• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much oxycodone would it take to overdose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could give you LD50 numbers for mice and rats, but you can look that up. That doesn't tell you what it takes to kill a human, but it's the closest thing you can get. 80-100mg is kind of high if you don't have a big tolerance you'd probably get a good experience from 40mg in a night or so... I'm guessing 80mg of oxycodone alone isn't close to being lethal, but it could easily make you really sick. Taking too much can be unpleasant.

In all truth, 80 mg or less would be a likely candidate for any opiate naive person if combined with any number of common drugs or alcohol. And it is almost always combination that causes the OD.

i've never like passed-out od on oxy before, but when i would take too much, i would just get sick. i've always pushed how much i can do, and it cost me greatly. my tolerance is insanely high right now. to get high off oxy, i have to take about 13-14 roxi 30s. it sucks, and it's a complete waste of money, so

needless to say, i haven't been high from opiates in a while. the only thing that kind of gets me high is the relief i get from taking some after withdrawing

I hear ya. My tolerance is also extremely high. I can take 4 30mg Roxi's and barely catch a buzz. But now, i'm in the process of detoxing so I can get off all this shit. I am sick of needing to know where my next pill will come from AND what time I need to take my next one. It's just not worth it.

Also, the fear of being somewhere and not being able to get pills (like, let's say out of no where, you had to fly out of town) what would I do? I'd have to start withdrawing. And I don't know about you all, but when I detox, I can't function for 3 days.

You are SPOT ON! The fear of HAVING to have a pill SUCKS!!! And not knowing if you can get it or not...the anxiety kills ya. And recently, I found out I am going to have to be doing a lot of traveling. So, I detoxed starting on Saturday (but of course, relapsed on day 4...im so stupid....grrrrr). The fear of the unknown. BRUTAL!

Last edited:
i think this thread could cause more harm than good. there is no true max dose for a lot of opiates, and is only limited by the users tolerance.

we are all different

you can od anytime anywhere dependind on your tolerence,the method you choose to consume,and anything else you mix it with.My script of blue 30s is 240 a month,and i always run out.good thing i also recieve morph's, bars, and my dones incase of emergency.Obviously i have a little tolerance from over the years.This is not a bragging contest and pushing your limits on opiates just to find your stamina is not cool.:( If one oxy 30 can make you nod and feel good leave it at that. Your loved ones and pocketbook will have more respect for you.I just happened to look up this thread because i had surgery 2 days ago and have run thru about 50 30s today alone. It's only 5 in the afternoon still .Not to mention some morphs and relaxers i have consumed throughout..The 30's were inhaled.Everyone is different,be careful,don't kill yourself.Be in control of your mind and actions and you should be OK. Watch your respiratory rate. Take Care,Enjoy Life,Party Safe.%)

^yeah i think you're right. i'm going to close this thread down now and archive it, it's run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.