• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Magic Mushroom Tips?

me and 2 friends are going to try shrooms for the first time ever sometime soon. I have an eighth and a half (a little over 5 grams), but were getting more because we want 3-3.5 grams (about an eighth) each. we have a safe empty house, but we cant find a babysitter for us three. so with that said, I have a few questions:

1. will we need a babysitter for sure, or is it just recommended?
Do you have a son or daughter you need to have looked after while you trip?

2. how should we eat them? raw? cooked? plain? mixed with food (i heard high temps make them less potent)?
Right out of the bag, swallow them down with a drink of choice (i.e. not soda)

3. should we really avoid mirrors?
No? Why would you do that? Mirrors are awesome while tripping.

4. is it true that if you have a note that says "this is all the effects of a drug. none of this is real." written in your own handwriting it can help you get a hold of reality and possibly snap out of a bad trip?
No...why would you think something as silly as that? I've been in a mushroom trip where someone looking me in the eyes within 2 inches of my face, saying that as slowly as can be, and I didn't even understand what he was trying to tell me.

5. if you take shrooms without worrying about a bad trip, does that lower the chance of having a bad trip?
You're going to have a bad trip if you're in a bad mood. If you're in a good mood, you'll have a good trip. If you're worried about a bad trip, you're also probably going to have one.

6. how common is it for someone to throw up? and if someone does throw up, does it make the trip less, for lack of a better word, trippy?
It's common, but try to hold it in for as long as you can. I've only puked after eating mushrooms after a large meal. And that was at least 90, 120 minutes post dosing anyways.

7. if someone starts feeling nauseous what helps get rid of the nausea?
Smoking bud, or dosing other drugs. Honestly, you'll still feel weird while tripping mushrooms, you shouldn't be worried about nausea.

8. do caps have more psylocybin (spelling?) than stems, or is that just a myth?
Potency depends on strain, but I find mushroom caps to be a lot more effective than stems. Stems don't have less active psychoactive, I just find that the less damaged caps are easier on the stomach, and are easier to eat in general.

9. do shrooms make it harder to do everyday things (like play a board game or something)?
Yes, it will be hard to do a lot of things, but it's not like you can't do them. I've driven while on mushrooms (not to mention LSD, 2c-I, ketamine...) but it's not advised to operate heavy machinery.

10. will an eighth generally make a person hallucinate? how much?
If it's psilocybe cubensis, it's enough to make a person have a trip.

There's a difference between 'tripping' (visuals, where you can tell what's real and what's the trip) and 'hallucinating' (surreal experiences which seem real but are not, typically horrifying the individual, but there is a purpose to them from what I understand), and trust me, I have both tripped and hallucinated from different doses of mushrooms (and other psychedelics).

The times I have hallucinated from mushrooms, I feel as if they are religious experiences. Most recently, I had the opportunity to IV Ketamine, and eat mushrooms. By the time the Ketamine started to wear off, the mushroom trip was kicking my ass (at 4G's, I expected it to). However, in the middle of the trip, I knew I got to the point where I started to not be able to tell what was real and what wasn't anymore, and I got very nervous.

Then I started having all sorts of very interesting things go off in my head.

I experienced a slice of eternity.................

and then it's 4 hours later.

So yes, if you plan on playing a board game, just make sure you'll still want to play it when you're over the peak. ;)

11. should we go outside (we will be doing it during the day)?
YES. However, it depends on a lot of things. You might want to go outside for the come up, and make a call from there. If it's getting too intense, just go back inside. If not, and you get the feeling you're in for a good trip and you're ready to go, then go for it and enjoy yourself. Tripping mushrooms outside is wonderful.

12. what do we do if someone comes home? run to my room? try to be cool? (the only person likely to come home would be my little brother, and he would come home about 5 hours after we take them)
Wear sunglasses, and don't talk too much. Also, if that happens, you can always act natural and go outside then.

13. is it a bad idea to try and freak out my friends?
Yes...people don't take kindly to that. That's childish at best.

14. how does it hit you? does it build up slowly or does it all hit you at once?
It builds up, you start to experience a nice tripping sensation, then the peak will hit you all at once. So, a little of both.

15. what else do i need to know? any ground rules (or something like that)?
Don't take the mushrooms if you're not in a good mood, or if you have something important to do.

Otherwise, enjoy.

Those are cubensis. They are relatively mild.

Azures = Psilocybe azurescens, the strongest mushroom species on this planet. They are about 3-4 times stronger than cubes, but you don't need to worry about that since the shrooms you have are cubensis.

That said, even mushrooms from the same batch can vary in potency significantly unless they were grown from an isolated strain. If you cannot verify this from the person who grew them, then your best option is still to grind them all up to a powder, or perhaps make a tea from them.

As for dosage, 3-4 grams of dried cubensis is a good dosage even for a first time tripper. I wouldn't go lower than 3 grams.

i had around 2g and that fucked me up big time! but in a good way

Do you have a son or daughter you need to have looked after while you trip?

Yes...people don't take kindly to that. That's childish at best.

haha im 16 sorry i didnt make that clear

It's a bad fucking idea, don't do it. Fuck with your friends and karma is goinna get you back man, might even be all your karma all at once on your mushroom trip and fuck yourself up, might get all introspective and realize that your a complete dick for purposly messing with your friends fun and joyous time.

A million billion from one, so called peace of shit!

On a serious note:

The beast advice always comes after ingestion.

lots of people saying dont fuck with your friends... probably a good idea, but my friends and i will "mess" with each other sometimes (catching people tripping or spilling some water outside... little things that make people trip)

Do people really get flashbacks?

What are they?

How intense are they?

How long do they last?

When do they happen?

first 2 times i did shrooms i didnt have no sitter and i was fine tripping balls but i was fine

Do people really get flashbacks?

Yes, but they have nothing to do with the psychedelic substances. If an experience - any experience, not just a psychedelic one - is intense enough, it can manifest as a flashback later on. Like if you're fighting in a war, and then suffer from post-traumatic stress, you might get flashbacks of combat situations.

Most "flashbacks" I've had have occurred if I have smoked cannabis the next day after tripping. This most likely happens because there is a strong synergy between most psychedelics and cannabis. However, theoretically, any event that reminds you of some aspect of the trip, could induce a "flashback".

Those are cubensis. They are relatively mild.

Azures = Psilocybe azurescens, the strongest mushroom species on this planet. They are about 3-4 times stronger than cubes, but you don't need to worry about that since the shrooms you have are cubensis.

That said, even mushrooms from the same batch can vary in potency significantly unless they were grown from an isolated strain. If you cannot verify this from the person who grew them, then your best option is still to grind them all up to a powder, or perhaps make a tea from them.

As for dosage, 3-4 grams of dried cubensis is a good dosage even for a first time tripper. I wouldn't go lower than 3 grams.

Pretty much my feelings on the matter as well - tho I'ver never tried P.azurescens the times I have eaten cubensis I was hugely underwhelmed being more used to P. semilceanta which are reputed (& this is borne out by the experience of myself & others) to be considerably more potent weight for weight.

However it's probably wisest to start low & gradually find your sweet spot rather than dive in at a foolhardy level.

However it's probably wisest to start low & gradually find your sweet spot rather than dive in at a foolhardy level.

This is true, especially if you don't know the grower or don't know how the mushrooms were grown. Although cubes are generally mild, even cubensis can be selectively breeded to produce some amazingly potent specimens, so always be careful with unknown mushroom batches...

One thing i'd like to say - putting on some mellow tunes while you ease into the trip is a good idea. Keep the mood light and upbeat, enjoy yourself and your surroundings and you won't even think of having a bad experience.

Oh hey, last time i took shrooms at home i found out that rinsing my mouth with mouthwash (when i was tripping) to be pretty awesome. A little bit got down my throat and made me cough, and the visuals went crazy after that. Give it a go haha

I don't think you'll need one.

2. how should we eat them? raw? cooked? plain? mixed with food (i heard high temps make them less potent)?
Make tea with them. That's a great way to avoid nausea and tastes quite nice.

3. should we really avoid mirrors?
Not neccessarily, assuming you're going to see something scary in the mirror is assuming you're going to have a bad time. Look in the mirror if you're having a good time and you want to see some trippy shit. Don't look in the mirror if you expect to see something bad.

4. is it true that if you have a note that says "This is all the effects of a drug. none of this is real." written in your own handwriting it can help you get a hold of reality and possibly snap out of a bad trip?
Probably not, but it wouldn't hurt.

5. if you take shrooms without worrying about a bad trip, does that lower the chance of having a bad trip?
Definately. Positive mindset is the way to go.

6. how common is it for someone to throw up? and if someone does throw up, does it make the trip less, for lack of a better word, trippy?
If they're already tripping, and feel ill. It's best to just throw up and get it over with.

Throwing up helps, but honestly, unless you cram yourself full of slimy raw shrooms you shouldn't feel that nauseous. Make a nice tea with them, take it easy.

8. do caps have more psylocybin (spelling?) than stems, or is that just a myth?
I have no idea.

9. do shrooms make it harder to do everyday things (like play a board game or something)?
Only when you're on them :p

10. will an eighth generally make a person hallucinate? how much?
Dunno

11. should we go outside (we will be doing it during the day)?
Yes, oh absolutely yes. Shrooms are such an outdoors drug.

12. what do we do if someone comes home? run to my room? try to be cool? (the only person likely to come home would be my little brother, and he would come home about 5 hours after we take them)
After 5 hours you might be ready to talk to people, but i would just avoid it entirely. Go to the park or something if you're tripping hard and people are coming home.

Yeah, how would it be a good idea?

14. how does it hit you? does it build up slowly or does it all hit you at once?It builds up. Over about an hour in my experience, sometimes longer.

15. what else do i need to know? any ground rules (or something like that)?
Stay positive. Make the most of it - so find heaps of cool shit to do, definately go outside if it doesn't mean interacting with people (neighbours etc, i dunno, you might live in the city), listen to some awesome tunes etc, do whatever feels right at the time.

Oh, and if you're anything like me, pot can lend an edge of paranoia to things, so avoid that if you're not a happy smoker.

G/luck

Supposedly, eating a slice of ginger with the mushrooms helps with the nausea.

By the way, AFAIK caps do contain more actives, but the difference is so marginal you wouldn't notice it.

By the way, AFAIK caps do contain more actives, but the difference is so marginal you wouldn't notice it.

I personally have never noticed a difference (as in, between how I trip on an eighth with caps as opposed to one without), and tripped very hard without caps. I don't completely understand where the reasoning that caps would do more comes from. Do you know?

I personally have never noticed a difference (as in, between how I trip on an eighth with caps as opposed to one without), and tripped very hard without caps. I don't completely understand where the reasoning that caps would do more comes from. Do you know?

As I just said, the difference is so marginal that you wouldn't notice it.

However there was a study where the psilocin/psilocybin content of caps and stems were measured and the results were that the caps had more actives in average. I believe you can find more about this on erowid.

edit. found the page. http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info9.shtml

Code:
                           Psilocybin  Psilocin       "total" (1)

PCY-AO-94, caps               0.7       0.4            1.3
PCY-AO-94, stems              0.8       0.2            1.1

Yeah, I considered editing my post to make sure you knew I got that I wouldn't notice the difference. Sorry it came across wrong. More so, I just wanted to learn some biology :)

All you really need to know on Mushrooms is the following...

Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
The Flaming Lips

<3

1) I Recommend against babysitters from shroom trips, I just don't think it would be fun, being around sober people tripping kills it a little, just not comfortable- for me.

2) It depends if you want to put alot of effort into it.. Personally, shrooms and grapes work together great, my first trip I did that and I was suprised how I didn't taste the shrooms, but after that I always ate them plain and didn't mind it, it being your first time I say you should keep it simple.

3) It's not like Uh-Oh, instant chaos if I look at a mirror, but you sorta do get sucked into it, not literally, but it just isn't really a good idea, the way you see yourself in such a state can be pretty messed.

4) Don't even worry, worry=anxiety, you don't need that. Avoid troubled situations is all you need to do.

5) Yes, very.

6) I don't know, me or my friends never threw up.

7) Mental comfort? :)

8) It's a myth, eat stems and caps, I got a full blown trip from just eating stems before.

9) For me, I get really confused and wouldn't be able to play a board game, no interest while tripping anyways. But to each their own.

10) Yeah, an eigth will make you halucinate, you can't tell how a different person will react to a drug, but me personally, I was getting quite alot of halucinations from my first trip (8th of cubensis)

11) Outside IS ideal!! You will want to be outside!! Go for a walk to an isolated place, adventuring is great, something wonderful usually happens.

12) Don't worry about your little brother, lol. Especially 5 hours into the trip? Your peak would most likely be over and you might just be a little wonky.

13) Don't freak out your friends, for god sakes. Worste case scenario: Lose a friend, damage a friend psychologically. Best case scenaro: Your friend freaks out and starts making everybody anxious, and he gets angry at you.

14) For my first time it didn't hit me all at once, I first was sitting on this mountain just checking out the view, then all of a sudden things just... Felt different (You will know.. you will know hehe :p) I felt heavily sedated, then after a little while of exploring this state, I decided to walk around abit, then I really started tripping, I think I grew 10 ft tall then shrunk 1 ft tall.. Either I did or the whole world did.

15) Go with the flow.
I agree have a strong mind be happy and stick with friends,close friends cause they might need your help to stay calm and laugh, alot