View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is said the crash of MDMA comes for a good part from serotonin depletion, how fast does MDAI deplete serotonin? If you take a high dose of MDAI is that awesome, or do you run the risk of having a not that magical experience and still have to deal with an emotional plunge?

Hmm I think I'm beginning to see the theoretical limitations of MDAI maybe I'd better save my serotonin for AMT.

At the moment I consider methylone to be the best general purpose empathogen, the only improvement I can see is a compound that has a similar DA/SE affinity profile but works more or completely through reuptake inhibition than release, preferably a healthy balance between those. Am I right to think that is were the ideal quality for physical-mental price proportion is?

Also: still interested in the shelflife of MDAI...
Although I now employ dessicant, aluminum foil for light, a sealed jar and a freezer for some compounds so I could just throw some in there. I also love stock solutions though so please tell me if you know, or have any experience with degradation or lack thereof.

No problem with stability,will outlast you! 10 year old samples are still the same.

It is said the crash of MDMA comes for a good part from serotonin depletion, how fast does MDAI deplete serotonin? If you take a high dose of MDAI is that awesome, or do you run the risk of having a not that magical experience and still have to deal with an emotional plunge?

Hmm I think I'm beginning to see the theoretical limitations of MDAI maybe I'd better save my serotonin for AMT.

With my one trial (100mg total), I experienced absolutely no day-after effects, or any sort of crash or depression in the mood the following days. Normally with MDMA, I am completely wiped out for 2 or 3 days, and then not quite normal for another 3 or so days. I would like to try it again, but for the moment I'm unable to, as I just start Pristiq. However, I think that it has little to no crash, especially compared to MDMA.

^^ i really don't think MDAI depletes your serotonin like MDMA does... I found little similarities between the two... no extreme euphoria, love, and no energy, a slight feel for music and a bit chattier than usual... but reallly not that great...

i don't recommend this i considered it a waste of money... mephedrone is far better as a "replacement" for MDMA

It seems no matter what, a "replacement" for MDMA is still not obtainable.

My experience with MDAI was quite pleasant. I personally enjoyed not getting all amped up and bouncing off the walls, such as with Mephedrone or MDMA. A few times now at 130gm I had many pleasant effects similar to MDMA. Most surprising was when I felt horny, I was even able to perform, which I've never managed with Mephedrone or MDMA. Best of all is when I'm ready to sleep, I can! I'd consider MDAI not a waste of money at all, but very recreational for someone who is not looking for extra energy and instead wants to have a very mellow chilled out few hours.

^ I totally agree! And the non-neurotoxic part is just a bonus.

Anyone notice a "dark" aspect to MDAI or any dysphoria? I haven't experimented with the higher doses yet...

the only improvement I can see is a compound that has a similar DA/SE affinity profile but works more or completely through reuptake inhibition than release

5ht reuptake inhibition doesn't seem to feel like one would desire from an mdma-like compound.

ebola

Has any one tried insufflating this substance? Is it painful?

Would it be dangerous to mix with Mephedrone (now known to be an MAOI)? If so, how long should be waited between the MDAI dosification and the Mephedrone dosification?

Thanks & regards.

I've taken mephedrone with methylone and mdma before. This is the first I've heard of it being an MAOI. It can't be a very strong one cause I did 200mg mdma, 300mg methylone, and 150mg mephedrone and it was great.

I saw where one vendor is saying they are no longer carrying the mdai hcl salt, they will now sell the mdai base......they are basically saying it is better.....

so what is the difference? Does the base mean it is more active in some way? Can you smoke it now?

The base will not readily be soluble in water, it means that smoking may be a possibility (i.e. freebasing) but I would hesitate to try.

If you ingest the free base MDAI your body adds acid to it in your stomache, thereby salting it as if it were the HCl all along...

The upside most people get is that by weight the MDAI is more potent when there are no chaperone parts sticking to it...
The downside most people may get is that the free base is a more agressive substance,
it can disrupt the stomache and cause problems, thats about it!
Since in the stomache it is after all salted....

^^^ Thanks!

This material seems very intriguing to me. I enjoy subtle experiences sometimes.....

The base will not readily be soluble in water, it means that smoking may be a possibility (i.e. freebasing) but I would hesitate to try.

If you ingest the free base MDAI your body adds acid to it in your stomache, thereby salting it as if it were the HCl all along...

The upside most people get is that by weight the MDAI is more potent when there are no chaperone parts sticking to it...
The downside most people may get is that the free base is a more agressive substance,
it can disrupt the stomache and cause problems, thats about it!
Since in the stomache it is after all salted....

Solipsis or anyone in the know, is this the case with any freebase?

I ask because I have aMT freebase and to my dose I add 2ml of warm water and 1 drop of vinegar and 1 drop of lemon juice to try and get it to disolve.
It still does not fully disolve but is suspended in the liquid which I plug.

As there is no acid in the rectum will I be getting full absorption of the aMT?
If not maybe this is why I get euphoria but no stimulation or energy.

Thanks Ximot. :) Good to see you around.

No dose of 5-HTP is going to give you any effects remotely similar to MDMA... I'm not sure what your friend is talking about. Maybe exaggerating? Some people are like that. My best friend used to make up stories all the time for no apparent reason, sort of like that.

300mg of 5-HTP WOULD make me feel tired and groggy... it's a bit of a heavy, weird feeling.

I am not recommending this in any way, as it is contraindicated by most doctors and in most medical literature, but I have got a sort of rolling feeling from 5-HTP once. It was really only a fraction of the actual euphoria, and had NONE of the psychedelia of MDMA, but what I did was take 10 mg of Lexapro (I had a sample pack lying around, I don't take SSRIs) along with 200 mg of the 5-HTP.

Now I've rolled numerous times, and have used 5-HTP sparingly as a supplement - mostly for the recovery period following a rolling night - I am fully aware that 5-HTP is not on the same galaxy as MDMA and really have no ambitions on trying to use it as a substitute.... this was merely an experiment.

I must say I was surprised by the mild but significant effect... like i said there was no psychedelia but there was definitely a positive mood burst and a warm 'rolling' type feeling in my gut. So i guess I rolled in that respect, lol. As far as the warmth goes, I am fairly certain that I could "feel" the excess serotonin as it was a bit different of a warmth than an opiate warmth.

I guess it makes sense that the 5-HTP, although subtle at normal dosages (even higher dosages), would make its presence felt much more when taken with an SSRI... the lexapro probably contributed by inhibiting the reuptake of the excess serotonin in my system provided by the 5-HTP. In this sense, I could feel an SSRI working far quicker than I otherwise would. God i should get a grant from the gov't and do some serious research about alternative rolling!! lol

Either way it was enough that I was somewhat concerned that I had given myself a low-level serotonin syndrome, but the feeling never got out of hand and I did feel pretty good. I don't recommend this to anyone just posting my own foolish experiment!! oh, and one more thing to note is that before all this I had taken 5 mg of dextroamphetamine about 3 hours prior... so that may have contributed but I was barely feeling the dex as it was a low dose and i have an Rx to dexedrine and i am quite used to the effects.... the 5-htp/lexapro combo had contributed most if not all of what happened.

Last edited:
As there is no acid in the rectum will I be getting full absorption of the aMT?
If not maybe this is why I get euphoria but no stimulation or energy.

I'd suggest adding enough acid until the whole thing dissolves. This should be healthier to your rectum too, since at that point the solution will be neutral, and the AMT will no longer be in freebase but in salt form.

You can easily calculate how much acid to add by the molecular weights:

( amount of amt / mol.wt of amt )* mol.wt of acid = amount of acid to add

You can find out the molecular weights from wikipedia.

Has anyone seen reports they can point me towards, combining MDAI with substances such as methylone / mephedrone / mdpv

thanks

I'd suggest adding enough acid until the whole thing dissolves. This should be healthier to your rectum too, since at that point the solution will be neutral, and the AMT will no longer be in freebase but in salt form.

You can easily calculate how much acid to add by the molecular weights:

( amount of amt / mol.wt of amt )* mol.wt of acid = amount of acid to add

You can find out the molecular weights from wikipedia.

Thanks for the reply, bit over my head but on aMT wiki page I cannot see "mol.wt", "mol.mass" is there 174.24 g/mol.

Molecular weight of acetic acid = 60.0 gm / mol

Molecular weight of lemon juice = 192.124 g/mol (anhydrous)
210.14 g/mol (monohydrate).

Can you tell me how much of either I would need to disslove 50mg of aMT?

Three Parrots were sitting in the cage 1 took 5mg, 40mg, 80 mg staggered over three hours. 2 took 150 mg and 3 took 150mg plus an extra 35 mg weighted dose. Effects were very very mild some resemblance to E in a few ways but it was very much a relaxed buzz. Fortunately the cage was chilled out and sit down. Parrot 2 and 3 said would trade again as it was a lot of fun while parrot 1 thought she needed a larger dose (we were being careful as Parrot one was on other meds (No SSRIS OR MAOIS) . Feel free to ask any questions I am pretty new here so my formatting may not even be right for this page. Mods feel free to message me if I need to change anything

Thanks for the reply, bit over my head but on aMT wiki page I cannot see "mol.wt", "mol.mass" is there 174.24 g/mol.

This really isnt a useful approach to the situation, because I doubt you will know what percentage of the juice is citric acid. Also, it's way over thinkin it. Just add enough to put into solution. Add a bit, stir it around, repeat until it all goes into solution. White vinegar is another option.

50mg AMT = 0.05g -> 0.0003mol AMT -> 0.017g Acetic Acid = 17mg

pure citric or ascorbic acid (both available in every supermarket) would be much more pleasant to work with than acetic acid.

Just add enough to put into solution
yup. should work as good and be easier. just keep in mind that you need very little acid for it to dissolve and that it may take a while even if you have added enough acid already.

Status
Not open for further replies.