View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently found a source but it may be some weeks before testing it, so im just letting yall know in advance you will have a report from me eventually!

Has any one tried insufflating this substance? Is it painful?

Would it be dangerous to mix with Mephedrone (now known to be an MAOI)? If so, how long should be waited between the MDAI dosification and the Mephedrone dosification?

Thanks & regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't even think about mixing it with mephedrone - how stupid could you be?

what is it with people doing mephedrone. There are better & safer alternatives which don't turn your knees blue.

If you want to mix MDAI with something I'd suggest methylone or butylone. Or MDMA

Please explain the reasons why it should not be mixed.

And how long should be waited between the MDAI dosification and the Mephedrone dosification?

If I use MDAI today, would it be safe to use Mephedrone tomorrow?

what is it with people doing mephedrone. There are better & safer alternatives which don't turn your knees blue.

If you want to mix MDAI with something I'd suggest methylone or butylone. Or MDMA

I have already tried methylone and butylone and I dont like them.

My idea is not to really mix them, but I need to know the safe space-time needed between MDAI consuption and Mephedrone consuption.

Would it be dangerous to mix with Mephedrone (now known to be an MAOI)?

Source? I've heard absolutely nothing as far as conclusive evidence for mephedrone. AFAIK, no one is doing any type of study on it.

As for MDAI, I think I should be getting some in the next few weeks sometime. I'm still interested in trying it, mostly for the non-neurotoxic potential. MDMA takes a lot out of me and it can take 3-5 days before I'm fully back to normal, so I'm hoping MDAI won't have the same crash.

My idea is not to really mix them, but I need to know the safe space-time needed between MDAI consuption and Mephedrone consuption.

I'd say it would be better to use the MDAI first, and then leave at least 24 hours before mephedrone. Mephedrone could possibly have some bad metabolites (see thread in ADD) so I wouldn't do mephedrone before MDAI.

Almost a certainty that it's a competetive inhibitor of MAO in the same way amphetamine is (ie not very significant), but then I still wouldn't mix purely because I wouldn't take it on it's own either (4-MMC not MDAI)

Both really new, unresearched compounds so nobody really has a clue (or even that it's at all safe)

yeah anyone know if its dangerous to mix butylone mephedrone and MDAI???
thx

yeah anyone know if its dangerous to mix butylone mephedrone and MDAI???
thx

are you taking the piss?

All from this thread, on the same page.

I still wouldn't mix (with mephedrone) purely because I wouldn't take it on it's own either (4-MMC not MDAI)

Both really new, unresearched compounds so nobody really has a clue (or even that it's at all safe)

So if the general consensus is that MDAI and mephedrone could be dodgy, I don't think adding butylone to the mix is going to make it safer.

I'm interested in hearing a report on MDAI, has anyone actually used it on this forum yet because I can get a hold of some and it's either this or bk-MDMA. I'm looking for the one closest to MDMA :D

4-methyl-MDAI could be a winner. It would be the aminoindan analogue of 5-methyl-MDA, which is said to be like MDMA but more potent.

*I wish I had the cash for a custom synth* la lala la...

4-methyl-MDAI could be a winner. It would be the aminoindan analogue of 5-methyl-MDA, which is said to be like MDMA but more potent.

*I wish I had the cash for a custom synth* la lala la...

That's not the same as this though 5,6-Methylenedioxy-2-aminoindane ?

No it's not the same thing.

I was just commenting to when someone said that the aminoindan analodue of MMDA would be a winner. And I disagree by the way, MMDA (5-Methoxy-MDA, or alphamethyl-lophophine) seems to be more of a psychedelic, and all 5ht2a agonism will be gone when you make it into an aminoindane. So the aminoindan version of MMDA wouldn't probably have any of the interesting qualities of MMDA.

The compound I'm suggesting would be worthwhile and interesting is 4-methyl-5,6-methylenedioxy-2-aminoindane.

They should close the ring of MMDA... MMDAI could be a winner!
or maybe not.

I don't know - some of those cyclobutylbenzene compounds looked unlikely candidates, but they turned out to have higher affinities than the corresponding phenethylamine. If you really want something that'd give good MMDA like effects, I'd go for 7-methoxy IAP (7-methoxy-5-(2-aminopropyl)indan). The trimethylene ring does a good job as far as the serotonogic system goes (it is more potent than MDA in this respect), it's just the dopaminergic actions where it falls down slightly (also in comparison to MDA, where it only has a fraction of the activity). Seeing as it performs well on the serotonin side, possibly the trimethylene ring will substitute for the methylenedioxy ring of MMDA, the final methoxy group on position 7 of the indane molecule completes the similarity.

It also has the positive quality of not being controlled under UK law! :D

And I disagree by the way, MMDA (5-Methoxy-MDA, or alphamethyl-lophophine) seems to be more of a psychedelic, and all 5ht2a agonism will be gone when you make it into an aminoindane.

My experiences with MMDA were more like MDA than say mescaline or things like DOM. I was almost sleepy during the come up (I find that MDA totally relaxes me and massively dilates time) and felt very MDA like once it peaked. The main difference from MDA was that with eyes closed, it was like watching a cinema screen of whatever thoughts popped into your head (with lower doses the images were black & white, only becoming colour with higher doses). The feeling of tranquility and 'oneness' was much more pronounced, but didn't have any of the closeness of MDA/MDMA - it actually felt like it was a bit more intellectual than emotional in the sense of feeling the 'oneness', but the intellectual understanding of it generated it's own set of emotions , almost of relief at being able to understand what was happening, rather than just feeling it.

Both mescaline & DOM tend to generate an almost hypomanic state in me during the come up, which mostly dissapates during the peak when the calmness sets in - in that respect, MMDA did the opposite, starting off calm (sedate would probably be better during a couple of experiences!), the more active phase coming later

Excepting the above awesome post, we might wish to slow down and think of what we desire to accomplish with these novel empathogens. :)

Concerns of hedonism suggest that a 1:1:1 ratio of 5ht, DA, and NE efflux would be pretty good.
The degree of 5ht2a agonism would be a matter of taste. ;)
(Unfortunately, simultaneous DA and 5ht efflux appears necessarily neurotoxic but also required for that 'magic'.)

IIRC, 3,4-methylene-dioxy substitution (at least on phenethylamine...extending to similar things?) seems to contribute to the toxicity of metabolites, so maybe it's to be avoided.

We want to avoid metabolism to alpha-methyl-dopamine or something related that acts as a dopaminergic antagonist.

And then we want to avoid something (and according metabolites) that inhibits tryptophan hydroxylase a la mdma.

Wouldn't all this more easily be accomplished with a cocktail rather than a single agent?

ebola

And then we want to avoid something (and according metabolites) that inhibits tryptophan hydroxylase a la mdma.

Never heard that before - that just makes the serotonin depletion worse by not being able to replace it from the natural precursor, tryptophan. That just seals my instinct that I'll never have MDMA again

Status
Not open for further replies.