View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the highest dose anyone has tried?
What would be a good starting dose?
Thanks

im really curious about how this differs metabolically and pharmacologically from MBDB. would MBDB be metabolized into alpha-ethyl-dopamine and has that been studied? from what i gather this stuff seem quite superior to MBDB in both toxicity and potency, if anyone has tried both (unlikely i know) i would LOVE to hear a comparison of the subjective effects.

would MBDB be metabolized into alpha-ethyl-dopamine

Probably. And BK-MBDB might be metabolized into alpha-ethyl-norepinephrine.

im really curious about how this differs metabolically and pharmacologically from MBDB. would MBDB be metabolized into alpha-ethyl-dopamine and has that been studied? from what i gather this stuff seem quite superior to MBDB in both toxicity and potency, if anyone has tried both (unlikely i know) i would LOVE to hear a comparison of the subjective effects.

I have tried MBDB and will probably try MDAI soon. Will report.

I had the pleasure of getting a sample to try and I must say its very nice nothing like MDMA really though but nice none the less. I would describe it as a entactogen but very mild stimulation and not so much euphoria as empathy. However there were some wierd feelings to it although i'm gonna experiement more after getting more as only 125mg was tried but i'm interested in trying it alot more times. I'll be making a full report tommorow after work!!!

I cannot answer your PM until I become a bluelighter. Sorry.

can't wait for your report! how long did it last?

I had the pleasure of getting a sample to try and I must say its very nice nothing like MDMA really though but nice none the less. I would describe it as a entactogen but very mild stimulation and not so much euphoria as empathy. However there were some wierd feelings to it although i'm gonna experiement more after getting more as only 125mg was tried but i'm interested in trying it alot more times. I'll be making a full report tommorow after work!!!

Should be trying this soon, will probably dose 100-150mg and report back on effects.

While this stuff is reputedly not neurotoxic (as far as is known so far), can we assume the tolerance issues will be simillar to other MDxx materials?
I suspect so but it's just a hunch at present. Will be tasting soon.
Peace - Pipp

What do you guys think MDMAI Would be like?

Very similar. If I'm not mistaken, MDMAI is even a bit more selective for 5ht release, sans 5ht2a agonism or other monoaminergic release. But MDAI already holds such properties.

Good questions. I'm not knowledgeable enough about this type of thing, but doesn't mdma metabolize to alpha-methyl-dopamine, a dopaminergic antagonist (yuck!!)? Would a-e-da exert similar action? I know that a-m-norepi' from bk-mdma isn't as much of a problem (read: dysphoric after-effect), as I'd guess that a-e-norepi' would be similar.

vs. MBDB: well, the latter releases norepi' in substantial amounts too, so we'd expect it to be more stimulating (but not in that focused, DA way)...but a lot of reports show it to be quite sedating, so I dunno.

re: neurotoxicity: through which mechanism is MBDB neurotoxic? Minor DA release? Toxic metabolites due to the methylene-dioxy ring structure? Are all 3,4-methylenedioxy substituted agents neurotoxic then? If it's the latter, then we'd want a 5ht releaser w/o that substitution. Link to the study?
Nichols has a good paper comparing MDAI to a few things:

J. Med. Chem. 1993,36,3700-3706
Synthesis and Pharmacological Examination of Benzofuran, Indan, and Tetralin
Analogues of 3,4-( Methy1enedioxy)amphetamine
Aaron P. Monte, Danuta Marona-Lewicka, Nicholas V. Cozzi, and David E. Nichols'
Departments of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy and
Pharmacal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907

I'd attach it, but it's obviously too large.

Can anyone comment on the legality of MDAI in the UK? I am by no means a chemist, pharmacologist or lawyer and can make little use of reading the full extent of the laws. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I believe it would be legal, however I'm not 100% sure it wouldn't fall under the Misuse of Phenethylamines bill, and since my chemistry leaves somewhat to be desired, I'd rather let someone else who knows what they're talking about confirm whether it would or wouldn't ...

"any compound (not being methoxyphenamine or a compound for the time being specified in sub-paragraph (a) above) structurally derived from phenethylamine, an N-alkylphenethylamine, alpha-methylphenethylamine, an N-alkyl-alpha-methylphenethylamine, alpha-ethylphenethylamine, or an N-alkyl-alpha-ethylphenethylamine by substitution in the ring to any extent with alkyl, alkoxy, alkylenedioxy or halide substitutents, whether or not further substituted in the ring by one or more other univalent substituents;"

Probably because it was only synthed in the 1990's, and these things inevitably take time to surface. MDMA wasn't big for a long time after it's initial discovery, and it's certainly not alone in that category.

As for its illegality, I would consider it to fall in the same category of research chemicals as does, say, 2ci, mephedrone, jwh-018, or M1, if that even (I add 'if that even' b/c MDAI is not even structurally substantially similar to anything remotely illegal such as amphetamine, DOB, 2cb, or mdma for example).

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't MDA a controlled substance in the US, and could MDAI not quite easily be considered an analogue of MDA? (Again, poor chemistry disclaimer, I'm just assuming here).

In no way is MDAI an analog of anything. Closing a ring is beyond the scope of any definition of chemical analog. No aminoindans are illegal.

Well, I believe it would be legal, however I'm not 100% sure it wouldn't fall under the Misuse of Phenethylamines bill, and since my chemistry leaves somewhat to be desired, I'd rather let someone else who knows what they're talking about confirm whether it would or wouldn't ...

Nope, MDAI not covered by that amendment to the MoDA as it only covers ring substituted phenethylamine, amphetamine & alphaethylphenethylamine

While this stuff is reputedly not neurotoxic (as far as is known so far), can we assume the tolerance issues will be simillar to other MDxx materials?
I suspect so but it's just a hunch at present. Will be tasting soon.
Peace - Pipp

good question, with this compound we can figure out wheter tolerance occurs as fast with non neurotoxic compounds.

So neurotoxicity is not projected (but not proved?)... I hear of no sympathomimetic stimulation either, so barring overdoses what do we ought to look out for, hepatotoxicity and the like and damage to internal organs or carcinogenesis/mutagenesis?
(All of which would not be suspected as of yet) sooo if more and more people will be trying this we still wouldn't know about the long term effects just like we don't know them from countless other entactogens..

So to sum up, we are more and more nearing the point of realizing that the acute dangers are limited so it's a good research chemical candidate - though the downside remains the same as that of all the others, correct-ish?

Seems that way. I am eagerly awaiting more reports. I am considering trying this one out but I wanna hear from others so I can place a priority on it.

From what I've read though it does not sound like it is that MDMA like. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.