Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 14.4.09 - Stolen pill press sparks ecstasy fears

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Stolen pill press sparks ecstasy fears

* Chris Barrett
* April 14, 2009

A industrial pill press stolen near Ipswich at the weekend has the capacity to churn out up to 3000 ecstasy tablets a minute, police say.

The press was stolen from inside the premises of a pet food manufacturer at Carole Park on Sunday along with associated stamping tools and "an amount of chemicals that would assist in the production of dangerous drugs".

Detective Sergeant Kevin Archer of Ipswich District CIB said the industrial-size press' capacity to produce ecstasy and other illegal tablets at a frightening rate was a serious concern.

"It's very rare we have presses like that stolen," he said.

"We're looking at anywhere between 750 to 3000 tablets a minute so they're capable of whacking a few out. That's our major concern."

He said the pet food factory had been broken into earlier this year and police were investigating links between the two incidents.

Police are bracing for further thefts of such devices as illegal drug manufacturers feel the strain from the plans of police ministers around the country to push the Federal Government for import controls on pill presses.

Anyone with information should contact Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.watoday.com.au/qld-news/stolen-pill-press-sparks-ecstasy-fears-20090414-a5eh.html

Only just saw this ... better late than never ...

Hopefully it got into the hands of someone with the best interests of Australia's pingerhead population at heart :)

Believe it or not (I didn't till I saw it for myself)...there were two pill presses being sold on Ebay Australia recently. No need to produce any form of ID or credentials when purchasing.

Keep an eye out for pills that are shaped like dog biccies!

^ yea and from what ive heard they are very, very expensive and highly incriminating in court. You really need good connections to get one.

A simple press could be made with a few machined parts and some sort of driving motor.

Any half arsed fitter could make one in a day

Government regulations on pill presses... Only making it harder for their legitimate use

One of my dad's friend used to have a machine that pressed sherbert and stuff into candy. I'm sure that people have used these for drug purposes before. Although..kinda slow

^ yea and from what ive heard they are very, very expensive and highly incriminating in court. You really need good connections to get one.

I wonder why they don't just sell molly instead, skip the whole pressing process...

One of my dad's friend used to have a machine that pressed sherbert and stuff into candy. I'm sure that people have used these for drug purposes before. Although..kinda slow

Yep .. actually alot of presses out there that are novelty shape stamps are actually lolly making machines from mexico ;) and yes they dont pump out as much pills per hour than some of the very more expensive ones.

so when you see a heart shaped pill or similar they are candy presses that are used to make heart shaped lollys for valentines day ...

I know this because when I was young they used to have heart shaped musk lollys that look indetical to some of the heart shaped pills we have seen in the last couple years.Alot of confectionery is made in china or mexico these days where alot of pill presses are also made.

When ordering a press from mexico it is labeled as a confectionery maker which customs used to let in without giving it a second thought ... but now ... no chance ... very hard to get these days ... but yes a machinist or a mechanical engineer could make from scratch.

all presses have to be registered with serial number etc and a permit to obtain and used.

The people in charge of security for that pill press are in alot of trouble and will have police investigate them to the max to ensure it was not an inside job.

Last edited:
Shit...with that pill press gone there may be a shortage in the months to come.
Better stock up NOW on your heart worm pingers people!!!!

Theyre going to press cat food mixed with cat dewormer
Sounds good to me! Personally I can't wait! I have cats to feed and de-worm .... well hey, no kitty deserves to be un treated.... =(

Yep .. actually alot of presses out there that are novelty shape stamps are actually lolly making machines from mexico ;) and yes they dont pump out as much pills per hour than some of the very more expensive ones.

so when you see a heart shaped pill or similar they are candy presses that are used to make heart shaped lollys for valentines day ...

I know this because when I was young they used to have heart shaped musk lollys that look indetical to some of the heart shaped pills we have seen in the last couple years.Alot of confectionery is made in china or mexico these days where alot of pill presses are also made.

When ordering a press from mexico it is labeled as a confectionery maker which customs used to let in without giving it a second thought ... but now ... no chance ... very hard to get these days ... but yes a machinist or a mechanical engineer could make from scratch.

all presses have to be registered with serial number etc and a permit to obtain and used.

The people in charge of security for that pill press are in alot of trouble and will have police investigate them to the max to ensure it was not an inside job.

Doubtful security would be involved, they would have done the original burg months early purely for recon. Gone in messed the place up a bit, mabye stole minor items of worth, made it look like kids and junkies but really they were probably taking a whole lot of photos and mental notes to come back for the press months later when the original minor burg is long forgotten about.

plzzzzzzzz press good mdma pills with it!! lol

Oh god this can't be good for the market as for quality wise.

If you can get large amounts of MDMA like as in kilos worth of it then surely you would be able to get your hands on pill presses... In saying that I don't think these guys intension are in the right place for the end users, only to make their pockets a little bit more deeper. Or this is there first effort to try and go big time.

It will be funny to see if the cops catch them for the pill press while they are in possession of hundreds of thousands of pill... Let's hope they catch them before they start pressing though.