• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Question About Kratom For Suboxone Withdrawl

Good shit bro. Finding a new passion is a key part of doing it right. If I had a nickle for every time I heard an addict say "I was doing so good but I just get bored" I'd have a lot of nickles lol.

sub w/d isn't really that bad. You are already at a pretty low dose. Start tapering now.
Cut 0.5mg each day, it really won't be that bad. I don't even feel a jump from 6mg to 2mg.
Day 1 - 4mg, since you said u want to stop in a week.
2 3.5
3 3
4 2.5
5 2
6 1.5
7 1mg
but the more you can drop now, the easier it will be come w/d time.

suboxone w/ds are not intense, like oxy or H w/ds. You'll feel weak, that will be your main thing. Exercising helps, start exercising now to build up strength. You'll get very little hot flashes, some body pains, some RSL, insomnia. Nothing major. It will take you about a week to feel normal.

3 main things you'll deal with - insomnia, weakness, RLS

klonidine is great for things like hot flashes

RLS - benzos but only when u really need them cuz they are also addictive, work best, also exercise helps, taking hot baths/showers

weakness - just know u'll feel especially weak during this time so plan accordingly

insomnia - ambien, if u really need to go the meds way, but if u aren't going to be doing anything during this time, just don't sleep if u can't and sleep when u can

My husband did it the smartest way I ever seen anyone get off meds. He tapered from higher mgs to tiny crumbs. He had like 50 crumbs in his pill bottle, would put them on his hand and pick out the the largest one until they were gone. He had almost no complaints. He had to work the entire time so he couldn't just stop cold turkey from 4mg like you will.

I'm personally on maybe 0.3mg per day and I was on 4-6mg two weeks ago. Didn't even really feel the tapper. I'm not planning on stopping. Just want to save money. I like this med for the pain relief it offers.

Thank you for giving me a positive outlook as I'm coming to an end with Subs.

this thread really helped me....i was on 8mg of suboxone. Then tapered down to 2mg. Then was on that 2mg for about 2 weeks and then with my last 2mg suboxone i split and half took 1mg, then 1mg the next day. Im on day 2 of being off suboxone, i have like 7grams of kratom...but i dont want to take it cause i feel it would just prolong the WD's....This isnt my first time tapering off suboxone, but this time i did it differently with a slow taper as aposed to an 11 day taper.

Kratom Works For ANY kind of opiate WD.

Hello, this is my first time writing on one of these boards. I have googled all kinds of things on withdrawals, from H, hydros, perocet, roxicet, methadone, and subooxone literally for YEARS! lol... Today I finally decided to register and give my experiences. To give a brief synopsis of what's ahead, I have to say that Kratom worked like a MIRACLE for my girlfriend withdrawing from 140mg of methadone a day habit, that she was on for many, many months... and I am currently using it to withdraw off of suboxone. Okay that's the short story to get your attention. Just know Kratom works, and I am trying to get a rehab center that is 20 miles from my house to utilize it. I plan to compile data on Kratom, that the doctors can use, instead of Suboxone or Methadone. So here goes mine, and my newly ex-girlfriend's story. If you currently take suboxone, methadone, any kind of opiate, hydro, perc, oxy, roxi, etc...and want to get off but don't know what to do....this is the post for you ....read on my friends. I am 36 yrs old. It started when I was in my late 20's when I opened up a business where I had to be on my feet all day. At first it was fine, but then after a year, the back pain became so bad, I had to see the doc. First thing he did? writes me a script for Hydrocodone 7.5/500. 30 day supply. Take 1-2 daily as needed for pain. I had taken hydros before. I was like 18 yrs old, and got my wisdom teeth out. I LOOOVVVEEEDDD it! lol. But when it ran out, I wasn't devouring the streets looking for more. Back to my late 20's. I started taking 1 hydro 7.5 every night when I got home from work because the back pain was so bad. I never took it at work, and I never ever abused it. I was dating a girl for 4 years, asked her to marry me, and we bought a $215,000 house together. (I live in NY). We lived in it for a year, before I called off the wedding and sold the house and broke up. I used to think that if I wasn't on any opiates, we would still be together? Opiates change the way you look at the world. they "change you mind". While taking the dros, I noticed I would make decisions I would never make if I didn't take them. fast forward a little bit...few years go by, and I'm still taking them. I have to now. If I don't, I can't work because the pain was sooooo bad! only difference is, now I'm buying them off the street, going from doc to doc to get scripts. the drug controlled my life. then when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I met a smoking hot 10 who enjoyed hydros just as much as I did. Her thing was back pain from 2 surgeries gone wrong. So now we are codependent on eachother. ewwww!!! fast forward....we break up...don't talk for a few months...she starts shooting H. I have now graduated from hydros to percs. I took 60 hydro 10/500's one day. the blue watsons. and the only thing that happened was I threw up for 3 hours. I'm lucky I didn't die. I've taken up to 160 mg of oxycodone at one time with little effect. this is when I knew I had to stop. my girfriend was now back in my life because she was on a methadone program. and I bought a few suboxones off the street and was taking them. We both desperately wanted off all opiates. I had read somewhere about this stuff called Krataom. So, being the nerd I am...I have my Masters of Science in biology, I researched the shit out of this stuff. And read nothing but good things. So I bought a shitload of all different kinds from a USA based company that does overnight delivery. It was a Friday, my girlfriends doctors were tapering her down from a 140mg dose of methadone very rapidly. To rapidly IMO....because she was going thru terrible withdrawals. So she gets her "take home dose for the weekend", and accidentally spills it on the rug. And it's a holidy weekend. so now she has to go 4 days with no methadone dosing. Luckily I had the Kratom I ordered. I prepared her approximately 10 grams of super Indo Kratom in a blender mixed with chocolate milk,(which actually doesn't even taste that bad), and gave it to her. Before I gave it to her she was a mess! cold/hot sweats, depression, anxiety, stomach cramps, diarehha, runny nose, eyes, yawning, creepy crawlys, etc...she was in HELL! 30 min after giving her the Kratom, she felt 100% normal. I continued to give her the Kratom every 4-5 hours until she could go back to clinic and get redosed. She eventually tapered down to 10mg of methadone, and then used Kratom for a few days to get over the next few days. then she stopped the Kratom all together. And guess what? she was fine! for the first time in literally 10 years, this girl was CLEAN :). She looked great, acted different, and was experiencing true joy. I found out a bunch of stuff that she had lied to me about when she was using and couldn't except it, so I told her I needed time alone to think and put things in perspective. She started shoothing H again :(. Now she's on a suboxone maintainence program, and will be tapering off soon...or so she says. As for myself. I am on day 3 of no suboxone, but am on a steady regimen of kratom. I will take it for a week or so, then taper off it. I have to tell you. I feel fine. My suboxone habit started around 4mg and I tapered down to 1mg, then jumped to Kratom. I was on suboxone for about 1 and 1/2 years. There isn't much data on Kratom on the internet. But from my experience, it's much much much better to use Kratom to get off opiates than suboxone or methadone. And for those of you thinking Kratom is weak, think again. My ex girlfriend was shoot 2 bundles a day and then to methadone, and 10 grams of Kratom helped her. It's unbelievable. Kratom is a funny plant tho. I bought a ton of different kinds, and experimented with all of them until I found the one that works for me. I hope this helps anyone reading this. I am on day 3 and will keep everyone posted. If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to private email me. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Last edited:
awesome story!

i too, just ordered 5 oz of kratom (4 oz maeng da and 1oz emerald thai) simply because i've been buying suboxone off the streets which are getting harder and harder to find these days. so I want off this stuff altogether, fingers crossed. I have maybe 1.5 mg of suboxone left to last me until my package arrives and im praying to god it holds me off, i couldnt find any suboxone last week for almost 5 days and it was hell to say the least. could you specify which one worked best for you? i've read conflicting reports on kratom and this is my first time trying it so im really excited to recieve my package tuesday at the latest, dang independence day!! :p your story has given me hope that i can get my life back, thanks for sharing it!!

Hey Joe,

I appreciate that my story gave you hope. It really means a lot. So today is day 5 no suboxone. I took just a little bit (half tblsp) kratom this morning. I honestly don't know what I'm feeling lol. The only thing I have to complain about is RLS, insomnia, and a complete lack of motivation. Other than that, I'm good :). My doc gave me vyvanse, which is an adult adhd drug, and I took that yesterday. It did give me energy, but made me sweat like a mofo. I wanted to say before that this girl I use to date was on suboxone for over a year. 24 mgs a day. Then she stopped, and felt ZERO withdrawals. The funny thing is that she didn't know about suboxone withdrawals. Her doc told her they didn't exist, and she attributes that to not going through it. I have ambien and xanax to help me sleep at night, and I think that is contributing to the lack of motivation. I plan on stopping that asap and going to start exercising and taking multivitamins. I suggest L-Tyrosine and B Complex in the morning on an empty stomach. you can take up to 5000 mg of L-Tyrosine, and only annoying side effect would be over stimulation. But it helps tremendously with energy. B-complex you can buy anywhere. The L-Tyrosine, I would buy at GNC. As for your questions. I ordered from a USA based company called ethnobotanicals. The kratom that is the 15th and 7th down from the top are the ones I have had success with. And it litterally takes 1 tablespoon. mix it with chocolate milk. But don't take too much or it will make you dizzy....blah. I hope this helps. I'll post back in a few days. Day 5 baby! Day 5!!! =D

knight33 - Would be particulary
interested in your jump from Sub to Kratom - SWIM is currently on Sub and would like to give this a try.

the people saying "suboxone withdrawal isnt that bad" apparently hasnt taken them very long. if you take them for a week or so while coming off of full agonists, no its not bad at all because you dont have time to get dependent on subs. i took 2mg a day for about 2 years and i could taper down to around .5mg but about 5 days later id feel start to feel sick and jumping off felt just as bad as the withdrawal from oxycontin did. plus, it would last so long eventually id say fuck this i need some energy and basically end up tapering back up. finally i had a car accident and fractured a few vertebrae, and being the addict i am, i was obviously very excited to milk it for whatever pain meds i could. they were reluctant to give me anything but gave me fentanyl patches because they think theres less abuse potential in a patch and needless to say i abused it and bought more pain pills off the street as well. 6 months later i was IV'ing 80mgs of oxymorphone 2 or 3 times a day and doing H with it or whatever i could manage to get. i went to rehab and they gave me 12mgs of sub a day at first but i started turning a lot of it down and within a week i was off and never had any serious withdrawal, just felt kinda lethargic and had to get used to feeling cold temperatures, sleeping without nodding out first and being normal again. the easiest way to get off sub is to go back to pain pills or dope for 6-8weeks then go back on sub for a week or two and its done. but most people cant afford that and for some, 8 weeks on dope is risking their lives because they get carried away (like me IV'ing 2 opana 40s and .2g of tar in every shot). after rehab i relapsed months later and now ive been back on sub for about 6 months. i quit going to the doc a month ago and i have 10mg left and having been taking .5mg a day for a week or so and i feel shitty basically all the time.

thats why im reading this because im looking for a way to make it off them easier (i did say easiER because i know its hard reguardless) other than going back on dope like i mentioned. does anybody know anything about those "kratomite" shots they have in some convenience stores? as in, how much is in it or how it compares to doses you guys have taken of extract, or how much money i would save if i just ordered kratom online? i just find it easier to go to the store and grab some if i need it. i took some when i was clean and a couple made me feel decent, but it didnt feel worth $10 a shot when i can get pharms or street drugs. im assuming with bupe being such a strong agonist ill need a lot. i tried tramadol to get off when i was on sub before but id take more and more up to like 1500mg and still feel withdrawal because it didnt bind strong enough and i would just end up throwing up. so um... dont try that lol it was very ignorant of me to do.

you are wrong about h kicking the buprenorphine off your opiate receptors

I was down to 2mg when I stoped my suboxone, I was at 16mg to start, but yea taper down then kratom will work with easing W/Ds alot, benzos will help too. I always have benzos around so I forgot to add that to my last reply.

And maybe taking one last dose of H or oxy before you start using kratom might help, becasue it will clear the bupe from your receptors.

your information is WRONG buprenorphine binds to your opiate receptors harder than any other opiate nothing will kick it off your opiate receptors and not even narcane in fact why you're on buprenorphine or while its on your opiate receptors no other opiates will affect you or even touch your opiate receptors and if you take bupe while on any other opiate it will kick it off the receptors and send you into precipitated withdrawals which is horrible and it takes about 24 to 72 hours after you take buprenorphine before any other opiate will really even affect you time depends on your dose and how long you been taking it if you been on buprenorphine for months or years I've been on 8 milligrams for years it takes me about 36 hours for anything to affect me it all depends on how much bupe you been taking

buprenorphine binds to opiate receptors harder than any other opiate narcan will not even get it off them in fact if you take any other opiate while on buprenorphine it won't do nothing you're just wasting your meds it it takes about 24 to 72 hours for any other opiate to work depending on your dosage and how long you been taking the bupe for. and if you take buprenorphine while on any any other opiate or if opiates are on your receptors it will kick any other opiate off your receptors and send you an instant precipitated withdrawals which is horrible I know from a lot of experience and many detox and rehab centers I've been on bupe 8 milligrams bupe a day for years and it takes me about 32 hours before any other opiate will affect me after I take my last dose of buprenorphine

buprenorphine binds to opiate receptors harder than any other opiate narcan will not even get it off them in fact if you take any other opiate while on buprenorphine it won't do nothing you're just wasting your meds it it takes about 24 to 72 hours for any other opiate to work depending on your dosage and how long you been taking the bupe for. and if you take buprenorphine while on any any other opiate or if opiates are on your receptors it will kick any other opiate off your receptors and send you an instant precipitated withdrawals which is horrible I know from a lot of experience and many detox and rehab centers I've been on bupe 8 milligrams bupe a day for years and it takes me about 32 hours before any other opiate will affect me after I take my last dose of buprenorphine

Sufenta and a few other fentanyl analogue override bupe.

Swim opiates, i have been doing subs for over 3 years now , and cant seem to find anything that will take me away from them. I can count on one hand how many times ive done H, i pretty much started out with subs and stuck to it. RLS is unbearable bout day 5 , and the depression and lack of sleep really start taking over after a week . I have tried to stop quite a few times but i finially have a decent job and dont have time to lay around and any advise?

You need a VERY slow taper from subs, like months. w/e your dose is each day, cut it down 25% every ten days. and do not jump off at mg doses; you need to be well below 1mg/day (like 250mcg/day, or 1/32nd of a strip/pill) to jump off and not feel like shit.

Kratom was the miracle plant that saved my life

MUST READ if u want to get off suboxone or any opiate for that matter.. so ive been dealing with this back and forth thing from dope to subs for about a year now granted I could jump back and forth within an 8 hr period and get high as hell BUT!! I was only using .75 to 1mg strip a day.. my prior addiction to H was a 4 year deal I quit with the help of any type of xanax I could find. went through first 2-3 days and couldn't deal with it and got some xanax the next 3-4 flew by and when I ran outta Xanax I had gotten through most the w/ds cryed a lot for a day or 2 but no rls no lower back pain..

*RELAPSE* fastforward a year

Got back on the dope and sub deal for a whole year again before I just couldn't watch it destroy my life anymore. I ended up hearing of this plant called kratom so I decided to push all these posts off about it not working and prolonging your w/ds and just test it myself here are my results

DAYS 1-4 took 1 teaspoon of bali reserve kratom mixed with 1 teaspoon of borneo green leaf kratom for morning energy and relief then went to just 2 teaspoons bali reserve at night for relaxation, pain relief, euphoria I took more dose's the first 3 days (4-5 times a day then went to 3 times a day).. u wouldn't belive what this stuff does when u have an empty stomach takes severe rls and back pain away within an hours time..GONE!

DAYs 5-7 where the hardest b/c I cut my kratom into a 3rd I took it only to get sleep at night, just felt so unmotivated all day back pain and rls till I took the kratom then id stay awake another hour or 2 just enjoying my buzz and then passout (I was making myself wait 24 hours between doses cause I was really worried about kratom w/ds) BTW I felt better every single day throughout the 5-7 day period less and less rls and backpain

DAYS 8-11stopped all intake of anything no kratom no nothing b/c I felt good all day no back pain no rls. was somewhat difficult to sleep and had some body heat problems took valerian root and epsome salt baths to detox and relieve sleeplessness still getting better every day only getting around 4 hours sleep but better then none..

DAYS 12-ever: now I feel great all symptoms have subsided....

FOR ALL THE NAY SAYERS OUT THERE KRATOM DOES WORK AND WILL NOT PROLONG W.DS IF USED CORRECTLY

Great to hear your story..I have a very similar one. Long story short- shot heroin for a year and have been on a suboxone maintenance program for 5 years. Earlier this week I ran out of my subs with a week to go before my new script could get filled- after a couple days stayed going thru horrible withdrawls..read about the kratom online..researched it and purchased some red indo from the local head shop. I've been taking 7-9 grams every 4 hours and have been fine..better than fine!! Fully functional- this stuff is amazing. Wish i would have known about this before i got on the subs...I've been scared as shit to go off the subs fully..but now i have some hope that it will be a little more bearable when i do. Good luck!

I realize these threads get old but as people search for info they pop back up.

I've been researching kratom for a bit now and have some on the way.

My story is....well, since I was 12 I've had major anxiety, depression, panic attacks and OCD. I had more panic/anxiety attacks in middle school than I remember. Several hospital trips, some confused and concerned parents, and finally I land with a psychiatrist who specializes in OCD. For the next 9 years I'm on Luvox & the random Ativan.

Early 20s, stopped taking Luvox. Would learn later it screwed up some things with my development as a, uh, dude. I also started to feel indifferent to everything. Good news, bad news, everything was "eh" to me..most days I didn't care if I was alive or dead.

As a kid I was constantly anxious and that whole DARE program really landed on me in 5th grade. It was basically, "do drugs and you'll die." I was so anxious that I would lose my shit if the bus driver was a substitute. So naturally I strayed from any kind of drugs for a long time.

Mid-20s I went thru some rough patches and revisited my old doctor. Bounced around on some antidepressants, nothing really worked. Ended up working in a place where you're interacting and talking with coworkers nearly the whole shift. A good friend and I also found an excellent tattoo studio and started getting large scale pieces done. Another friend from said job (unbeknownst to me at the time) had a rough history with H but was getting loads of opiate pain pills at the time. She gave me a few, said that tattooing would suck less (true) and I was beaming like I'd never felt before.

Warm and tingly, fun and friendly, talkative and social, not the painfully shy introvert who constantly beat himself down. After years if psych drugs it was this that made me feel like the person I thought I should be.

Spent the next 8 years bouncing on and off pills. Whenever they were available, I was down. Then I started acquiring benzos and people would trade me. The stuff always seemed to find me. I'd run out and feel like a turd for a few days and be like oh well. It never failed, a couple days later someone would hit me up with something. I went thru them all, Lortab, percs, oxy, vicodin, opana, you name it. The supply chain was consistent for a while.

Then came methadone and suboxone. Had a month supply of methadone which I treated like regular old pills (dumb) and when they were gone I expected the same ordeal as with pills. Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. Spent three weeks crawling up the walls, barely sleeping, high anxiety and dry heaving every morning, barely functionable at work. It was the worst. Some green helped but didnt last long. You'd think I'd learn my lesson. And I did for a month or two.

Then things found me again. This time subs. Loved those even more than pills. For some that may not know, they've been studying the antidepressant effects of subs and find it works well ok those with PTSD and treatment resistant depression. So on and off subs I went for the last couple years. Several times saying I would kick them when they were gone but they'd always come back and I guess I just wasn't done.

Recently I tried going to a clinic to get on a plan and my own prescription for subs so I could ween down properly as the supply chain pretty much stopped. I've done several appts and still no word on when I may see the doctor. The rules have changed a ton when looking for suboxone treatment.

So here I am, day.. 6 or something without subs. I had some opana that last a few days to help ward off the wd's for a bit. Those are gone. Now I'm anxious as hell, green helps but saps me of my energy even more. Am prescribed kpins, only benzos I've ever had that's actually been somewhat helpful but also, an energy drainer when I already have little.

Read up on kratom all last night and decided to take the leap. Ordered some red vein stuff as well as some green maeng after reading the most positives about those two strains.

Should be here in a couple days so I'mma have to grind it out a little longer. I work in the evening too and I have a shit ton of work related anxiety so it doesn't help sitting around all day trying to feel comfortable for 5 minutes out of every 30. Sleep sucks, I can pass out fairly easily thanks to green and half a kpin but once I'm up about 5 hours later, my back and hips are killing me. Drinking lots of water and trying to push thru until this kratom gets here. Any suggestions for a first time use? I'll probably just do the toss & wash I guess. Any other advice in the meantime helps.

Also, thanks to the posters here who share experiences and knowledge. I've used this board for years to research and this is my first post. Hoping to get rid of the sub wd's and then using kratom as a mood enhancer..I'd rather use something natural than the pills doctors have been throwing at me for years.

In regards to

awesome story!

i too, just ordered 5 oz of kratom (4 oz maeng da and 1oz emerald thai) simply because i've been buying suboxone off the streets which are getting harder and harder to find these days. so I want off this stuff altogether, fingers crossed. I have maybe 1.5 mg of suboxone left to last me until my package arrives and im praying to god it holds me off, i couldnt find any suboxone last week for almost 5 days and it was hell to say the least. could you specify which one worked best for you? i've read conflicting reports on kratom and this is my first time trying it so im really excited to recieve my package tuesday at the latest, dang independence day!! :p your story has given me hope that i can get my life back, thanks for sharing it!!

You can get Suboxone from a clinic no problem, most suboxone doctors are happy to acquire life long customers because 90% of them or at least here they are all about that money. You should have no reason to be buying Suboxone off the streets where it costs anywhere from <xx-xxx> USD per strip compared to Clinics who have licensed but usually incompetent doctors riddled with misinformation. Clinics charge anywhere from <xx-xxx> per month for monthy fee and medication costs anywhere around <xx-xxx> USD for a box of 30 Suboxone Sublingual films.

Zubsolv is a generic version of Suboxone with Buprenorphine + Naloxone just like Suboxone. It has the same Buprenorphine to Naloxone ratio 4:1. But the big difference when taking sublingually is Bioavailability! Zubsolv 5.7mg Tablet is the same strength as a 8mg Suboxone Sublingual Film.
This is due to Inactive ingredients specifically the buffer that encourages metabolism, Suboxone has corn starch(which has poor BA) and Zubsolv has
croscarmellose sodium which has excellent BA which is why Zubsolv goes further when taken sublingually per mg.
Zubsolv is much cheaper than Suboxone, you must ask your doctor to prescribe it to you, my current suboxone doctor still thinks Zubsolv is a sublingual film which demonstrates how uneducated Sub doctors are pertaining Suboxone/opioids-opiates and its interactions with the body.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best way to increase the BA of sublingual buprenorphine, regardless of the form it is used in, is to wash the mouth out with Listerine or another ethanol based mouthwash (or to use high proof ethanol soaked cottons - research that method for more info). It not only increases the BA, but the strips will also dissolve almost instantly when you pop them under the tongue directly following a minute of Listerine. Pills won't work as well as strips, but they are more easily plugged/insulfated if one wants to increase the BA.

But yeah, I'll never understand how more folks don't know about the Listerine thing. It's pretty cheap, super easy, and it's even good for the oral hygiene (more or less), and I think most opioid users could do with more oral hygiene (long term heavy opioid use is inherently horrible for gum health, and with the sugar munchies some get doesn't lend themselves to avoiding cavities, etc).