• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega]Synthetic Cannabinoid Discussion

I think this subforum is wholly inappropriate for the JWH series. Although JWHs are cannaboid agonists, they are not classical cannaboids by any means. The JWHs are unique to boring old sativa and indica, and I don't feel that this forum has an adequate audience to discuss this topic. I mean no disrespect, but this topic is better suited to advanced drug discussion.

I should, and give the community a definitive response to the carcinogenic potential of the JWH series, but even then, my exposure was relatively short compared to the chronic Spice smokers, ect.

Honestly, my anxiety is through the roof, and I'm probably just jumping at shadows. I don't really want to go through the whole ordeal of explaining myself to a doctor either. But, you never know.. if I continue to worry about it, I may do so to obtain some peace of mind.

If I do go down that route, I'll assuredly inform everyone of the results.

I think this subforum is wholly inappropriate for the JWH series. Although JWHs are cannaboid agonists, they are not classical cannaboids by any means. The JWHs are unique to boring old sativa and indica, and I don't feel that this forum has an adequate audience to discuss this topic. I mean no disrespect, but this topic is better suited to advanced drug discussion.

No, it's not. This isn't "advanced" enough for Advanced Drug Discussion. We're all adults here, no need to dumb things down. Cannabis Discussion is about discussion of things that have an effect at cannabinoid receptors, not just the cannabis plant itself.

Personally, I think the OP is overreacting and the true nature of Cancer development in the human body is still not well understood.

I doubt a Cannabinoid can cause Cancer...

If a human somehow ingests or inhales pure Hydrogen, it could be dangerous. However, we can drink large quantities of Water (H2O) all day long, even though Hydrogen is present in the chemical formula of Water. The same applies for many things, change one molecule and it becomes hazardous but in another form it's perfectly safe.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the OP is overreacting and the true nature of Cancer development in the human body is still not well understood.

I doubt a Cannabinoid can cause Cancer...

If a human somehow ingests or inhales pure Hydrogen, it could be dangerous. However, we can drinks large quantities of Water (H2O) all day long, even though Hydrogen is present in the chemical formula of Water. The same applies for many things, change one molecule and it becomes dangerous but in another form it's perfectly safe.

I think your missing the point. because JWH is smoked you can due to pyrolysis ingest naphthalene that becomes free from the molecule, which would increase the likelyhood of it causing cancer.

^Is it proven that vaporizing causes the naphthalene to become free from 1-pentyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole? Is there any way to determine this?

What is the difference between naphthoyl and naphthalene? Is it possible one is toxic and one isn't or less toxic at best?

It is not proven of course. It is possible though. There is some precedent for it because, as someone mentioned above, it was found to occur in rats with JWH-015.

Edit: this actually wasn't vaporized. Are we certain that that this can't occur through oral ingestion with 018 as Coolio suggested?

I'm sure there is a way to prove it but more study is needed.

As far as that study u cited about occupational hazards, what was the cancer risk increase?
I bet is was a small increase, meaning that only a few more people than normal got the cancer. If u realized how many nasty chemicals are in the air, especially big cities, u'd wear a mask or move to a different place. Anyways, what's done is done. Good thing u stopped something that might slightly increase ur cancer risks. But at this point there is nothing u can do, so why worry about it?

Good thing u r letting others know about it. I'm sure a lot of users are unaware of the risks. They should know about them so they aren't surprised later.

But seriously, I doubt u'll even get cancer, A statistical increase in cancer rates can mean that 1-2 extra people out of 100 got cancer than normal population would get. Meaning that 99-98 of them were unaffected by the chemical. U'd have to be really "lucky" to fall into the 1-2 % category.

Also cancer won't show up anyways for many years. There are many different stages that cancer has to go through before it becomes malignant. Many genetic mutations. U can decrease ur overall cancer risk by exercising and eating healthy. I know that for women, u can decrease ur breast cancer risk by 30% by exercising and decrease it further by eating well.

CB1 and CB2 agonists almost universally, when tested, seem to have the ability to shrink or kill malignant tumors.

^Malignant tumors = danger sauce

Whatever kills tumors I will be taking for preemptive measures. ;)

Jwh018

Hey guys, I don't post very often, simply browse around, as I usually have no questions or suggestions, but I'm going into an area where I've never been before, which is research chemicals.

In a day or two I'm going to receive a gram of JWH-018, and was wondering what was the best method of ingesting it, and dosing it

There's already a bunch of threads about this. But I hope you have a milligram scale. If you do not, I would highly recommend that you do not try smoking it without one. The dose is so low (2-5mg's) that it really cannot be eyeballed to accurately. And believe me, smoking to much 018 is a very horrible experience that once you do it, you will make sure you do it right next time.

But what I do is just use any type of pipe/bowl or whatever, put a little bit of tobacco or some other type of herb in it, and just put the JWH on top. You could look into making your own smoke blends to make it easier. I usually make about half into a blend for when i'm out and about, and use the other half how i mentioned, as it will last a long f'n time like that.

What if let's say I don't have a milligram scale, are there any better methods than eyeballing it out, if there isn't I'll just go by the trial and error eyeballing method, starting with very low dose (hopefully haha), and smoking until getting to a comfortable point.

I would try dissolving it in water (or something else if it's not water soluble), applying the solution to a known quantity of leafy material (tobacco, parsley, whatever), then drying it out. Then you'll be able to eyeball mush easier.

I don't know if it dissolves in water or not, but if it does, then you should be able to. The problem is that unless you know how much water is in each spray you don't know the dosage, so I guess you'd have to mix a solution so you were using the whole lot on a known weight of baccy. It'd be difficult to get the distribution even too.

Last edited:
^ Can you just dissolve it in water in a spray bottle and spray it onto some tobacco?

Acetone, IAP, everclear. Not just water though, same concept. Just have to wait for it to dry and for the "chemicals" to evaporate.

About 20 mg of JWH-018 to 1 gram of plant material works out well.