• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PsyTrance

any and all tracks from the australian label Zenon Records

deep, intelligent minimal psy, not full on bangy shit but more thoughful and heaps more trippy for home times

just saw tetrameth at an outdoor party in tassie, that man is a god!

psytrance is good, but i much prefer psyambient. Roger&Me, one half of shpongle, raja ram, studied classical flute for 4 years in melbourne, then jazz flute for a few more years in america. This is why I love them so much, they have the crazy electronic sounds, but then this natural, wonderful flute shoots through, such a pure sound! Ive got Shpongle - Tales on the Inexpressible saved for my next trip, listening to music you have never heard before on acid is wonderful!

Fuck. just saw my post as 666. need to change that. this post is just for that 7 to kick the 6 out

p.s

enjoy ur psy.

For me its the best outdoors at a small party with all like minded people who enter the party as strangers and finish the party as friends.

peace

I've always found psytrance (even while tripping face on LSD), to be kind of boring. But hear me out here: its not that I don't like the music, in fact I've heard some very good psytrance tracks (for instance a couple of tracks that our friend swilow made are very high quality pieces of music, some of the best psy I've heard TBH -- I think because the melodies are spot on and I'm a sucker for a great melody. I'm also, of course, a fan of the classics like shpongle, hallucinogen, ott, infected mushroom, et al.).

The reason that I think that psytrace is a bit boring, though, is because there's no interaction between musicians -- its computerized and not spontaneous; which bothers me a lot. I'm obsessed with the phenomenon of creating music absolutely in the moment as a cooperative creative energy between musicians. I'm a huge fan of bands that incorporate elements of trance into their improvised music; one band that does this superbly is Perpetual Groove. If anybody is interested in hearing a great live show of theirs (that I was at, incidentally :D) you should definitely check this out (part one is actually the bottom one on the playlist, which is kinda weird, but start on that one -- the music starts at about 1minute 25seconds in, I guess the guy was a bit late plugging into the soundboard). I think some of you psy guys might find it interesting, and if you like making psy tracks you might be able to get some inspiration from their take on synthesizing the genre into their broader approach towards music in general.

Anyways, I'm not trying to diss psytrance, its great music no doubt. I'm just throwing one of my opinions out there. What can I say, though, I'm a Deadhead and live improvised music is my cup of tea. Much love to my psytrance brothers and sisters, though. :)

I prefer jam stuff too man. Perpetual Groove is alright, I've dug them a few times. I'm more of a Biscuits, Sound Tribe, Lotus, Signal Path man myself.

For Me? Psysex, Infected Mushroom, Yahel, Shpongle, X-Dream.
But Pete Tong, DJ Dan, Micro, Icey and Baby Anne all still rock when I'm trippin.

omg...thanks guys and gals....I am totally turned on to Liquid Soul and Solar Fields!!!!!!!

ate some DOM mid day Saturday and tripped through until Sunday... and it was fucking fantastic.... DOM was the first time i have experienced visual/auditory synesthesia. Bass sending ripples through reality.... it looked like a shock wave in the air...

That sounds fucking unbelievable. Heard of this happening before on DO*.

Psy Trance & Psychedelics = unbelievable.

PsyTrance is the only way to trip, baby!

I like lots of different types of music, especially electronic. Still, I just can't get into most of the hardcore techno played at raves/clubs today.

I dig house, trance, down tempo, and ambient, but psytrance is seriously the best for straight tripping, IMHO.

Listen to this and be astounded at both the music and the vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uui7QhKcIE

any and all tracks from the australian label Zenon Records

just saw tetrameth at an outdoor party in tassie, that man is a god!

Zenon is a really good music label with fantastic artists under the name...
especially tetrameth.
how incredible is his live set.

On Psychedelics?

Mostly Classic Rock, but mixing it up with a little Progressive and Chillout can be pretty welcoming.

WMP: http://www.di.fm/wma/chillout.asx

WINAMP: http://www.di.fm/mp3/chillout.pls

PsyTrance is a little too weird for me, it sounds like that fake-techno they play in Movies anytime there's a Club scene or in commercials. It's almost like a parody of techno and trance, but somehow people actually like it.

PsyTrance is the only way to trip, baby!

I like lots of different types of music, especially electronic. Still, I just can't get into most of the hardcore techno played at raves/clubs today.

I dig house, trance, down tempo, and ambient, but psytrance is seriously the best for straight tripping, IMHO.

Listen to this and be astounded at both the music and the vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uui7QhKcIE

hardstyle is best for rolling, cause of the really deep base and a nice drum line

Ya know its acctually my favorite style right now.... but I dont have enough of it. I've been getting into trance and I really love the simple flowing beat that you can move your feet to. Nothing like lights or fire to bring on a wild audio/vis adventure :D I'm very much going to take advantage and find some songs and I thank all you people who posted the info.

With or without drugs, psy is my favorite music. BUT, when you throw some acid in there, hold on! It's amazing to dance to while tripping.

Some good artists? Jeez..um, Scorb, Artifakt, and Ajja are probably most-played on my iPod.