• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Question About Kratom For Suboxone Withdrawl

well one thing i know for sure doing h would definitely make it worse.. especially if you've made it a point not to do it for the past year or so

You understand that anything that activates the opiate receptor (ie makes you feel better) is only going to prolong your WDs, right? Your body doesnt know the difference between kratom or oxycodone or heroin... all these compounds activate the same receptors.
So using kratom isnt going to get you clean... it may make it easy to get off suboxone but you;ll then have to WD off heroin or kratom. There is no pain-free method

I swear kratom made my suboxone W/Ds better I waited a day or two for the w/d to actually kick in fully than I would parachute some Super Green Indo, Usally 10-20g depending on how I felt 20g to start to ease and 10-20g every few hours to keep me feeling better, and it worked just fine to keep me feeling good, and when I ran out the W/Ds were basicly gone. But Im back on oxycodone again so I guess I really didnt wanna quit opiates.

Ok i agree with the fact that heroin will not help, and i am not going to touch that while withdrawing. Although, it is hard to find some hard evidence with the kratom. I had ordered kratom a while ago, and i didn't do anything to me. So my assumption is that it is not too strong. Thank you all for responding to my question, but i think I'm going to try out the kratom. I have scoured the net for hours, and i have found more positive things about kratom for withdrawing, than negative. I will keep you posted on my progress, and i will approach this in an experimental fashion, so the data i post will be somewhat relevant.

Since i am new to this forum, would it be appropriate to post my findings in this part of the forum?

sub w/d isn't really that bad. You are already at a pretty low dose. Start tapering now.
Cut 0.5mg each day, it really won't be that bad. I don't even feel a jump from 6mg to 2mg.
Day 1 - 4mg, since you said u want to stop in a week.
2 3.5
3 3
4 2.5
5 2
6 1.5
7 1mg
but the more you can drop now, the easier it will be come w/d time.

suboxone w/ds are not intense, like oxy or H w/ds. You'll feel weak, that will be your main thing. Exercising helps, start exercising now to build up strength. You'll get very little hot flashes, some body pains, some RSL, insomnia. Nothing major. It will take you about a week to feel normal.

3 main things you'll deal with - insomnia, weakness, RLS

klonidine is great for things like hot flashes

RLS - benzos but only when u really need them cuz they are also addictive, work best, also exercise helps, taking hot baths/showers

weakness - just know u'll feel especially weak during this time so plan accordingly

insomnia - ambien, if u really need to go the meds way, but if u aren't going to be doing anything during this time, just don't sleep if u can't and sleep when u can

My husband did it the smartest way I ever seen anyone get off meds. He tapered from higher mgs to tiny crumbs. He had like 50 crumbs in his pill bottle, would put them on his hand and pick out the the largest one until they were gone. He had almost no complaints. He had to work the entire time so he couldn't just stop cold turkey from 4mg like you will.

I'm personally on maybe 0.3mg per day and I was on 4-6mg two weeks ago. Didn't even really feel the tapper. I'm not planning on stopping. Just want to save money. I like this med for the pain relief it offers.

I was down to 2mg when I stoped my suboxone, I was at 16mg to start, but yea taper down then kratom will work with easing W/Ds alot, benzos will help too. I always have benzos around so I forgot to add that to my last reply.

And maybe taking one last dose of H or oxy before you start using kratom might help, becasue it will clear the bupe from your receptors.

I don't know why people don't say this more but exercise is an extremely effective substitute for any drug... it naturally produces serotonin, endorphins, and dopamine, all the stuff those drugs artificially produce for you. Exercise also helps reduce the length of the withdrawal as well... just work out until you want to puke and after that you'll feel much better

I agree with the people promoting exercise, but there is more to it than that. I would be cautious of how you exercise when you are fresh off the opiates. I am saying this becuase, every time i detoxed off heroin/oxy contin i would get into this exercise mode. I would goto the gym, and then be sore as hell and have my excuse to get high. Now a light walk would not be detrimental, but going to the gym and pumping iron i would veer away from. I used to be an avid body builder, and i would love to get back to the gym but i'm going to wait at least a couple of months before i start getting into that again.

Hey Swim, I was addicted to opiates for about 4 years and went to Suboxone to kick my habit. I slowly tapered down and was amazed that the Sub w/d was a piece of cake after experiencing horrible w/d from oxy's.

After slowly tapering down to 2mgs a day for 2 days, I was finally out. I was prepared to be extremely sick, worshiping the porcelain gods but to my surprise it wasn't bad at all. I felt a little run down, but not sick. I did have trouble sleeping but other than that, it really wasn't that bad.

I hope this helps. Good luck

Ok so this is an update of my situation. I am 12 days clean off the suboxone, and I'm just finally loosing the effects of withdrawal. I did a couple bags of heroin the first two days before i quit the suboxone so i could "clear my receptors". I didn't even get high i just got intense headaches from it. I also opted not to use the kratom since i figured i might as well just get off everything.

The first 5 days were hell no sleep RLS
Day 6,7 felt a little better light 6-8 hours light RLS
Day 7, 8, 9 was bordem, depression and slight withdrawals light RLS
Day 10, 11 massive amounts of fatigue combined with intermittent signs of withdrawal only RLS in the morning
Day 12 I would say my energy is around 60%, i take naps in the afternoon which i never have done in my life. The RLS was still there in the morning but for the most part it isn't that bad.

I would suggest to anyone coming of suboxone take a good two weeks off of whatever your doing since you will need it. I also did a lot of research on the topic. Some people say suboxone withdrawal can last for up to 6 weeks which i think is bull shit. Yea I'm not feeling at my fighting best right now but I'm not feeling like i hate my life.

All and all i would say my experience with suboxone was a positive one. I had about 6 months to get my life together and see what its like to live a life without feeling like shit every couple weeks i tried to kick heroin. It gave me the opportunity to build a group of new friends who didn't do opiates.

For all those who say that suboxone withdrawals last forever and are longer than dope are wrong. This is because most people who kick dope only get clean for a week or so and they are back to it (Or at least this was true for me).

Here are some good links that help me get through it:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk/my-suboxone-withdrawal-diary-52540.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvP0nLm95Hw

I was down to 2mg when I stoped my suboxone, I was at 16mg to start, but yea taper down then kratom will work with easing W/Ds alot, benzos will help too. I always have benzos around so I forgot to add that to my last reply.

And maybe taking one last dose of H or oxy before you start using kratom might help, becasue it will clear the bupe from your receptors.

I really don't see H or oxy clearing bupe from your receptors. If this is true I'd love to read up but, as far as I know you might break through the bupe with H or oxy. I just don't think you would necessarily remove it.

Anyways ZYGGY's husband did the same thing as me and it worked really well. Good luck.

No, Heroin wouldn't clear the receptors. Bupe has a much higher affinity and wouldn't budge

You'd just be wasting heroin. If you didn't get high, that's a waste of it. The buprenorphine is highly bound to fat, meaning it's going to be stuck in your system much longer after you've wasted the heroin.

Day 18 : So far so good! I would say that my energy is back. My sleep is 90% as i am sleeping 8-10 hours a night. Still sneezing but i would attribute a decent amount of this to allergy season. Mornings are the toughest part of the day, as i am learning how to get up in the morning without fake energy. I will admit to some cravings at night, but a bowl of some goodness does the trick. All and all things seem to be getting better from here. I will try and keep you all posted at least weekly.

So far anyone looking to get off suboxone just use me as proof that it can be done.

Day 26 : Everything is cool. Withdrawals are basically non existent. I am sleeping good, and i feel good. The temptation to get high is there, but the stupidity to do it is slowly going away, while the common sense to stay clean is coming back.

Well done swim. Keep it up you're doing so well! Can I ask out of curiosity did you find any new hobbies or activities to occupy your time?