• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo noob: 1mg Xanax, 10mg Valium, or 2mg Ativan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found 5mg Valium to be close to 1mg Ativan. In fact, I would say the 5 to 1, Valium is stronger for me. At least as an anti-anxiety med. I didn't find either messed me up too bad just on their own.

Its all a matter of opinion, but I say don't go with the Ativan. I've never heard anyone say that ativan does anything for them that differs much from valium or xanax. Especially if it's more expensive.

Past that it's more personal preference. Xanax is fast acting, and faster to leave the body. Recreationally I've heard it's better (although I've never done it). Valium takes longer to hit you, and leaves later; and although people always say it's shit compared to xanax, I wouldn't take their word for it. Yes, it takes more Mgs to affect you, but in the end it can have more or less strength.

On a personal note, Valium is by far my favorite benzo that I've tried. (out of Clonazepam, Valium (Diazepam), Midazolam and some ativans at one point. (Which never made me high and on one occasion made me throw up after half a beer)

Valium I always found to the weakest, Xanax is my all-time favorite but im prescribed to 2.5 mg's of klonopin per day.

I am a benzo abuser, and right now I took my morning 1mg of klonopin, I used to take up to 30mg of xanax a day along with 70mg of valium, 12 mg of ativan and god knows how much klonopin. I went through terrible withdrawls, Died in detox for a few seconds during a seizure.. so Im not going back that route

but I still get .5 xanax's from friends to add to my klonopin, and since its new years I got 9 .5 myland xanax, 2 .5 football xanax, and 7 and a half 5mg valium, along with 1mg of ativan I had left over and saved for new years.

To me Xanax is the holy grail but lasts like 3 - 4 hours MAX for me, and I take all my benzos sublingually under the tongue. If you are ableto get all three and mix them then you'll have fun. my example is tonight I'll be taking another 1.5mg of klonopin, 22.5 mg of valium, and 3.5 mg of xanax all at once. right now after my dose of adderall Im sped up so I took my 1mg of klonopin and am about to sublingually take 15mg of valium, and 2mg of xanax to speedball with it and hold me over for my big dose. I figure around 5-6PM to take the klonopin and valium because they last so long, and then take the short acting xanax and ativan together around 8-9PM and that should bring me hapilly into the new year at midnight.

my suggestion even though your not asking, is to mix them. it's the best way to do it. I know you want to know which to pick, but if you took 1mg of xanax, 10mg of valium, and 2mg of ativan you'd be a very happy person if you don't have tolerance, and if you can find any Klonopin <3 (my second favorite benzo VERY close to xanax in my standards) then you have a masterpiece. In my opinion I don't like to take just one kind of benzo, I like to atleast mix two everyday so you get a synergy effect. Thats me atleast and what is safe for me could be dangerous to you. so just think smart. and heres my list.

Xanax - Klonopin - Valium/Ativan are tied. reason being Valium lasts longer and also seems to relax my tense back muscles, while ativan gives me more euphoria. they seem equal in anxiety relief. But xanax and Klonopin are miles ahead in euphoria and anxiety relief, but don't have the muscle relaxing effect I get from Valium or Ativan (mostly valium), don't know why but valium just does that, when I pulled major back muscles (im a personal trainer) the doctor gave me 30 10mg valium, and 15 10mg Flexeril and told me (Take 1 valium early in the day to relieve the pain, and take the Flexeril in the middle/evening to complete the synergy and will allow you to sleep well).

I don't know how accurate this doctor was, but from personal experience Valium def. does that.

anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR I know I'll be having one.

PS be careful drinking on any benzo, I am not a fan of alcohol at all, but I know I will be having one glass of champagne tonight, that one class is going to intensify the benzo's greatly and to some people could even be fatal. Note that I also take 8mg of SUBUTEX everyday which is also a bad mix with alcohol (especially all three).

Stay safe, but have fun and as I always say "Chill out and just let the euphoria come to you" Benzo's are my favorite drug and from now on always will be (it used to be oxys, opana and heroin, any opiate really) but I feel I matured past that stage, take my subutex which i am used to, and no longer get a buzz off of it, but it calms me down within 15 minutes of taking it, the adderall speeds me up, so the benzos calm down again and I get an amazing synergy speed ball going.

I live on the edge and it brought me to ruins and I over the past 6 months rebuilt my life, I'll never go for the doses I took prior ever again, but will always keep benzos as my best artificial friend.

Goodluck and if you can get all three do it, if not take my information and decide what experience you want to enjoy, they all offer different feelings of euphoria and relaxation.

~ Wind

Also when you take any of them, find 100% grapefruit juice and drink it 30-45 minutes prior to taking or sublingually taking the drug, it actually makes benzos stronger. you can look up information on it, it sounds weird but its no BS. It really makes a difference that is noticable, to me it changes 1mg of xanax to close to 2mg of xanax in the feeling I get. so take that advice as well.

^ those tables arent accurate and are usually desighned for withdrawl schedules. also individual reactions are very variable. for me 2mg ativan does NOT come close to even 10mg valium. and forget it even comparing to 1mg xanax. but for me 10mg valium seems stronger to me than 1mg xanax. and ive been prescribed all three so i have a good way to compare.;)

I think brand names and generics make a HUGE difference, for example the brand name xanax .5 makes me feel the same as taking 4 .5 xanax mylan brand, its def not placebo.

When I took 10mg Brand name Valium it was wonderful, I currently have these 5mg mylan valium and I bet i'd have to take all 7.5 at once to feel the same as the brand name.

what I don't understand is I have one of the best insurances, I pay 5 dollars for 60 30mg brand name adderalls as a co-pay, 5 dollars for my generic klonopin. Why can't I ask for brand name? my insurance MUST be able to cover it? next refill on my klonopin I am going to demand the real deal, and I will post here to confirm that I bet the 2.5 mgs I take of this generic klonopin, with brand name will feel like taking 5mg or more. Its crazy how that works. mylan is trash in my opinion. So if you can tell me what brand you where taking I'll understand your statement more

then again even if your taking a crap brand, different strokes for different folks, everyone has different body chemistry. --- Cheers! glad they're are so many Benzonauts like me.

Let's talk about Ativan! I have extreme spasms in my neck/shoulders from arthritic neck. Will Ativan do the trick while helping me sleep too? Seroquel doesn't really even do the trick sometimes, but mostly I need info on using Ativan to cover the pain that morphine doesn't. Anybody know? Thanks! :D

1mg Xanax. I started with 1.5mg of it and blacked out, ended up taking an extra 1mg. Xanax is the classic benzo, and its effects are typical of the benzo family. One bit of advice- don't keep taking more and more pills once the initial dose has been taken. There is ZERO euphoria from benzos in my experience, but I always compulsivley dose more and more trying to chase a high that isin't there. At best with a tolerance, you will enter a fuzzy dreamworld with no anxiety, but it is no where near as fun as that sounds. With no tolerance you will just pass the fuck out.

For me klonopin feels very good but I have to find a different muscle relaxer so I will ask my doc for something else in a week. Benzos are the bomb when you have arthritic neck.

How long(months,years?) will the muscle relaxing effects of benzos last without increasing the dose? Thanks :)

From my experience, within 4 - 6 weeks for the first time. After increasing once or twice it will just take a maximum of 3 weeks until you need to increase again IMO/E..

From my experience, within 4 - 6 weeks for the first time. After increasing once or twice it will just take a maximum of 3 weeks until you need to increase again IMO/E..
Holy sheisse! That means benzos are REALLY only for non-daily use! I better keep it cool if my doc prescribes me some Ativan for my ever spasming neck muscles...

The pain relieving effects of opiates can last long after the high is gone, or so I've read. Is there any effect that lasts with benzos long after the buzz is gone? The blackouts,lol?

It depends what benzo you take. Valium for instance will last a long time, sometimes until the next day. Some strange things happen when some of us use benzos though. I remember having taking a couple of Bromazepams and didn´t feel much, however on the next day I was super relaxed.

It only happens once or twice. Valium on the other hand has a terrific great life time and it´s good for withdraws, alcohol for example.

Ativan is normally prescribed for opiates withdraws..and if you keep taking as prescribed it will make you feel better.

If you´ve been to a doctor this has a great chance to work better than before.

Last edited:
Holy sheisse! That means benzos are REALLY only for non-daily use! I better keep it cool if my doc prescribes me some Ativan for my ever spasming neck muscles...

If you use it to make it easier on your withdraws and you take it as prescribed it will be just fine.
There will be additional meds you will also take to go with that and it really depends oh how much you use.

I believe that it may last a long time if you use it wisely. Keep it on low doses even if the effects diminish a little bit.
The relaxing will decrease just a little, not enough to increase the dose.

I have been taking some relaxants for over three months on the same dose. It can work as long as you don´t take them recreationally.

Last edited:
Thanks man!!!!!!!! I'm gonna go see about some valerian or skullcap tea :) Maybe kava dose.

How bout u take the medicine as prescribed and not abuse it whatever it is people like u give people like me a bad rap and that's y drs won't prescribe shit anymore

How bout u take the medicine as prescribed and not abuse it whatever it is people like u give people like me a bad rap and that's y drs won't prescribe shit anymore

Well Benzodiazepines are building tolerances very fast and that's the reason why they are so addictive. But besides increasing their dosages it is also possible to replacing them the only factor which have to be match is the half-time.
Diazepam can be replaced with Bromazepam for example due their almost equal effect and equal half-time.
or
Lorazepam can be replaced with Oxazepam due their almost equal effect and equal half-time.
For more replacements you can use this Wikipedia list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

Status
Not open for further replies.