• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PsyTrance

lol didn't realize this was a contest here, and also, way to elaborate on what "real trance" is, seriously can you get anymore obnoxious and narcissistic?
30.gif

I've been listening to EDM before you heard the song "Sandstorm" by Darude...

Lighten up! I just thought it was funny that you like vocal trance, but psytrance is "goofy." 8)

Oh man, I was at that show tripping FACE. :D I at like 4 hits of strong acid and walked two blocks down the street to the venue with my buddies, all of them tripping as well, it was so much fun. We even walked back to my place for a minute during the intermission to do a few bumps of K and smoke a joint, I bought some flame-ass molly from a dude in the bathroom when we got back, and I was able to snag *2* free hot and delicious pizzas before we left at the end. =D Good times. %)

Needless to say, the energy that night was just unmistakable, you can really hear it come through in the music. They just completely jammed out, and the crowd was so pumped, I swear that whole place was about to just explode and take off into space.

Ohh I'm planning on listening to some of this next time I trip, I love where they go with this music.

Swilow: I didn't go! :(. I came down with a cold and thought it better to wait it out inside and warm instead of outside, cold and with wicked music. :(

Oh that sucks...yeah I was working myself :\ BUT I am going to see Cradle of Filth soon...

I reckon different psy works for different moods; personally, I think being stoned and listening to some really complex psy-core sorta stuff to be utterly brilliant- mind shifting as freaky frequencies freak etc. Artists like protoculture are good for just chilling and reading to....as welll as dancing etc.

I think the reason psy can so sound generic or 'like music from commercials' is because it incorporates nearly every dance music style min there, albeit with a different outcome. If your not 'into' electronic music, a lot of it can sound samey. Which it is pretty much :) To me, theres a worl of differnce between an artist like Furious and Dlerious Noon, even though they are the same person.

As to "real" trance, aren't we getting a bit pokey here? Real trance is whatever hits you in THAT way; THAT way being the way trance hits :D But, by definition, vocal trance is not ther original- that said, neither is Goa or psy, its more the 80's EDM that got mixed up at goa etc. But that stuff is worlds away from todays music....

^ :)

Didn't mean to start a war in here..I just get extra protective of psytrance because it's done so much for me. I think most people in here can relate to that. :)

delerium
protoculture
astrix
electric universe
liquid soul
solar fields
ott

And a shitload of other remixes/feats.....

been listening to electronic music for almost a decade and honestly i don't understand the association between psychadelics and psytrance (outside of the name).

i sampled psytrance for about a year or 2 towards the beginnings of my EDM discovery. people like infected mushroom, astrix, astral projection, juno reactor. i dug it at the time (still do, in 30 minute sessions), but to this day i simply dont draw the connection between these psy styles and psychadelics substances.

give me idm styles any day of the week. that's psychadelic to me, on and off drugs.

Are Delerium and Enigma considered Psytrance? I got introduced to E and both those groups at the same time by this chick that I was seeing in college. And damn, that is some AMAZING music to have playing while spending some "intimate" time with your significant other....

been listening to electronic music for almost a decade and honestly i don't understand the association between psychadelics and psytrance (outside of the name).

i sampled psytrance for about a year or 2 towards the beginnings of my EDM discovery. people like infected mushroom, astrix, astral projection, juno reactor. i dug it at the time (still do, in 30 minute sessions), but to this day i simply dont draw the connection between these psy styles and psychadelics substances.

give me idm styles any day of the week. that's psychadelic to me, on and off drugs.

I feel that. Personally though, I'm more of a house/space disco kinda soul. I'll take someone like Lindstrom or Prins Thomas over psytrance any day.

For me it's easier to actually "trance". I mean there are some really good ass Trance songs that are "trancey", and sound pretty instant-classic oldschool Trance. But usually Trance doesn't make me trance, but want to dance and just superbly happy. With Psy, I find I'm always trancing out, looking within while looking out...it seems like it just lends itself better to psychedelics.

couldn't have put it better myself.

we were all sitting around a camp fire making jokes when the cops showed up to the festival and the music stopped for like half an hour...

it was just the sounds of nature at a music festival so we dubbed it "nature psy" because we were all tripping face....

Being a psy DJ I'm kinda biased, but I find the two go hand in hand for the most part... I'm not such a fan of darker styles while tripping mad balls, or anything over about 150bpm.

Then again, I'm equally happy to just bliss out on a bearskin rug, naked with a headful of acid and writhing while Hendrix blares into my four-am neighbourhood...

SHPONGLE!!!!

hallucinogen
1200 micrograms
bassnectar
younger brother
goa trance

Shpongle and 1200 mics own!

indeed, my only psy fest was at cherokee farms....

beautiful bit of country.

also the location for alchemy, the Georgia burn in october...