Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

Saw this last year but worthy of a mention. An ice-berg tip, glammed-up, perspective,of the PR clowns that are employed to hire the puppets for the puppeteers. The crazy face of propogandists to hide the more mundane insidiousness, basically the people employed to engineer 'cultural climate' for the plebs aka medicated/overworked/underclass/ignorant middle-class, americans.

Last edited:
Fatberg Autopsy: Secrets of the Sewers

So in London these days, the sewers are so disgusting that they have giant congeeled blockages ('bergs') of rock-hard shit and fat that in some instances are the size and length of a 15-carriage train 8o

This documentary is all about them and what people are doing and eating to produce these repulsive monstrous fatbergs.

It's fascinating, but you need a strong stomach. If it's not on YouTube, use a VPN to watch:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fatberg-autopsy-secrets-of-the-sewers/episode-guide/

^Quite fond of shit documentaries..speaking of which, watched this today ( an old one, but watched to vent ( fair)frustration at innocents). I needed a day to feel superior and get righteously angry at the loss of meaningful culture; as replaced by consumerism and the outright stupidity of pontlessly greedy business ventures; in relation to the working class and their vulnerability and ignorant, compliance as consumers.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen Oxyana? It's about a small town in west Virginia with a massive prescription pill problem. It paints a dark picture of the American dream gone wrong.

Just watched Operation Odessa. I'm certain a lot of this has been highly exaggerated and twisted to create a surreal story, fact mixed with fiction.. but it was a fun watch. It reminded me a bit of Cocaine Cowboys.

A Russian mobster, a Miami playboy and a Cuban spy try to hustle the Russian mob, the Cali cartel and the DEA for a score of a lifetime by selling a Soviet submarine to a Colombian drug cartel for $35 million.

Has anyone seen Oxyana? It's about a small town in west Virginia with a massive prescription pill problem. It paints a dark picture of the American dream gone wrong.

Saw it a while back. Good doc - calling out the forgotten of the 'dream'.

Scott Storch on Blowing $70M+ on Drugs: "I Built an Empire Smoking Weed, I Tore It Down Doing Cocaine?

inspo ! okay this is really helping me heal cause i look back at how much i spent like fml then this dude is pretty chill about wasting 70m's! LOL live and learn fuck it make it back

Last edited:
^ Loved that, Joe; nice post man, beautiful skills that man has in his bones and seems like a decent person, also. lovely vid,ta! ;)

Piano is a beauty, imo. Lovely to see his J. Jackson technical influence, as it is worthy and sweet to see that musical intelligence (amongst other influences intigrated) carried-on. Magic. Love it - brings much pleasure to my mind/heart.

Last edited:
I know, the irony in the fact that she makes money exposing these people kind of cancels her integrity...but being Jewish, I rekon she is just doing the causal observer thing. IT has its place and tbf I see her empathy in her docs - more of a passive cultural criticism than a tabloid hack. Again, she is parasiting from the parasites of democracy. Curious cycle.

Although very disturbing the 2015 film Prophet's Prey was definitely worth watching.

It was about Warren Jeffs' the leader and "prophet" of the FLDS (Fundamentalist Latter-Day Saints). He has 40+ wives, many of whom are/were minors. I believe he got as far up as #2 on the FBI's Most Wanted List. It was definitely a sad and upsetting story to see, but I would recommend it.

There's a number of similarities and parallels one could make to Scientology, so if you find this movie interesting than I'd also recommend the 2015 documentary Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief. If you have already seen this and you found it interesting then you'd also probably find the first movie mentioned interesting.

If anyone has seen both, which did you find more disturbing?

^Defo the Warren Jeff doc - the ritualistic child abuse sways it, for me, on the deeper end of the disturbing scale.

Neil Young doc. Don't be Denied. Comfort viewing on YT.

Just finished O.J - Made in America. Wonderful docu-series. No ESPN here, so, from state-side perspective, it is probably old-viewing.

Not a generall sports afficianado but between that, Icarus and Disgraced; have never been more tuned-into it; Sports and Religion - the greatest down-low political, corrupters of a civilisation; the Greeks and Romans set the stage for followers.

I haven't seen Icarus but have seen Disgraced. You may have already seen it, but if not you would probably enjoy Bigger Stronger Faster*: *The Side Effects of Being American. It made me look at steroids and the steroid issue a lot differently after watching it.

Also just realized SharedHalucination had mentioned Going Clear (the Scientology movie) already, and on this very page! Had missed that before.

^Disgraced was such a ( bleakly) interesting documentary, CL. Havent seen the other one but will look it up!

A film by the late, A. Bourdain concerning the first, Celebrity Chef and why this phenomenon took hold.
Surprisingly, I enjoyed this ( despite initial misgivings that it would only be pretentious, 'foodie' drivel)... interesting to learn of the (sometimes) moving, narrative and history of an individual like Tower and see how it shaped his ambitions and informed the trajectory, he embarked on.

Last edited:
Exposing China’s digital dystopian dictatorship - “Leave No Dark Corner” is a slogan China’s authorities have long used to root out “unstable elements”. It can equally be applied to Social Credit, which builds on China’s formidable history of surveilling its people. It’s innocuously called “Social Credit”. In fact it’s a dystopian personal scorecard for every one of China’s 1.4 billion citizens. If people keep their promises they can go anywhere in the world. If people break their promises they won’t be able to move an inch!

^ Remember watching that a way back - 'monster' love; those who bring the monsters to light, dispel the monsters. :D