Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

World's Toilet Crisis, Channel NewsAsia

I was looking for the (better) version from Vanguard: World's Toilet Crisis.
they also did a reeeaaally good documentary on America's Gun Culture.
Told very evenly and equanimously. I love shooting guns, personally.

And the guy they sent to do the doc does too, I imagine.
Who doesn't love blowing shit up? lol. But they go into Straw Purchases and stuff like that as well.

lesse, another doc I liked recently was...if you want to call it a 'documentary'...more like gonzo, collage, mindfuck.
[video=vimeo;22589118]http://vimeo.com/22589118[/video]

All his stuff is pretty good, imo. Check him out!

Have any of you seen "All The Gold You Can Eat?" I'd be really interested in watching it but am hesitant to pay 5 bucks when the subject matter itself tends to be bogus. I do imagine it is entertaining though.

fictional or not, that looks really good imo.

...kytnism...:|

@itchyscratchy

save the anti-vice hipster hatred for the youtube comments, hating on people simply because they are from a different scene than you are simply shows your own insecurity and fear.

the doco was fine imo, hamilton is a pretty archetypal BL character imo, he has an interest/obsession with learning about drugs, chill outtt
In your opinion, is the key word. Fuck you, that's my opinion. Hamilton is an idiot and promoting irresponsible behavior while advocating you can get high off HIV drugs.
Insecurity and fear?! You are a fucking sub-moron. I heard rat poison gets you pretty lifted...You should try it. Come back and post about it. Enlightened rebel. LMAO!

^ That was interesting, I saw it when it was on TV (was it abc, or sbs) not that long ago.

HBO always has a ton of great documentaries. Last year they aired one called the Newburgh Sting

It was about how the FBI thwarted what they called a terrorist sleeper cell, but others call 3 really fucking poor guys and 1 mentally disabled dude. The documentary outlined the way an FBI informant seemingly manipulated these 4 into agreeing to place a bomb in a car near a Jewish Temple, I believe it was, and commit to using an stinger missile to shoot at a US Air Force plane at a local air base. Thing is, the bomb wasn't real and the informant seemed to make a point of forcing these guys, unnecessarily, to travel across state lines to acquire the weapons, thereby making it a federal crime.

I watched the whole thing and I just don't get the point of mixing all that shit with perfectly good heroin.

Seems like it'd be far more profitable to just cut the heroin as is done in the US and be sold like that instead of obtaining expensive anti retroviral drugs to mix with it to make this Nyaope shit.

Watch this earlier. It's a documentary about research chems, the people who use them, and the people who design, create, and market them.

[video=vimeo;72082590]http://vimeo.com/72082590[/video]

Thanks for the link, Mysterie, sounds awesome

Thanks You, really good documentary on Rc's i must confess, interesting about the 'chimist' interview

'what's in my baggie'

on vimeo and probably youtube.

i definitely have more to suggest buried in the back of my brain somewhere!

Sex and the Wailing Wall (2007): The battle of the sexes at the world's holiest site

A band of brave Jewish women are fighting back for the right to raise their voices at the Wailing Wall. The holy site is the most potent symbol for Jews. Yet it is dominated by the ultra-Orthodox who seek to maintain segregation of the sexes and limit the rights of women who want to pray there. Now a group of women are challenging the iron grip of the reactionaries and demanding reform.

The Winter of The Beard

i am going to start growing a 6 month beard as of now, thanks to this doco, i hope to god it looks as good as one of the dudes in this doco (has longish hair and looks like a hippie in the 60s).
truly satisfying documentary, i particularly like that they film themselves for an hour every week, which brings a lot of insight up about what is really happening in their experience which is true and raw.

In the fall of 2005, two filmmakers invited six men across America to join them in an experiment. They would all stop shaving for six months. No trimming allowed. Each was provided a video camera and weekly interview questions to document his own experience. The resulting 600 hours of intimate footage revealed a group of men traversing the same rite of passage from disparate vantage points. Throughout the process, the men told stories from their pasts, shared likes and dislikes, and confessed personal fears and aspirations. They laughed and cried, hid and came alive behind their beards. The tireless taping captured bad days and good ones, and it is in this framework that the individual stories stand out and the beards fade into the background. From a son dealing with his father's descent into Alzheimer's, to financial and marital struggles, to the birth of a child, THE WINTER OF THE BEARD reveals the trials and tribulations of what it means to drastically alter one's appearance and otherwise go on living life.

[video=vimeo;32092307]http://vimeo.com/32092307[/video]

^ that sounds full of feels. dunno if i can handle it but i'll press play anyways o_O

may you grow wise as your beard grows in these coming months.

^ That was interesting, I saw it when it was on TV (was it abc, or sbs) not that long ago.

i must have missed the broadcast on tv, although according to the end credits it was a 4 corners episode (if that rings any bells?). i got to see it thanks to journeyman. it was a very eye opening documentary to say the least. i thoroughly enjoyed it and felt richer with insight and understanding in doing so.

thankyou for posting that joe. im a huge fan of dalis work; and seeing the correlations between bacon's and his works especially where the bullfighter was concerned was mind blowing. dali has two infamous pieces. one is bullfighter #2 (1968 ) :

Bullfigh-2-255x345.jpg

and his more infamous piece, the hallucinogenic toreador that was composed later in 1970 during his more surrealistic era:

The_Hallucinogenic_Toreador.png

your recommendation has inspired me to research further the art of that era and the many amazing talents and correlations in artists, style and composure.

The Winter of The Beard

i am going to start growing a 6 month beard as of now, thanks to this doco, i hope to god it looks as good as one of the dudes in this doco (has longish hair and looks like a hippie in the 60s).
truly satisfying documentary, i particularly like that they film themselves for an hour every week, which brings a lot of insight up about what is really happening in their experience which is true and raw.

[video=vimeo;32092307]http://vimeo.com/32092307[/video]

i will watch this. thanks mysterie. ill give a review once im done. it sounds great.

your recommendation has inspired me to research further the art of that era and the many amazing talents and correlations in artists, style and composure.
o wow, that makes me happy =) have been spending considerable amount of time researching, learning about different artists, movements/periods recently. good times.

that beard documentary was extremely well done. i love how it came to be, how it wasn't intended to be what it turned out in the end, not so much beards but LIFE.

i know someone mentioned "finding vivian maier" but i'll bring it up again after watching it last night. tells the story of her, street photographer that had a huge archive of work she never attempted to show and was recently found in a storage auction.

brilliant photographer with a dark side. while it was inspiring to see her work, it was also depressing as she... well watch it :\