View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone was still curious I figured I'd post here to confirm the aforementioned suspicion that combining either a dopamine releaser or a selective DARI with MDAI would be ideal for replicating the effects profile of MDMA. A couple days ago I took 150 mg of MDAI freebase orally in a gel cap. At about T+45 minutes, when full effects had begun to manifest, I snorted 20 mg of mixed amphetamine salts (read: generic Adderall IR). Doing so produced a 3-4 hour experience qualitatively indistinguishable from 130-160 mg MDMA. While I seriously doubt this has any advantages over the real thing in terms of general health or neurotoxicity, it certainly makes for a decent substitute given the paucity of good molly floating about nowadays. Hope that info is helpful. Peace, fellas. :)

I have a suspicion taking MDAI an hour or so prior to 2c-x will make the trip smoother, reduce body load and allow a more enjoyable experience.

Last edited:
pure citric or ascorbic acid (both available in every supermarket) would be much more pleasant to work with than acetic acid.

Are they really in every supermarket? What would they be labeled as?

Not in my local big Tesco they were not.
Asked a couple of assistents and we all searched.
Closest we could get was "lemon juice from concentrate, preservative (Potassium Metabisulphite).

Should do the job though.

i dont mean to be lazy but could someone specify the the potency difference btw MDAI HCl and MDAI freebase, ie a gram of MDAI freebase is as potent as how much HCl? considering the only advantage freebase chems have over salts is their lower melting point (and higher potency by weight) i think we can assume somebody has smoked this material and found it worthwhile...

i had a low dose trial with MDAI - some minor bag and finger licking which was probably around 40-50mg, it produced a mild peaceful and thoughtful state which i quite enjoyed. that said im very sensitive to MDxx compounds, 50mg of 4-FA or MDA will have a profoundly strong (and negative) effect on me...

Are they really in every supermarket? What would they be labeled as?

apperently they only carry ascorbic acid in the larger supermarkets but citric acid is in every small supermarket here. it's labeled as such and used for marmelade or baking or something like that...
maybe it's different in the u.s. but i've yet to see a supermarket without citric acid over here.

i dont mean to be lazy but could someone specify the the potency difference btw MDAI HCl and MDAI freebase, ie a gram of MDAI freebase is as potent as how much HCl?

1 g of MDAI freebase = ~1,2 g of MDAI HCl

got to sample 120mg
effects came on 30mins after and it started of with the feeling you get when blood runs out of your palms and it becomes white and cold.. then it moves on to a very relaxing tingly feeling and eventually becomes a bit stronger and very steady.. felt like taking a lot of benzos with your body buzzing with a big forcefield or something.. hard to explain..
felt kinda weird to me but very fucking relaxing and got me pretty sleepy towards the end..
with weed during the peak, i barely felt the weed.. after about 1hr and 30 mins smoked again and it became really fun.. thoughts really spinning while you stay in bed unable to move because you feel extremely relaxed..
then stoned and with n2o was even more fun.. i felt it goes really fucking nicely with n2o..
felt nothing like methylone or e to me..
at 2 hours i was feeling pretty fine already until about 2 hrs and 30 mins when i took n2o again then i felt it again.

Not in my local big Tesco they were not.

Try looking in "ethnic" shops - you can buy a big bag of pure citric for pennies in most Indian shops and you'll find it in with the other spices. Pure vit C powder can be found in Boots and other pharmacies easily enough too. Failing that, needle exchanges generally supply either or both free in the UK.

This is my first post, so please bare with me.

Here my MDAI trip report.

First, a little history, I’m experienced in the art of, weed, hash, opium (a wonderful time lady’s and gentlemen, in a NYC den over a whole weekend with friends) coke (I know I know, but it’s fun to rush rush to yayo sometimes) salvia devierum (‘what 5 minutes, man I was gone for days!’) morphine (during a long hospital stay, IV with the little pump thingy, I pumped that thing till my thumb was going to fall off, the drug, dangerously awesome) meth (nasty) mushrooms and LSD (‘wha’ there are dimensions upon dimensions and perceptions upon perceptions’ cool stuff, left it behind like a dirty hippie who begs for world peace and picks your pocket at the same time.) MDMA (‘Man I want to feel like this every waking hour for the rest of my life, give me more, What?! Dopawhatamine reuptake neurotoxicity, serotonin deregulation? Damn man!) Methylone (good but I had to leave that meth the f**k alone- TILL!! stay tuned for a return of the sneaky cat further down in this report –stupid smiley face icon here-).

Second, set and setting:

Sex: Male
Pounds: 205 pounds of pure muscle (think Adonis on a diet rich in drugs beer booze and lazy sundays)
Married with a beautiful new born (no drug could compete with it)
Location BK, NY is were we live and we’re thorough, cause Brooklyn’s the borough – ah early hip hop, no bling.

Setting:
Cool fall night, home alone – I miss them — coral aquarium lights are on (a beauty) yankees on the stupid box (flat box?) listening to late 70’s hip hop (ie nostalgia), wife beater on? check, boxers? check, mushface (our feline house mate) alive? check, sam adams new dunkenweizen fall brew uncapped in hand, check. Balcony with a view of NYC cityscape at hand, check (looks like emerald city on a clear fall night) 10pm. It’s a work night.

Set:
Nervous tired worried: though that comes with being 40 with ass loads of responsibility, my last tens years drug experiences has had this mindset near to me, but once the time for relaxation, or fun is at hand I can focus my mindset away from those worries to enjoy the time out.

Ingestion:
Tan MDAI 180mg in OJ shaken. Empty stomach, vitamins at hand.

Onset, 20 minutes, fingers and toes tingle, a chill in 30, a warmth in 1 hour, a fizzle, it’s mild, I yawn, and yawn some more, no real insight, tactile ok, cool shower felt nice. Then, though the yankees were winning they were pissing me off, joe buck is pissing me off (he’s announcer) the music is pissing me off, and I’m getting really sleepy, I walk out and get some air and the stillness is pleasant but I’m getting really sleepy about 2 hours in, there’s no real introspection with this substance and think well that was a dud go to sleep. I could have have a great 30 year old scotch and cigar and felt better and happier.

The bedroom is cool, the bed warm and I figure it’ll take me a second to sleep. NO. instead I’m semi-relaxed sleepy and pissed off all at the same time and I can’t fall asleep. I ask myself why is it so substance so one dimensional edgy at times. I always thought the fun was the serotonin and that dopamine was the evil brother, not so, turns out dopamine conducts the symphony. Without it MDAI is a million dollar violin sitting there begging to be played by a master. Tossing turning, not high but high, man now do I wish I had that stuff I left alone, nope I finished that Mcat, M1, Methylone whatever it’s called now. BUT WAIT folks, in a spark on memory (thank you serotonin for helping my memory) I remember the first time I had that methylone I cut it up on a issue of Time Magazine, and afterward I hid the magazine away from wife and child, so as not to get dosed, thinking it would come in handy one day, well I jumped out of bed found it, and started licking Obama’s face like a 5 dollar hooker with a crack addiction, chasing down with warm beer, all I need was lip stick and fish nets and to fall down in the gutter to cement the whole image.

I laugh.

Not 5 minutes later, f**k yeah, that’s it, conductor conduct. The Beast in me is soothed. I greatly enjoy the next hour. Pass out like a baby, wake up in a great mood.

But, ‘Man I want to feel like this every waking hour for the rest of my life, give me more, What?! Dopawhatamine reuptake neurotoxicity, serotonin deregulation? Damn man!’

MDAI is a let down, I know a lot of talk here is about not trying to use MDMA as a gauge to judge many other MDxx’s out there, but the very reason MDAI was made was to experience MDMA without the neurotoxicity.

I will try, with some speed on hand, 75mg and see if I can enjoy it on a low dose and judge it on it’s own merits.

Fellow travelers, the hunt continues.

Stay tuned, up next 2c-c

the very reason MDAI was made was to experience MDMA without the neurotoxicity.

not quite. it was made to investigate the serotonin system and the structure activity relationship of aminoindanes. everyone hoped it would be MDMA without the neurotoxicity but thats unrealistic, if you combine it with a DARI like methylphenidate you should get the effects your looking for sans neurotoxicty, which is a pretty good deal %)

I'm having a hard time with the reason a DARI aka ritalin added to MDAI would not be nonneurotoxic - it seems the ritalin works on the dopaminergic system in a way that must release dopamine (actually it's not fully know - from limited research I've done- how it works on the dopaminergic system) and if it does release dopa that dopa must make it's way into the Serotonergic synapse and up into it and cause this oxidation stress.

If there is some reason as to why that's not the case please enlighten me

it seems the ritalin works on the dopaminergic system in a way that must release dopamine

no it doesn't. check out my post a few pages back which cites a study by david nichols providing evidence. MDAI + a selective DARI (eg MPH) = no lasting changes in serotonergic neurons or whatever other marker they were using.

The magic of racemic MDMA seems in some way related to having a DA:NE release ratio somewhere near/less than 0.66 or so. This norepinephrine release seems to be important, since S-MDMA (the more potent enantiomer) has about an even DA:NE release while R-MDMA is much more divided with a ratio of about 0.15. S-MDMA is more potent of releaser of monoamines, however.

The stereochemistry for agonism of the 5HT2A and 5HT2C receptors is inverted, with R-MDMA and the active metabolite R-MDA having the much greater affinity and assumably acting as the agonist.

Has anyone actually tried the MDAI + methylphenidate combo? Just wondering how the effects are.

same w bkny got really sleep and sedated but could not fall asleep. weird feeling but very relaxing. not what i expected at all tho.

ham I read that, and of course had the difficult time of digesting the info on the nichols paper.

A question, would a DARI, a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, only work on the dopa systems axons and dendrites from the reuptaking dopa yet not affect the serotonin axons from mistakenly reuptaking the dopamine and hence causing the oxidative stress?

also here's a post I put up on the 2c-c mega tread but thought it useful here:
I need some help.

I enjoyed some MDAI on a tuesday, and I'm interested in 2c-c on friday or sat- however - what if any - does 2c-c do when there maybe some serotonin downregulation from the MDAI? is it a waste to try something that's a serotonin receptor agonist (ie 2c-c) after a rush of serotonin was flushed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.