• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

snorting gabapentin

Status
Not open for further replies.

42989Dan

Greenlighter
Hi all :) I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to snort neurontin AKA gabapentin i have done a little research but i am not sure if it is water soluable

Many thanks to those who can help <3<3<3

Please use more descriptive thread titles in the future.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=256193

There doesn't seem to be too much information about snorting it. The consensus amongst the people that reported trying is that it hurts.

Personally, I wouldn't fuck with snorting a pill that isn't very recreational to begin with.

this is something i kept wondering about myself till i ended up doing it, i know some dont like neurontin as recreational but i did, anyway i did snort one time it was horrible the drip was nasty and my eyes burned, i felt really hyper and good though but i honestly think it was cuz i ate so many before them, i dont recommend it personally but i did it , but unfortunately i am one of those addicts who has to try no matter how much i read on it , am told its bad etc etc, i have snorted and plugged and shot many drugs that i am now ashamed to admit to lol but oh well, the best way i know for me to take neurontin is on full stomache (some reason this raises bioavailability) and take two aleves before naprosyn also supposedly raises bio, i also take the powder out of the pills and put it in small glass with something warm like coffee and chug it down (i dont know if that helps) i do know though after a while no matter how many gabapentin i took it didnt work like first time just my two cents ashla

First of all this is a pill that wont get you high at all. Ive heard people getting a sligh buzz from like 6000mg but i WOULD NOT ADVICE THAT AT ALL.

Second the pills are HUGE and to take even one and crush it up would take forever to snort. Im talking about the 600mg pills then you have to times that by like 8 or 10 so your crushing up huge pills in the range of about 8 to 10 completely crazy. Even if they were the caplets its still tons of powder.

I have gabapentin. And i used it to treat seizures from benzo wd.

My advice is DONT EVEN GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT...DONT DO IT.

tell me how its recreactional, its not a controlled drug (but that always doesnt mean its recreational) and ive heard NO stories about getting high or feeling effects from it except for ONE person

jasoncrest and hes knows what hes talking about...he said he only got some weird slight buzz from the first time he did it and he had to take something like 4000-6000mg i forgot exactly how much.

I mean you feel loopy and such of diphenhydramine (benadryl) but does that mean its really recreational, the feelings suck.

I took 1200mg of gabapentin and felt nothin and im not about to experiment with 1000s of mgs of gabapentin....

I've been taking gabapentin for two years now and I tell you that it CAN be recreational, however tolerance builds very fast for the "high", in the sense that it only works the first few times you take it (and at high doses), and never again with continued use.

It does come back down if you take a break.

It gives a very unique (and rather strong) buzz that it both stimulating and sedating at once. It is characterized by lightheadedness, some disorientation, general warmth, talkativeness, and of course mild euphoria. In some people (like me), it makes them horny as fuck.

If it didn't work for you, too bad. It is doubtlessly recreational for most people.

That is not to say that getting high is the primary reason to use this drug. Gabapentin is great medicine for many ailments and it works. Its use should be primarily medical.

Oh, and snorting it is a silly idea - that's waaaaay too much powder. Besides, it doesn't work rectally due to its chemical configuration (something called zwitteron, honestly I don't understand it), so it may not work snorted either (but I am not sure).

If you're going to snort something stick to cocaine HCL and #4 heroin.

Snorting gabapentin will probably just make you puke. Besides, its buzz potential is almost zero so taking it for anything other than therapeutic reasons is a waste of time.

All it does for me is make me drowsy and sleepy. Not a bad thing, but there is no buzz to go along with that.

Last edited:
Gabapentin is very water soluble, so it will dissolve and be absorbed nasally. However, as others have said, there is too much powder for your nasal membranes to efficiently absorb, so this is an inefficient--and I would imagine uncomfortable--route of administration.

when you people say you get recreational effects or high of gabapentin how much do you take in mg. because mine comes in 600mg and ive takin a double dose of 1200mg

Gabapentin can be recreational, but its similar drug, lyrica, is much better at it (Hence it being C V). I would advise against snorting gabapentin, because it will require A LOT of powder.

snailman2102 said:
Gabapentin is very water soluble, so it will dissolve and be absorbed nasally. However, as others have said, there is too much powder for your nasal membranes to efficiently absorb, so this is an inefficient--and I would imagine uncomfortable--route of administration.

Water solubility isn't the only thing that indicates whether a drug will be absorbed nasally though, and even if it is water solubility doesn't indicate whether it has a BA that is worth it.

eat your gaba drugs. and gabapentin (and lyrica), for some people, is extremely recreational. i use in combination with my opiates and benzos. i use it for WDs. love it. great accessory drug.

dude GABApentin can get you WAYYY fucked up. IF you do it right...you dont snort it,but you can take like 5000-6000mg and you geet wayyyy fucked up. like it is a long, crazy high...

^ya def good during WD for the restless leg shit i get

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been taking gabapentin for two years now and I tell you that it CAN be recreational, however tolerance builds very fast for the "high", in the sense that it only works the first few times you take it (and at high doses), and never again with continued use.

It does come back down if you take a break.

It gives a very unique (and rather strong) buzz that it both stimulating and sedating at once. It is characterized by lightheadedness, some disorientation, general warmth, talkativeness, and of course mild euphoria. In some people (like me), it makes them horny as fuck.

If it didn't work for you, too bad. It is doubtlessly recreational for most people.

That is not to say that getting high is the primary reason to use this drug. Gabapentin is great medicine for many ailments and it works. Its use should be primarily medical.

Oh, and snorting it is a silly idea - that's waaaaay too much powder. Besides, it doesn't work rectally due to its chemical configuration (something called zwitteron, honestly I don't understand it), so it may not work snorted either (but I am not sure).

I fully agree and same with the effects if u take alot it was the same for LYRICA (pregabalin) last night when i had a bit.

I am wondering about mixing gabapentin with LYRICA (pregabalin). hmmmm
I think its only recreational to newbs and not benzo long term users.

Yeah i using it for benzo and opiate withdrawal its costly as but LYRICA (pregabalin) is double the price easy. I going to try some LYRICA (pregabalin) see whats its like.
I had 600mg with lots of cones, suboxone, clonazepam (i am tapering down my benzos "detoxing and i found it to be very different experience.

tell me how its recreactional, its not a controlled drug (but that always doesnt mean its recreational) and ive heard NO stories about getting high or feeling effects from it except for ONE person

jasoncrest and hes knows what hes talking about...he said he only got some weird slight buzz from the first time he did it and he had to take something like 4000-6000mg i forgot exactly how much.

I mean you feel loopy and such of diphenhydramine (benadryl) but does that mean its really recreational, the feelings suck.

I took 1200mg of gabapentin and felt nothin and im not about to experiment with 1000s of mgs of gabapentin....

Yeah thats what i found with Lyrica sort of. I didn't snort it or gabapentin. i going to look on MIMS see what else is in the powders inside these caps.

jamshyd i am just wondering where you got the info on no rectal use with gabapentin, that kind of sucks cuz i usually like to plug alot of my pills , well glad i found out, i take gabapentin for anxiety and it helps alot i dont take it to get high at first i did but then realized it only worked for a few days

ive done it a few times in the past just for the heck of it. it hurts, its a ton of powder, and doesnt get you any higher because the BA is so high orally.

^and it is recreational, you dont know what your talking about man.

its not considered recreational
its preference

u think its recreational, i dont. get it?

so over all it is not

think about oxycontin
it is recreational
there isnt one person onthe planet earth that couldnt catch a buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.