• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega]Synthetic Cannabinoid Discussion

I'm not trying to start a panic among jwh users, but that naphthalene ring gets metabolized into epoxides.

Epoxides are best known for their use in superglues. This is not a good thing to smoke.

Yes, cymbalta has one too, but you're not usually smoking duloxetine, are you?

posting something like that w/out a link or source is kinda silly

anybody, anytime, anywhere who starts off a sentence with "I'm not trying to start a panic..." is ALWAYS trying to start a panic

Yeah vaporization is the only way to go if you're dealing with the raw material JWH, I have no personal experience with the pure forms however.

I'd figure I would chime in with my experience. I have smoked most spice blends and spice-a-likes. I found blends like Smoke XXX are extremely sativa-like (was very hard to notice since I am so used to indica strains).

Whereas the blend Spice Arctic is a HEAVY indica stone (first time i tried it I would compare it to 3 bowls of dank at once but that doesn't even describe it).

My question is if anyone knows which strands of JWH RC's are in these blends? I read up that Arctic is 018 (indica stone to me anyway), whereas the 073 blends are extremely sativa-like.

So that would make sense, it just confuses me when I see others saying 018 is like a sativa, complete opposite of what I experience :\ so I'm just curious.

^just pointing out what I've noticed from seeing people smoke different strains of Cannabis, along with trying different psychedelics out. :)

Seems like generally some people smoke a Sativa and are full of energy, ready to take on the world. Yet, others smoke it become so high they don't want to move and just want to sit on the couch. Sort of like how I respond to a nice Indica.

Same scenario applies with other substances too

^just pointing out what I've noticed from seeing people smoke different strains of Cannabis, along with trying different psychedelics out. :)

Seems like generally some people smoke a Sativa and are full of energy, ready to take on the world. Yet, others smoke it become so high they don't want to move and just want to sit on the couch. Sort of like how I respond to a nice Indica.

Same scenario applies with other substances too

Yup you worded it perfectly, everyone responds different. I've seen Sativa strains make people paranoid but never sleepy which was what confused me. Guess that happens too!

I got the same case scenario for Kratom which I use a tool to combat my anxiety/agoraphobic disorder. I use Bali leaf which is supposed to be sedative, but it actually gives me energy and motivation while making others tired. This is probably due to my naturally high adrenalin levels, and the bali balances it out.

Sorry to get off topic I just wanted to list an example that I'm familiar with. Once again, well said stroonz! :D

^Funny you said that, some people take opiates and want to just pass out. Others take opiates and get a jolt of energy.

Opiates do this to me up to a certain amount, then over that certain amount I just fall asleep lol

Haha yeah I guess I'm just weird lol. Moderate doses of opiates get me energized (including Rx opiates) and take my anxiety away. I gotta take a hefty dose to get a nod going believe that! Not even related to tolerance, it just is the way it is I guess.

Since quitting Rx opiates and pods I can say that kratom is quite a miracle plant, it doesn't get you high but provides a mood lift and has anti-addictive qualities which is excellent in my scenario. Plus it's a great source of fiber ;)

Smoked some for the first time last night. Anyone else thought the smell is a bit reminiscent of DMT?

As for the OP's questions, about 2mg produced a light-medium stone (I had no tolerance and I'm usually sensitive to weed). Onset in about 5 min, duration unknown 'cause it gently put me to sleep.

Regarding effects, they were a disappointment to me because they are very similar to those of the skunk weed I normally get (maybe a bit cleaner). I had wanted to try the synthetic cannabinoids in search of a more sativa-like high.

I had no anxiety, just a warm, dreamy relaxation and the same couch lock and disconnection from the outside world that usually puts me off Indica. I look forward to trying the 018 one of these days.

018 seems to be the RC that is causing a small group of people into having panic attacks, so I guess body chemistry plays a big role in how it effects you. To me, 018 is like an indica (sativa-like strains generally is what can cause panic due to elevated heart rate and so on but this is a RC so obviously this is all speculation).

I have severe anxiety/agoraphobic disorder and I never had a panic attack from 018 or any spice-a-like blend which is interesting since people without anxiety disorder are experiencing full blown panic attacks.

My guess is that panic attacks happen when someone ups the dose a bit too high, just my opinion.

I think that's exactly the problem, imahustler. There's a huge difference between smoking 2.5mg and 3mg of JWH-018, whereas with JWH-073 there isn't that large of a difference between 12mg and 16mg.

I am sorry if this is off track a bit but i wanted to add another question (since there doesn't seem to be a Big and Dandy JWH-018/073 thread) but has anyone tried mixing mixing these JWH series substances with psychedelics or other drugs? Does it heighten effects like THC?

JWH-018 works even better at potentiating psychedelic body highs and visuals. Cannabis makes me feel kind of icky and plant-like, rubbery... the faintest hints of salvia divinorum's effects, when I'm peaking on a psychedelic. JWH-018 feels very clean on psychedelics.

JWH-018 + picralima nitida is a great high. JWH-018 + 4-MeO-PCP is even better than cannabis + 4-MeO-PCP. JWH-018 combines better with methylone than cannabis does. The only reason I combined methylone with each is because I'm a pothead. On 2C-T-7, cannabis gives me that slight icky plant-like feeling, but JWH-018 doesn't seem to do anything but build pressure in my head (the cannabis did this too).

JWH-073 + 4-ho/aco-dpt is quite nice. Mixes well with MDPV and modafinil (not all at once of course...) also. Will hopefully get to try it with rivea corumbosa or tricho pach soon.

posting something like that w/out a link or source is kinda silly

anybody, anytime, anywhere who starts off a sentence with "I'm not trying to start a panic..." is ALWAYS trying to start a panic

There is a long thread in ADD about this. The jury is still out but there was one study conducted on rats I believe where they did a test that checked if it (or its metabolites) destroyed DNA which would suggest it is carcinogenic. It wasn't found to destroy DNA in this test so thats good. Apparently the person who sponsored the studies and provided the results wish to remain anonymous though so that doesn't say much for credibility.

You can find the test here: http://www.synchronium.net/2009/02/21/jwh-018-toxicology/

Edit: This is for -018 but they both have similar structures with the potential to metabolize into a toxic chemical.

Last edited:
JWH-018 works even better at potentiating psychedelic body highs and visuals. Cannabis makes me feel kind of icky and plant-like, rubbery... the faintest hints of salvia divinorum's effects, when I'm peaking on a psychedelic. JWH-018 feels very clean on psychedelics.

JWH-018 + picralima nitida is a great high. JWH-018 + 4-MeO-PCP is even better than cannabis + 4-MeO-PCP. JWH-018 combines better with methylone than cannabis does. The only reason I combined methylone with each is because I'm a pothead. On 2C-T-7, cannabis gives me that slight icky plant-like feeling, but JWH-018 doesn't seem to do anything but build pressure in my head (the cannabis did this too).

Have you tried mixing with 073?

I don't think I tried JWH-073 with anything except cannabis.