View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't exactly say I "enjoyed" it, more like "didn't mind it". It is extremely mild - almost like a high dose of caffeine but with very little peripheral effects and more of a mood lift. I didn't find it very functional (for studying...etc). It was really just a novelty thing.

Something I did with it eventually made me regret it and I never took it after that - I actually don't remember what that was since it was a very long time ago that I tried it, but it was either that I took too high a dose, or took it rectally, or both, and got a panic attack, at which point i decided it simply wasn't worth it.

Still, save for this experience, the drug isn't too bad, but nothing to write home about. Just a novelty.

So I am wondering how MDAI compares to these compounds w.r.t. the comedown, if any?

I'd appreciate any input from those who have tried it on its own.

I found the comedown to be worse than MDMA or methamphetamine.

I had no come down from this compound (first use), but did feel a bit grotty the next day then again I only had 4 hours sleep so could have been that. Also didn't from my first time with mdma tho, but after a while the comedowns where disgustingly horrible and the high was well low. The mdai dose was 250mg +/- 75mg (probably more of the plus and less of the minus) of salt, not base, taken in one 150mg dose then two 50mg boosters over three hours, I think. Might post a more detailed trip report if I can find the time (and remember).
Is this compound likely to have the same tolerance profile as mdma?
I suspect it does, has anyone experienced loss of magic etc?
To be safe, and cos loosing the magic sucked, I took antioxidants before - a good idea or waste of time?

Last edited:
I had no come down from this compound (first use), but did feel a bit grotty the next day then again I only had 4 hours sleep so could have been that. Also didn't from my first time with mdma tho, but after a while the comedowns where disgustingly horrible and the high was well low. The mdai dose was 250mg +/- 75mg (probably more of the plus and less of the minus) of salt, not base, taken in one 150mg dose then two 50mg boosters over three hours, I think. Might post a more detailed trip report if I can find the time (and remember).
To be safe, and cos loosing the magic sucked, I took antioxidants before - a good idea or waste of time?

Why would you take antioxidants with a non toxic compound?

To be safe :)
Its a pretty much unknown compound n thought chucking a bit of vit C etc wouldn't hurt n might even be beneficial. Anti oxidants are healthy anyway, depending on who u ask. In some insane way I thought it might have some effect by slowing tolerance gain lol.

if only i knew what a DARI was

DARI or DRI is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. (Ex. methylphenidate, MDPV) Note that only a DARI/DRI is non-neurotoxic when taken with MDAI. Dopamine releasers (such as amphetamine, methamphetamine, MDMA) will cause neurotoxicity if taken with MDAI.

So I am wondering how MDAI compares to these compounds w.r.t. the comedown, if any?

I'd appreciate any input from those who have tried it on its own.

I've tried it twice. The first time was ~60mg, plus another 20mg booster, and then another 20mg quickly after that. I thought it was pretty euphoric, but pretty short lasting compound. Absolutely no hangover/day after effects. I couldn't even tell i had taken a drug, let alone an MDMA relative, the night before.

I usually get pretty bad comedowns from MDMA, and I've only used it a handful of times. It's probably not quite a week for me, but there are at least 3-5 days where i feel depressed, kinda out of it, and my body aches.

I used this again last night, but it was in combination with a few things. First I had 1.5 beers, then ingested 50mg MDAI and ~2mg MDPV. I went to go outside for several hours, and noticed some effects, but they were pretty light. When I got back home, I dosed another 100mg MDAI. This was probably 3 hours after initial dosing, and so I had pretty much no effects lingering. This redose definitely kicked it back in hard. I went to sleep ~2 hours after ingesting it with little effects remaining. Woke up after about 7 hours sleeping feeling refreshed, without any kind of hangover. In fact, I probably feel a little better than I would normally, because I feel like I got some really great rest (normally I kinda toss and turn) and feel really relaxed this morning.

I'll be repeating the MDPV + MDAI today as well I think, to assess how the tolerance works to this, and also to see if I can achieve the "MDMA" like effects better with this combination. I plan on snorting ~5mg MDPV, with boosters as needed, as well as at least 100mg MDAI, although I'll probably dose higher. Alcohol will also be consumed.

One last note, I think that the MDAI definitely helped me get to sleep easier from the MDPV than if I hadn't taken it. The MDPV was a small amount, but I'm usually pretty sensitive to stimulants. The MDAI definitely made me drowsy, even 2 hours after ingesting the MDPV!

I'll be repeating the MDPV + MDAI today as well I think, to assess how the tolerance works to this, and also to see if I can achieve the "MDMA" like effects better with this combination.

During your second trial, did you feel anywhere near a mdma experience ?

Well I never had the magic with this compound in the first place...but I didn't have crashes from it either and I usually have them pretty hard from MDMA.MDAI felt more like having taken a single dose of an SSRI,with the same feeling next day,something is still there physically but mentally you're in chair.

Maybe the magic of MDMA comes from losing neurons ;)

Last edited:
Yeh I there is no 'magic' with this compound, tho it is quite nice imo. I would describe it as chilled E. I was quite happy to sit n chat, or walk about outside.When peaking i had eye wiggles n fairly good CEVs when lying down - forgetting where I was n believing I was somewhere else etc al la E. Also jaw clenched coming down, a little bit, but thats normal for me from any type of 'pea' comedown.
But talking did feel great with this a very good social lubricant if there ever was one, but not I think a club drug.
Now all I gotta do is find MDMAI and the rest.....

When you say SSRI you mean something like prozac? I found MDAI very different to prozac please could you elaborate?
I'd have to agree with you there - generally a good time means damage in some form, I wonder what this one does long term? Do the long term effects of any of these chemicals scare anyone else or is it just me?

PS does that mean removal of a finger or toe with a blunt instrument would be a good night out? :p

edit:
I woke up with neck ache lasting 3 hours or so- could have been to passing out in a funny position though. Experienced depressive/emotional effects starting a few days after lasting perhaps 3 or 4 days. This may have been due to mdai or other reasons as I had a lot going on then, tbh I'm not sure but i think it might have contributed.

Last edited:
But it could be that the MDAI is at least partly metabolized by MAO-B enzymes, [which are inhibited by Selegiline/Deprynl.]

Could anyone else chime in on the likelihood of this? I have used MDMA with Selegiline/Deprynl (Emsam 6mg/24hrs for three days) several times, and bk-MDMA twice, with minimal if any potentiation--seemingly none of a metabolic nature, but perhaps some dopaminergic enhancement.

I'm considering combining MDAI and bk-MDMA tomorrow night, and will have been on schedule for 3 days of Emsam use by that time. Having tried 122mg of MDAI (for the first time) less than 24hrs after applying the first transdermal patch, I would consider at least as much, or more for the combination--but a metabolism potentiation would definitely change that.

Read this

Personally I think it's a bad idea to combine these three drugs if its your first time MDAI.
Also despite the fact that your selegiline dose is low and MDAI has pretty much no DA activity which is the substrate for MAO-B what you are doing is dangerous.
Where is the line you may not cross with these selegiline combos? Who knows, but if I were you I wouldn't risk finding out.

Read this

Personally I think it's a bad idea to combine these three drugs if its your first time MDAI.
Also despite the fact that your selegiline dose is low and MDAI has pretty much no DA activity which is the substrate for MAO-B what you are doing is dangerous.
Where is the line you may not cross with these selegiline combos? Who knows, but if I were you I wouldn't risk finding out.

It isn't my first time trying MDAI--I have used 122mg before with success.

Taking MDAI with a general MAOI--specifically an MAO-A inhibitor--would clearly be dangerous. The dose of Selegiline I'm talking about is fully MAO-B selective, and I have personally combined it with MDMA with no ill effects.

My question is mainly about speculation of the metabolism of MDAI. I have used 2C-C with Selegiline very successfully--by planning for direct and substantial potentiation through metabolic inhibition. I've also used Tagamet/Cimetidine to potentiate CYP3A4/2D6 substrates, and EGCG to inhibit COMT to potentiate MDMA.

Is there a good chance that a relevant percentage of MDAI metabolism relies on MAO-B, such as is the case for the 2Cs?

Can you please explain more? What did you feel? How long did it last? etc.

Depression, anger, even suicidal ideation, for 2-3 days after. Not an immediate comedown, it ever so slowly wore off by developing into an afterglow. It was only way afterwards that I started to get pissy and miserable.

I am very intrigued by the combination of MDAI with a selective maobi. Wouldn't we expect straight-forward reduction in catabolism of mdai itself (increased potency and duration), but without any qualitative change in effects (given MDAI's selectivity for 5ht)?

Now, administration of l-deprenyl alone at maob selective doses should do similar things for endogenous DA, but would this be sufficient to confer empathogenic magic when one adds in release of 5ht (one poster suggests so)? I mean, taking these types of doses of deprenyl sure as hell doesn't 'feel' like ingesting a DARI or anything of the sort (and I believe the effects of l-ma and l-a metabolites to be nigh negligible here).

SO GUISE! What gives? ;)

ebola

I mean, taking these types of doses of deprenyl sure as hell doesn't 'feel' like ingesting a DARI or anything of the sort (and I believe the effects of l-ma and l-a metabolites to be nigh negligible here).

i may be sensitive but 5mg selegiline definitely has a pronounced stimulatory effect. im still not clear on the effect of those metabolites, do they contribute to the effects of selegiline under any circumstances?

I think it is a huge mistake to try this compound with the expectation that it will be an MDMA substitute.

Since I personally never found 'magic' in my few MDMA experiences, I have no preconceptions of some paragon MDMA experience.

I will likely be sampling this in the coming weeks, but will keep some kind of remedy at hand in case of a crash...

Perhaps "MDMA substitute" is not the appropriate analytical concept here. "Empathic opening" perhaps? Expansion of affective resonance with others colored with unbridled enthusiasm?

I dunno. These experiences run somehow dimensionally counter to my mundane experiences, but perhaps not yours. They were and continue to be magic to me though. :D

Now as to the 'remedy' for any MDAI-engendered 'crash'. . .I'm not sure if we yet have one appropriate. With classical stimulants, it's quite simple: find something to attenuate the jitters, and you're left with mild lethargy at worst, a wakeful GABA-nerg'ed state at best. If you wander into the psychoto-zone (Moloch forbid), it's an atypical anti-psych', night of sleep, and the lethargy to follow.

Whatever happens in the wake of an insult to 5ht appears to be more of an enduring, enigmatic beast. Perhaps a stimulating opioid is what is called for, but who knows? Happy hunting.

My hypothetical plan:
moderate dose (100 mg or less) MDAI taken alone.
moderate to reduced dose, depending on the results of above trial, with a 5 mg/day regimen of selegiline.
at least 2 weeks abstinence from selegiline
a moderate dose of MDAI coupled with a mild to moderate dose of a DARI or DA releaser.
and do I dare tread into:
5 mg/selegiline/day + moderate dose MDAI + a potentiation-adjusted dose of a DARI or DA releaser (I have plenty of data from trials of the latter two to know how I respond)?

If the latter proves necessary to get my 'rocks off'...well...maybe it's time for a drug vacation. ;)

Needless to say, if I yield significant effects from any of these trials, MDMA-esque spacing between them is warranted.

ebola

Status
Not open for further replies.