/as finely as possible..

SWIM has found that warm/hot water seems more effective in dissolving the Hydromorph....
SWIM tried it cold..but not letting it sit for an hour...perhaps THAT is what SWIM needs to do...
SWIM then pours the powder into the spoon and stirs it gently...
SWIM uses a torch to heat it up to a light steaming or very short and gentle boil... again, while it is cooling

SWIM gently twists and pulls the ball of cotton a little way off the stick but not all the way.. and then Bends the Q-tip stick so it has a curve.

SWIM then uses a weight (the same weight that holds down the spoon off the edge of a table) to also hold the q-tip down and securely position the cotton ball to the bottom and center of the spoon.

SWIM then sticks a needle into the cotton and carefully draws a syringe full..

The filler or "wax" IS painful to shoot into muscle... def. a deterrent!

The first extraction seems to get mostly HM.. and little filler.
If SWIY continue to try and extract all remaining HM from the filler by adding more water SWIY will invariably be getting increasing amounts of filler along with the good stuff.. SWIM uses cool water to do a second or third extraction... its not perfect but better than warm or hot.

IF SWIY end up getting filler along with the hydromorph, it is a sharp pain as it is injected into a muscle, like injecting an acid... as well a small solid lump/knot will form in the muscle where SWIY injected the filler.. EVEN if filtered.

SWIM has gotten many lumps in their legs/arms from trying to get the last bit of goodness from the filler.. The lumps are not permanent and go away with time..say a week or 2 give or take a day or 2 or 3 ..depending on amount of filler injected ...and they are about as painful as a good bruise, sore to press until they're all gone.

SWIM NOW does as stated above.. FIRST extraction with warm/hot water and subsequent extractions with cool/cold water with more stirring and time for it to dissolve. OR simply add some water and lick the spoon clean...doing the last filler and remaining Hydromorph left in it, orally.

SWIM has a tolerance of shooting 2x12mg PLUS snorting a 12mg PLUS swallowing an uncrushed 12mg pill or 2!

SWIM hardly gets a rush now.. just a relief of pain, a feeling of well being and normalcy.
SWIM had to get 100mg morphine pills one time to get thru the end of the month..having mismanaged his prescription... and it is true..Dilaudid is 7-8 times more potent than morphine.. 25 mg of morphine is like 3mg Hydromorph.
SWIM was doing 25mg of morphine at a time (100mg cut into quarters)
and was barely holding the withdrawal at bay having to re-dose every 4-6 hours... but slowly built up to once every 12 hours, to feel normal and not sick.

whatthefuck.. We DONT really know where you're coming from...8)
We ALL are trying to give clear and SAFE as possible information to avoid a tragedy..
So you think someone should do it with NO advise or information at all???
THOSE are most likely the people who would overdose..and die

For example maybe NOT KNOWING that Hydromorph is 7-8 as potent and using the same amount of hydromorph as they would morphine..

SO if they are used to shooting 100-200 mg of morphine and try shooting 100-200mg of dilaudid/hydromorph..they very well might die.. because that would be like shooting 700-800mg of morphine.

Last edited:
Could someone please tell me the best method for IV Jurnista 16mg or 8mg. I will have a few of each soon. Thanks

Don't bother your going to get innacurate dosages and waste a whole lot, if your super keen I believe you can follow the Concerta method.

Those Jurnista tablets are a big fuck around, I need to use a steak knife just to cut it into 1/4's

Status
Not open for further replies.