View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a TR on another forum really piqued my interest in this compound it seems MDAI+MPH is the golden nonneurotoxic MDMA mimic combo, i will try this with 125mg MDAI and 15mg MPH it will probs be a while before you see the report tho.

MPH = methylphenidate?

^Mephedrone?

or maybe it was a typo and he meant to say NPH for Neil Patrick Harris which makes perfect sense!

Why would the combo be non neurotoxic? Apperantly adding a stimulant destroys the non neurotoxic aspect.

Ive seen other member refer to ritalin as MPH.

no, its not adding a stimulant but rather a DA releaser. since MPH is a selective DARI, it should not exhibit any neurotoxicity. MPH+MDAI has not been tested yet although MDPV+MDAI was reported to be very positive and MDMA like.:)

Serotonin neurotoxicity in rats after combined treatment with a dopaminergic agent followed by a nonneurotoxic 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) analogue.

Monoamine and metabolite levels and the number of 5-HT uptake sites (using [3H]paroxetine binding) were determined 3 hours or 1 week after treatments. Combining the monoamine oxidase inhibitors, clorgyline (MAOA selective) or deprenyl (MAOB selective) with MDAI did not result in any long-term reductions of serotonergic markers. Similarly, combining the DA uptake inhibitor GBR-12909 with MDAI did not result in any long-term changes in monoamine levels at 1 week. In contrast, a single pretreatment of posttreatment with the nonvesicular DA releaser S-amphetamine and MDAI resulted in small but significant long-term changes in monoamine levels. More importantly, if a subacute dosing regimen (every 12 hours for 4 days) was utilized, the combination of S-amphetamine with MDAI resulted in a marked long-term decrease in the levels of cortical, hippocampal and striatal 5-HT, 5-HIAA and the number of 5-HT uptake sites.

Last edited:
Very interesting, will do some experimenting when i've got the chance to get MDAI:).

so got my MDAI tried, tested and approved... allthough i was on butylone, mephedrone and high doses of 2C-E, i took them at various times of the day/night, feeling the various different come-ups.. MDAI is very mellow... not speedy AT ALL... not a club drug, more a chill out with your SO drug, feeling the love n that... any questions welcome!

would...

Well, I have the full paper from Nichols, so I can copy the substitution values. I've also been really interested lately in MDAI (5,6-methylenedioxy-2-aminoindan), MMAI (5-methoxy-6-methyl-2-aminoindan), and MDMAI (5,6-methylenedioxy-N-methyl-2-aminoindane). I don't think they'll be exactly like MDMA, because the dopamine release has lots to do with the 'magic' and fullness of the compound I'm sure. I say this because reports of IAP (selective serotonin releaser) say that it isn't anything close to MDMA. However, these compounds do sound like they might be a little better at imitating MDMA than IAP.

I've seen one place thinking about making MDAI, they are just checking the legality of it in the US. So, anyone know what the status would be of MDAI in the US?

Would you post/link the entire article? I would really appreate it.

Hmm. My first go at 120mg oral on Tuesday was interesting but not particularly outstanding. As has been said, not a stimualnt at all. It was empathogenic, rather than entheogenic, and I was able to sleep about 7 hours after my dose, although I was tired from my early morning workshift.
So this afternoon I gave it a go at 100mg mixed with 100mg of Mephedrone, and one hour in, it seems a very pleasant experience indeed. Yes, very much so. But there is no depth. I am going to hit my Guitar and Cubase for a bit and see how the creative juices are flowing.
To be honest, I am not that struck on these analogues in general (such as Meph, M1 etc) because it seems to me that they are usually a pale imitation of the prototypes. I give them a go once or twice, but my heart is more fond of the psychedlic trypts and phens really. And I don't like the mid week blues associated with serotonin depletion(?) which leaves me a little bit ratty and uncharitable.
However there are positives going for MDAI from a health point of view.
Your mileage may vary - Love - Pipp

Would you post/link the entire article? I would really appreate it.

Here it is!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

I think you should be able to get the full version free from there. If not, send me a PM with your email and I can send it to you.

Also, I just received 2 grams of MDAI. It is a light tan powder with no strong smell, maybe a little bit of musky light chemical smell, but nothing distinct. I will be reporting back on it as soon as I get the chance to experiment with it. I'm also really interested in this MDAI + MPH combo. I'm looking forward to your TR hamhurricane

I had my first test of MDAI this weekend, but it was in combination with methylone.

I had insufflated around 220mg of methylone in small lines over a ~3 hour periode and when I ran out I decided to add some MDAI. Setting was at home together with two friends.

I snorted around 120mg over 1 hour. When it started to kick in I felt very relaxed and comfortable. My heartrate dropped almost back to normal and I almost felt sedated.
It seemed like the MDAI took away the speediness of the methylone and added a very nice bodyfeeling. There was music appreciation and it felt really nice to talk to my friends.

I am looking forward to see how it is on its own, course it left a very good first impression.

People taking this with other substances should, IMO, not even bother here. Especially people who staggered the doses of that with other drugs. Did you test this personally? Did you watch it being tested? Do you even have access to documentation you can post that showed what you took was MDAI?

No? Thats what I thought.

People taking this with other substances should, IMO, not even bother here. Especially people who staggered the doses of that with other drugs.

Seems like any discussion of MDAI experiences should be welcomed, but I'd appreciate more details and timelines, etc since this is still such an unknown and untested compound. Combinations are a perfectly valid test too, IMO, as MDAI on its own seems to be lacking and there is an obvious desire by many to enhance that experience somehow.

Did you test this personally? Did you watch it being tested?

Assuming you are responding to the previous post, he said he tested it. What more information do you need?

Do you even have access to documentation you can post that showed what you took was MDAI? No? Thats what I thought.

Are you saying you want anyone posting a trip report to also produce an HPLC of their compound? Or are you aware of some fake MDAI going around? *snip* Please elaborate your concerns!

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one would be very interested in seeing MDAI in combination with other compounds.

I view MDAI as a glimpse the future of drug use, "modular" compounds (in this case an effectively pure serotonin releaser) that can be used to build up an experience of your choice.

An Amfonelic acid + MDAI combo might be a perfect combo, just read the experiences with that stimulant.... And because of the way it acts it still wouldnt be neurotoxic!

People taking this with other substances should, IMO, not even bother here. Especially people who staggered the doses of that with other drugs. Did you test this personally? Did you watch it being tested? Do you even have access to documentation you can post that showed what you took was MDAI?

No? Thats what I thought.

If purchased from a reliable vendor, which do exist, then I don't see the reason for the hostility?

Seems like any discussion of MDAI experiences should be welcomed, but I'd appreciate more details and timelines, etc since this is still such an unknown and untested compound. Combinations are a perfectly valid test too, IMO, as MDAI on its own seems to be lacking and there is an obvious desire by many to enhance that experience somehow.

Combination reports are fine, but if you have NEVER taken MDAI before, and you mix it with another drug with similar effects... what are people supposed to take away from that? It could have been something inert and he imagined it because he was on other drugs that produce related effects.

If info on MDAI effects on is own are lacking, it seems the logical thing to do would be to report on its effects taken alone.

If purchased from a reliable vendor, which do exist, then I don't see the reason for the hostility?

I didn't think I was being hostile. But nevertheless, I've known of major vendors (what most would consider reliable) selling misidentified compounds. Most of these were the Chinese vendors that everyone and their mother has access to. I would not consider these reliable myself. I have seen the results of this a number of times.

And no, I don't think everyone has an HPLC machine in their bedroom, nor would that even necessarily be my testing recommendation. But it is cheap to have someone skilled at such things to check it for you, especially when you consider that it is very easy to swap drugs on someone, that these vendors have a spotty track record, are dealing illegally or gray area with all of this, and that it is your personal safety you are risking.

Status
Not open for further replies.