View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree that is was a stupid not to take MDAI alone the first time I tried it.

It did however happen, and having (ab)used methylone many times, Im very familiar with its effect profile in me.
Therefore i decided to post my experience, since I thought it would be usefull to others.

I also agree that it could theoretically be something completely different than MDAI, but the same problem could be applied on the wast majority of threads here.

What are high doses?
Or doses in general?

what other effects does it have at high doses?

or is it just sobriety with enhaced colors?

i dying to know more about this chemical, but everything i read about it makes it sound uninteresting.

MDAI definitely enhances colors. But I hardly noticed through the intense tactile pleasures and incredible sexual powers.

MDAI definitely enhances colors. But I hardly noticed through the intense tactile pleasures and incredible sexual powers.

I agree with the sexual powers. This one is def. an aphrodisiac. Although I tend to be a little confused for sex over 150 mgs. Under is better IMO.

So is there a consensus on how worthwhile this is among those who have tried it, taking into account after-effects (if any), side effects, overall experience, lack of safety data, etc? I worry a bit about some of these, and have a feeling that people go out of their way to find active compounds that have the MD structure on them since they are more or less guaranteed to sell (at least for a while).

Well, I tried my sample, 60mg to start, follow by 2 20mg additions at 40 and 44 minutes in.

Now, I'm very unsure at this point if I actually got MDAI. I ordered from a supplier i found online, so I suppose it is definitely possible that my powder was something else, especially since I don't know how reliable they are.

I'm concerned because I got some jaw-clenching for a while, I'm definitely stimulated, and I'm euphoric as hell. On the come-up I definitely got some strong rushes. There is a mild head change, but nothing too much. Basically, it feels very strongly like MDMA, although maybe at a lower dose than I've used before. I've only done MDMA about 3 times, but based on the other reports, I really believe this is something else.

I had about 3 or 4 shots worth of alcohol last night, and then took 200mg of modafinil this morning, about 14 hours prior to ingested the "MDAI". I doubt either one of these interacted to make this effect, but I thought I'd disclose everything.

I am very aware of the no sourcing rule, but can I maybe just post the initials of the place I got it from? Mostly I want to see if anyone else has gotten it from this supplier (unlikely though I think) and to see if they had a similar reaction.

Sorry if this is scattered, I'm still well under the effects (ingested first dose 2 hours ago).

I am very aware of the no sourcing rule, but can I maybe just post the initials of the place I got it from?

That'd be a no, I'm afraid. See how you feel when you've come down and report back - but not on the vendor please :)

Well, I tried my sample, 60mg to start, follow by 2 20mg additions at 40 and 44 minutes in.

Now, I'm very unsure at this point if I actually got MDAI. I ordered from a supplier i found online, so I suppose it is definitely possible that my powder was something else, especially since I don't know how reliable they are.

I'm concerned because I got some jaw-clenching for a while, I'm definitely stimulated, and I'm euphoric as hell. On the come-up I definitely got some strong rushes. There is a mild head change, but nothing too much. Basically, it feels very strongly like MDMA, although maybe at a lower dose than I've used before. I've only done MDMA about 3 times, but based on the other reports, I really believe this is something else.

I had about 3 or 4 shots worth of alcohol last night, and then took 200mg of modafinil this morning, about 14 hours prior to ingested the "MDAI". I doubt either one of these interacted to make this effect, but I thought I'd disclose everything.

I am very aware of the no sourcing rule, but can I maybe just post the initials of the place I got it from? Mostly I want to see if anyone else has gotten it from this supplier (unlikely though I think) and to see if they had a similar reaction.

Sorry if this is scattered, I'm still well under the effects (ingested first dose 2 hours ago).

You definitely have MDAI. Perhaps I should have gone into more detail, but in my lone trial so far I found this stuff has euphoria and tactile enhancement like MDMA in ways. But unlike MDMA, it's more focused on sex and I get as horny as a pervert on MDPV and it increases every aspect of sexual pleasure.

Rush from MDAI? Hardly IMHO.

Horny as a pervert?Maybe then that MDAI contains MDPV as a small but efficient addtitive.

You definitely have MDAI. Perhaps I should have gone into more detail, but in my lone trial so far I found this stuff has euphoria and tactile enhancement like MDMA in ways. But unlike MDMA, it's more focused on sex and I get as horny as a pervert on MDPV and it increases every aspect of sexual pleasure.

Hmmm, alright. In hindsight, it definitely had some differences from MDMA. I guess I was mostly concerned because it seemed like all of the TR agreed that there wasn't much euphoria or stimulation. So I probably jumped to conclusions with the whole "it's not MDAI."

I was able to orgasm on the come-up without too much difficulty, but during the peak I don't know if I would be able to.

As a side note, anyone who has the light tan colored MDAI, have you noticed an oddly strange root beer/caramel flavor to it? It's not a sweet flavor, it's still kinda bitter, but it has a weird hint of one of those two.

Would taking a SSRI like Prozac the day after MDAI to help avoid serotonin depletion be a "no no?

Would taking a SSRI like Prozac the day after MDAI to help avoid serotonin depletion be a "no no?

taking an ssri the day after isn't effective. to really have an effect you'd have to take it during the high (thusly killing it). i guess taking it when coming down does have some effect, but taking it the next day is pretty useless.
as nothing is known about the combination of mdai and ssri's i'd definitely abstain even though it's unlikely to be more dangerous then mdma+ssri.

Hmmm, alright. In hindsight, it definitely had some differences from MDMA. I guess I was mostly concerned because it seemed like all of the TR agreed that there wasn't much euphoria or stimulation. So I probably jumped to conclusions with the whole "it's not MDAI."

I was able to orgasm on the come-up without too much difficulty, but during the peak I don't know if I would be able to.

As a side note, anyone who has the light tan colored MDAI, have you noticed an oddly strange root beer/caramel flavor to it? It's not a sweet flavor, it's still kinda bitter, but it has a weird hint of one of those two.

Not very odd. I expect root beer scents from cathinones/amphetamines; I'd never smelled an aminoindane but expected similar. Vanilla/safrole/anise type scents.

taking an ssri the day after isn't effective. to really have an effect you'd have to take it during the high (thusly killing it). i guess taking it when coming down does have some effect, but taking it the next day is pretty useless.
as nothing is known about the combination of mdai and ssri's i'd definitely abstain even though it's unlikely to be more dangerous then mdma+ssri.

Last edited:
I had thought this was supposed to be one of the non-neurotoxic analogues anyway?

Nonneurotoxic tetralin and indan analogues of 3,4-(methylenedioxy)amphetamine (MDA).

Nichols DE, Brewster WK, Johnson MP, Oberlender R, Riggs RM.
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907.
Four cyclic analogues of the psychoactive phenethylamine derivative 3,4-(methylenedioxy)amphetamine were studied. These congeners, 5,6- and 4,5-(methylenedioxy)-2-aminoindan (3a and 4a, respectively), and 6,7- and 5,6-(methylenedioxy)-2-aminotetralin (3b and 4b, respectively) were tested for stimulus generalization in the two-lever drug-discrimination paradigm. Two groups of rats were trained to discriminate either LSD tartrate (0.08 mg/kg) from saline, or (+/-)-MDMA.HCl (1.75 mg/kg) from saline. In addition, a 2-aminoindan (5a) and 2-aminotetralin (5b) congener of the hallucinogenic amphetamine 1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4- methylphenyl)-2-aminopropane (DOM) were also evaluated. None of the methylenedioxy compounds substituted in LSD-trained rats, while both 3a and 3b fully substituted in MDMA-trained rats. Compounds 4a and 4b did not substitute in MDMA-trained rats. Compounds 5a and 5b did not substitute in MDMA-trained rats, although 5a substituted in LSD-trained rats, but with relatively low potency compared to its open-chain counterpart. In view of the now well-established serotonin neurotoxicity of 3,4-(methylenedioxy)amphetamine and its N-methyl homologue 1, 3a and 3b were evaluated and compared to 1 for similar toxic effects following a single acute dose of 40 mg/kg sc. Sacrifice at 1 week showed that neither 3a nor 3b depressed rat cortical or hippocampal 5-HT or 5-HIAA levels nor were the number of binding sites (Bmax) depressed for [3H]paroxetine. By contrast, and in agreement with other reports, 1 significantly depressed all three indices of neurotoxicity. These results indicate that 3a and 3b have acute behavioral pharmacology similar to 1 but that they lack similar serotonin neurotoxicity.

MDAI is 5,6-Methylenedioxy-2-aminoindane.

What I'm really interested in is 5-methoxy-6-Methyl-2-aminoindan (another non-neurotoxic indan analogue)...

They probably will be neurotoxic (and more MDMA-like) if you add a dopaminergic/norepinephrinergic agent on top of them.

MDAI may be non-neurotoxic but my trial seems to have lead to receptor downregulation or some other mechanism of post-use depression.

I tested MDAI again this weekend. This time without methylone, but I did have 8-10 units of alcohol during the night.

Dosage was ~250 mg snorted in small lines in a 6 hour timespan. The burn was initially quite bad, but it got better during the night.

At a low dose this compound makes me feel very relaxed, but at higher doses it starts to get stimulating.
I feel its quite similar to methylone (havent tried MDMA yet), but I feel a bit more mellow and not as "hyper". I had no trouble falling asleep about 1 hour after the last line. No comedown or any noticeable aftereffects.

My friend described it like this: "It feel similar to when I smoke weed while Im on methylone"

The smell is quite strange. Reminds me of liquorice.

Does anyone know what the longer term stability of this compound is?
I expect it to have a fair shelflife, is that a safe assumption?

Has anyone noticed any degradation?

It sounds good although it seems that enough people think it is not that special due to the lack of
dopamine release / stimulation but how valuable would you expect it to be in combinations?

Combinations with 5-HT agonists may be interesting, maybe for augmenting other empathogens like methylone
despite the fact that neurotoxicity reappears... and with GHB or something it may also be cool. Or ketamine!
Although I'm not on the best terms right now with K..

^ I have also been thinking about how a combination with ketamine would work!

I certainly like K combined with methylone, so I think I will test it K and MDAI once I get K again.
I have also been wondering how MDAI would combine with psychedelics, but I think I need to get to know it a little better before I venture in to that territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.