Bluelight

Thread: snorting gabapentin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    snorting gabapentin 
    Capsule
    Hi all I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to snort neurontin AKA gabapentin i have done a little research but i am not sure if it is water soluable

Many thanks to those who can help

2. Collapse Details

Use the search engine.

3. Collapse Details

Please use more descriptive thread titles in the future.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=256193

There doesn't seem to be too much information about snorting it. The consensus amongst the people that reported trying is that it hurts.

Personally, I wouldn't fuck with snorting a pill that isn't very recreational to begin with.

4. Collapse Details

...why snort a pill that won't get you blasted?

5. Collapse Details

this is something i kept wondering about myself till i ended up doing it, i know some dont like neurontin as recreational but i did, anyway i did snort one time it was horrible the drip was nasty and my eyes burned, i felt really hyper and good though but i honestly think it was cuz i ate so many before them, i dont recommend it personally but i did it , but unfortunately i am one of those addicts who has to try no matter how much i read on it , am told its bad etc etc, i have snorted and plugged and shot many drugs that i am now ashamed to admit to lol but oh well, the best way i know for me to take neurontin is on full stomache (some reason this raises bioavailability) and take two aleves before naprosyn also supposedly raises bio, i also take the powder out of the pills and put it in small glass with something warm like coffee and chug it down (i dont know if that helps) i do know though after a while no matter how many gabapentin i took it didnt work like first time just my two cents ashla

6. Collapse Details

First of all this is a pill that wont get you high at all. Ive heard people getting a sligh buzz from like 6000mg but i WOULD NOT ADVICE THAT AT ALL.

Second the pills are HUGE and to take even one and crush it up would take forever to snort. Im talking about the 600mg pills then you have to times that by like 8 or 10 so your crushing up huge pills in the range of about 8 to 10 completely crazy. Even if they were the caplets its still tons of powder.

I have gabapentin. And i used it to treat seizures from benzo wd.

My advice is DONT EVEN GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT...DONT DO IT.

7. Collapse Details

ive done it a few times in the past just for the heck of it. it hurts, its a ton of powder, and doesnt get you any higher because the BA is so high orally.

^and it is recreational, you dont know what your talking about man.

8. Collapse Details

tell me how its recreactional, its not a controlled drug (but that always doesnt mean its recreational) and ive heard NO stories about getting high or feeling effects from it except for ONE person

jasoncrest and hes knows what hes talking about...he said he only got some weird slight buzz from the first time he did it and he had to take something like 4000-6000mg i forgot exactly how much.

I mean you feel loopy and such of diphenhydramine (benadryl) but does that mean its really recreational, the feelings suck.

I took 1200mg of gabapentin and felt nothin and im not about to experiment with 1000s of mgs of gabapentin....

9. Collapse Details

I've been taking gabapentin for two years now and I tell you that it CAN be recreational, however tolerance builds very fast for the "high", in the sense that it only works the first few times you take it (and at high doses), and never again with continued use.

It does come back down if you take a break.

It gives a very unique (and rather strong) buzz that it both stimulating and sedating at once. It is characterized by lightheadedness, some disorientation, general warmth, talkativeness, and of course mild euphoria. In some people (like me), it makes them horny as fuck.

If it didn't work for you, too bad. It is doubtlessly recreational for most people.

That is not to say that getting high is the primary reason to use this drug. Gabapentin is great medicine for many ailments and it works. Its use should be primarily medical.

Oh, and snorting it is a silly idea - that's waaaaay too much powder. Besides, it doesn't work rectally due to its chemical configuration (something called zwitteron, honestly I don't understand it), so it may not work snorted either (but I am not sure).

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    If you're going to snort something stick to cocaine HCL and #4 heroin.

Snorting gabapentin will probably just make you puke. Besides, its buzz potential is almost zero so taking it for anything other than therapeutic reasons is a waste of time.

All it does for me is make me drowsy and sleepy. Not a bad thing, but there is no buzz to go along with that.
    Last edited by Dopamine_Cowboy; 05-05-2009 at 03:20. Reason: missed info

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Gabapentin is very water soluble, so it will dissolve and be absorbed nasally. However, as others have said, there is too much powder for your nasal membranes to efficiently absorb, so this is an inefficient--and I would imagine uncomfortable--route of administration.

12. Collapse Details

when you people say you get recreational effects or high of gabapentin how much do you take in mg. because mine comes in 600mg and ive takin a double dose of 1200mg

13. Collapse Details

Gabapentin can be recreational, but its similar drug, lyrica, is much better at it (Hence it being C V). I would advise against snorting gabapentin, because it will require A LOT of powder.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by snailman2102
    Gabapentin is very water soluble, so it will dissolve and be absorbed nasally. However, as others have said, there is too much powder for your nasal membranes to efficiently absorb, so this is an inefficient--and I would imagine uncomfortable--route of administration.
    Water solubility isn't the only thing that indicates whether a drug will be absorbed nasally though, and even if it is water solubility doesn't indicate whether it has a BA that is worth it.

15. Collapse Details

eat your gaba drugs. and gabapentin (and lyrica), for some people, is extremely recreational. i use in combination with my opiates and benzos. i use it for WDs. love it. great accessory drug.

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    dude GABApentin can get you WAYYY fucked up. IF you do it right...you dont snort it,but you can take like 5000-6000mg and you geet wayyyy fucked up. like it is a long, crazy high...

^ya def good during WD for the restless leg shit i get
    Last edited by Mr Blonde; 05-05-2009 at 15:14.

17. Collapse Details

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamshyd View Post
    I've been taking gabapentin for two years now and I tell you that it CAN be recreational, however tolerance builds very fast for the "high", in the sense that it only works the first few times you take it (and at high doses), and never again with continued use.

It does come back down if you take a break.

It gives a very unique (and rather strong) buzz that it both stimulating and sedating at once. It is characterized by lightheadedness, some disorientation, general warmth, talkativeness, and of course mild euphoria. In some people (like me), it makes them horny as fuck.

If it didn't work for you, too bad. It is doubtlessly recreational for most people.

That is not to say that getting high is the primary reason to use this drug. Gabapentin is great medicine for many ailments and it works. Its use should be primarily medical.

Oh, and snorting it is a silly idea - that's waaaaay too much powder. Besides, it doesn't work rectally due to its chemical configuration (something called zwitteron, honestly I don't understand it), so it may not work snorted either (but I am not sure).
    I fully agree and same with the effects if u take alot it was the same for LYRICA (pregabalin) last night when i had a bit.

I am wondering about mixing gabapentin with LYRICA (pregabalin). hmmmm
    I think its only recreational to newbs and not benzo long term users.

Yeah i using it for benzo and opiate withdrawal its costly as but LYRICA (pregabalin) is double the price easy. I going to try some LYRICA (pregabalin) see whats its like.
    I had 600mg with lots of cones, suboxone, clonazepam (i am tapering down my benzos "detoxing and i found it to be very different experience.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by the unknown View Post
    tell me how its recreactional, its not a controlled drug (but that always doesnt mean its recreational) and ive heard NO stories about getting high or feeling effects from it except for ONE person

jasoncrest and hes knows what hes talking about...he said he only got some weird slight buzz from the first time he did it and he had to take something like 4000-6000mg i forgot exactly how much.

I mean you feel loopy and such of diphenhydramine (benadryl) but does that mean its really recreational, the feelings suck.

I took 1200mg of gabapentin and felt nothin and im not about to experiment with 1000s of mgs of gabapentin....
    Yeah thats what i found with Lyrica sort of. I didn't snort it or gabapentin. i going to look on MIMS see what else is in the powders inside these caps.

19. Collapse Details

jamshyd i am just wondering where you got the info on no rectal use with gabapentin, that kind of sucks cuz i usually like to plug alot of my pills , well glad i found out, i take gabapentin for anxiety and it helps alot i dont take it to get high at first i did but then realized it only worked for a few days

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TRPPNASS_DSCOMONKE View Post
    ive done it a few times in the past just for the heck of it. it hurts, its a ton of powder, and doesnt get you any higher because the BA is so high orally.

^and it is recreational, you dont know what your talking about man.
    its not considered recreational
    its preference

u think its recreational, i dont. get it?

so over all it is not

think about oxycontin
    it is recreational
    there isnt one person onthe planet earth that couldnt catch a buzz.

21. Collapse Details

Just my 2 cents: I also think that Gabapentin also gives recreational effects. If I take around 2400mg, about 2 hours later, I feel very similar feelings that I do with Lyrica. These include mild euphoria, happyness, talkativness, stimulation along with sedation and mild soft closed eye visuals. It actually feels a little bit like alcohol and benzo effects mixed together.

Lyrica is a lot better though. If some people don't find it recreational, that doesn't mean that it isn't. Same with Tramadol, some people can catch a buzz from it, others can't. I never enjoyed myself on just amphetamines, but I don't go around saying that it isn't recreational. It's just not the right drug for me.

Gabapentin obviously works for some and not others. Pregabalin is the better option if you can get it though.

But as others have said, I wouldn't fancy snorting 2400mg of Gabapentin + (x)g of binders and fillers. Even if it did work and didn't hurt like hell, that is a fuck load of powder to get up your nose.

22. Collapse Details

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/su...bapentin.shtml

A whole list of people who have used it and loved it recreationally.

23. Collapse Details

I tried it a few times before I started using opiates, and I can confirm that it does have some recreational properties. Lyrica is far superior though. If you are an opiate user, you should try Lyrica. I loved it. Oh and BTW there is a Gabapentin Mega Thread floating around somewhere, as well as a Lyrica MegaThread I think...

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Hey guys, I just wanted to reiterate what I have posted elsewhere, and that is LYRICA is the ultimate opioid withdrawal drug.

I recently quit oxy (again) at a couple hundred mg/day or so for a few months. Moderate withdrawals (vomiting, shivers, pins and needles, you know the drill)...

On day two, 450 mg of LYRICA completely eradicated every withdrawal symptom. I just took the Lyrica every day for a week, getting up to 900mg/day. I could feel my body withdrawing underneath the Lyrica, but I was in no bad way whatsoever. Nata. It was unbelievable.

25. Collapse Details

Gabapentin cannot be snorted or plugged, it requires the amino acid transporter to facilitate transport into your brain. Trust me, I've plugged 1.2 grams before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast