• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Kratom Withdrawal

Hi! I am so glad to read your post. I came to this site looking for answers I am an almost 3 year sober member of AA and man did this Kratom deal sneak up on me as well! It was explained to me as harmless and non habit forming! Well not for this girl! I have the disease of MORE and if you have it as well, you know that the tapering off idea is maybe not the best way.

Granted, everyone is different and has diff

Hi! I am so glad to read your posts. I came to this site looking for answers I am an almost 3 year sober member of AA and man did this Kratom deal sneak up on me as well! It was explained to me as harmless and non habit forming! Well not for this girl! I have the disease of MORE and if you have it as well, you know that the tapering off idea is maybe not the best way.

Granted, everyone is different and has different bodies and mental strengths and weaknesses. I have continued going to Aa but have only talked this over with a good friend I trust. I told her I was so over this. Feeling shitty until I take a dose and then feeling fine and YES THE CONSTIPATION HOLY FUCK! I work a 12 step program so you can imagine when I realized this was beginning to be a huge problem for me. I have a 16 month old son and don't have the energy to keep up with him unless I use the Kratom. I hate it! My first two years of sobriety were amazing but I've been using Kratom now for about 11 months everyday...powder 3-4 tablespoons a day. :( it was great in the beginning it helped me get off that 15 lbs of baby weight I didn't want but when I began to have other major stressors in my life I ended up losing 10 more lbs...not good. I'm 5'6 and weigh about 106. I didn't want to and still don't want to believe it has compromised my sobriety because I have NOT picked up a drink but I went from being happy joyous and free back to the cage again. I never really realized a head change just a great boost in energy.

I am on day one of no Kratom, almost 24 hours...I have felt restless and anxious. Kind of empty gaping whole in my chest feeling. Cold sweats but I'm freezing. I made myself eat and masturbated a few times to help my brain release happy chemicals naturally since it probably hasn't done that in awhile. I took a prenatal vitamin (no I am not pregnant no chance) but I thought the extra folic acid might help. I also made myself eat a few healthy small meals. I know I must do this cold turkey. I do not trust myself to taper...nicotine and caffeine (a little) seem to help some. I have a very low dosage of Kolonipin for general anxiety and will use it if it gets bad enough, probably to help me sleep I also have a low dosage of trazadone that helps with sleep. My main thing is to pray and ask for God to remove my symptoms and cravings when it gets bad. It's worked so far and I plan on sticking to that plan. Hot Epsom salt baths are great too. I'm just thinking "self care-self love" and have wiped my schedule clean for the next week. Anyone else have experience with cold turkey? What was the worst day? This really was an accident and an ignorance deal. I had no idea what I was getting myself into but even when I used yesterday I had anxiety and a little depression, of course I eventually felt better but then guilty because I'm trying to be SOBER HERE FOR FUCK SAKES! It's been my number one priority (aa meetings and no alcohol and being happy in sobriety) for the past few years and to be bit in the ass by something so unsuspecting and what I thought was so harmless has really thrown me for a loop! I just want OFF! I want to feel good naturally again. I hope it doesn't take long!!!:( ughhhh?

If you find that you are routinely experiencing kratom withdrawal symptoms in the days after using it, this is a clear indication that you are taking too large of a dose for your body. Everyone’s body chemistry and tolerance is different, and changes over time. Withdrawal will have a different duration for different people, but you can do a lot to speed up the normalization of your receptors. To eliminate the symptoms, the first step it to take a break of a week or more from any Kratom powder or extract use This will allow your body’s receptors to reset their sensitivity levels so that you flush out any tolerance that may have formed. Then, if you would like to try again, significantly lower your dosage. Most strains of kratom have a threshold dose of 1-2 grams, with up to 5 grams considered moderate. Note how your body, thoughts, and emotions react to doses of 5 grams and below. If you have been using kratom for a long time, this may seem like too small of a dose initially, but in a short time you will adjust to the new amounts, and continue to receive the benefits you’ve always enjoyed, without the kratom withdrawal.

What's up everyone, I am about a month off of a daily habit of UEI ingestion. I started on Maeng Da to ease off opiates but that didn't last long as I needed something stronger within a matter of weeks. Coming off opiates I was in full dipshit mode, still self-destructive. I didn't really do any research on the different strains or how it would effect me in the short and long term. I was completely driven by me fear of withdrawal. Anyways within a month I was using over an ounce of UEI and at six months it was 15-20 grams in the morning and the same thing at night. As you can imagine I hit bottom after 14 months and I let it destroy everything in my life. I won't bore everyone with the same old details but if anyone is thinking of jumping to extracts please be careful and show them respect or they will swallow you up and destroy your tolerance before you even know what hit you. If anyone is struggling with kratom or has any questions I am here and happy to share more info or I will do whatever I can to assist. Take care everyone.

Great thread with lots of helpful tips and nice to relate to so many Who dealt with and deal with this struggle.

I have a thread at the top of this forum detailing my attempt and failure at kicking the habit over a year ago. I try again starting tomorrow and my habit has ballooned to 90 600mg capsules of Bali per day. It's going to be hell but if I can someone come out the other side - I swear to never let this shit control me again.

This has been my experience with kratom. With long runs at large doses, I had some wd symptoms when I stopped and had to taper to fix that. The WD symptoms made me suspect RCs could have been added, but that is unlikely, right? Quitting for a week lowered my tolerance. I never had a buid up of tolerance when I skipped a day between doses. Whether or not RCs had been added to it, the result should have been the same.
If you find that you are routinely experiencing kratom withdrawal symptoms in the days after using it, this is a clear indication that you are taking too large of a dose for your body. Everyone’s body chemistry and tolerance is different, and changes over time. Withdrawal will have a different duration for different people, but you can do a lot to speed up the normalization of your receptors. To eliminate the symptoms, the first step it to take a break of a week or more from any Kratom powder or extract use This will allow your body’s receptors to reset their sensitivity levels so that you flush out any tolerance that may have formed. Then, if you would like to try again, significantly lower your dosage. Most strains of kratom have a threshold dose of 1-2 grams, with up to 5 grams considered moderate. Note how your body, thoughts, and emotions react to doses of 5 grams and below. If you have been using kratom for a long time, this may seem like too small of a dose initially, but in a short time you will adjust to the new amounts, and continue to receive the benefits you’ve always enjoyed, without the kratom withdrawal.

Last edited:
Kratom Withdrawal - Brain Tumor Diagnosis

I was recently diagnosed at 34 with a grade 2 oligodendroglioma brain tumor - had a grand mal seizure (first time) followed by MRI, etc... I was absolutely dumbfounded by what the heck just happened. Prior to this I did have fatigue / cognitive decline / felt weird (no idea it was a tumor!) but nothing major - which I self-medicated using modafinil, racetams (funny Keppra is a racetam, found out after I was prescribed recently) alcohol and kratom. I was also addicted to tobacco.

I read the prognosis statistics for this tumor (10-20 years) and could care less, I am not dying. Yes, I will not accept that there is nothing I can do.

After 93+% resection surgery of the tumor and three days in the hospital, I quit smoking (1 1/2 packs/ per day for 13 years), kratom (8-12 grams each night for 4 years), and alcohol (4-5 beers weeknights and 8-12 weekends for 10 plus years) immediately. I also stopped 1 year of modafinil everyday (no wd). Before the surgery and while in the hospital I took prescribed Atavan (benzos) 1-2mg/day for 3 weeks (while I was taking kratom, alcohol, and smoking), I was a mess with the diagnosis. Atavan 3 weeks didn’t help my experience.

Each one had wonderful withdrawals, lol. Kratom restless legs was unbearable! So freaking annoying and no damn sleep! Couple that with alcohol restlessness and I was a nightmare for 15 days, simply no sleep. I thought a harmless plant wouldn't have such terrible symptoms. One weird thing is you could care less about taking the kratom, I had no cravings for it. Do NOT take benedry, RLS gets worst. Do not take nyquil, RLS terrible! Exercise made RLS much better but I couldn’t because of surgery (did a bit anyways). Eat stupid healthy, this helps huge, I juiced organic foods, kale, beets, carrots, bannas, apple, pineapples etc… Out of all addictions I think cigarettes where the worst but hard to tell because I didn’t know which WD was which. I did use the patch, take it off at night for RLS, I found out later it helps. I would take nothing after 4 days besides OTC (which was worthless) as I did not want to come out addicted to ANYTHING. Tapers do not work for me, I just keep going. The first 5 days I hated all forms of everything, no joy what so ever. Worst depression ever, just suffered though it. Keep the faith, it DOES pass.

I never had an opioid addiction (beside kratom, partial opioid) and they gave me hydromorphine which I think made the WD prolonged. Took for 4 days after surgery, they also gave it to me in the hospital, so 7 days total. While it was the toughest thing I have ever done, keep in mind I just had brain surgery, I did it none the less. I was awake during brain surgery and it was terrible, however these WD were easily on par. Plus I has 10 massive stitches that I couldn’t sleep on. It has been over 31 days now. The first 7-10 days I did not sleep at all (3 hours max per night). It made me feel good that the addictions that I hated so much where very likely a self-medication from the side effects of the tumor.

Since surgery I feel 100% clearer without the dreaded brain fog / anxiety. This in and off itself makes me care less about drugs. I have ZERO addictions, it’s the weirdest feeling ever, AWESOME. Still frustrated as hell but whatever.

I hope this helps other, if I can do this, than you can.

My doctor would not give a prognosis. Worst case it comes back in 5-10 years, best case my doctor has seen 20+ years no re-occurrence. While grade 2 in benign it will eventually become cancer. When, who knows. I have resided myself to if it comes back, I will deal with it then.

Eat mostly a ketogenic diet and exercise 1-2 hours per day. I also take CBD-oil and use the entire cannabis plant oil (eating only), which I would not recommend (need to make the government happy). Luckily it is legal where I am from. Considering CBD oil reduces seizures and has very little to no side effects (has no THC, what makes you high) it’s the least of my concerns. I never liked cannabis (paranoia) since I was a kid but whiling to try anything. Google "brain tumor cannabis", many interesting articles. I am 12 out of 100,000 that has a brain tumor, ugh.

God bless, hope this helps those in recovery. Dying with addictions not something I would like to do (see near-death experiences). Although I plan on living a full life with my wife and kids, no longer up to me, its up to God. I don’t want to be a slave to anything.

Hello guys,

It has been a while and I did not quit kratom, but now the time has come to bring it back to the original level of 5 grams, 2 days a week. I've noticed it has gone out of control for me the last months. Days when I have off I doubled my dosage...Was close to 17 gram/ day at some days. Fortunately I do not need that amount to combact WD. When i dose 7.5g in de evening I can still get effect and be good till next evening. Especially after I started taking tumeric before dosing.
Now, I would really like the original feeling back. Now it's just a weak feeling of euphoria and some sedation but nowhere near the effects I had a year ago. I want those back, and I want to be able to quit if I want to without WD's. When I go out on saturday, I don't dose, and in combo with alcohol I got terrible RLS this weekend. For me that was a wake up call...Untill now I could just go out and skip a dose without withdrawal. Now I'm at a point it seems no longer possible.
In 12 days I will go on a holiday, and I don't want the hassle of having to take kratom to there. So to combat WD's I was thinking about tapering really quick. Today I took 7.5g, tomorrow I will try just 4g in combination with some hasj milk for sleep. Then two days of 2g kratom + hasj milk, After that I want to try it without kratom and see what it gives. Ofcourse I will continue with the hasj chocolate to help me sleep and relax. I've done without kratom for four days 2 months ago and barely got withdrawal so maybe I'm lucky and not that addicted. I've read alcohol makes RLS worse so maybe that is what happened this weekend. I will also buy some Valerian root extract (how good does this actually help, at what dosage?) and some imodium just in case. I can combat with being tired, no energy etc.. I can even handle those moments of depression, but I can not handle RLS. It sucks soooo hard.
Now, I know 12 days is short to do this, but I just want to get my addiction down to a level that it will be bearable when I go on holiday. The nice weather and the fact that I will be busy all day will probably do good for my mood anyways.
I don't want to totally quit kratom, but just don't use it that much as I am doing now. I don't want to fear withdrawal every time I go on holiday.
You guys think this can work out good this way? I think the hash milk will help alot with anxiety and insomnia. I hope it does the same for the RLS. If not, I hope the loperamide does the trick. Can anyone recommend a dosage for imodium? or any advice for combatting RLS?

Let's hope it all works well:).

Yes and no. Yes, your taper plan wi probably work for your holiday if you can stand a little temporary discomfort.

No- once you're addicted to an opioid it never feels as good as it did in the beginning, and you'll never be able to use you like you used to. Read through the dark side and sober recovery forums. No one can tell you to stop that has to be your conclusion, but I can tell you it's never going to be the same

I was thinking about buying some Valerian root extract, L-tryptophan and melatonin to help me sleep on vacation. Would you advise against using all three together? I was thinking of combining the L-tryptophan (for better mood) with melatonine or Valerian( for sleep). Or would one advise otherwise? What is the best sleep-aid, melatonin or valerian? Will the tryptophan actually help me with mood elevation?
I'm at a point that I'm not taking kratom every day anymore, weed edibles help a lot. But since I wont have those on holiday I would like to try some other stuff to help me sleep. The three mentioned above would be the easiest for me (to order etc.).

DAY 3 no opiate/opioid intake. I smoke weed and my higher power tells me im going to have to give that up to at some point. its getting easier, day 3 I just feel.... raw, edgy, depressed. its doable. I took 1 mgof melatonin and 1200 mg of valerian root and I also caved and took a qtr of a Xanax bar and although I felt bad after taking the benzo, I was able to sleep and now realize it was just a tool to help, not to get high on.. as an addict I like to associate the two but none the less, it helped... I don't take the immodium or w/e... I just deal with that part.. its not that bad lol its like eating taco bell everyday for a few months.
just wanted fellowship here, talk to people who have came out on the other side. It IS possible but in all honesty, if I didn't have my higher power, id still be slaving to catch the buzz.

Keep it up itchywhiskers!

I've changed plan,tapering off more slowly now, but with stem and vein. We'll see how far I get. One thing is for sure, next week I'm on holiday without kratom so I'm forced to quit for at least a week...It'll suck, but at least I wont have options of taking it.

Does the valerian root help a lot itchy?

What about replacing kratom with mitragyna javanica, Sae Ka Nee or Kra thum khok, threes that are similar to kratom? Anyone who as tried it?

What I would like to do is take following on holiday: l-tyrosine 500mg tablets, l-tryptophan 500mg tablets, both with vitamin B6, melatonine melting tablets. Now would this be sufficient to keep the depression, insomnia and rls managable? What about adding St. Jhon's Wort?

Last edited:
I stopped Kratom for 40 days and used once (5 grams) and my myoclonic jerks - Restless legs came back. Does this mean whenever I use it, I will have withdrawal symptoms? So annoying as I would like to take it once in a awhile. Happen to anyone else?

I stopped Kratom for 40 days and used once (5 grams) and my myoclonic jerks - Restless legs came back. Does this mean whenever I use it, I will have withdrawal symptoms? So annoying as I would like to take it once in a awhile. Happen to anyone else?

unfortunately, that is correct.

Crap, how are you sure. I ordered a diferent leaf to see if that makes a difference. Damn does that suck if true.

Crap, how are you sure. I ordered a diferent leaf to see if that makes a difference. Damn does that suck if true.

its a known phenomenon called "kindling". You can google it for more info.

Take this as a chance to be free of opiates man. You're life will be better I promise you that.

its a known phenomenon called "kindling". You can google it for more info. Take this as a chance to be free of opiates man. You're life will be better I promise you that.
Kratom does not interact with the GABA system in the brain and there's no danger of kindling. Kindling due to substance withdrawal, refers to the neurological condition which results from repeated withdrawal episodes from sedative-hypnotic drugs such as alcohol or benzodiazepines.

Kratom does not interact with the GABA system in the brain and there's no danger of kindling. Kindling due to substance withdrawal, refers to the neurological condition which results from repeated withdrawal episodes from sedative-hypnotic drugs such as alcohol or benzodiazepines.

owned!

My bad then squid123. Please continue to use Kratom. Most likely the withdrawal effects you are getting after single usage of Kratom are not real and there is not an effect being seen in your body in which returning to a previously abused substance is exhibiting withdrawal symptoms after minimal use.

You can do it easily w just xanax, skip the lope imho. Lope will just get u strung out on it the same as kratom.
Hey Everyone, have decided to finally just do it and quit the Kratom, I'v quit it a few times before with bad withdrawals but was easy enough to do. This time it feels alot harder. For the last week I'm on the leaf so I'm hoping that helps. I have a supply of xanax and loperamide, does anyone know if that combo could help me, my habit is near a year now. Im doing a big walk across France and Spain with my girlfriend so I have to be off it by the time we go. She hates me on it and gives me serious shit about it and I reckon she would finish with me if she knew I was still on it.
I have never really been on anything else other than kratom and alcohol but found kratom to be a source of serious pleasure that snuck up on me and is now affecting my life way more than I like. While it may be mild in comparison to opiates I guess you have to pay the piper sometime in someway.
I'd be happy for any advice or ideas from anyone, I'm glad I can bitch about this here, have felt alone with this for ages, even went to doctors and councellors with no help, I would of got more help if I was addicted to poppy pod tea.

Wasn't trying to be like that, was just curious. I always have Kratom with a few beers (No more that 3), it heightens the effects, maybe the combo is causing it.