Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

myarchitect.jpg

heir20090201.jpg

Step Into Liquid--one of the coolest surf documentaries I've ever seen

Ultra-Marathon Man--follows the guy who did 50 marathons in 50 states over 50 days

Good Stuff--some of the coolest skydiving stunts and footage

Riding Giants is also a good one worth checking out

also good.

i wish i had the doco channel. they play four hours of documentaries from this channel on my PBS local channel every week. i always am intrigued by what they pick out.

Heavy Metal Gangs of Wadeye "VBS travels into Australia’s outback in search of the aboriginal youth gangs of Wadeye, all of which have taken their name, dress, and overall attitude from the 1980’s and 90’s golden age of heavy metal."

its pretty cool they banned alcohol so they just smoke weed and have heavy metal "dance offs" and even the girls have gangs called "madonna mob" my kinda peeps! =)

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/music-world/heavy-metal-gangs-of-wadeye-1-of-2

51Q2S5V4J2L._SS500_.jpg

Startling and powerful, Control Room is a documentary about the Arab television network Al-Jazeera's coverage of the U.S.-led Iraqi war, and conflicts that arose in managed perceptions of truth between that news media outlet and the American military. Egyptian-American filmmaker Jehane Noujaim (Startup.com) catches the frantic action at Al-Jazeera headquarters as President Bush stipulates his 48-hour, get-out-of-town warning to Saddam Hussein and sons, soon followed by the network's shocking footage of Iraqi civilians terrorized and killed by invading U.S. troops. Al-Jazeera's determination to show images and report details outside the Pentagon's carefully controlled information flow draws the wrath of American officials, who accuse it of being an al-Qaida propagandist. (The killing of an Al-Jazeera reporter in what appears to be a deliberately targeted air strike is horrifying.) Most fascinating is the way Control Room allows well-meaning, Western-educated, pro-democratic Arabs an opportunity to express views on Iraq as they see it--in an international context, and in a way most Americans never hear about

Thank you to whoever suggested, "The Devil and Daniel Johnston"

This was a very excellent doco and ranks high on my list of best movies of all time.

http://www.vivecoolcity.com/

Some awesome indie doco's on this site.

Also some very, um, interesting ones.... like a donkey that was raped and committed suicide, a lady injecting heroin into her neck and two whores talking about how to "be a groupie slut". No joke.

Last edited:
Thank you to whoever suggested, "The Devil and Daniel Johnston"

This was a very excellent doco and ranks high on my list of best movies of all time.

good call, a great film.

just watched Hell House last night, quite good, a depiction of a right wing christian "haunted house." interesting and not biased, the director lets the people make fools of themselves without adding to it.

250px-BBC_Life_title_card.png

Life

250px-BBC_PE_title.jpg

Planet Earth.

Both wildlife documentaries narrated by Sir David Attenborough. Amazingly well shot.

I watched the following last night:

Methadonia
Dopesick Love
Black Tar Heroin

All very good. Don't agree with a lot of things covered, but great if you're interested in addiction.