• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega]Synthetic Cannabinoid Discussion

Tryptamine*Dreamer

Ex-Bluelighter
I guess this goes here since it is about chems with effects similar to MJ.

I was wanting to hear from some of you who have tried both how they compare.
I've read in one thread on the subject of synthetic cannabinoids from a couple of people who tried both but did not wait for one to wear off before smoking the other.

I am interested in hearing how the two compare from folks who have done one and waited until at least the next day to do the other so that the effects of each individual chemical could be felt without being influenced by the other.

Has anyone tried both, waiting a day or longer between using each chemical? If so, how do the two compare? What were the differences and similarities in effects? How about potency and duration? Which did you prefer and why?

I'm just wanting to get more info on these chems. I hope to try both soon, but would like to get more info on them.

Maybe I did not read enough, but the reports I read were from people who smoked one then smoked the other like two hours later which would not allow enough time for the first to entirely wear off. I'm wanting comparisons from those who waited at least a day between use of each chem.

I'd also be interested in hearing about the effects of smoking a mixture of both at the same time, if anyone has tried that. Was it better than either one on its own?

It seems from reading that JWH-073 is the more cannabis like chemical. I've never tried cannabis so will probably try that first myself.

Anyone who chooses to post here, please include dosage of chem used and at least a brief description of effects. You can also post if you've only tried one of them.

If this thread is too similar to another already in existence, then I guess it should be closed or merged. The other thread did not seem to have any or many comparisons of the two materials used at different times, just descriptions of them being smoked a couiple of hours apart. Surely those who made those posts have tried them alone on seperate days by now to get an idea of just what the unique characteristics of each checmical are.

Please post if you have tried each one separated by at least one day or tried a mix of both at the same time or used both within 1-10 minutes. I'd like comparisons of each on its own and of combos of the two at the same time.

I will see if my S/O will post on this because he has done both and I think he could help here!!!

I've only used 018 but I really like it a lot. For me it's extremely similar to being high on a medical grade sativa. Everyone is different though.

My main comment (esp since you've never smoked weed) is start with an amount so small that you think there's no way it will have an effect on you... then wait five full minutes before smoking any more.

After a few days of use the sensitivity tamps down a bit, but it's very, very, very easy to overdo it by eyeballing 018.

Even the most hardened pot smoker can get their doors blown out easily and it's not like just smoking more MJ for a cumulative effect. There is, for lack of a better term, a 'breaking point' with 018 for me where I basically hit a line and go from really stoned to just way too fucking obliterated. Many people, upon hearing that description will think... "Oh I'm going for 'way too fucking obliterated.'" but trust me it's a mistake.

Re: size of dose... imagine you're getting ready to scoop some out and put it on foil or into a pipe to smoke...
see this zero? --> 0 <-- If you filled that up with 018, I'd say that's a very healthy first dose to start with.

Hope some 073 peeps can chime in to give you some info about that.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Good luck and have fun!

Kudos An4h0ny -- Very good & important advice on the dosing, I can't believe I forgot to mention it. I had to learn that hard way that when you feel like you want more, you should really wait 5 minutes to reassess where you are.

haha... yeah i found out the same way. :)

the silver lining about smoking too much of this.. is that it wears off relatively quickly. but damn can it sneak up and club you in the head.

JWH-073 is very euphoric and fun while JWH-018 is just about the most potent anxiogenic compound I have tried. I didnt try to combine them though, I would think the JWH-018 would ruin the JWH-073 high...

Thank you guys for the comparisons. If you've seen the "I'm High" thread, you probably see that I went with the JWH-073. I love it!

I can't compare it to the JWH-018. It seems that the few people to try both tend to prefer JWH-073. Maybe we should make this or another thread for comparing all of the cannabinoids. Almost everyone here has tried weed. That would allow just about anyone who has tried a synthetic cannabinoid to make some sort of comparison, with weed or any synthetic. I guess I chose to ask for comparisons between JWH-018 and JWH-073 because they were/are more common and talked about than other synthetic cannabinoids.

I for one would be interested in any comparisons between any cannabinoids. Just to get an idea of how much they vary from one another. From a couple of posts, it seems JWH-073 and JWH-018 are significantly different. That's good, I think.

The cannabinoids would be boring as a group of chemicals if they had the high level of similarity with each other that benzos have. Benzos feel pretty much the same, and I'm not sure I could tell most of them apart by effects.

For my part, the closest comparison I can make is to say that JWH-073 was somewhat like salvia. I've still never tried weed.

Questions about JWH-073

I know a clone of this thread exists in PD - they will be eventurally merged in a couple of weeks or so..

Anyway..

How long does it last?

What's a good smoked dose / oral dose / intranasal dose?

Is it likely to cause anxiety? (+ Did / do you get anxiety from cannabis?)

How does it compare to cannabis?

Is it likely to cause social retardedness ie going quiet + unsocial? (+ Did / do you get it from cannabis?)

Any other information welcome..

Last edited:
i've only tried 018, but i believe 073 is more mellow? less likely to freak out the skidish tokers =D

I'm more familiar with 018 as well but from what I hear from other forums is that the 073 doesn't hit you as hard but is mellow and calming like jung said. This is all without the paranoia after the high that some seem to experience on 018. (I never have personally but everyone is different)

This is what I hear anyway, I don't have any firsthand experience with 073 unfortunately.

^ are you prone to panic attacks? i have had much higher doses than the 3 mg recommended dose, and for the most part i have been getting super high and no problems. i know things affect people different.

^Nope, not prone to pannack attacks; and they seem to happen almost exclusively when JWH-018 is involved. I dont get them on psychedelics either...

I've tried jwh-073, its not as anxiogenic as -018, its not as intense, its a more rounded stoned similar to cannabis. I've noticed it lasts about an hour or two with a sudden drop off in the high as it wears off.

It shouldn't make you any more unsocial than you would be when stoned, think a decent dose to start off with smoked is 5mg (work your way up if its not enough). Think oral dosage would be at least twice that amount, maybe more. There is no point in snorting it.

Pay attention to set/setting/dosage and you shouldn't be anxious at all :)

I'm not trying to start a panic among jwh users, but that naphthalene ring gets metabolized into epoxides.

Epoxides are best known for their use in superglues. This is not a good thing to smoke.

Yes, cymbalta has one too, but you're not usually smoking duloxetine, are you?

My personal differences noticed between JWH-018 and Marijuana

JWH-018 in dosages from 1-10mg have been vaporized and smoked from levels of tolerance of no marijuana/JWH for 1 month to 30 minutes about 50 times over the past 3 months.

At first I was unable to notice a difference in effects.

Slowly I began to notice JWH was more of a head high, comparible to a 100% sativa strain, then a hybrid or indica.

Then I came to the conclusion that JWH does not have the 5 minutes of euphoric "rushing" that marijuana has when I use it.

I finally figured this out by a few days of non stop marijuana/JWH trade of smoking in different regimes.

JWH is very, very spiritual and anayltical. I have much more introspective realizations on JWH then marijuana. As a spiritual/introspective tool, JWH is far superior.

Marijuana is much more fun as an intoxicant. There is much more euphoria in it, and the "rush" is much more pleasant.

JWH can make some situations confusing at times, where as marijuana just dumbs everything down and makes it simple

Marijuana is better for sleep but repeated inhalations of JWH get the job done in a pass out manner.

Marijuana causes drowsiness the next morining.

JWH causes contentedness the next morning.

More experimenation must be done, but those are the differences between Marijuana and JWH and their effects on me personally.

I disagree COMPLETELY. JWH-018 is very analgesic and narcotic for me, and I use it as a substitute for cannabis indica.

I have been unable to put my finger on the differences though. JWH-018 just feels like a very good but unique strain of cannabis to me. I prefer its high to many strains, and to any schwag/mids. One of my favorite parts of cannabis is the taste of the smoke, and I think that might also cloud my perception of the high.

To me there doesn't seem to be any psychoactive effect that JWH-018 lacks and the combination of natural cannabinoids in cannabis produces. If I combine JWH-018 with different strains of cannabis, each creates a unique high. The neurochemical basis for the human perception of being 'stoned' (what an abstract concept to try to study!) is going to turn out to be much more complex than CB1 and CB2 agonism and antagonism.

Last edited:
Have you put Jwh-018 on your dank???

I have yet to try JWH-018 but am interested! Thanks for the post

There's no reason to mix the two in one bowl. You don't want to apply direct flames to JWH-018.